So we can assume that the day Spy x Family will receive it's anime adaptation it might become the #2 of all active WSJ mangas after One Piece?
Not that it really needs an anime right, like it's currently the 2nd best seller even without one? I think Spy x Family might be one of those series that doesn't get a big boost from an anime, like a reverse-Kimetsu if you will haha.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
As for Naruto being "unique" I don't want to debate either of you guys, especially when Naruto pretty much copied Hunter x Hunter plenty of times in its first couple of years, so yeah I don't think Naruto is that unique (what story can be now a days? Beside a few obvious ones like Death Note).
I do think there's an overarching plot device used throughout the whole story where a team of 3 people have a "bad apple" in them... I really, really didn't like how Kishimoto used this trope, like he was set on making the whole premise of the story about "destiny" and how x character was the teacher of x character whose in turn was teacher of x character.. Like everything
had to be connected..
Also the
heavy use of flashbacks mid battle, and I know that other manga like One Piece also have flashbacks but no nearly as much, Naruto has like a flashback per fight, heck there are two flashbacks just in the first chapter alone.
I don't know if Yowamushi Pedal's mangaka was a Naruto fan or whatever but Yowamushi reminds me of Naruto a lot because every race has a flashback haha.
Aestethic wise Naruto running is a thing haha,
but yeah Naruto definetly didn't invent this (Not suggesting Saint Seiya did, although if you want to know about some of Saint Seiya/Kurumada tropes aestethic wise google Kurumada fall/車田落ち ).
Other thing I found disturbingly unique about Naruto was Kishimoto's obsession with eyes, and kekkei genkais that had different eye patterns, like that's pretty unique of Naruto haha.
I always thought like Kishimoto may had had like a eye fetish or something haha.
Again, not wanting to open/continue the debate, just wanted to post some thoughts on a few things I consider Naruto did that I don't think other manga did (at least not nearly as much as Naruto).
@Shinuki no Reborn from your profile I can see you are from Brazil and 28 so surely you have seen Saint Seiya, don't you think Bleach was kinda Saint Seiya with Shinigamis instead of saints? I always thought of it like that, not like it's bad, just that it was pretty obvious Kubo was a huge Saint Seiya fan (Which he later confirmed in an interview).