Shounen Undead Unluck

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,669
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
Thanks. It's been mentioned but I don't think we have seen anyone other than Juiz show that they have more authority than the others.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Hermit Gotta update your post :lmao.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
@Hermit Gotta update your post :lmao.
I have to reread the past few chapters, there has been so much information LOL. :XD
Also we don't know if Unseen is dead yet, so I won't place him under deceased for now :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So, Undead Unluck Volume 1 was one of the best selling volumes for 2020:
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
DAbbit! (Damn it) That backstory for Anno Un! *Sobs* I didn't like him nor care, but, but! Zohb. (Sob) It's too good! How dis not number 1 bestseller?

*Gasps in horror* You... you don't think it's Akira's doing? Do you???

This was an excellent two chapters. I missed reading 47 and so got 48 alongside it. Excellent. Absolutely excellent. The way Anno changed the future might not make sense due to timetravell not making sense, but wow, was that not an emotionally driven moment.

This is why time travel is excused as a mechanic of fiction, to give us that moment of sudden thrill and joy at changing something that seems impossible, for the better. Interestingly, it fails as a trope entirely if the result is bad. But here it gives us a startlingly emotional moment. I hope others enjoyed these last two chapters as much as ol' Teach. If only we could have changed some of the things that ended up waiting for us in our futures... here, Akira did it.

I love these backstories and I hope we get them all. Akira was there all the time, but nobody could see him. That moment he passes through his mother... oh, the heart.

Looks like the battle against Autumn comes soon. I wonder what will follow? It appears Anno is going to do soon.

Also, he appears to have managed to become noticable if he takes an alias. Just so... so cruel. He could live and even be noticed.

But not by the one who needs to notice him most. *Cries*
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
This is really, really good story telling:


Then in the last chapter we had:

^ Look what Andy says in the bottom panel.
 
Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
This is really, really good story telling:

Then in the last chapter we had:

^ Look what Andy says in the bottom panel.
The first link is down (but it's still a good post(.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
The first link is down (but it's still a good post(.
Fixed, thanks for the heads up :nod
Tried copying directly from the cropping site instead of saving the image first :sweatdrop
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 49 leaks (Courtesy of Discord):








乙!

バニーはリップにバックスと呼ばれて嫌がる
語尾は「〜なのら!」
怒ってリップを呼ぶときは「んリィィップゥゥ!!」ってなる
過去のラトラは髪が長い

ラトラが来ると知って喜ぶバニー
「え!! ラトラねーたま来てるのら!?」
到着したオータムの攻撃は跳んだリップの首に耳を巻き付けて回避
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Fixed, thanks for the heads up :nod
Tried copying directly from the cropping site instead of saving the image first :sweatdrop
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 49 leaks (Courtesy of Discord):








乙!

バニーはリップにバックスと呼ばれて嫌がる
語尾は「〜なのら!」
怒ってリップを呼ぶときは「んリィィップゥゥ!!」ってなる
過去のラトラは髪が長い

ラトラが来ると知って喜ぶバニー
「え!! ラトラねーたま来てるのら!?」
到着したオータムの攻撃は跳んだリップの首に耳を巻き付けて回避
Looks like the chapter is all dialogue. Any clue about what they're saying?

I feel like they're too lenient with Rip. He's tried to kill our heroine twice already and this time he would have succeeded without Anno.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I feel like they're too lenient with Rip. He's tried to kill our heroine twice already and this time he would have succeeded without Anno.
He gets a lot of focus as an Under member, I noticed. It makes me wonder if the author intends on redeeming him eventually (Or having him quit Under)

There are no accurate translations out so far. It seems like its basically an Under vs Union vs UMA Autumn battle. Three way. Latla and the Bunny person also join in the fight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Translation (Again, credits to the translator):
-Sean Datz (Dats? Diaz??): Brazilian gang member who joined Under after Rip caught him using his abilities to rob and kill people
-By getting a third eye transplant, he got rid of the disadvantage of having to close both his eyelids
-Bunny, the guy wearing a bunny suit, attacks Fuuko, and Rip Andy
-Bunny steals Fuuko's gun, but her Unluck causes Bunny to fall through the ground
-Fuuko suggests to Rip that they try catching Autumn together
-Rip tells Fuuko that their boss (Billy) wants to kill God, Creed wants political power, Feng wants Artifacts, and he and Latla want the Ark
-"Our goals are different, but only by our interests overlapping are we able to work together. That is Under."
-Rip tells Fuuko he'll work with them as long as she and Andy give them information about the Ark
-Anno tells Rip that neither he nor Latla can board the Ark and, on the contrary, that it'd be best for him to stop now before he loses Latla too
-Latla recalls her and Rip crying in front of her younger sister's grave, him wishing he hadn't done the surgery, and her wishing she hadn't gone into fortune-telling
-Rip says "I could've saved her then, so I'll do it over again with the Ark. If it's for her sake, I'll risk everything."
-Latla chases after Autumn, who's being lured by a book
-Both factions scramble to take down Autumn
-Bunny hates being called "Bugs" by Rip
-Ends his sentences with "-nanora! (なのら)" (very childish sentence-ender, normal form "nanda (なんだ)")
-When he gets angry at Rip, he says "Nnnnriiiiiiiiiiiippuuuuu!!"
-Latla in the past had long hair
-Bunny's happy that Latla's coming and says "Oh!! Latla-nee-tama's coming-nora?!" (t/n: god that hurt to type out)
-Dodges autumn's attack by wrapping his ear around Rip's neck
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And chapter 49 is out
 

