And I was right on the money. It was pretty obvious Oda wouldn't be able to release the 1000th chapter in 2020, that sudden two week really messed his schedule up.
Did Jump even learned its lesson with Kimetsu no Yaiba's first prints? I really hope they got some decent first print for the final volume at least.
Also, their faces look pretty weird lol.
most of the time spinoff drawn by a different artists doesn't sell nearly as the original title, a la: Vigilante, Soma: L'étoile, Kuroko's Basket Replace
even official sequel like Boruto, DBS, YGO don't sell as much
so I understand why they're not printing as much
& how much Bozebeats sell anyway?
Honestly, I think there's zero chance of One Piece ending in just 5 years at its current rate of progress, considering that 30-36 chapters per year is only 150-180 after 5 years. Even if the next major arc ends up being the final arc, that many chapters will probably only take us halfway through it at best considering we've still got a bunch of Wano to get through.
I don't think WSJ will need to worry about filling the hole left by One Piece until we're almost at 2030.
basically this
Oda will do the same structure he have been doing for every arc since the time skip
>group arrive at island
>divide the group
>introduce plot/conflict
>introduce a lot of new characters
>everyone just running around for months without anything happening
>introduce even more subplots/mini conflicts
>introduce even more new characters
>2 years of chapters with nothing happening
>1 vs 1 battle, eliminating everyone
>Luffy vs big boss
>celebration
if that's what he do for stretching a small story to last a couple of years imagine what will he do for the last arc, it might last a decade