Fantasy - Current Lucy vs GMG Minerva | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Current Lucy vs GMG Minerva

Who would win?

• Lucy

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • Minerva

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Lucy oneshotted Jackal pre-ts while Minerva was nothing to a 9D. Now lets talk about current. Lucy landed three good hits on Jacob and outsmarts him while Minerva has been crucified by fodder... Lucy also has a high possibility of one on one with a S12 (most likely Brandish). She could also use Gemini to transform into Minerva too as Marin >>>> Minerva.

Lucy takes this low-mid diff
And when did Minerva actually got a chance to defeat a Demon Gate? You're just overpowering Lucy because she is a main character. Lol do you mean Bradman is fodder? Please, Jacob is the weakest Spriggan up to now. What does it matter if Lucy landed two or three hits at him. Minerva wouldn't have any problem to hit Jacob with her Territory. Marin is not stronger than Minerva since Minerva can use God War Magic. Yagdo Rigora will destroy Lucy.

Bliscor

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What are you talking about? Jackal tried to go serious but Lucy reacted to explosive and erected a barrier then one shotted Jackal. Jackal even feared Lucy's power. There wasn't CIS it just Lucy was that much stronger than him. Also where did you get Base Jackal was inferior to Etherious Jackal when he didn't show any difference from Base to Etherious? He actually put up more of a fight in Base lol.

Loke landed a hit, and Lucy landed two other hits which all three pushed him back which shows strength. Bcs it shows how Lucy fights and it's not like Minerva was smarter than Jacob.

Magic that can go across over a city's distance easily put Marin MP over Minerva's. Lucy would win low diff. Even Lucy pre-ts w/Aquarius Stardress would mid diff her as she could one shot. Current Lucy > Marin >>> Pre-ts Lucy > Jackal's tier 9D > GMG Minerva. As of now the Saber's do not even look stronger then their pre-ts forms. Both in current forms I'd give Minerva the benefit of the doubt and says she loses mid diff.
How was Jackal serious when he didn't even transform to his demon state? How was he serious when he was stated to toying around with Lucy on behalf of Torafusa's words. Lucy was being helped by CSK and in turn by Aquarius individually to form a water barrier. She wasn't doing shit on her own, not to mention she doesn't have the luxury anymore. How the fuck is Base Jackal about the same as Etherious Jackal? Once you transform to your etherious state your states will be massive boost. It took Natsu reaching Lightning Fire mode to defeat Etherious Jackal.

None of the hits did any considerable damage to Lucy. It's like a fly trying to hit you. Minerva is way smarter than Jacob, as seen by her intellects and cunning ways when she pitted Kagura and Erza together, and outsmarted both when she stabbed kagura by the sword to win points for her team.

I'm speechless on your last comment. Jesus christ, that is some massive downplaying of Minerva that I have ever seen and massive overrating to Lucy. Jesus.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
How was Jackal serious when he didn't even transform to his demon state? How was he serious when he was stated to toying around with Lucy on behalf of Torafusa's words. Lucy was being helped by CSK and in turn by Aquarius individually to form a water barrier. She wasn't doing shit on her own, not to mention she doesn't have the luxury anymore. How the fuck is Base Jackal about the same as Etherious Jackal? Once you transform to your etherious state your states will be massive boost. It took Natsu reaching Lightning Fire mode to defeat Etherious Jackal.
Where was this? Etherious Jackal wasn't shown to be stronger then Base in feats. Lucy did it on her own the CSK only helped restore her magic and gave her the Stardress ability the rest was on her own such as the water barrier the CSK even said he'll leave it to her. It took LFD to permanently put down Jackal after an extensive fight with his Base Form.

