Voting Round 1 - Midora vs. Broly (DBS) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Midora vs. Broly (DBS)

Who wins?

• Midora

• Broly

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Finally.

1: These are some of Midora's attacks seen from space.

Midora's Earth is at leats 4 times the size of ours, meaning every one of those hits would destroy our Earth. He's physically more than a match for Broly.

2: Midora can eat anything, including energy attacks like Kamehameha. Broly is just food for this man. Midora can control his tongue out from his body and enlarge it like a telekinetically controlled hypersonic whip that could very well entangle the whole planet (he used his tongue for the attacks on the previous picture). Anything he hits with his tongue gets instantly eaten, but it doesn't stop there: The space through which his tongue has travelled becomes a vacuum that instantly and literally "eats" anything that touches it, including beings physically on par with Midora.

3: Midora can perfectly copy any technique he witnesses, no matter how complex or overpowered. He can copy Broly's energy attacks and boosts.

4: Midora has Minority World, one of the techniques he copied in his manga. A technique that basically allows him to control how every atom acts inside a defined (and huge) space around him. He can regenerate any wound without effort with this technique, or make his enemies' bodies fall apart on their own. The effects are instant. He can also use this technique with more finesse and make things like the enemy's blood become poisonous.

He doesn't need any kind of preparation or to make any movement for this technique to work.

Broly is outclassed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here are some other attacks from Midora. Once again, their Earth measures more than 4 times ours.

That thing ont he left is his tongue enlarged for some attack, and on the right he's using energy beams to destroy that giant hand.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Thanks @Elessar im not particularly familiar with Midora but can he really be physically a match for Broly who is scalable to God of Distruction level, we saw Broly shatter reality with nothing but his energy, not only that but once he goes full super sayin his body is strong enough to not even feel pain from attacks that can destroy the universe.

Maybe I'm just clueless on Midora but for me DBS characters are just way way to strong for anyone except those haxs character that can just think you out of existance

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thanks @Elessar im not particularly familiar with Midora but can he really be physically a match for Broly who is scalable to God of Distruction level, we saw Broly shatter reality with nothing but his energy, not only that but once he goes full super sayin his body is strong enough to not even feel pain from attacks that can destroy the universe.

Maybe I'm just clueless on Midora but for me DBS characters are just way way to strong for anyone except those haxs character that can just think you out of existance
The top characters from Midora's manga are all Goku-like characters with an absolutely impressive amount of huge feats, but also with hard haxes like Minority World.

I didn't even list all of the abilities Midora has copied (confirmed or otherwise. There are some he never used himself but that he should have copied since they were used in his presence and he just copies everything).

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
The top characters from Midora's manga are all Goku-like characters with an absolutely impressive amount of huge feats, but also with hard haxes like Minority World.

I didn't even list all of the abilities Midora has copied (confirmed or otherwise. There are some he never used himself but that he should have copied since they were used in his presence and he just copies everything).
Yeah I get that but Broly is far FAR stronger than Goku, he might even be more powerful than Beerus, it needed Whis to try and by time for Goku and Vegeta and even then Broly was not even close to full power, I just cant picture anyone from Toriko being able to hold off Broly at his maximum

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah I get that but Broly is far FAR stronger than Goku, he might even be more powerful than Beerus, it needed Whis to try and by time for Goku and Vegeta and even then Broly was not even close to full power, I just cant picture anyone from Toriko being able to hold off Broly at his maximum
I watched Broly's DBS' movie and his feats weren't that, that great. In Toriko we have guys like Toriko himself effortlessly punching the bad guy so hard that he makes him fly all the way around the (x4 sized) Earth before catching his head from the other side.

Then we have guys like Midora who will just "eat" anything that enters his space. His oppponents in the endgame of the manga involve highregeneration from his attacks because his hunger can't be stopped through strength by guys who are as strong or stronger than him.

But then, let's say Broly is his superior physically and that they aren't matched:

How can Broly stop the cells from his body simply deciding to dettach themselves from eachother?

