Discussion Urek&Garam/ Bam & Androssi

Brian Taboada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
798
Reaction score
578
Country
United States
I'm not sure where you guys are getting how Androssi likes Bamm at all. This whole time she's either been using him or following him for the same reason why Khun follows Bamm, because something "interesting will happen"
I disagree. She liked him from the very beginning. At first, she paid little attention to him and was all princess high and mighty. However, as everyone seemed to gravitate to him, she became more interested perhaps even jealous. Baam is an enigma to her. He is everything she wishes she was. She hates Rachel who she cant understand why Baam likes her. She asked Baam out on a date. She also is like 9 crazy every time Baam is around. Now we see her even questioning her desire to become a princess and even Garam noticed that Androssi has feelings for Baam.

Androssi is the cool girl who wont admit her desire for Baam because he has shown only platonic feelings toward her. Perhaps this explains her level 9 craziness around him. Androssi is waiting for Baam to enter her port and jump on her ship. Sadly, I dont think this will end well for Andorsi as she cements her status as the wingman bridesmaid.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I'm not sure where you guys are getting how Androssi likes Bamm at all. This whole time she's either been using him or following him for the same reason why Khun follows Bamm, because something "interesting will happen"
'LIke' here can be used very sparsely. Androssi seems to be attached to Bam, one can take it to show that she is using him or following him because she is attracted to what he does rather than him personally. Though i think she is attracted as in likes Bam. If it's a normal crush or something deeper is what I have no idea as of yet. Bam, on the other hand, has no special attraction towards Androssi rather he just enjoys her company as a good friend. Bam still has not grown out of the bipolar mother complex he has regarding Rachel.
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure where you guys are getting how Androssi likes Bamm at all. This whole time she's either been using him or following him for the same reason why Khun follows Bamm, because something "interesting will happen"
She's been pretty open about liking Baam ever since he stepped in front of that ignition weapon for her way back in season 1 and all the friendship list stuff.

Then when she came into season 2 she spent most of her time talking about the date she promised him (which is expressly forbideen due to her being a princess).

Then she went on that date with him and reaffirmed her feelings during the dinner part.

Then she admitted to Rachel, out loud, that's she was jealous of her.

Then she went to talk to Garam specifically to see what it's like for somebody on the run from the Zahard Empire. Toward the end of which Garam even asked her a question specifically about her loving Baam.

--------------------------------------------------------

Yuri was the one that started following Baam because she thought something "interesting" will happen. Androssi was romantically motivated since near the end of season 1. So, yeah, I don't think there is much room for doubt how Androssi feels about Baam at this point.:^_^

How Baam feels about Androssi though, that's something else entirely. I don't think Baam has mentally hit puberty yet. She's a friend but I don't even think he understands the base concept of something more than that.:amuse
 
Last edited:

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
She's been pretty open about liking Baam ever since he stepped in front of that ignition weapon for her way back in season 1 and all the friendship list stuff.

Then when she came into season 2 she spent most of her time talking about the date she promised him (which is expressly forbideen due to her being a princess).

Then she went on that date with him and reaffirmed her feelings during the dinner part.

Then she admitted to Rachel, out loud, that's she was jealous of her.

Then she went to talk to Garam specifically to see what it's like for somebody on the run from the Zahard Empire. Toward the end of which Garam even asked her a question specifically about her loving Baam.

--------------------------------------------------------

Yuri was the one that started following Baam because she thought something "interesting" will happen. Androssi was romantically motivated since near the end of season 1. So, yeah, I don't think there is much room for doubt how Androssi feels about Baam at this point.:^_^

How Baam feels about Androssi though, that's something else entirely. I don't think Baam has mentally hit puberty yet. She's a friend but I don't even think he understands the base concept of something more than that.:amuse
Can you blame him? The dude was “born” in a cave and it doesn’t help that one of his primary traits is innocence. And I totally agree that Androssi has been romantically drawn to Bam, and I have to say it’s been expertly done. It’s subtle, not some overt swooning, and is more realistic IMO, which is yet another reason why Bam has no clue.

As SIU typically does, he slowly builds a thread over time. Sometimes that makes the initial read through frustrating, but I’ve never been disappointed during a re-read. For sure the signs of this ship are everywhere (just like T-Obit-o) and some people are just in denial. :hip
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Come on, androsi has been calling bam her "boyfriend" since... the workshop arc at least. And even took him on a date. Bam is relatively asexual at this point in the story (I hope he hits puberty soon though) but androsi's attraction to him has been evident for a while.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Androssi even kissed Baam.

