Voting Round 1 - Reinhard van Astrea vs. Miyamoto Musashi | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Reinhard van Astrea vs. Miyamoto Musashi

Who wins?

• Reinhard van Astrea

• Miyamoto Musashi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
There surely are genderbending stuff around, but for an easier approach just look at Reinhard's grandmother

See Sam, he's already planning to do it. It's a real burden being right so often. :amuse

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I agree Musashi definitely kills him at least once. The problem is I don't think she can pull that off multiple times. Musashi is a total badass and even more of a total babe. But she's up against someone written with japanese young chunnin-ness condensed into it's purest form.

*imitates little kid voice* "My hero has every ability, is immune to everything, can blow up the world, is handsome, everybody loves him, and he smells like cookies, and lives in a candy house, but like a cool one with flames on the side. Oh and has a sword that resurrects him too. I'm going to name him something german sounding like Reinhard!"
Where did you get that the sword resurrects him? :grumble

Its not even resurrection tho, its respawn which is worse lol.

I've also given up on explaining for the upteenth time that her certain strike doesn't work like that. Its like they keep ignoring the idea that they have behind it its proven wrong by the actual definition of the ability, but they will just go "Oh right... Anyway... she can do it" :shootme

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I agree Musashi definitely kills him at least once. The problem is I don't think she can pull that off multiple times. Musashi is a total badass and even more of a total babe. But she's up against someone written with japanese young chunnin-ness condensed into it's purest form.

*imitates little kid voice* "My hero has every ability, is immune to everything, can blow up the world, is handsome, everybody loves him, and he smells like cookies, and lives in a candy house, but like a cool one with flames on the side. Oh and has a sword that resurrects him too. I'm going to name him something german sounding like Reinhard!"
The Jammin I know wouldn't vote for a dude just because he'd win a fight, he'd vote for the girl because he's cultured :heh

I've also given up on explaining for the upteenth time that her certain strike doesn't work like that. Its like they keep ignoring the idea that they have behind it its proven wrong by the actual definition of the ability, but they will just go "Oh right... Anyway... she can do it" :shootme
You're confusing either her Heavenly Eyes or her Saber-form Noble Phantasm with the feat she pulled off against Chaos in Lostbelt 5. In Lostbelt 5 she achieves something past void; true emptiness, the swirl of the root. She uses that to stop Chaos and I suppose I haven't been clear enough in my distinction between that and Void. I believe with this she can strip away the divine protection and land a killing blow with the same strike. It would be a final move for her, but it would be enough to get the job done. :catshrug

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where did you get that the sword resurrects him? :grumble

Its not even resurrection tho, its respawn which is worse lol.

Resurection or respawn does it really matter when the result is the same? But if it makes you happy...

ReZero Bullshit™: Sword of Auto-Respawn.

There I fixed it.:super

You've explained why you think she wouldn't be able to cut through his aura of ikemen coolness, that it is impossible therefor she can't do it. I don't buy that though, I still think she'd be able to do it in her strongest state. So I understand your argument I just disagree with it. The respawn thing though... no way around that one that I know of. In her kit anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The Jammin I know wouldn't vote for a dude just because he'd win a fight, he'd vote for the girl because he's cultured :heh
The booty in that art was persuasive.:hmm

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain

You're confusing either her Heavenly Eyes or her Saber-form Noble Phantasm with the feat she pulled off against Chaos in Lostbelt 5. In Lostbelt 5 she achieves something past void; true emptiness, the swirl of the root. She uses that to stop Chaos and I suppose I haven't been clear enough in my distinction between that and Void. I believe with this she can strip away the divine protection and land a killing blow with the same strike. It would be a final move for her, but it would be enough to get the job done. :catshrug
Its that blow some omnidirectional stuff that cannot be avoided? Because if it can be avoided it will be, if it takes time to charge Rein would kill her before she can use it.

Besides this is just another case of meta-roling the character: "Musashi knows beforehand that she cannot bypass Reinhard with anything so she starts the battle with the strongest move available."

If we go with that thought then Reinhard holds the Dragon Sword up and eliminates her from existence along with the world and resets it without a trace of her...
But we know Rein wouldnt do that out of the blue unless the threat was truly worldbreaking.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Hey Germans are cool though

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
„Because she is Erza“ is pretty much a divine protection though.
This reminds me the Soul Eater anime original ending where Maka beats the super powerful villain, "because she's Maka and Maka is brave" total trash lol

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Its that blow some omnidirectional stuff that cannot be avoided? Because if it can be avoided it will be, if it takes time to charge Rein would kill her before she can use it.

Besides this is just another case of meta-roling the character: "Musashi knows beforehand that she cannot bypass Reinhard with anything so she starts the battle with the strongest move available."

