by desin, panda and evil
Last edited:
Questions:I would honestly only think a Spy is worth using, as ANY result he would get would incriminate their target (as that person didn't follow the status quo, indicating they didn't want to cooperate with the plans of town) but the fact that I see the Hot Potato as a strong possibility on top of a disease makes me feel insecure.
Thought about it and no, imo we should do whatever as usual. Should be very unlikely to end up on 7 actions which penalizes us, depends on roles we have and everything. This mechanic will be better to make use of in a couple phases rather than right away.So nephew...
The first 3 nights we shouldn't act?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Idk bud....yall let me know when yall figure it out.Thought about it and no, imo we should do whatever as usual. Should be very unlikely to end up on 7 actions which penalizes us, depends on roles we have and everything. This mechanic will be better to make use of in a couple phases rather than right away.
I'm the towniest I swear it on the honor of @Farfalla senpai and the SNK thread.Thought about it and no, imo we should do whatever as usual. Should be very unlikely to end up on 7 actions which penalizes us, depends on roles we have and everything. This mechanic will be better to make use of in a couple phases rather than right away.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Shad are you townie this time?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why, to pass it on to the scummates at night?Idk bud....yall let me know when yall figure it out.

Yeah everyone fan talk.Questions:
- Can the person that has Hot potatoe/disease tell us? Assuming he is not Mafia, I see in the rules it says Unassigned.
- For NVD, we can figure if it is in the game today no, if somebody doesn't vote?
8-9 is fucking awful for town man, what the hell.Thought about it and no, imo we should do whatever as usual. Should be very unlikely to end up on 7 actions which penalizes us, depends on roles we have and everything. This mechanic will be better to make use of in a couple phases rather than right away.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Shad are you townie this time?
Nah everything between 5 and 9 imo sucks for us, game can go out of control pretty easily. Just don‘t think no roles doing anything is the solution. If majority goes with that idea then I won‘t complain though.I'm the towniest I swear it on the honor of @Farfalla senpai and the SNK thread.
I'm getting that you are also townie from this post, I just need to know if we are only afraid of 7, are we sure the other phases are ok for town?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Where did I say it wasn‘t? I just don‘t think we only have 8-9 roles in total among all town + mafia for it to perfectly fall on that. Not sure why you assume such numbers, nowadays everyone‘s an active role.Yeah everyone fan talk.
We should be notified actually.
8-9 is fucking awful for town man, what the hell.
How? Do they have a spy or such to investigate our spy? There's no way the spy will come out and say ''I targetted someone last night, but I'm not mafia''. The only thing mafia will be able to calculate is that there was a town member (probably spy) that used his action last night. They can't do much about it.Also see Gaj's point but tbh, the plan of telling select roles only to use their actions imo, only increases the chances of mafia actually calculating right. Aren't you considering that @Gajeel ? To add, if town isn't using roles for starters, a few important mafia roles lose some relevance (escort, boss for example)
The odds of doctor and prostitute being useful early are really low and you might get a town killed in the process too...Doctors can protect active claimers or whoever they see dying early, prostitutes block suspects, Dets investigate per usual. If we have the staple roles + other minor active roles then we don‘t have to worry about having a specific # of actions until some of us die.
My opinion, think Hardy‘s idea is too extreme and requires us to assume too many things.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why, to pass it on to the scummates at night?![]()
--- Double Post Merged, ---
YeahI have a question.
If a Doctor uses his night action to protect someone but said person isn't attacked at all, does it still count as a "successful" action?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Yeah let's give them a free cycleLike we don‘t know if it‘s 1 mafia + tp, or 2 mafia teams, whether they have many active roles or few, whether we have many active roles or few etc. So don‘t think much can be planned now unless we all reveal whether we are active/passive and can then tell if numbers-wise important roles can act.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Anything that wasn‘t blocked or PMed should count as a successful action.I have a question.
If a Doctor uses his night action to protect someone but said person isn't attacked at all, does it still count as a "successful" action?
Read you wrong because you specified landing on 7.Nah everything between 5 and 9 imo sucks for us, game can go out of control pretty easily. Just don‘t think no roles doing anything is the solution. If majority goes with that idea then I won‘t complain though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Where did I say it wasn‘t? I just don‘t think we only have 8-9 roles in total among all town + mafia for it to perfectly fall on that. Not sure why you assume such numbers, nowadays everyone‘s an active role.
Happens plenty enough times though.The odds of doctor and prostitute being useful early are really low and you might get a town killed in the process too...
Isn‘t your suggestion giving them a free cycle where they don‘t have to worry about any actions from town?Yeah let's give them a free c
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Nah, the 10+ can also just be a byproduct of a 8-9 phase, where the actions would skyrocket. So we could have barely 8-9 in total I guess, but 1 lynch and it could be made null so I don‘t think it‘s like that.Read you wrong because you specified landing on 7.
Obviously we don't as there is a chance we can get to 10+
It's not a free cycle though? We won't have negative mechanic effects this way.Happens plenty enough times though.
Isn‘t your suggestion giving them a free cycle where they don‘t have to worry about any actions from town?
Really weird how you see no issues with your idea.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hardy:
Dets? They won‘t know their sanity anyway, don‘t use.
Docs? They won‘t protect anyone correctly til N8 anyway, don‘t use.
![]()
Yes. Does anyone ever answer no to this?@Moegara are you town?
Idk, depends really on our setup. What would you do as a host, how many active roles would you have that, if everyone used their action, which state would be active D2?Had a bunch of passive claims and I'm betting some townie roles are circumstancial too.
It's not a free cycle though? We won't have negative mechanic effects this way.
Basically, yeah. There's a big cost in using those abiltiies so it better be worth it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It‘s in how you give the yes, not what answer you give.Yes. Does anyone ever answer no to this?