Obviously she is romantically attracted towards Baam.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can you blame him? The dude was “born” in a cave and it doesn’t help that one of his primary traits is innocence. And I totally agree that Androssi has been romantically drawn to Bam, and I have to say it’s been expertly done. It’s subtle, not some overt swooning, and is more realistic IMO, which is yet another reason why Bam has no clue.
I don't blame him at all. I think it's just part of whole "innocent" package that Baam started with. The slow maturation of the character is, I think, a great part about him. It took a long time before we even saw something as simple as anger from him. Much the same way, I think we will see love eventually. We're just not quite there yet.

Though, honestly, I think we're still quite a ways from Baam dealing with those kind of feelings. For plot reasons more than anything else. Mainly because I think SIU is enjoying playing around with the idea of a lot of different girls developing feelings for Baam. And that's a lot easier to do, without things turning weird, while Baam is unattached.

One of my fears is that he'll awaken those kinds of feelings in Baam by having Androssi die and then having him realize he loved her. That's a classic tearjerker move.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't blame him at all. I think it's just part of whole "innocent" package that Baam started with. The slow maturation of the character is, I think, a great part about him. It took a long time before we even saw something as simple as anger from him. Much the same way, I think we will see love eventually. We're just not quite there yet.

Though, honestly, I think we're still quite a ways from Baam dealing with those kind of feelings. For plot reasons more than anything else. Mainly because I think SIU is enjoying playing around with the idea of a lot of different girls developing feelings for Baam. And that's a lot easier to do, without things turning weird, while Baam is unattached.

One of my fears is that he'll awaken those kinds of feelings in Baam by having Androssi die and then having him realize he loved her. That's a classic tearjerker move.
I really hope not. I get that those moments create tension but when Spiderman couldn’t save Gwen in Amazing Spiderman 2 (yes I know that was in the comics) I just hated that moment.

Most likely he will figure it out when her life is in peril although SIU is great at creating dramatic moments between battles so there’s a lot of potential there.

If I really had to bet Androssi gets upset for thinking her love is unrequited (Bam already kinda snubbed her on the Name Hunt, although he did save her in the end), and she says “peace out” for a while. She’s pretty impatient and will get tired of waiting around... wait I’m writing the script for a RomCom here... must stop.... must.... stop....
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really hope not. I get that those moments create tension but when Spiderman couldn’t save Gwen in Amazing Spiderman 2 (yes I know that was in the comics) I just hated that moment.

Most likely he will figure it out when her life is in peril although SIU is great at creating dramatic moments between battles so there’s a lot of potential there.

If I really had to bet Androssi gets upset for thinking her love is unrequited (Bam already kinda snubbed her on the Name Hunt, although he did save her in the end), and she says “peace out” for a while. She’s pretty impatient and will get tired of waiting around... wait I’m writing the script for a RomCom here... must stop.... must.... stop....
I fully agree. I believe doing that would be a mistake simply because Androssi is not replaceable.

In my opinion, I think there are list of characters in any story that are the pillars upon which the quality of the series rests. With ToG I see that as Baam, Koon, Rak, Androssi, Yuri, and Rachel. And any short term benefits to a "surprise" death of any of them are far outweighed by the long term consequences of not having that character around.

That being said, it's something I could totally imagine happening for Androssi. It makes me uneasy.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't blame him at all. I think it's just part of whole "innocent" package that Baam started with. The slow maturation of the character is, I think, a great part about him. It took a long time before we even saw something as simple as anger from him. Much the same way, I think we will see love eventually. We're just not quite there yet.

Though, honestly, I think we're still quite a ways from Baam dealing with those kind of feelings. For plot reasons more than anything else. Mainly because I think SIU is enjoying playing around with the idea of a lot of different girls developing feelings for Baam. And that's a lot easier to do, without things turning weird, while Baam is unattached.

One of my fears is that he'll awaken those kinds of feelings in Baam by having Androssi die and then having him realize he loved her. That's a classic tearjerker move.
Can you imagine when he reaches puberty? Us readers will be so proud.
 

DyingBreed

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
15
Country
Peru
garam is just bitter to have kill his sister, also be a disposable pawn, in the scam of princess battle royale waifu to sugar daddy zahard. Also probabñy zahard the tyrant is the lynchpin of some order and civilinazation in some way to a chaotic and more savage natural tower before.
 

