by desin, panda and evil
Last edited:
I don't think investigatives are even worth the risk either, sorry.I'll have to agree with Hardy as well.
Those mechanics are scum favoured early game no matter how you look at them. I think it's safe to assume that they have 5 players on their mafia team and maybe there's a third party somewhere. Knowing that, I highly doubt that more than 3 players on that mafia team have night actions and perhaps one of them only has a one use night action ability like Strongman. The hosts probably balanced the mechanics that way by not allowing them to have too many night actions.
So when it comes to night actions, there will be around 3-4 (night kill, night kill/action, detective, other active role)*** actions allocated to mafia and TP while the rest is ours. So day 1, I think we should only prioritize the spy and the detective (assuming there's only 1 detective and scums have 4 actions). The spy is a deadly role with these mechanics so it's a must use one. Bodyguard and Doctors are basically gambles early game, so I don't believe we should use them until we have a clearer picture of the roles. So I believe at least one investigative role (2 if we feel lucky) should be used by town tonight as I don't think we will reach 7 night actions that way.
Or we can just all agree, as townies, not to use any role tonight and see what ability we get the next day
*** just my thoughts
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's alphabetical order so you just got lucky for having a name in the middle I guess.Are you jelly I’ve got the hot avy or something
(thanks for making me hot though hosts)
Then there's absolutely no point in playing this game. Might as well just call it quit and end this game nowI don't think investigatives are even worth the risk either, sorry.
Why? If I host a game with 15 plain townies and 5 plain mafias is it game over for town?Then there's absolutely no point in playing this game. Might as well just call it quit and end this game now
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
1/14~ chance of saving someone, amazingDocs have accidentally saved kills plenty of times, wouldn‘t say they should not use.
Imo mafia has no idea who will use or how many, they can‘t plan shit for first few phases so I think not using any of our roles is overkill. That‘s assuming we have Dets and Docs though, if we‘re all Hiders or something less useful then meh.
Yes, we'll mislynch until we lose, that's how it worksWhy? If I host a game with 15 plain townies and 5 plain mafias is it game over for town?
I mean, a pure vanilla game has no Dets. They‘re not instrumental to playing Mg, no roles are. My problem is that mafia will prolly have some roles they can use if we have good roles, so us playing vanilla while they aren‘t is already putting the game in their favor even without the mechanic ever mattering.Then there's absolutely no point in playing this game. Might as well just call it quit and end this game now
i didnt dismiss anything Hardy, i just found it funny somehow the way you said it, i do agree partly with you, i feel mechanics looks pro mafia , or at least how i read them.Votekill @Erinyes btw. A single post just to immediately dismiss what I think is the best course, while barely interacting with me in any sort of other way, is alerting me.

hence why I believe at least one investigative role should be used tonight. Those hosts are experienced. They must have balanced the mechanics by restricting the number of active roles on the mafia side. Even if 4 of them have active roles, I think at least one will have a restricted use such as strongman or mafia defuser. I'm 100% willing to risk one of us using their investigative role tonight and even maybe 2My problem is that mafia will prolly have some roles they can use if we have good roles, so us playing vanilla while they aren‘t is already putting the game in their favor even without the mechanic ever mattering.
That's not how the game works LOL. You read odd behaviours and evaluate people's votes. We have a 1vs3~ number advantage for a reason. Unless you think everyone in here is a stupid idiot that can't adapt and play without roles.Yes, we'll mislynch until we lose
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's a waste as we won't know sanities and cannot coordinate that without getting yourself killed anywayhence why I believe at least one investigative role should be used tonight. Those hosts are experienced. They must have balanced the mechanics by restricting the number of active roles on the mafia side. Even if 4 of them have active roles, I think at least one will have a restricted use such as strongman or mafia defuser. I'm 100% willing to risk one of us using their investigative role tonight and maybe 2 even.
Sanity won't matter on a spy, and the detective would get a result which is already better than nothing. Nothing is a waste, we're giving 1-2 free slots by the hosts and you're not even willing to use them.It's a waste as we won't know sanities and cannot coordinate that without getting yourself killed anyway
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah I'm not, needless high risk for low chance reward.Sanity won't matter on a spy, and the detective would get a result which is already better than nothing. Nothing is a waste, we're giving 1-2 free slots by the hosts and you're not even willing to use them.
Did you break the no edit rules just to add a stupid emote btw lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Implying you are townwhy would you incriminate me like that if you're a fellow townie
You don't say anything until you feel confident enough.How do you even coordinate that btw?
Let's say I'm spy, I say here I'm the one to act tonight.
Tonight I'm fucking dead obviously, then.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There's potentially no hope. Let's say mafia has the 5 I mentioned. They could also have a disease or hot potato in their hands. Then there's the possible shapeshifter that bumps it to 7.You don't say anything until you feel confident enough.
Hopefully, people will read the discussion so far and notice that it would be dumb to use any role other than investigative ones early game.
My point is that yes, these mechanics nerf town a lot, but there's still a small ray of hope for us and we should make use of it.
There's absolutely no way mafia has 5 night roles let alone 5 night roles with unlimited uses. They were 3 hosts on this, they must have balanced these mechanics somehow and that somehow must have been the scum roles.There's potentially no hope. Let's say mafia has the 5 I mentioned. They could also have a disease or hot potato in their hands. Then there's the possible shapeshifter that bumps it to 7.
We are basically playing Poker showing them our hand and fully relying on getting lucky, it's on them to fold or go all in. The chances are on their favour, so I rather just not play their game then.
I mean, quick numbers:There's absolutely no way mafia has 5 night roles let alone 5 night roles with unlimited uses. They were 3 hosts on this, they must have balanced these mechanics somehow and that somehow must have been the scum roles.
I respect your opinion though, better safe than sorry is you're way of thinking, but I'm confident scums alone won't reach 6 actions tonight and that we have at least one free spot to make a move. That's just what I think. I'm passive anyway so It's all up to you active roles to decide what's best, but If I was spy, I wouldn't think twice and go for it.