Moderator Notice: Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.
These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei
Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi
GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
I was gonna ask people to explain the apparent Shoseki inflation... but it was then where I believe I understand the inflation now. Yeah, positions 50-100 are really goddamn wonky, to say the least. Oricon should really bring the Top 100, it’s getting really dire.
Why is Jujutsu Kaisen suddenly seeing these crazy boosts now? The question’s rhetorical. I’m happy for the series, don’t get me wrong, but it just makes everything harder to keep track of. Are exorcists just in right now? Was Nak ahead of the curve trying to serialize so many exorcist series?
Kimetsu and Jujutsu have excellent sales. We are seeing the boost caused by the kimetsu film.
So it is certain that they will invest in manga of this kind, mainly with the possibility of ending chainsaw man (which also has good sales).
It was like this when Naruto finished, everyone wanted a replacement at the height and in that need Boku appeared in the hero academia, Black clover and Boruto.
And..... does anyone have a guess who the seiyuus were? If they’re pretty big names, I think we can gauge just how high Jump’s expectations are for this series. The only question is, how it will transition into a series. I’m interested in having multiple pairings within the story.
And..... does anyone have a guess who the seiyuus were? If they’re pretty big names, I think we can gauge just how high Jump’s expectations are for this series. The only question is, how it will transition into a series. I’m interested in having multiple pairings within the story.
None of the VAs used for any of the Vomics are famous or have any huge roles in the anime industry. Which makes sense, since they're just some youtube videos that will hardly reach any huge traction.
These are probably the most ambiguous and useless numbers ever, and not because of them being bad, but because we can determine nothing out of them. We can say they're better than Moriking and AGRAVITY BOYS, or at least seem to do a bit better than those, so they're kinda safe. This won't be solved either with second weeks and whatnot, since we already know their print is absurdly low and will probably go down from the rankings, so don't expect any third or fourth week.
Regarding Yozakura's inflation, there won't be any number to contrast it and see if it's actually inflated or not, given its monthly will end up being between 20-25k, which is just another slow improvement from its previous volume that could easily be natural.
So yeah, nothing. As for Yozakura, if walls keep up we won't even have numbers to contrast its performance as long as it doesn't suddenly blow up. As for the newbies, we'll have to wait for future volumes and still see if the magazine tries to cancel something that's currently performing worse than them. I'd only affirm that as long as Moriking and AGRAVITY BOYS live, and none of these newbies drop to Bottom 1 for 10 consecutive issues, they'll just keep living.
Well while Jump has always had those occasionally series like Hunter x Hunter, Death Note and Chainsaw Man to name a few which seemed aimed at an older demographic (and often for the type who grew up reading WSJ) I'd say the vast majority of series fit pretty firmly for the ages of 10-16, often even a little younger.
None of the VAs used for any of the Vomics are famous or have any huge roles in the anime industry. Which makes sense, since they're just some youtube videos that will hardly reach any huge traction.
If I remember right, Okamoto voiced Bakugou in the vomics before landing the role permanently with Bones (Or was it Yamashita?). At that point, I think he was fairly well-known, but not an A-list tier seiyuu. That includes Yamashita as well.
If I remember right, Okamoto voiced Bakugou in the vomics before landing the role permanently with Bones (Or was it Yamashita?). At that point, I think he was fairly well-known, but not an A-list tier seiyuu. That includes Yamashita as well.
Yeah, they could eventually land big roles by becoming popular or if their voices manage to fit the characters for an eventual anime adaptation. Talking hypothetically, Yozakura's Vomic VAs were really fitting overall, so I wouldn't see pretty crazy if, again, hypothetically, they voiced the characters in an anime adaptation. Still, as of now, they're mostly rookies, you can also see a lot of them quote the tweets of Jump's Channel Twitter Account, and none really goes past 500 followers or so.
Yeah, they could eventually land big roles by becoming popular or if their voices manage to fit the characters for an eventual anime adaptation. Talking hypothetically, Yozakura's Vomic VAs were really fitting overall, so I wouldn't see pretty crazy if, again, hypothetically, they voiced the characters in an anime adaptation. Still, as of now, they're mostly rookies, you can also see a lot of them quote the tweets of Jump's Channel Twitter Account, and none really goes past 500 followers or so.
AKA: This essentially confirms that the manga's over after the Sensei route. No hidden 6th final "true" route or any bullshit like that. So WNL's ending in 5 issues, or... 2021 Issue 2, out December 14, 2020. Could very well see Blue Box serialized before the year's up.
AKA: This essentially confirms that the manga's over after the Sensei route. No hidden 6th final "true" route or any bullshit like that. So WNL's ending in 5 issues, or... 2021 Issue 2, out December 14, 2020. Could very well see Blue Box serialized before the year's up.
I'd say after the year if it happens, since we having the double double-issue.
The next group cover is going to be really interesting to see since it seems WNL will be over already. The ? lies in Chainsawman.
Anyways, the next group cover is going to be Luffy, Deku, Asta, Senku, Yuuji, Denji if CSM hasn't still ended and...a lot of newbies with Taiyou as the most veteran character from that batch.
Yeah, it will.
Agravity and Moriking only survive because WSJ still need to find more hits. But from the looks of it, it's going to get very competitive going forward, especially with Shimabu's new series debuting soon.
Not to dampen your spirits but both Roboco and Magu chan got partial reprints meaning they go to the warehouse not directly to the stores. So it's not as urgent but still means they expect copies to sell eventually.
Not to dampen your spirits but both Roboco and Magu chan got partial reprints meaning they go to the warehouse not directly to the stores. So it's not as urgent but still means they expect copies to sell eventually.
xD
How about a temporary truce since I want Magu chan to survive.
So magu chan and roboco can be the iconic comedy duo who survives. When the time comes, Magu chan will destroy Roboco but that's a topic for another day
If most of the magazine is doing decent, I can’t see them going an entire year where we get nearly no new series. I’d imagine we’d still get at least 10 new series for the year. So I’d imagine we’d start getting axes on the lower decent sellers.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.