Anzeer

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 14, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Age
23
Country
Mauritius
Siu already said main heroine that bam will fell for hasn't been shown. idk why People hope for BamxAndorssi bamxYuri etc... Bam will break alot of hearts before main heroine show up.
Siu said that in part 1 before bam arrive at the 2nd floors so androssi can be the love interest
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

1.When he talked about the heroine, he never said she would be the love interest.
2.Androssi had not appeared yet.
3.Baam having a love interest is not even necessary.
Siu said in one of his blog post
the heroine = love interest
so we can assume she will be bam love interest
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Mainly because I think SIU is enjoying playing around with the idea of a lot of different girls developing feelings for Baam.

Siu once said bam will make many woman fall in love with him and then break their heart 😏
 

Brian Taboada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
798
Reaction score
578
Country
United States
You keep saying Garam is a reformist and wants to change the tower but maybe that is not really it. Maybe she is just pissed about being lied to and used. Recall she met Enne and found Arlene's pocket and the secrets she learned. I believe she originally had feelings for Urek but she dug her own hole and Urek refused to help her out of it. Once again, betrayed. I think her animosity has tempered due to time but she would be happy to see Jahad removed from the thrown and gain her freedom.

Androssi is nothing like that. She may have been tricked but was never really betrayed. The end result though is similar without the strong distaste for Jahad. She too wants her freedom to do as she pleases. It is obvious she has feelings for Baam, and probably would love for them to be returned by Baam. However, as it stands, she would do anything for Baam knowing full well that he would do the same for her safety.

Yuri is more complicated. As the series progresses, she and Mascheney seem more like the two sides of the same coin. Each doing as they please and looking for a battle. However, where Yuri looks to be on the right side of helping others, Mashcheny is looking to find herself in the history books.

No girl has caught Baams eye yet. Baam holds his friendship dear to himself but that is not love. I still think Baams love interest has yet to appear or at a minimum, to develop.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
The core issue remains that bam has yet to hit puberty. He doesn't exhibit sexual attractions towards anything or anyone. Has he ever even blushed? At the moment a girl could come on to bam full force panties out the window and bam would be just confused at the waste of a perfectly good underwear.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,718
Reaction score
61,439
Gender
Male
Country
France
The core issue remains that bam has yet to hit puberty. He doesn't exhibit sexual attractions towards anything or anyone. Has he ever even blushed? At the moment a girl could come on to bam full force panties out the window and bam would be just confused at the waste of a perfectly good underwear.
I think Baam has "platonic love" for Rachel and that he will never get into a relationship with anyone as long as he doesn't start to fully see her as an enemy, like some kind of seal. Or he could end up with her of course.

You keep saying Garam is a reformist and wants to change the tower but maybe that is not really it. Maybe she is just pissed about being lied to and used. Recall she met Enne and found Arlene's pocket and the secrets she learned. I believe she originally had feelings for Urek but she dug her own hole and Urek refused to help her out of it. Once again, betrayed. I think her animosity has tempered due to time but she would be happy to see Jahad removed from the thrown and gain her freedom.

Androssi is nothing like that. She may have been tricked but was never really betrayed. The end result though is similar without the strong distaste for Jahad. She too wants her freedom to do as she pleases. It is obvious she has feelings for Baam, and probably would love for them to be returned by Baam. However, as it stands, she would do anything for Baam knowing full well that he would do the same for her safety.

Yuri is more complicated. As the series progresses, she and Mascheney seem more like the two sides of the same coin. Each doing as they please and looking for a battle. However, where Yuri looks to be on the right side of helping others, Mashcheny is looking to find herself in the history books.

No girl has caught Baams eye yet. Baam holds his friendship dear to himself but that is not love. I still think Baams love interest has yet to appear or at a minimum, to develop.
Garam wants revenge more than anything I believe, not exactly change the Tower. But that's necessary for Zahard's death. Her sister, her idol along with many others suffered because of that competition. Honestly she having feelings for Urek back then is still something I find unlikely, but how could she have made a blunder back then? Urek confessed, she just had to accept. If anything, she was the manipulative one because she wanted him to use his strength to kill Zahard.

The big difference between Urek-Garam and Baam-Androssi is that for the latter, the Princess is the one who has feelings for the Irregular. Princesses are important but of course Irregulars are the ones who can truly change the state of things. Androssi knows that she can trust Baam but the biggest issue for her is that she is not his "N.1". In the Name Hunt arc, he refused her request at first but found a way to solve things later. Then we have the next arcs where he was far too tolerant towards Rachel.

