Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
-It does if we're relying on the numbers
-Healing a a sideshow. The actual argument is, maybe Purgatory only dealt 5 damage, we don't know.
-I see. Then I disagree. I think Aldaron is obviously in an entirely different league when it comes to durability, just like he's a league lower in speed.
-Zero had the same reaction to Phoenix, and that's about where I'd place Purgatory's value in comparison to DF and to Base Natsu. Base Natsu was getting beaten by Aldo, DF let Natsu more or less equal him, Purgatory let him win. The steps are pretty much exactly the same for Zero.
-How did Natsu overpower Aldaron? He didn't blast through Aldaron's giant spike, he just attacked him undefended. Why are you giving Ajeel various defenses? Let's put it like this then, Is Jellal's Sema X1,000,000 Neinhart?
-I don't, because even a completely serious dragon bit is only Igneel size. In fact Igneel's fire dragon fist is tiny, wouldn't scratch Aldo. Still>>>Purgatory.
-Called nerfed Merc a bum, and not even because he was weak.
  • No it doesn't. Any attack that damages Aldoron even by 1% would scale to millions of times stronger than FDK Destruction Fist. Even if Aldoron could heal up his injuries, it doesn't change the fact that the attack has to be powerful enough to damage him in the first place.
  • It blasted a hole in Aldoron's back. That's easily more than 1% damage.
  • Aldoron isn't slow either. When he's not nerfed, his thorns are faster than Natsu can perceive.
  • Zero didn't think Pheonix sword could burn the world. Pheonix sword didn't end up blowing a hole in Zero, so they aren't comparable anyways.
  • Right, but I'm assuming that Aldoron's spike is made out of the same material as his wood and other spikes....Just bigger. So no reason Purgatory Dragon Fire can't burn it. Of course, if you want to say that Aldoron's spike can overpower Natsu and kill him, I'm okay with that too. Doesn't really change my point.
  • I'm not giving Ajeel anything he hasn't already shown. Ajeel can merge with sand and can create barriers.
  • Sema is not 1,000,000 Neinhart. But it is multiple times stronger than any attack Neinhart can dish out, and Jellal is definitely multiple times stronger than Neinhart. Just not 1,000,000.
  • That's his dragon form, and Acnologia just flying around in circles causes shockwaves that break stuff. We've seen Acno kick Cobra. We've seen Jellal block one of Acno's attacks with a claw. We've seen 7DS Natsu survive an attack Acno thought was going to instantly kill him, and then Acno making the adjustments and charging up what would be, presumably, a stronger attack that could kill 7DS Natsu. I think it's safe to say he'll make the same adjustment for anyone stronger than 7DS Natsu, whom Aldoron would be.
  • Merc wasn't nerfed. Ignia just said that he wasn't even fighting with half his strength so far. Merc eventually got serious. Again, the idea for Merc being nerfed came from the idea that Faris held on to half of his power. She didn't.
 
Last edited:

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
  • No it doesn't. Any attack that damages Aldoron even by 1% would scale to millions of times stronger than FDK Destruction Fist. Even if Aldoron could heal up his injuries, it doesn't change the fact that the attack has to be powerful enough to damage him in the first place.
  • It blasted a hole in Aldoron's back. That's easily more than 1% damage.
  • Aldoron isn't slow either. When he's not nerfed, his thorns are faster than Natsu can perceive.
  • Zero didn't think Pheonix sword could burn the world. Pheonix sword didn't end up blowing a hole in Zero, so they aren't comparable anyways.
  • Right, but I'm assuming that Aldoron's spike is made out of the same material as his wood and other spikes....Just bigger. So no reason Purgatory Dragon Fire can't burn it. Of course, if you want to say that Aldoron's spike can overpower Natsu and kill him, I'm okay with that too. Doesn't really change my point.
  • I'm not giving Ajeel anything he hasn't already shown. Ajeel can merge with sand and can create barriers.
  • Sema is not 1,000,000 Neinhart. But it is multiple times stronger than any attack Neinhart can dish out, and Jellal is definitely multiple times stronger than Neinhart. Just not 1,000,000.
  • That's his dragon form, and Acnologia just flying around in circles causes shockwaves that break stuff. We've seen Acno kick Cobra. We've seen Jellal block one of Acno's attacks with a claw. We've seen 7DS Natsu survive an attack Acno thought was going to instantly kill him, and then Acno making the adjustments and charging up what would be, presumably, a stronger attack that could kill 7DS Natsu. I think it's safe to say he'll make the same adjustment for anyone stronger than 7DS Natsu, whom Aldoron would be.
  • Merc wasn't nerfed. Ignia just said that he wasn't even fighting with half his strength so far. Merc eventually got serious. Again, the idea for Merc being nerfed came from the idea that Faris held on to half of his power. She didn't.
-No, it really doesn't because the number isn't to damage Aldaron, the number is to defeat him.
-Atlas Flame had a big hole blasted in him as I recall....

