- Joined
- May 20, 2018
- Messages
- 1,745
- Reaction score
- 5,149
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I think it was foreshadowed since Season 1 that Baam's potential was too great to climb up the Tower with the rest of the Regulars and now (actually since the end of the Hidden Floor arc) we're finally starting to see why. The difference between them and him is just massive and odds are that it's going to keep getting bigger and bigger because Baam's growth rate far eclipses that of any Regular. For story purposes, Baam might be close to or comparable to Zahard once he reaches the 134th Floor. From what we know of his other companions, I think they'll be very lucky if they have reached the level of the weakest Ranker on existence by that point.
It saddens me because a lot of those Regular companions are among my favourite characters but from a writing standpoint it doesn't make much sense for them to continue the climb with Baam. It's like a bunch of ants accompanying a baby Tiger, no offence to the rest of the characters ofc. It's not that they lack talent (actually a lot of them are extremely talented in more ways than one for Regular standards), it's just that Baam is an Irregular and Irregulars are built differently. It's highly likely that after this war Baam will be targeted more than ever by Zahard's minions. They're bound to get in the way at some point.
I wonder how SIU is going to handle it. Baam continuing the climb on his own with the help of other more powerful organisations like FUG or Wolhaiksong makes sense to me, but I fear a lot of very important characters are going to be cast aside for a lot of time or they'll have some of their development butchered. I hope it doesn't happen. Frankly speaking, it will be hard for SIU to give a fair treatment to every single character. Who knows, maybe he'll even find a reasonable way for the rest of the Regulars to keep climbing with Baam, even though I highly doubt it.
Also, nice to see you here @hblock I think we already discussed something a long time ago regarding Yuri and Karaka here but most of our debates are in NF. What's with that signature avatar? That has to be one the creepiest ToG Fanarts I've ever seen and I've seen a lot
It saddens me because a lot of those Regular companions are among my favourite characters but from a writing standpoint it doesn't make much sense for them to continue the climb with Baam. It's like a bunch of ants accompanying a baby Tiger, no offence to the rest of the characters ofc. It's not that they lack talent (actually a lot of them are extremely talented in more ways than one for Regular standards), it's just that Baam is an Irregular and Irregulars are built differently. It's highly likely that after this war Baam will be targeted more than ever by Zahard's minions. They're bound to get in the way at some point.
I wonder how SIU is going to handle it. Baam continuing the climb on his own with the help of other more powerful organisations like FUG or Wolhaiksong makes sense to me, but I fear a lot of very important characters are going to be cast aside for a lot of time or they'll have some of their development butchered. I hope it doesn't happen. Frankly speaking, it will be hard for SIU to give a fair treatment to every single character. Who knows, maybe he'll even find a reasonable way for the rest of the Regulars to keep climbing with Baam, even though I highly doubt it.
Also, nice to see you here @hblock I think we already discussed something a long time ago regarding Yuri and Karaka here but most of our debates are in NF. What's with that signature avatar? That has to be one the creepiest ToG Fanarts I've ever seen and I've seen a lot

