Voting Round 1 - Midora vs. Broly (DBS) | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Midora vs. Broly (DBS)

Who wins?

• Midora

• Broly

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yeah the problem of DB and its definition of "Universe" is that they actually aren't Universes, just a dimension of one Universe. Thats why there are """"12"""" ""universes"" and they are paired and stuff: 6-7, 5-8, 4-9 etc...

When it said Zamas became one with the Universe I assume he gained omnipresence in that dimension, so Zeno just went and destroyed it in that timeline but it looked more like a consequence of inmortality after eliminating his physical form for good (that part of the anime was cancer).

Most of the power scaling in DB is fruit of the big mouth of the characters too, see Cell and his "Solar System busting Kamehame-ha" (lol).
Characters that can die fruit of a planetary explosion cannot possibly perform those feats, like gtfoh Cell :XD

The same can be said about Moro overpowering Goku and Vegeta by absorbing a planet's energy... DB just cant be taken seriously after Frieza. Shit happens "just because" without actual thought on the implications behind it.
Yeah with Universe I meant 7, whereas Champa vs Beerus is 7 AND 6.

Hm, the way I saw Zamasu was a single universe with potential to expand, and Zeno was like "meh fuck it" and erased everything.

I agree it's dumb but it's what it is (said so before) might as well had banned DB characters, then. From what I read about Midora it doesn't sound like in Toriko they cared much about the consequences of his hacks either and just had him off himself, lol.

Dunno about Cell tbh, why not? Goku was a planet buster against Freezer but could had died in the Namek explosion.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The worst thing is you don't even know that a single energy blast from broly and gogeta destroyed the space time or them destroying space time of a different dimension with a single punch

Lol this is the most stupid argument i have ever seen. Saying that a character which can clash with goku whose punches were going to destroy the universe 7 macrosome. Do you even know what AP/DC is. By looking at your comments you surely don't know them.

Show me a scan where midora has regenerated from getting obliterated on atomic level.

Broly can create shields with which he can survive space.

Show me a scan where midora erases entire planet instantly
Show me a scan where "Broly creates a shield with which he can survive space" and I will show you Vegeta in Super screaming saiyans can't survive the vacuum of space, or Goku suffocating in the anime, or Toriyama saying they indeed can't breathe in space.

Midora has demonstrated feats with Minority World and similar techniques that work on planetary scale (on his planetary scale, which is 4x times our Earth), so while he never destroyed the planet (as he was fighting to defend it) it's basic knowledge of the manga that he can instantly erase with the skill just like he can instantly erase other people.

The argument about "a single energy blast destroying space time" is beyond silly. I already addressed that. It doesn't correlate to any exact quantity of power. You have mangas like NnT in which a character simply existing "threatens to destroy space time" despite those same characters don't actually being even country-level.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Wasn't Moro also sapping the energy of everyone in contact with the planet? It wasn't just the planet. That part of the manga is equivalent of the anime ass pull you just mentioned tho so I don't care about defending it one bit.

Blakestnight666

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah the problem of DB and its definition of "Universe" is that they actually aren't Universes, just a dimension of one Universe. Thats why there are """"12"""" ""universes"" and they are paired and stuff: 6-7, 5-8, 4-9 etc...

When it said Zamas became one with the Universe I assume he gained omnipresence in that dimension, so Zeno just went and destroyed it in that timeline but it looked more like a consequence of inmortality after eliminating his physical form for good (that part of the anime was cancer).

Most of the power scaling in DB is fruit of the big mouth of the characters too, see Cell and his "Solar System busting Kamehame-ha" (lol).
Characters that can die fruit of a planetary explosion cannot possibly perform those feats, like gtfoh Cell :XD

The same can be said about Moro overpowering Goku and Vegeta by absorbing a planet's energy... DB just cant be taken seriously after Frieza. Shit happens "just because" without actual thought on the implications behind it.
Tf you are saying. Universes in DB are actual universes with innumerable galaxies which grow infinitely. These are called macrosomes which has three universe sized dimension. You don't even know shit about db pal so stop lowballing it.