-So? FT was on a different scale back then, do characters need to say "destroy world" any time an attack on Purgatory's scale happens? No, obviously not.. Zero thought Natsu could slay a dragon, which is arguably better anyway. Actually, now that I think about it, the Zero comparison is about as perfect as it gets. Forget Mard, forget Larcade. The difference in strength between Zero and Natsu is likely near exactly the same as the difference between Aldaron and Natsu. Natsu's base performance against the two was near identical, with Natsu hanging in there but obviously losing. Then DF came around and Natsu was able to match the two equally, but was still on the losing end of the fight, with both villains saying Natsu is trash. And then suddenly he pulls his secret art out and they change their tune, Natsu is scary powerful. It's almost an exact replica step for step. So yeah, that's the level nerfed Aldaron is at. Not a Mard level threat, or a Zeref level threat, he's a Zero level threat, near identically. Which makes sense, because at the end of the day, Purgatory is just a new, more powerful DF Secret art, appropriate for FT's current scale. As for not killing Zero, sure, winning is close enough.

-Yeah, but why? Aldaron didn't try and block or dodge Natsu's Secret Art, why are we saying Ajeel is defending against Laxus? We're talking damage here, not how good Ajeel is at evading.
-Why not? Place a million Neinharts on a field and Sema kills them all, just like your Aldaron Spike example. In fact that also makes Eileen a million Erzas.
-Totally missing my point. Fire Dragon Fist from Igneel>Purgatory. Does less damage to Aldo though because of the size.
-So Ignia Natsu is already God Dragon level? That aside, villains call each other trash all the time.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
-No, it really doesn't because the number isn't to damage Aldaron, the number is to defeat him.
-Atlas Flame had a big hole blasted in him as I recall....

-So? FT was on a different scale back then, do characters need to say "destroy world" any time an attack on Purgatory's scale happens? No, obviously not.. Zero thought Natsu could slay a dragon, which is arguably better anyway. Actually, now that I think about it, the Zero comparison is about as perfect as it gets. Forget Mard, forget Larcade. The difference in strength between Zero and Natsu is likely near exactly the same as the difference between Aldaron and Natsu. Natsu's base performance against the two was near identical, with Natsu hanging in there but obviously losing. Then DF came around and Natsu was able to match the two equally, but was still on the losing end of the fight, with both villains saying Natsu is trash. And then suddenly he pulls his secret art out and they change their tune, Natsu is scary powerful. It's almost an exact replica step for step. So yeah, that's the level nerfed Aldaron is at. Not a Mard level threat, or a Zeref level threat, he's a Zero level threat, near identically. Which makes sense, because at the end of the day, Purgatory is just a new, more powerful DF Secret art, appropriate for FT's current scale. As for not killing Zero, sure, winning is close enough.