Yuri is a nice person but I think your opinion of her is far too positive. She wants change more than anything, not justice. She is bored. Yuri herself is a troublemaker. Maschenny wants to ignite the sparks of war because she loves battles but Yuri just wants to be entertained. I don't believe that she would be particularly thrilled by wars. She is more like Urek.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Baam has "platonic love" for Rachel and that he will never get into a relationship with anyone as long as he doesn't start to fully see her as an enemy, like some kind of seal. Or he could end up with her of course.



Garam wants revenge more than anything I believe, not exactly change the Tower. But that's necessary for Zahard's death. Her sister, her idol along with many others suffered because of that competition. Honestly she having feelings for Urek back then is still something I find unlikely, but how could she have made a blunder back then? Urek confessed, she just had to accept. If anything, she was the manipulative one because she wanted him to use his strength to kill Zahard.

The big difference between Urek-Garam and Baam-Androssi is that for the latter, the Princess is the one who has feelings for the Irregular. Princesses are important but of course Irregulars are the ones who can truly change the state of things. Androssi knows that she can trust Baam but the biggest issue for her is that she is not his "N.1". In the Name Hunt arc, he refused her request at first but found a way to solve things later. Then we have the next arcs where he was far too tolerant towards Rachel.

Yuri is a nice person but I think your opinion of her is far too positive. She wants change more than anything, not justice. She is bored. Yuri herself is a troublemaker. Maschenny wants to ignite the sparks of war because she loves battles but Yuri just wants to be entertained. I don't believe that she would be particularly thrilled by wars. She is more like Urek.
I don't really agree with that.

I actually think there is a more fundamental problem with Baam's relationships in general right now. And I don't really think Rachel is responsible for that or a barrier to progress. If anything it's more his strangely narrow focus of attention. In a strange way, he doesn't seem to accept others as equals and value them as I think he should. He doesn't seem to show the interest in them that you'd expect. Whether that be Koon, Rak, Wangan, or Androssi. He gets strangely fixated on things like with Rachel or Jinsung or that weird concept of godhood.

I'm not even sure quite how to say it. Self absorbed maybe? Single minded? And I sort of wonder if him eventually finding out what happened to Arkraptor and Prince will awaken him to realization that maybe he needs to pay a little more attention those around him before he loses them in pursuit of whatever his next obsession is.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Bam does have a "I WILL SACRIFICE HORDES OF MY LOVED ONES TO SAVE THAT ONE LOVED ONE" attitude at times but that is kinda standard shonen behavior in a way. I think what makes this play out weirder than in other series is mainly that the difference between bam's friends and even the weakest possible enemies he can run into at this point is absurd. As in, if aguero runs into a run of the mill high rankers its pretty much game over for him. He could troll him or trick him but barring that type of shenanigans it's just certain death. In the context of the arc there is also the fact that bam is trying to rescue jinsung. Jinsung clearly has not been an enemy for a long while but overall to us readers he just doesn't seem as valuable to bam as are his other friends.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bam does have a "I WILL SACRIFICE HORDES OF MY LOVED ONES TO SAVE THAT ONE LOVED ONE" attitude at times but that is kinda standard shonen behavior in a way. I think what makes this play out weirder than in other series is mainly that the difference between bam's friends and even the weakest possible enemies he can run into at this point is absurd. As in, if aguero runs into a run of the mill high rankers its pretty much game over for him. He could troll him or trick him but barring that type of shenanigans it's just certain death. In the context of the arc there is also the fact that bam is trying to rescue jinsung. Jinsung clearly has not been an enemy for a long while but overall to us readers he just doesn't seem as valuable to bam as are his other friends.
That and how he's, and I can't really figure out how to say this without sounding harsh, ungrateful to them all. Like maybe we're supposed to take his gratitude as implied but they have put thier lives on the line for him and what he wants so many times. But Baam is never really shown worrying about asking too much of them or considering the risks they're taking for him.

It comes across weird to me.

And I think Androssi gets wrapped up in that. She thinks about his situation a lot. But when's the last time he spared a thought for hers? Or Leesoo or Rak or even Koon, It's just not something that he does right now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To boil it down. I think there are a lot of characters that have been very good friends to Baam. And he's been a very poor friend to them in return.

Until that distorted aspect of him is fixed a bit. Deeper relationships are going to be nearly impossible.
 
Top