Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just dont want Yozakura to set a new president where we have this tier of american non-cancelled digital only jump failures, will be platinum mad if Nine Dragons' Ball Parade is digital only, I'd like to have baseball join my Volleyball and Basketball manga bookshelf.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,436
Reaction score
3,616
Age
26
Country
United States
Back in the day Viz definitely dropped the ball with how late they did a simulpup but in terms of the volume releases it was quicker than a lot of manga.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
I just dont want Yozakura to set a new president where we have this tier of american non-cancelled digital only jump failures, will be platinum mad if Nine Dragons' Ball Parade is digital only, I'd like to have baseball join my Volleyball and Basketball manga bookshelf.
Personally, while it sucks for smaller series I prefer this method over having them go back to only licensing stuff they know will sell. It took us years to get stuff like Demon Slayer and Jujutsu and Act-age only came when when they switched to everything (while I'm sure Jujutsu would have been licensed eventually who knows with Act-age). We still have glaring omissions from other magazines like Young Jump having some growing series, Jump SQ with Kemono Jihen, etc so I think if they weren't doing this series that get this treatment would have just gone completely unlicensed.
 

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,217
Age
28
Country
Brazil
. Now this is something of note, do not know who the author is but am rather intrigued by this campaign.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
. Now this is something of note, do not know who the author is but am rather intrigued by this campaign.
the author is the Gotoge assistant that made the viking oneshot Gunjou no Batolo in WSJ and Raven oneshot and Han kyojuu no Taro oneshot in GIGA
also, this batch are for short oneshots it seems

with how so many people disliked Nine Dragons Ball Parade surprised its nearly 2nd in the poll.

AssClass writer isnt liked here I guess. Sad, should have went with something more traditional and contemporary.
Matsui chads are the silent majority, we have been here before
Takamagahara virgins laughed at us but we laughed on their grave
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
What is everyone’s prediction for end of year circulations for Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen?

Demon Slayer: I’m going with 200 million in print and it’s crazy that I think this is a lowball estimate. The staying power of this series sales has proven itself and to top it off season two is coming probably fall 2021 alongside the CC2 game.

Jujutsu Kaisen: 60 million in print would be my guess here, I mean it went from 20 to 30 million in a month. Also, we still have 5 eps left and the series shows no sign of slowing down. The interesting thing here is seeing how the backlog sales do once the anime concludes.

I’m not sure if I’m overselling JJK here but if there’s one thing to take away from Demon Slayer’s success, it would be to never assume that there’s going to be a cap on a breakaway hit.
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
We yozakura fans will feel happier than any other fanbase because we have been getting cucked since forever, so when anime and print get announced. It'll be sweeter than candy
Meanwhile, us Phantom Seer bros are just waiting to see if Nak and editorial even remember us. Just one color page is all we’re asking for at least. I’ll even take more gag manga serialization if that’s what it takes. Law of equivalent exchange over at Shueisha :emocat
 
Last edited:

Ike79

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Messages
120
Reaction score
372
Country
Spain
Today's vomic is Goodbye, stupid Mr. Kidnapper (Sayonara Manuke na Yuukaihan-san), a one-shot by Momose Nao (author of Popo) first published in WSJ #31, in 2019.
It's the second vomic in a row for this author. This might hint at a new series coming somewhere in the future. This same thing happened bith Yuto Suzuki's one-shots before Sakamoto Days.


Author twitter here: https://twitter.com/monono2739
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Today's vomic is Goodbye, stupid Mr. Kidnapper (Sayonara Manuke na Yuukaihan-san), a one-shot by Momose Nao (author of Popo) first published in WSJ #31, in 2019.
It's the second vomic in a row for this author. This might hint at a new series coming somewhere in the future. This same thing happened bith Yuto Suzuki's one-shots before Sakamoto Days.


Author twitter here: https://twitter.com/monono2739
Oooh, this is really nice! I actually hope Popo gets serialized, since I honestly liked it more than I did Red Hood. (Both are good though.)

Though I'm still waiting to see if this confirms anything. We still have no word on Blue Box despite it getting a vomic. Still waiting for it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
shame that March is packed with new volumes releases

with how strong Mashle backlog is and a new volume I can see it making it to oricon top 10 for series total in the week of release

but with new volumes for JJK, CSM, Kaijuu8, DQ releasing 3 volumes + Shibata prequel first volume

it's gonna be tough
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,291
Reaction score
7,318
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Is Magu-chan v3 in March too?

I want to see if it'll take the Mitama route of dropping every volume, be stagnant like Agravity Boys, or if it's managed to pick up a bit of popularity since v2.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Undead Unluck's TV feature showcased some editors and past works from them.

Honda: Gintama, Naruto, Assassination Classroom, Haikyu!!



Saito: Gintama, Kuroko no Basket, Hunter x Hunter, Nisekoi, World Trigger, We Never Learn



Takahashi: Black Clover (Media)

 

Ike79

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Messages
120
Reaction score
372
Country
Spain
Is Magu-chan v3 in March too?

I want to see if it'll take the Mitama route of dropping every volume, be stagnant like Agravity Boys, or if it's managed to pick up a bit of popularity since v2.
Yes it is. And so is OBO's last volume.

The most interesting thing is going to be Mashle, Ayakashi and Undead releasing a volume at the same time. Will Mashle grow past Ayakashi? Will Ayakashi grow at all, or maybe start declining? Will this week's cover and TV feature have an effect on Undead?
 

samama10

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2021
Messages
100
Reaction score
99
Age
25
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Undead Unluck's TV feature showcased some editors and past works from them.

Honda: Gintama, Naruto, Assassination Classroom, Haikyu!!



Saito: Gintama, Kuroko no Basket, Hunter x Hunter, Nisekoi, World Trigger, We Never Learn



Takahashi: Black Clover (Media)

Where can i see this interview
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top