-Yeah, but why? Aldaron didn't try and block or dodge Natsu's Secret Art, why are we saying Ajeel is defending against Laxus? We're talking damage here, not how good Ajeel is at evading.
-Why not? Place a million Neinharts on a field and Sema kills them all, just like your Aldaron Spike example. In fact that also makes Eileen a million Erzas.
-Totally missing my point. Fire Dragon Fist from Igneel>Purgatory. Does less damage to Aldo though because of the size.
-So Ignia Natsu is already God Dragon level? That aside, villains call each other trash all the time.
  • The entire 100,000,000 is to defeat him. Any fraction of that is damage.
  • Yup. And Atlas formed right back up because his fire body is kinda like Juvia's water body.
  • Alright, I see what you mean. But again, why does this matter when determining how Purgatory Dragon Fire scales to FDK destruction fist.
  • I thought you were saying that Laxus could kill a dozen Neinharts with his nuke. I'm saying it wouldn't be that easy. It may not even be that easy if he scores a direct hit, considering Ajeel can survive nakagami starlight.
  • Sema wouldn't kill a million Neinharts, mainly because I doubt it could hit a million Neinharts. FDK roar only hit 900 people in Zeref's army of a million. Gildart's big punch didn't take out the army either. Sema can take out as many Neinharts as you can fit within it's AOE, I guess. Not sure why this is even being argued tbh. I'm not saying Purgatory Dragon Fire is stronger because of it's AoE can hit a million targets. I'm saying it's stronger because it blew a sizeable hole in Aldoron whereas FDK Destruction Fist only dealt 1 point of damage. It's like comparing a shotgun wound to a papercut. Even if you had superpowers that can heal up a shotgun wound, that doesn't change the fact that's it's better than a papercut.
  • Yes. Sure, villains call each other trash all the time. Don't really see why that matters. Ignia wants a good fight, and figures he can get a better one by making Natsu grow stronger than fighting Merc. He's kinda proven right given that he managed to feed Natsu into being stronger than Merc.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
  • The entire 100,000,000 is to defeat him. Any fraction of that is damage.
  • Yup. And Atlas formed right back up because his fire body is kinda like Juvia's water body.
  • Alright, I see what you mean. But again, why does this matter when determining how Purgatory Dragon Fire scales to FDK destruction fist.
  • I thought you were saying that Laxus could kill a dozen Neinharts with his nuke. I'm saying it wouldn't be that easy. It may not even be that easy if he scores a direct hit, considering Ajeel can survive nakagami starlight.
  • Sema wouldn't kill a million Neinharts, mainly because I doubt it could hit a million Neinharts. FDK roar only hit 900 people in Zeref's army of a million. Gildart's big punch didn't take out the army either. Sema can take out as many Neinharts as you can fit within it's AOE, I guess. Not sure why this is even being argued tbh. I'm not saying Purgatory Dragon Fire is stronger because of it's AoE. I'm saying it's stronger because it blew a sizeable hole in Aldoron where FDK Destruction Fist only dealt 1 point of damage.
  • Yes. Sure, villains call each other trash all the time. Don't really see why that matters. Ignia wants a good fight, and figures he can get a better one by making Natsu grow stronger than fighting Merc. He's kinda proven right given that he managed to feed Natsu into being stronger than Merc.
-Uhuh, it's just how much that is the issue
-Mhm, his body is made out of the same magic he creates...
-Because Zero wasn't X1,000,000 Natsu and Pheonix isn't X1,000,000 Exploding Flame Blade. The same is true for nerfed Aldo and Purgatory.
-It was a comparison to you saying Aldaron killing a bunch of Natsu's with his = it being X1,000,000 Natsu. Natsu could run away, he'd prob survive.
-Both are much smaller than Sema, you could fit Zeref's army in it's blast radius. Same with Laxus' nuke.
-Except he doesn't. He already thinks the god dragons are stronger than Acno, the toughest person Natsu beat. He could've gone after the God Dragons. Hell, he could've beaten Merc, then fed him to Aldaron. Both would be far quicker and more reliable than waiting for Natsu. The reason he wants to fight Natsu, is because he beat Acno. Also feeding Natsu into beating Merc don't make Natsu stronger than Merc, Jellal fed Natsu into being stronger than Zero, don't mean Natsu is stronger than Zero, even Jellal himself is much weaker. EoS Natsu prob ain't gonna be a dragon god, unless he actually dragonizes
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,067
Reaction score
3,164
Age
37
Country
United States
I don't really participate in PL much anymore (nor will I much in the future although I change my mind from time to time) but I'll just give my opinion on Natsu Prime Million :derp

@Seven777 @Axiomus @grey matter @Kurumi Tokisaki @Ramen I'll post it here not to derail the thread.

this is how I see it:

this is when Natsu' attack burst out of Aldoron's body


as you can see, Natsu' fire already went through God Seed and up to the sky (take a note of people's reaction) but the God Sedd wasn't overwhelmed completely by that attack... yet.

a panel later and this happens


you can see that God Seed is getting burned and was about to get killed BUT Aldoron's main body is still "fine"

HOWEVER, look again at the bottom of this panel and you'll see that God Seed died


now, let's go to the main event.

in this final panel, you can see that Aldoron dies when his God Seed died (those pillars around Natsu one isn't his and take a note of people's reaction and compared it to the first one and you'll see there is a time frame between the two)


what this means is this (IMO ofc but also Godly more logical than x100,000,000 Natsu):

