Voting Round 1 - Midora vs. Broly (DBS) | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Midora vs. Broly (DBS)

Who wins?

• Midora

• Broly

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
If you have ever read db then you would have known what ki control is. Db characters can control the power of their attack snd sll round destruction. This is why they don't destroy the planet with each of their attacks.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

goku casually punches away a ki blast that instant destroys a planet. And this is only z goku during frieza saga. gohan destroys a planet.

Kid buu destroys entire galaxy and planets

And here we have people who says that goku or vegeta aren't even planet level
Tbf all those feats are anime only. I went back and checked just in case.

Freezer in Namek is a planet buster though and on this re-read I saw both him and Goku saying he held his power too much otherwise he could had easily exploded the planet in an instant, not the way it happened.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

To be fair, that was just Neo's preference of preoperation and flavor. Neo is a wild, digusting boi.
Disgusting boys got no taste.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Freezer in Namek is a planet buster though and on this re-read I saw both him and Goku saying he held his power too much otherwise he could had easily exploded the planet in an instant, not the way it happened.
This raises a question. If Frieza Saga SSJ Goku would destroy the planet in an instant with his real power and current SSB Goku is so exponentially stronger, how do they currently manage to bypass eachothers' durability while holding back so much? Assuming logically that durability scales with the rest of their power.

Could this be the secret why DB fights take so many episodes?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
This raises a question. If Frieza Saga SSJ Goku would destroy the planet in an instant with his real power and current SSB Goku is so exponentially stronger, how do they currently manage to bypass eachothers' durability while holding back so much? Assuming logically that durability scales with the rest of their power.

Could this be the secret why DB fights take so many episodes?
Lmao. Well, the most straightforward answer is that they aren't holding back but controlling their powers so that they only affect their target. If they don't they can die collaterally (basically what happens with Freezer in Namek) which isn't in their best interests.

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'll have to give this to Hardy. What he mean is like how Goku adjusted his blows to neutralize Beerus' punches so they wouldn't destroy the universe.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Lmao. Well, the most straightforward answer is that they aren't holding back but controlling their powers so that they only affect their target. If they don't they can die collaterally (basically what happens with Freezer in Namek) which isn't in their best interests.
But what about when their attacks miss and hit anything else on Earth with that much concentrated power? I've seen that happen from time to time.

I know that's likely the actual official explanation but it feels like Toriyama making excuses. :grumble Some of the fights are visually cool but the theoretical powerscaling behind them is worse than Fairy Tail.

I'll have to give this to Hardy. What he mean is like how Goku adjusted his blows to neutralize Beerus' punches so they wouldn't destroy the universe.
How do you stop a blow that can destroy the universe from destroying it? Wouldn't the way to stop it be to apply a similar opposite force and hence destroy it twofold from the impact?

I'm not saying these things for the Broly vs Midora. This is just going offtopic to discuss how can their theoretical strength make any sense.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
But what about when their attacks miss and hit anything else on Earth with that much concentrated power? I've seen that happen from time to time.

I know that's likely the actual official explanation but it feels like Toriyama making excuses. :grumble Some of the fights are visually cool but the theoretical powerscaling behind them is worse than Fairy Tail.
Most of the time those attacks just don't ever find a target but yeah it's dumb.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

How do you stop a blow that can destroy the universe from destroying it? Wouldn't the way to stop it be to apply a similar opposite force and hence destroy it twofold from the impact?

I'm not saying these things for the Broly vs Midora. This is just going offtopic to discuss how can their theoretical strength make any sense.
Yeah it kind of derailed (and I'm sorry to give continuation to it) but I think it meant to work like an absorb or something like that. If something is thrown at you, you can use your body to stop the momentum of that travel/shot. The impact does still exist but it's only affect you and not your surrounding IF your body can contain it. Goku might've used his body as a way to stop the impact - which somehow would mean his durability is 'universe' level.

Abou Broly, he kind of have a hax to adapt his opponent's abilities and techniques. Be it physical or energy based. Like when he leveled his attributes to match Goku and Vegeta or their base and then transformed forms - but looks like he have a limit to it, since Gogeta Blue stomped him to the point that he went from laughing at your face like a madmen from mother I shit my pants -, or when he copied Goku's God Bind technique.

Blakestnight666

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Disgusting boys got no taste.
Both the anime and manga are canon. Toriyama himself has said that dragon ball is both the manga and anime.