Minority World takes advantage of a theoretical little minority of atoms that choose to act contrary to how they should. Midora can freely exchange what's the minority's and majority's specific behaviour that he wishes to exchange. He can freely alter gravity on someone, he can freely make it so his opponent's heart decides to stop beating or that the molecules from his body literally just choose to stop staying united.

In that same way, if Broly overpowers Midora physically and makes holes in his body or head, Midora can make it so the molecules that used to form his head choose to reattach.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Why are those planet attacks impressive? Super buu opened a whole in space time, SS God Goku almost destroys the... Timeline? Clashing with Beerus. OG Freezer barely trying and in his first form exploded planet Vegeta. Hell, Roshi with a PL of 130 blasted the Moon and rn the number is easily over trillions...

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Why are those planet attacks impressive? Super buu opened a whole in space time, SS God Goku almost destroys the... Timeline? Clashing with Beerus. OG Freezer barely trying and in his first form exploded planet Vegeta. Hell, Roshi with a PL of 130 blasted the Moon and rn the number is easily over trillions...
Because feats in Toriko are consistent unlike feats in DB, where feats just seem to become smaller the stronger they get.

Full power Freezer vs Goku accidentally destroy Namek, then a "trillion times stronger" SGS Vegito vs LSS Broly throwing their full-powered attacks at each other barely destroy some mountains.

Toriko's better feats are in their haxes, though, and Midora has access to most of them. The planetary attacks are just to show what their base physical strength is.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Because feats in Toriko are consistent unlike feats in DB, where feats just seem to become smaller the stronger they get.

Full power Freezer vs Goku accidentally destroy Namek, then a "trillion times stronger" SGS Vegito vs LSS Broly throwing their full-powered attacks at each other barely destroy some mountains.

Toriko's better feats are in their haxes, though, and Midora has access to most of them. The planetary attacks are just to show what their base physical strength is.
That's just the author taking liberties otw every single fight would be done in space and then the panels would look like out of Bleach, lol. It's a "don't think too much about it" really, but the feats are there, increasing and clear imo.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Let's talk about two other haxes that Midora has copied other than Minority World.

Gourmet Luck: Literally what it means: being super lucky. The original user of this skill could make attacks from beings stronger than him to just miss, and his own attacks to just land.

Knocking: The masters of knocking on Toriko can do many things.

1- They can knock other people or creatures in a single hit. This includes giant dragons and small insects like ants. Such is their precision that they can knock an ant without killing it.

2- "Knocking damage". They can somehow "knock" any damage that they take, nullifying it entirely. Though Midora doesn't even need this because he has Minority World.

3- Knocking the world. The world was going to be destroyed in the final fight but a knocking master punched into it and "knocked it out", somehow stopping its destruction.

4- Knocking time. Yes. Knocking masters can just stop time around them Za Warudo style by "knocking it out".

Yes, none of those make sense, but those are real skills. Midora didn't demonstrate all of them himself, but he showed to have copied knocking with his innate copying technique.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Toriko sounds pretty nuts tho, all I knew was "there's a lot of eating and fighting" lmao

So huh, how was this guy defeated? You can spoiler tag

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Toriko sounds pretty nuts tho, all I knew was "there's a lot of eating and fighting" lmao
It's a weird shonen but it's pretty cool if you just want cool fights that suddenly start scalling to multiplanetary levels. The story is just random.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I watched Broly's DBS' movie and his feats weren't that, that great. In Toriko we have guys like Toriko himself effortlessly punching the bad guy so hard that he makes him fly all the way around the (x4 sized) Earth before catching his head from the other side.

Then we have guys like Midora who will just "eat" anything that enters his space. His oppponents in the endgame of the manga involve highregeneration from his attacks because his hunger can't be stopped through strength by guys who are as strong or stronger than him.

But then, let's say Broly is his superior physically and that they aren't matched:

How can Broly stop the cells from his body simply deciding to dettach themselves from eachother?