1. Natsu hits God Seed with his Secret Art and that pillar goes up in the sky
2. God Seed is still alive and you see no other pillar because Aldoron's isn't getting destroyed yet
3. few seconds later, God Seed gets completely overwhelmed and dies
4. after he dies, all other pillars are popping out of Aldoron (people take notice of this) and Aldoron crumbles

killing brain = dead body = logical
Natsu = millions of time stronger = :shootme

besides, Natsu probably wasn't even that deep inside Aldoron so he couldn't hit any of Aldoron's vital point to kill him anyway so why would he die (if he even has one lol other than that brain seed which is trash enough considering he couldn't even beat base Natsu).

another theory is this:

in the video games, armor (durability) is not the same as hit points.

you can have 1000,000,000 hit points but if your armor is 0 and if someone has the attack power of 500,000,000 then he will deal 100% damage of that attack power so two blows will be enough to kill him (taking numbers out of my ass now but you get the point).

so Aldoron's armor (AKA durability dropped significantly) so Natsu' initial FDK punch on nerfed Aldoron would be 10,000,000 hit points.

x10 DF Natsu would mean 100,000,000 which is way more logical.

but I'll go with the first one which makes more sense.

Conclusion: Aldoron died because his main God Seed (his brain) died and not because Natsu became 100,000,000 more powerful LMFAO.

I think even the most hardcore Natsu fans don't believe that.

do you guys know how big a million number is???

Natsu being x10 in DF is already an extreme highball, let alone x10,000,000 or x100,000,000.

do you guys know what a million is, let alone one hundred million???
what is Natsu, a Solar System buster on a whim :yodawg

THERE IS NO WAY NATSU' POWER INCREASES BY X100,000,000 OR ANY MILLION, HUNDRED, THOUSANDS OR EVEN DOZENS.

at the end of the day, Hiro and Ueda probably put those hit points when they were in the middle of playing PS4 so they thought it would be cool hence you never see any mention of them later on.

besides, this is what Hiro thinks about the fights anyway (from my man @aymen24)


you could literally see Gildarts or any other top tier mage fighting DF Natsu in the next chapter and they will be fine lol.

Hiro does some stuff to look cool like Kyouka vs Erza (WoW, fighting without senses and taking shots while her pain is increased by dozens of time is cool), FH Zeref vs Natsu (OMG he burns time and space without dragonizing even though he was no diff when he was dragonized a few minutes ago is so cool), Erza vs Irene (OMG she smashed down meteor with one hand which was the only part of her body that wasn't broken while all other bones were broken is so cool), Gray vs Invel (OMG he couldn't do anything while demonized but stomps him without it and copies his ice which is cool), Laxus vs Wall (WoW, red color of lightning and killing someone who is immune to lightning is cool) etc even though they are nonsensical.

he thinks it's cool so he creates dumb things like that.
There’s nothing to suggest that Aldoron only does because his God Seed is killed. If that was the case the pillar of flame coming out of his back would be redundant to the story and unnecessary work. The pillar of flame punching through his insides makes more sense as a reason then some random remote detonation with no real explanation behind it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Ramen :
stop speaking with him, he is blind about circumstances and Power Scales.
Thinking that current Grey in his lower form of Devil Slayer is stronger than Albaress's strongest form while fighting Invel and END is an exemple.

I post scans about Devil Slayer's condition. They are from the Manga. He didn't read them.

Thinking that Mira is as strong as RL laxus, so stronger than Erza as he thinks that Erza lost her fight, is another exemple. He didn't read the Manga (3 statements of draw, Erza admitted her loss / Laxus admitted his loss, Kyria saw a draw and Mashima's cover put a double KO).

Thinking that Base Natsu did better than Devil Slayer Grey is laughable. I put scans from the Manga of Base Natsu without Wendy vs Skullion, he did same as Ice Make Grey, nothing more. Wendy is the ultimate support against Skullion as she can dispell Ashes and counter his intangibility, making Natsu punching his face. Without Wendy, he did less than Grey who counter his magic for a while. But even with scans as proof, he is still blind.

Let him think Gajeel is as strong as Natsu (FDK) and Gildarts. Let him think Mira equals RL Laxus.
Let him think Current Gajeel and Mira are both > current Devil Slayer Grey > Arbaless's Bloodlust Grey = END.
In that way, as he thinks Base Natsu did better than DS Grey (who, for him, is stronger than Arbaless's Berserker Grey) vs Skullion, he must think current Base Natsu > Arbaless's END.