There is a thing called ki control. Most db charwcters use it. They can attack at specific point with a terrifying damage. Which is called AP or attack potency. To understand DB fighting you must know what AP is

If they miss they simply explode the attack and control the radius of destruction. This is one of the most common things to know about DB. Seriously you don't know anything about db

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Both the anime and manga are canon. Toriyama himself has said that dragon ball is both the manga and anime.
He can say whatever he wants, it's an empty and ridiculous statement. If that is the case then we have to believe that Yamcha can one hit KO Cell at the end of DBZ and was a competetent backup to fight Buu.

Also you got me curious about the quote and its context as this recollection makes it sounf like Tori sees those as different canons in different parallels.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
He can say whatever he wants, it's an empty and ridiculous statement. If that is the case then we have to believe that Yamcha can one hit KO Cell at the end of DBZ and was a competetent backup to fight Buu.

Also you got me curious about the quote and its context as this recollection makes it sounf like Tori sees those as different canons in different parallels.

Pretty much. The dragon ball franchise is a multiverse which includes the game, movies etc.And all the important scenes have been shown in dragon ball z kai which has been outright stated to be canon to the manga. And what's more tien was able to stop 2nd form cell for quite some time. And this is yamcha who has been training in the other world for quite some times. So it's not hard to believe that yamcha could beat 2nd form cell or could contend with final form cell for some times

The anime is as much canon as the manga especially super and lol at bringing a reddit post here out of everything. That post is to probably low ball db and it's clear by how he misinterprets toriyamas words when he says what toriyama intended or not.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Pretty much. The dragon ball franchise is a multiverse which includes the game, movies etc.And all the important scenes have been shown in dragon ball z kai which has been outright stated to be canon to the manga. And what's more tien was able to stop 2nd form cell for quite some time. And this is yamcha who has been training in the other world for quite some times. So it's not hard to believe that yamcha could beat 2nd form cell or could contend with final form cell for some times

The anime is as much canon as the manga especially super and lol at bringing a reddit post here out of everything. That post is to probably low ball db and it's clear by how he misinterprets toriyamas words when he says what toriyama intended or not.
Yeah ok then Yamcha went from 5 digits in PL at best to a bllion (?) times more after just training a tiny bit in the other world. Also there's 2 Brolys around but no one ever references this.

I do think Super anime is worth considering canon but the feats your brought up are all from Z.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah ok then Yamcha went from 5 digits in PL at best to a bllion (?) times more after just training a tiny bit in the other world. Also there's 2 Brolys around but no one ever references this.
You do remember that the time difference in the two worlds are quite different. And why the hell would yamcha's pl be only 5 digits when he scales from tien who could supress 2nd form cell for sometimes and this is cell who is stronger than android 18 and 17 who themselves are stronger than Frieza who has hundred millions of power level. So it's absolutely wrong to say that yamcha would only have five digit power level during buu saga

And what's there to reference about two Brolys when one is a galaxy buster while the other is universe buster.

And asci said dbz kai is canon to the manga and these scenes are from kai so it wouldn't matter what you say.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yamcha never scaled with Tien, he was always considerably weaker. Tien never matched "imperfect" cell, he only held him down with hax. If they fought he would had been walked over.

The Brolys was me taking the piss

Going off topic here but yeah you cannot seriously bring z anime and movies for feats come on.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Yamcha never scaled with Tien, he wa always considerably weaker. Tien never matched "imperfect" cell, he only held him down with hax. If they fought he would had been walked over.

The Brolys was me taking the piss

Going ofdtopic here but yeah you cannot seriously bring z anime and movies for feats come on.
he scales from tien even if he is a bit weaker than him. Tien was literally stopping cell with his tri beam which is a ki attack snd cell couldn't do anything until tiez ki exhausted.

I don't care about the brolys tho

I can bring the anime feats because they are canon. You can't just say they are not canon cause they don't fit your narrative.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
he scales from tien even if he is a bit weaker than him. Tien was literally stopping cell with his tri beam which is a ki attack snd cell couldn't do anything until tiez ki exhausted.

I don't care about the brolys tho

I can bring the anime feats because they are canon. You can't just say they are not canon cause they don't fit your narrative.
Wow low ball db you seriously know nothing about it.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Wow low ball db you seriously know nothing about it.
I pretty much know most of it. You're just being hard headed to accept things. That's all.

OT: you say I don't know about db when you don't even know what ki control is or why db characters don't destroy planets with each of their moves

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Man your ball is getting lower and lower.

Midora is looking really strong now I guess there goes my vote.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Broly solos Toriko.....doesn't matter if it's DBZ or DBS.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Come on man, this thread deserves better quality salt than the one displayed in the last pages...

DB is just so painful to measure, its so damn inconsistent that there are counter-feats to almost every "feat" the characters blurt out.

Also yeah, every DB fan knows you cannot take Z/movie scenes as canon, Toei only made Toriyama's mess even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.