If we go with that thought then Reinhard holds the Dragon Sword up and eliminates her from existence along with the world and resets it without a trace of her...
But we know Rein wouldnt do that out of the blue unless the threat was truly worldbreaking.
Well these discussions literally are just meta-rolling and seeing what works 🤣

Again, you make it sound simple that he can just kill her when that's not the case. Wild claims like this are for mafia games Mr Pigeon, not for a serious battle event where we discuss idiosyncrasies and try to manipulate votes with art posts. Swirl of the Root is just another sword swing to end it all, nothing too grandiose so there's no big window for him to capitalize on; you're also assuming she's got to be stationary for a charge-up and you know what they say, assuming makes an ass out of u and me :)

Since defence is also probably going to come up again soon and how Reinhardt is sturdy even if Musashi managed to sever his divine protection, I raise you her Berserker's version of the Heavenly Eyes which are another asset she has up her sleeve:
Heavenly Demonic Thundering Eye: EX
The "Heavenly Eyes" that went rampage. The Spirit Origin is made to rampage until on the brink of collapse, earning abrupt offensive ability. At that time, the "Heavenly Eye" that were honed to the utmost limits can see through the enemies' each and every defensive actions, and demolish them. Due to the fact it sees through the defensive actions of everything entering her field of vision, not only it has an effect on individuals but the whole enemy team as well.

She's not going down that easily...

I shall now go to bed so I shall big you all a very nice good night :)

Reactions: Sky

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not trying to be a party pooper but boobs and tits don’t really count as fighting ability unless you’re a fairy tail character.
Surely you know better than that. There is no greater psychological attack.

• Hug
Reactions: Sky

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well these discussions literally are just meta-rolling and seeing what works 🤣

Again, you make it sound simple that he can just kill her when that's not the case. Wild claims like this are for mafia games Mr Pigeon, not for a serious battle event where we discuss idiosyncrasies and try to manipulate votes with art posts. Swirl of the Root is just another sword swing to end it all, nothing too grandiose so there's no big window for him to capitalize on; you're also assuming she's got to be stationary for a charge-up and you know what they say, assuming makes an ass out of u and me :)

Since defence is also probably going to come up again soon and how Reinhardt is sturdy even if Musashi managed to sever his divine protection, I raise you her Berserker's version of the Heavenly Eyes which are another asset she has up her sleeve:
Heavenly Demonic Thundering Eye: EX
The "Heavenly Eyes" that went rampage. The Spirit Origin is made to rampage until on the brink of collapse, earning abrupt offensive ability. At that time, the "Heavenly Eye" that were honed to the utmost limits can see through the enemies' each and every defensive actions, and demolish them. Due to the fact it sees through the defensive actions of everything entering her field of vision, not only it has an effect on individuals but the whole enemy team as well.

She's not going down that easily...

I shall now go to bed so I shall big you all a very nice good night :)
Well with that you convinced me that she might be able to hurt him, which is very impressive tbh.

Meta-roling has a limit tho, we know what both characters do but the characters dont when they face each other. Assuming one knows everything while the other doesnt or viceversa is bias. Thats why some VS are set with 2 rounds: one without prior knowledge, another with everything.

In both cases Reinhard wins tho, we are just discussing the way in which he wins. You say he manages to kill him once (not enough), I say she can at best damage him.
We can debate this forever but the battle is settled. :hi
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Surely you know better than that. There is no greater psychological attack.
Fun fact: that stuff would not work on Reinhard but it might on Reid (he's kind of a womanizer lol).

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not trying to be a party pooper but boobs and tits don’t really count as fighting ability unless you’re a fairy tail character.
Speak for yourself. I am convinced.(Thanks to that bathsuit.)

:P

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fun fact: that stuff would not work on Reinhard but it might on Reid (he's kind of a womanizer lol).
Really?! I think officially hate, and pity, Reinhard now. All that power only to be the embodiment of boredom.

Well she'll just have to seduce whatever divinity gave him his power. Then she'll be the one with divine favor. You know how gods are after all...

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well with that you convinced me that she might be able to hurt him, which is very impressive tbh.

Meta-roling has a limit tho, we know what both characters do but the characters dont when they face each other. Assuming one knows everything while the other doesnt or viceversa is bias. Thats why some VS are set with 2 rounds: one without prior knowledge, another with everything.

In both cases Reinhard wins tho, we are just discussing the way in which he wins. You say he manages to kill him once (not enough), I say she can at best damage him.
We can debate this forever but the battle is settled. :hi
Well if Day 1 was me convincing you he can be damaged then that's a start. A wise man once said "if it bleeds it can be killed", so don't be so gung-ho with assuming your boy's victory is guaranteed.

As you read, Musashi's Heavenly Demonic Thundering Eye allows her to see through her opponent's defensive actions, and demolish them. This skill is legitimate because in the FGO game she pierces through invincibility with it, damaging her opponents as she wishes as well as the ability reducing her opponent's defences. You said that this skill convinced you she might be able to damage Reinhard, well I say given what it does it's a guarantee she can damage him and by extension, kill him.

A battle is only ever settled when someone loses or they forfeit and I'm not about to do either so settle down 👀 Reinhard has these magical blessings for sure, but have we discussed the possibility of Musashi not severing them from him but sealing them? I am referring to her 2nd noble phantasm, Ganryū-jima: I Was Told There Would Be Magic Sword-Busting! This Noble Phantasm is one she uses against any sword-wielding opponent who doesn't just rely on their skill with the blade, with this Noble Phantasm breaking their blade and sealing their skills. This is yet another asset she has that can turn the tide of the battle, and as someone who fights up close, if Reinhard suddenly loses his blade to defend himself then the Heavenly Demonic Thundering Eye not only guarantees Musashi can hurt him but gives her an optimal chance to kill him. I still contest that she can incorporate the Swirl of the Root to damage his connection to Od Lugana and switch off Reinhard's blessings, so a sword attack using the swirl of the root should be the end of Reinhard.

She is a far better fighter than you give her credit for...

Status
Not open for further replies.