And Mira + Elfman didn't get beaten by Grey.

It's pointless. Even with Scan's statements. Let him in his dreams....

We don't read the same Manga.
Where does Laxus say that?
 

Ronin31

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
1,831
Gender
Male
Country
France
Where does Laxus say that?
In the Manga. When Erza said "but I'll win next time", Laxus answer "That's my line, I am also out of Magic", before falling at his turn. It's like saiying "I am currently out of Magic, but I'll win next time". Both couldn't continue.

And Kyria's reaction means it was a double KO : "What a turn of events ! The two monsters beat out each other !"

 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,067
Reaction score
3,164
Age
37
Country
United States
In the Manga. When Erza said "but I'll win next time", Laxus answer "That's my line, I am also out of Magic", before falling at his turn. It's like saiying "I am currently out of Magic, but I'll win next time". Both couldn't continue.

And Kyria's reaction means it was a double KO : "What a turn of events ! The two monsters beat out each other !"

My brother has never beaten me at Pool. I’m in my 30’s and he hasn’t done it yet. He always says he’ll win next time. He’s been talking about beating me his entire life, and I always tell him. I’ll be the one winning next time. Does that mean I lost? No, it means I’m acknowledging the chance for my brother’s growth and asserting it will not be enough. It means I’m a big brother and I have no intention on ever losing to my baby brother. An there’s no Shao Kahn in pool, so he’s stuck. My kids favorite game is take down the Wizard. We’ve been playing as long as my eldest can remember and he never beats me, he doesn’t even try because he never wants to do the tickling, just be tickled. He always says he’ll beat me next time, he’ll win next time, try him next time. An I never acknowledge him winning, because Ima win. My son isn’t even going to try and tickle me. Period. Does this mean he’s won, or it’s a tie. No, it means his spirit isn’t crushed. This argument is laughable, and doesn’t mean what you so desperately want it to mean. Is that the extent of your argument for this? Cause bein tired after a gauntlet doesn’t really make your point either.
 
Last edited:

Ronin31

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
1,831
Gender
Male
Country
France
My brother has never beaten me at Pool. I’m in my 30’s and he hasn’t done it yet. He always says he’ll win next time. He’s been talking about beating me his entire life, and I always tell him. I’ll be the one winning next time. Does that mean I lost? No, it means I’m acknowledging the chance for my brother’s growth and asserting it will not be enough. It means I’m a big brother and I have no intention on ever losing to my baby brother. An there’s no Shao Kahn in pool, so he’s stuck. My kids favorite game is take down the Wizard. We’ve been playing as long as my eldest can remember and he never beats me, he doesn’t even try because he never wants to do the tickling, just be tickled. He always says he’ll beat me next time, he’ll win next time, try him next time. An I never acknowledge him winning, because Ima win. My son isn’t even going to try and tickle me. Period. Does this mean he’s won, or it’s a tie. No, it means his spirit isn’t crushed. This argument is laughable, and doesn’t mean what you so desperately want it to mean. Is that the extent of your argument for this? Cause bein tired after a gauntlet doesn’t really make your point either.
- "I'll win next time , definitely-"
There are the words of a looser. (Erza)

- "That's my line" claim that Laxus admits to be a loser too, as it refered to "I'll win next time, definitely".
-"I'm also out of magic" : Laxus admits to be in same condition as Erza : empty and can't continue as well if needed.