And the first thing zamasu became one with the entire timeline a. K. a the entire multiverse which contains the twelve universes. That is why zeno erases the entire timeline. You don't even know this.

Yeah which even dizenshuu the main source of DB mentions that the Kamehameha was solar system level. Show me where a character die of planet level attack.

Dude have you ever read marvel where galactus is multiverse level character who gets power by eating planets energy. Now say that to them too

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Midora modifying time at will isn't a magic spell, it's a consequence of the cells in his body duplicating themselves FTL (so he doesn't have to move his "body" to perform it) and causing the time fluctuation modifications around him by some weird physics explanations.

If you can use the argument "Broly hits so hard that he destroys space time. Midora doesn't do that so Broly is way stronger and by muh power levels he wins" I can use the argument "Midora is so fast even while standing still that he takes control over space time around him. Broly doesn't do that so he's way slower".

Different universes, different physics. It's no excuse to claim Broly can destroy the universe as he has never shown remotely similar strength.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Oh this thread isn't cute like the other one.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Tf you are saying. Universes in DB are actual universes with innumerable galaxies which grow infinitely. These are called macrosomes which has three universe sized dimension. You don't even know shit about db pal so stop lowballing it.

And the first thing zamasu became one with the entire timeline a. K. a the entire multiverse which contains the twelve universes. That is why zeno erases the entire timeline. You don't even know this.

Yeah which even dizenshuu the main source of DB mentions that the Kamehameha was solar system level. Show me where a character die of planet level attack.

Dude have you ever read marvel where galactus is multiverse level character who gets power by eating planets energy. Now say that to them too
The fact that Galactus gets called multiversal when the more impressive Neo gets slept on and called out for taking his time eating the whole universe despite only being slow to terrorize the people and make their meat tastier. A guy who eats a supernova mid-combat to power up... :noworry

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Show me a scan where "Broly creates a shield with which he can survive space" and I will show you Vegeta in Super screaming saiyans can't survive the vacuum of space, or Goku suffocating in the anime, or Toriyama saying they indeed can't breathe in space.

Midora has demonstrated feats with Minority World and similar techniques that work on planetary scale (on his planetary scale, which is 4x times our Earth), so while he never destroyed the planet (as he was fighting to defend it) it's basic knowledge of the manga that he can instantly erase with the skill just like he can instantly erase other people.

The argument about "a single energy blast destroying space time" is beyond silly. I already addressed that. It doesn't correlate to any exact quantity of power. You have mangas like NnT in which a character simply existing "threatens to destroy space time" despite those same characters don't actually being even country-level.
go watch the movie broly the legendary super saiyan where a infant broly created a energy shield with which he survived the vaccum of space.

Ok so you don't have any scans having midora erasing a planet instantly. Good good. And erasing a person =/=erasing a planet.

Lol when the thing is shown on screen and explained in the novel yet you still deny it. You are at this point getting desperate.

And lol no in nnt the character wasn't threatening to destroy time-space. It was going to destroy the land overtime.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
go watch the movie broly the legendary super saiyan where a infant broly created a energy shield with which he survived the vaccum of space.

Ok so you don't have any scans having midora erasing a planet instantly. Good good. And erasing a person =/=erasing a planet.

Lol when the thing is shown on screen and explained in the novel yet you still deny it. You are at this point getting desperate.

And lol no in nnt the character wasn't threatening to destroy time-space. It was going to destroy the land overtime.
Go read the title of the thread. This is about the canon Broly, not the DBZ non-canon Broly.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
The fact that Galactus gets called multiversal when the more impressive Neo gets slept on and called out for taking his time eating the whole universe despite only being slow to terrorize the people and make their meat tastier. A guy who eats a supernova mid-combat to power up... :noworry
Yeah eating a universe in an unquantified amount of time. Well eating supernova isn't that impressive
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Go read the title of the thread. This is about the canon Broly, not the DBZ non-canon Broly.
Broly literally created shields to defend against gogeta's attack. And he basically used all the attacks which his z counter part uses

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah with Universe I meant 7, whereas Champa vs Beerus is 7 AND 6.

Hm, the way I saw Zamasu was a single universe with potential to expand, and Zeno was like "meh fuck it" and erased everything.