Minority World takes advantage of a theoretical little minority of atoms that choose to act contrary to how they should. Midora can freely exchange what's the minority's and majority's specific behaviour that he wishes to exchange. He can freely alter gravity on someone, he can freely make it so his opponent's heart decides to stop beating or that the molecules from his body literally just choose to stop staying united.

In that same way, if Broly overpowers Midora physically and makes holes in his body or head, Midora can make it so the molecules that used to form his head choose to reattach.
Yes I get that Midora has impressive abilities but Broly is still far more powerful, he can shatter reality with nothing but him powering up and he doesn't even flinch when being hit with punches that can destroy a universe far far bigger than that in Toriko's, I'm sorry but Broly is just way too powerful for this.

Im currently reading up on Midora's feats and so far he is not any type of match for someone who is literally above a god.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't 100% remember the exact cause of dead but he died fighting the big bad guy from the manga: an extradimensional alien from a different universe that went from planet to planet just eating everything and everyone. Midora was instrumental in the fight against him, but that alien had the power to eat even Midora in a way that "scared the opponents' very cell and prevented regeneration abilities".
I remember that alien ate Midora's hands while Midora was pummeling him and Midora just went "So what?" and started beating the shit out of the alien with his arms.

Yes I get that Midora has impressive abilities but Broly is still far more powerful, he can shatter reality with nothing but him powering up and he doesn't even flinch when being hit with punches that can destroy a universe far far bigger than that in Toriko's, I'm sorry but Broly is just way too powerful for this.

Im currently reading up on Midora's feats and so far he is not any type of match for someone who is literally above a god.
Those are made-up feats. Broly never shattered reality and he hasn't destroyed any universe with his punches. He powered up well against Vegito and nothing was destroyed. Not even when he shot out a fullpowered ki beam, much less from him powering or from punching.

You can argue him to be stronger than Midora physically, but Broly has nothing to overcome Midora's reality bending skills.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Hardy It's worth mentioning that Midora was the original bad guy from the manga. But the strongest good guy at the time fought him, the original Minority World user, and he just got his skill copied and he was literally eaten by Midora.

In fact, despite being planetary level himself, if it wasn't for Minority World allowing the man to regenerate, he would have died to Midora in a few seconds from accidentally stepping into the invisible vacuum threads that Midora's tongue leaves all around. His body was full of holes in a instant from being eaten through that space.

The good guys never defeated Midora, they convinced him to switch sides against the real big bad guy who just had even bigger haxes than the other characters.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Those are made-up feats. Broly never shattered reality and he hasn't destroyed any universe with his punches. He powered up well against Vegito and nothing was destroyed. Not even when he shot out a fullpowered ki beam, much less from him powering or from punching.

You can argue him to be stronger than Midora physically, but Broly has nothing to overcome Midora's reality bending skills.
Nope in the movie Broly powerup while fighting Gogeta and he shattered reality forcing them into a pocket universe, where everyone outside it was stopped in time.
SSB Goku is much stronger than the power Beerus used to fight him when he just went god, and those punches were strong enough that they could destroy the universe, the Goku that fought Broly was much more powerful that that and yet his attacks didn't even make Broly notice them.

Im sorry but from what I have seen Midora is planet level and maybe just maybe at his highest I place him he is solar level while Broly is multi universal, that power gap is just too big that even Midora's abilities will be nothing but a joke at this level.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nope in the movie Broly powerup while fighting Gogeta and he shattered reality forcing them into a pocket universe, where everyone outside it was stopped in time.
SSB Goku is much stronger than the power Beerus used to fight him when he just went god, and those punches were strong enough that they could destroy the universe, the Goku that fought Broly was much more powerful that that and yet his attacks didn't even make Broly notice them.

Im sorry but from what I have seen Midora is planet level and maybe just maybe at his highest I place him he is solar level while Broly is multi universal, that power gap is just too big that even Midora's abilities will be nothing but a joke at this level.
Please.

1- If Goku when he fought Beerus "risked destroying the universe", how come a "much more powerful being" going all out with punches and ki attacks doesn't destroy it? Not even a planet.