When your brother or mine say "I will win NEXT TIME" he seeks revenge because he was defeated this day.
What do you answer when this happens ?
I personally answer "And I will win AGAIN" because I admit a clear win this day. Not" That's my line" which mean "I do not deserve THIS victory and want a rematch to defeat you as well".
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
-Uhuh, it's just how much that is the issue
-Mhm, his body is made out of the same magic he creates...
-Because Zero wasn't X1,000,000 Natsu and Pheonix isn't X1,000,000 Exploding Flame Blade. The same is true for nerfed Aldo and Purgatory.
-It was a comparison to you saying Aldaron killing a bunch of Natsu's with his = it being X1,000,000 Natsu. Natsu could run away, he'd prob survive.
-Both are much smaller than Sema, you could fit Zeref's army in it's blast radius. Same with Laxus' nuke.
-Except he doesn't. He already thinks the god dragons are stronger than Acno, the toughest person Natsu beat. He could've gone after the God Dragons. Hell, he could've beaten Merc, then fed him to Aldaron. Both would be far quicker and more reliable than waiting for Natsu. The reason he wants to fight Natsu, is because he beat Acno. Also feeding Natsu into beating Merc don't make Natsu stronger than Merc, Jellal fed Natsu into being stronger than Zero, don't mean Natsu is stronger than Zero, even Jellal himself is much weaker. EoS Natsu prob ain't gonna be a dragon god, unless he actually dragonizes
  • Right, so again FDK Destruction Fist was basically the equivalent of a papercut to Aldoron. Purgatory Spear Dragon Fire poked decent sized hole. Surely even if you don't think that Purgatory Spear dealt anywhere close to the full 100,000,000 damage, you can recognize that it dealt much more than FDK destruction fist did.
  • Not all of Aldoron's wood are equally durable. Thicket, for example, is made out of tougher material than the wood Aldoron used to fight Gajeel in the beginning. I would assume the body is made out of sturdiest stuff he can make. That along with the brain seed..
  • Zero wasn't, but how do you know that to be true for Aldoron and Purgatory?
  • Both Sema and Laxus' nuke are mountain level in scale, much like FDK roar or Gildart's punch. Maybe if you squeezed Zeref's army in a cube.
  • The reason Ignia wants to beat Acno is to prove his strength. If Ignia only cared about beating the guy who beat Acno, then he wouldn't bother with waiting until Natsu gets stronger. He would just beat Natsu and get it over with. That obviously wouldn't prove his strength. What would prove Ignia's strength is if Natsu beat the other god dragons, and then Ignia beat Natsu. Even if Ignia thinks the god dragons are stronger than Acno, Natsu still has to grow strong enough that beating him proves Ignia's strength.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
  • Right, so again FDK Destruction Fist was basically the equivalent of a papercut to Aldoron. Purgatory Spear Dragon Fire poked decent sized hole. Surely even if you don't think that Purgatory Spear dealt anywhere close to the full 100,000,000 damage, you can recognize that it dealt much more than FDK destruction fist did.
  • Not all of Aldoron's wood are equally durable. Thicket, for example, is made out of tougher material than the wood Aldoron used to fight Gajeel in the beginning. I would assume the body is made out of sturdiest stuff he can make. That along with the brain seed..
  • Zero wasn't, but how do you know that to be true for Aldoron and Purgatory?
  • Both Sema and Laxus' nuke are mountain level in scale, much like FDK roar or Gildart's punch. Maybe if you squeezed Zeref's army in a cube.
  • The reason Ignia wants to beat Acno is to prove his strength. If Ignia only cared about beating the guy who beat Acno, then he wouldn't bother with waiting until Natsu gets stronger. He would just beat Natsu and get it over with. That obviously wouldn't prove his strength. What would prove Ignia's strength is if Natsu beat the other god dragons, and then Ignia beat Natsu. Even if Ignia thinks the god dragons are stronger than Acno, Natsu still has to grow strong enough that beating him proves Ignia's strength.
-Sure, more, by an indeterminable amount
-Is it? Gajeel didn't even need to go metal on thicket.
-Because the difference in strength between Zero and Natsu is proportional to the difference in strength between Aldaron and Natsu. Zero is prob around X4 Natsu, Aldaron is prob the same.
-You could fit Zeref's army on a mountain easily, head to the football where I'm from and you fit 100,000, and that's just the seats.(The nuke even being just X100,000 Neinhart is still bullshit)
-Which is why the foe that beat Acno matters more than beating people he already knows are stronger, reputation matters. And sure, he wants a good fight from Natsu, steam rolling him would be no fun, but he already knows for a fact that he's weaker than all of them. And at the end of the day Natsu probably isn't going to be as strong as any of them, he's prob gonna eat Ignia's fire and be the same tier as he was when he beat Merc, maybe a bit stronger.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,067
Reaction score
3,164
Age
37
Country
United States
- "I'll win next time , definitely-"
There are the words of a looser. (Erza)

- "That's my line" claim that Laxus admits to be a loser too, as it refered to "I'll win next time, definitely".
-"I'm also out of magic" : Laxus admits to be in same condition as Erza : empty and can't continue as well if needed.