I agree it's dumb but it's what it is (said so before) might as well had banned DB characters, then. From what I read about Midora it doesn't sound like in Toriko they cared much about the consequences of his hacks either and just had him off himself, lol.

Dunno about Cell tbh, why not? Goku was a planet buster against Freezer but could had died in the Namek explosion.
Yeah, when I read Midora can destroy planets by punching I was like... son... what the hell is wrong with these mangakas.

Also Goku in Namek was capable of destroying a planet by destroying its core, therefore it collapses on its own (pretty much what Freeza did before).
But Cell comes and claims his Kame can destroy the entire Solar System... seriously, Toriyama had like zero understanding of what that statement implies, if he blasts energy capable of doing that the Earth as a whole would vaporize just from releasing it, the statement is damn stupid.

Wasn't Moro also sapping the energy of everyone in contact with the planet? It wasn't just the planet. That part of the manga is equivalent of the anime ass pull you just mentioned tho so I don't care about defending it one bit.
True that, still the problem is the same, things like that should be like irrelevant to them if they truly held that "level" of power they claim, yet it marks a difference. Can Goku blast a Kame that can destroy an entire galaxy? Im pretty sure he cant, he never proved to be able to do it, its all Toriyama's big mouth.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
This guy. :XD

"Broly has never destroyed the solar system onscreen, much less a planet, but I swear he can destroy the universe".

"Midora has never destroyed the Earth despite demonstrating his skill's area of effect is many times bigger than Earth and therefore can affect it? I don't believe it he can do it!"

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain

"Broly has never destroyed the solar system onscreen, much less a planet, but I swear he can destroy the universe".

"Midora has never destroyed the Earth despite demonstrating his skill's area of effect is many times bigger than Earth and therefore can affect it? I don't believe it he can do it!"
Dude, this is basically the same as the Fate fandom, which will set "claimed" skills or an interpretation of them over the proven ones. You are in for a tough discussion~ :lmao

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah, when I read Midora can destroy planets by punching I was like... son... what the hell is wrong with these mangakas.

Also Goku in Namek was capable of destroying a planet by destroying its core, therefore it collapses on its own (pretty much what Freeza did before).
But Cell comes and claims his Kame can destroy the entire Solar System... seriously, Toriyama had like zero understanding of what that statement implies, if he blasts energy capable of doing that the Earth as a whole would vaporize just from releasing it, the statement is damn stupid.

True that, still the problem is the same, things like that should be like irrelevant to them if they truly held that "level" of power they claim, yet it marks a difference. Can Goku blast a Kame that can destroy an entire galaxy? Im pretty sure he cant, he never proved to be able to do it, its all Toriyama's big mouth.
It's as you say. That's my problem with DB. If we take their word for it, most current characters can just destroy the universe every time they fight mildly seriously.

But featwise. Sure, I can believe they can destroy a planet because some of them have done that, usually by destroying the core and making it explode on its own. But beyond that? A galaxy? Please.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India

lol man you really don't know to debate man. there is something called scaling which i doubt you can understand.

Broly scales far above goku and vegeta ssb who can contend against beerus. Goku in ssg was going to destroy the universe 7 macrosome in the clash with beerus and he punched a universe busting energy sphere and destroyed it.

You don't even know what's AP or DC. First learn about them then come and debate with me

Oh God this db low ball is beyond hilarious. Saying that goku ssb or beerus or broly is only planet level is a disgrace to any of them. I dare anyone who has guts yo say the same thing on VSbattle or comicvine. I Just dare you all. Do you have the guts?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
being slow to terrorize the people and make their meat tastier.
Wait but this is the opposite, stressed animals taste worse. Smh Toriko so unreliable, how can I believe anything you said now?

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
lol man you really don't know to debate man. there is something called scaling which i doubt you can understand.

Broly scales far above goku and vegeta ssb who can contend against beerus. Goku in ssg was going to destroy the universe 7 macrosome in the clash with beerus and he punched a universe busting energy sphere and destroyed it.