I really dislike how "becoming stronger than before" in DB is only talk from the characters but is never reflected in their feats. Can we call Broly "multiversal" just because some maths calculus say he should be despite him going all out isn't really capable of that?

2- What about Broly's power makes him immune to Midora manipulating the tendency of his atoms? It's not a power-related skill. It doesn't attack "Broly", it simply changes how the atoms in his body or around him behave.

I must add it's not even a ray attack from Midora that disintegrates his targets nor does he need physical contact or anything. He only needs to will the atoms to change their behaviour. And unlike Broly, his haxes have been visually shown and demonstrated multiple times in the manga.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm mad that @Elessar already covered most of everything about Midora, the broken character I managed to slip into the tourney.

He defeated himself, lol. No, seriously, after the Big Bad was defeated he sacrificed his entire life force to willingly rebirth their entire world.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Please.

1- If Goku when he fought Beerus "risked destroying the universe", how come a "much more powerful being" going all out with punches and ki attacks doesn't destroy it? Not even a planet.

I really dislike how "becoming stronger than before" in DB is only talk from the characters but is never reflected in their feats. Can we call Broly "multiversal" just because some maths calculus say he should be despite him going all out isn't really capable of that?

2- What about Broly's power makes him immune to Midora manipulating the tendency of his atoms? It's not a power-related skill. It doesn't attack "Broly", it simply changes how the atoms in his body or around him behave.

I must add it's not even a ray attack from Midora that disintegrates his targets nor does he need physical contact or anything. He only needs to will the atoms to change their behaviour. And unlike Broly, his haxes have been visually shown and demonstrated multiple times in the manga.
1. That is because in DB the author preserves the environment, if not just Gohan going SS2 he would have destroyed the solar system.

Because we can power scale him to such a level if SSG Goku can destroy the universe with effort and then SSB Goku after fighting Jirent can be scaled to the level where he can shake infinity with nothing but his presence, its only natural that Broly who is much more powerful than that is also capable of destroying the multi universe.

2. The gap in level is just too big, we have seen that in DB magic like abilities are useless unless powerful individuals allow those abilities to work on them by powering down, Midora's abilities will just be as useless since Broly won't allow those abilities to affect him, the gap in power is too big for Midora to even hope to affect Broly.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Let's add one more feat.

Say Broly attacks Midora with a kamehameha or some shit.

Would you look at that, Midora just makes the energy attack reverse direction by reversing the tendency of its atoms, making Broly hit himself.

1. That is because in DB the author preserves the environment, if not just Gohan going SS2 he would have destroyed the solar system.

Because we can power scale him to such a level if SSG Goku can destroy the universe with effort and then SSB Goku after fighting Jirent can be scaled to the level where he can shake infinity with nothing but his presence, its only natural that Broly who is much more powerful that than is also capable of destroying the universe.

2. The gap in level is just too big, we have seen that in DB magic like abilities are useless unless powerful individuals allow those abilities to work on them by powering down, Midora's abilities will just be as useless since Broly won't allow those abilities to affect him, the gap in power is too big for Midora to even hope to affect Broly.
1- If we can just make up what the characters "should be capable of" I can just claim Midora could destroy the universe but the author just holds his feats down.

2- Too bad Midora's haxes are proved to work on opponents stronger than the one using the hax.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm mad that @Elessar already covered most of everything about Midora, the broken character I managed to slip into the tourney.

He defeated himself, lol. No, seriously, after the Big Bad was defeated he sacrificed his entire life force to willingly rebirth their entire world.
Oh riiight, I had forgotten that! Even his dead is fucking broken.

Sorry about that. :XD I couldn't hold myself from talking about the lord Midora.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That's just the author taking liberties otw every single fight would be done in space
Probably doesn't help that most of the DB characters can't breathe/survive in outer space

Reckon, if you pressed, Toriyama/Toyotarou'd just have to claim that the characters are always massively holding back - so as not to destroy themselves with each and every ki blast that they launch
:invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.