When your brother or mine say "I will win NEXT TIME" he seeks revenge because he was defeated this day.
What do you answer when this happens ?
I personally answer "And I will win AGAIN" because I admit a clear win this day. Not" That's my line" which mean "I do not deserve THIS victory and want a rematch to defeat you as well".
So is every Protagonist who’s on empty after they put their opponent down also a tie? Yusuke against Toguro, or Sensui. Goku against, well anybody. An the fact he just put Kyria down, being out of magic after fighting two Erza tier combatants kinda steals your thunder. You’re splitting hairs on the wording to make this a tie.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Laxus himself felt it was a tie because it was not a satisfying win for him.

But it was still a win. Erza couldn't get up and lost consciousness while Laxus was still standing strong. He only relaxed and fell to the ground once she was out. A close win, but still a win nonetheless.

If Laxus hadn't just fought Kyria he would have likely fared better against Erza too but does that only matters if you guys are discussing who's stronger. If the discussion is only "who won" then it doesn't matter who was more tired than who in the beginning.
 

Ronin31

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
1,831
Gender
Male
Country
France
You’re splitting hairs on the wording to make this a tie.
Laxus's "That's my line" correlate Erza's "I will win Next Time". Not "I will win Again". "Next Time" means "I didn't win This Time". For both of them.
It's not wording, it's Laxus's statement.

Kyria put a "Double KO". Mashima's cover put a "Double KO".
Laxus wasn't resting, he felt unconscious 5 seconds after Erza. You put a win for seconds ?
END won his battle vs Devil Force Grey as well because Grey felt 2 seconds before ? Sorry, I also put a draw battle here.

No, it's not like Goku. He usually can't move and yes, is resting but is still conscious and can talk with his friends. Kyria was about to eat him and was on him. Laxus wasn't aware of her or he is suicidal.

Circumstances only work for Laxus. Not when Erza held her strength in Round 1 fighting a very powerful "Friend" who used his deadly weapons on her and dealt massive damages while Erza not. I personaly think it's more an handicap than destroying Kyria without being wounded just before.


But ok, you are right, people. We can agree to disagree.

As usual here, it's pointless speaking about Laxus or Erza. I give you the point.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,067
Reaction score
3,164
Age
37
Country
United States
Laxus's "That's my line" correlate Erza's "I will win Next Time". Not "I will win Again". "Next Time" means "I didn't win This Time". For both of them.
It's not wording, it's Laxus's statement.

Kyria put a "Double KO". Mashima's cover put a "Double KO".
Laxus wasn't resting, he felt unconscious 5 seconds after Erza. You put a win for seconds ?
END won his battle vs Devil Force Grey as well because Grey felt 2 seconds before ? Sorry, I also put a draw battle here.

No, it's not like Goku. He usually can't move and yes, is resting but is still conscious and can talk with his friends. Kyria was about to eat him and was on him. Laxus wasn't aware of her or he is suicidal.

Circumstances only work for Laxus. Not when Erza held her strength in Round 1 fighting a very powerful "Friend" who used his deadly weapons on her and dealt massive damages while Erza not. I personaly think it's more an handicap than destroying Kyria without being wounded just before.


But ok, you are right, people. We can agree to disagree.

As usual here, it's pointless speaking about Laxus or Erza. I give you the point.
Who denies he said that? What we disagree on is what it means. You argue as though she unlocked some secret level of power, I think it was clearly a difference of how she fought. How I fight my brother vs how I fight joe smoe on the street. How she fought Natsu during his challenge bs how she fought Jellal in tower of heaven. She got serious.


Remember when Laxus himself said it was a tie......(?)
No, I don’t. Cause he didn’t say it was a tie. That’s literally the entire debate we are having. How you got it was a tie out of what he acruallystated.
 

Ronin31

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
1,831
Gender
Male
Country
France
What we disagree on is what it means.
For me the meaning is clear. But we can agree to disagree, no problem with that :).
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
No, I don’t. Cause he didn’t say it was a tie. That’s literally the entire debate we are having. How you got it was a tie out of what he acruallystated.
Then I suggest you pay attention to these scans.....there is no debate.

Kek
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Then I suggest you pay attention to these scans.....there is no debate.

Kek
Both Laxus and Ezra are just say that if they fight again both will try to win. Thing is it would still have the same meaning if Laxus didn’t go down as well.
 
Top