kakilangit

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
275
Reaction score
403
Age
34
Country
Indonesia
yooo, its been a long time since i post here.. hope i can follow weekly discussion (or just read it myself)

i already like BACK/bunny./ he is so cuuute, o my god,..
and my love for RIP and Latla keep skyrocket.. its so heartwrenching.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
A very good chapter. it seems like want it or not they will have to cooperate to win.
My theory about Latla and Rip (or well what I think is the full backstory we only had a glimpse of) : Latla has a prediction that her sister will have a cancer. Rip is a surgeon and says "let's operate her before the tumor become a full cancer". He opens her up.
Take the tumor out. Start sewing her close. But the wound never close. Her blood starts spilling out and no one can do anything to stop it. She dies. They both feel guilty.

However I find it odd that Rip would be willing to sacrifice Latla to save 'Leila'. And I don't think said 'Leila' would be glad about it.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Eventually, I wonder if Under will become an iconic villain group just like the Akatsuki, Espada, Phantom Troupe etc. Or maybe the series will have several villain groups across its lifespan :hmm
The bit where Rip says they all have different goals but come together kinda reminded me of this bit about the Akatsuki:
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Eventually, I wonder if Under will become an iconic villain group just like the Akatsuki, Espada, Phantom Troupe etc. Or maybe the series will have several villain groups across its lifespan :hmm
The bit where Rip says they all have different goals but come together kinda reminded me of this bit about the Akatsuki:
I love Billy and some of Under members are very charismatic, but sadly I don't believe Under can reach the status of those. :noworry Undead's story advances too fast, and a member of Under died before he was even properly introduced.

Those other villain groups like Akatsuki reached their status because the groups lasted for years and years, and it also took at least two or three years before the first Espada or Akatsuki was defeated after the group's introduction.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Those other villain groups like Akatsuki reached their status because the groups lasted for years and years, and it also took at least two or three years before the first Espada or Akatsuki was defeated after the group's introduction.
The years thing is true actually. Also, considering that this world is about to end, I wonder if the Under of the next world will have new members from the ones we have seen this loop :hmm

and a member of Under died before he was even properly introduced.
This is actually disappointing me :( The guy had an entire cliffhanger to him, I thought he'd be one of the members we get more exposition about later on.
Hopefully Unburn does not let me down :notrust
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
I'm sorry but... wouldn't unburn be kinda useless ? Even with all the creativity of the powers use, I fail to see how you can make not getting burn interesting.
Also Unseen was clearly a bad guy so honestly...whatever. We'll get another one.
However: They crafted him a whole new EYE in the FOREHEAD ???? I don't know who their resident doctor is he definitely negate either medecine or logic.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm sorry but... wouldn't unburn be kinda useless ? Even with all the creativity of the powers use, I fail to see how you can make not getting burn interesting.
Also Unseen was clearly a bad guy so honestly...whatever. We'll get another one.
However: They crafted him a whole new EYE in the FOREHEAD ???? I don't know who their resident doctor is he definitely negate either medecine or logic.
Given how free the author's interpretation of each power is, Unburn could have freezing powers.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
However: They crafted him a whole new EYE in the FOREHEAD ???? I don't know who their resident doctor is he definitely negate either medecine or logic.
I thought that was an artifact when I saw last chapter. Though now that I think about it that ability is rather complicated to use. He has to close his eyes to....not be seen :oh
Does that mean that even when he was a thief he'd walk around with both eyes closed? It feels a bit silly (Though nothing will top Chikara's :noworry)
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Regarding the forehead eye, I guess Under has its own wacky scientist like Union.
 
Top