You don't even know what's AP or DC. First learn about them then come and debate with me

Oh God this db low ball is beyond hilarious. Saying that goku ssb or beerus or broly is only planet level is a disgrace to any of them. I dare anyone who has guts yo say the same thing of VSbattle or comicvine. I Just dare you all. Do you have the guts?
Man relax, we are not saying Goku is only planet level, we are saying that DB characters feats are mostly a stretch from the author that they never proved to be able to do.

Therefore Broly being able to destroy a Galaxy or stuff like that is another stretch. Im pretty sure he's more powerful than Midora, just looking at facts over speculation.

Also the VSbattle site is so full of garbage I can't take it seriously.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Oh God this db low ball is beyond hilarious. Saying that goku ssb or beerus or broly is only planet level is a disgrace to any of them. I dare anyone who has guts yo say the same thing on VSbattle or comicvine. I Just dare you all. Do you have the guts?
A "universe burstin energy sphere" that busted what universe exactly? Why was that a universe busting energy sphere? Because it was said?
DB characters are indeed all talk.

Look at you, saying I don't know how to debate just because I pointed out your hypocrisy. I won't debate further with you, but I pray you don't take that as me "running away from the lord of debates Blakestnight666". I don't enjoy talking to condescending people, and I have been clear in this very thread before that I laugh at that kind of maths powerscaling that take feats out of context and just multiply them infinitely without context despite the feats in the actual series never reflecting any such power. Mentioning VSBattle doesn't make that any better.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Wait but this is the opposite, stressed animals taste worse. Smh Toriko so unreliable, how can I believe anything you said now?
Well, don't blame me, that was actually shown in a Toriko flashback. xD Neo went from planet to planet following everyone around, individual by individual, terrorizing them just by stalking them and showing superiority and then ate them when they were the most scared. Then after eating everyone he ate the actual planet and moved on. The guy can be much faster but for some reason that was his "hunting method".

In Toriko they also "cooked planets". For example Neo's final plan in the series was cooking Earth to eat it when it was tastier. Don't ask me what cooking the planet even means but he was cooking it. That's the excuse why he didn't just eat it "raw".

Yes, Toriko was silly.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Man relax, we are not saying Goku is only planet level, we are saying that DB characters feats are mostly a stretch from the author that they never proved to be able to do.

Therefore Broly being able to destroy a Galaxy or stuff like that is another stretch. Im pretty sure he's more powerful than Midora, just looking at facts over speculation.

Also the VSbattle site is so full of garbage I can't take it seriously.
If you have ever read db then you would have known what ki control is. Db characters can control the power of their attack snd sll round destruction. This is why they don't destroy the planet with each of their attacks.

A "universe burstin energy sphere" that busted what universe exactly? Why was that a universe busting energy sphere? Because it was said?
DB characters are indeed all talk.

Look at you, saying I don't know how to debate just because I pointed out your hypocrisy. I won't debate further with you, but I pray you don't take that as me "running away from the lord of debates Blakestnight666". I don't enjoy talking to condescending people, and I have been clear in this very thread before that I laugh at that kind of maths powerscaling that take feats out of context and just multiply them infinitely without context despite the feats in the actual series never reflecting any such power. Mentioning VSBattle doesn't make that any better.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well, don't blame me, that was actually shown in a Toriko flashback. xD Neo went from planet to planet following everyone around, individual by individual, terrorizing them just by stalking them and showing superiority and then ate them when they were the most scared. Then after eating everyone he ate the actual planet and moved on. The guy can be much faster but for some reason that was his "hunting method".

In Toriko they also "cooked planets". For example Neo's final plan in the series was cooking Earth to eat it when it was tastier. Don't ask me what cooking the planet even means but he was cooking it. That's the excuse why he didn't just eat it "raw".

Yes, Toriko was silly.
goku casually punches away a ki blast that instant destroys a planet. And this is only z goku during frieza saga. gohan destroys a planet.

Kid buu destroys entire galaxy and planets

And here we have people who says that goku or vegeta aren't even planet level

Last edited by a moderator:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
To be fair, that was just Neo's preference of preoperation and flavor. Neo is a wild, digusting boi.

Status
Not open for further replies.