None of the hits did any considerable damage to Lucy. It's like a fly trying to hit you. Minerva is way smarter than Jacob, as seen by her intellects and cunning ways when she pitted Kagura and Erza together, and outsmarted both when she stabbed kagura by the sword to win points for her team.
Pushing a S12 back isn't a strength feat? And that was smarter then Jacob's plan to BFR everyone in the guild with Transport then use them as leverage to get the information on FH?
I'm speechless on your last comment. Jesus christ, that is some massive downplaying of Minerva that I have ever seen and massive overrating to Lucy. Jesus.
Lol downplay my ass the girl was peeing her pants in front of a 9D and then got amped to only get slaughtered by Erza's fist. Jesus defeating a 9D that can blow up towns in seconds is somehow less then a girl who was the 9D's pet. The downplay on Lucy is real.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And when did Minerva actually got a chance to defeat a Demon Gate? You're just overpowering Lucy because she is a main character. Lol do you mean Bradman is fodder? Please, Jacob is the weakest Spriggan up to now. What does it matter if Lucy landed two or three hits at him. Minerva wouldn't have any problem to hit Jacob with her Territory. Marin is not stronger than Minerva since Minerva can use God War Magic. Yagdo Rigora will destroy Lucy.
That's the point she couldn't... How do you know an S12 fought them bcs last time I checked the main Saber team was only shown to be held by Albareth fodder and none of the S12 were in sight. Also they fled as soon as Bradman hit the scene. Yado Rigora did jack squat to pre-1st-ts Erza and you think that has anything on Jackal explosions? Lucy would tank that spell rather easily, it was a flashy attack and all but had no power behind it. Lol Minerva's going to hit Jacob with what feats? Marin is stronger adversary as he has better feats and range ability than Minerva has ever shown.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
That's the point she couldn't... How do you know an S12 fought them bcs last time I checked the main Saber team was only shown to be held by Albareth fodder and none of the S12 were in sight. Also they fled as soon as Bradman hit the scene. Yado Rigora did jack squat to pre-1st-ts Erza and you think that has anything on Jackal explosions? Lucy would tank that spell rather easily, it was a flashy attack and all but had no power behind it. Lol Minerva's going to hit Jacob with what feats? Marin is stronger adversary as he has better feats and range ability than Minerva has ever shown.
No Minerva indeed couldn't because she was WITH Tartaros. This is no excuse to say Lucy is stronger because she defeated a Nine Demon Gate and Minerva didn't. An awful excuse tbh.

Do you actually think both Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus were defeated by Alvarez soldiers? Lol. It's pretty logic they're defeated by Bradman since he appeared before them.

Yagdo Rigora is a lot stronger than Jackal's explosions. Yagdo Rigora's AoE is much higher. Please tell me how Lucy would tank such a spell.

Minerva is the queen from space. It wouldn't surprise me if she could track Jacob down.

Marin has better feats? Lol nope. Minerva has God War Magic which makes her a lot stronger than Marin. She has a better spell diversity.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Let's for arguement sake say Lucy doesn't use Marin who Gemini has already Copied thus would be part of current Lucy's power.

Lucy with Gemini and Gemini Stardress could basically turn into Minerva. Not to mention Horolgium could easily counter Minerva spacial magic and tank her Nukes. So basically all Lucy would needed to do to win this battle is Summon Horolgium and cast Urano Metria thus one shotting Minerva, who has no feats of tanking anything on Urano Metria level. Or Lucy and Gemini can both transform into Minerva and take her down. 2 Minervas>1 Minerva. Or Lucy could simply use Auarius water Mode to block Minerva Nukes and cast Urano Metria.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
No Minerva indeed couldn't because she was WITH Tartaros. This is no excuse to say Lucy is stronger because she defeated a Nine Demon Gate and Minerva didn't. An awful excuse tbh.
She was their pet project she wasn't anything to a 9D.

Do you actually think both Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus were defeated by Alvarez soldiers? Lol. It's pretty logic they're defeated by Bradman since he appeared before them.
They wouldn't be alive if they fought Bradman as he kills his opponents with his Death Magic. They fled as soon as he hit the scene so unless they got slaughter by another S12 it's assumed that the fodder took them down.

Yagdo Rigora is a lot stronger than Jackal's explosions. Yagdo Rigora's AoE is much higher. Please tell me how Lucy would tank such a spell.
You are beyond overestimating that fodder spell. The attack did nothing to a Pre-1st TimeSkip Erza and you'd think that'd to do anything to Jackal? No, her AoE was far less then Jackal's by a lot.
Yagdo Rigora:

Jackal's Explosions:
Minerva would get pummeled by Jackel.

Minerva is the queen from space. It wouldn't surprise me if she could track Jacob down.
Space Queen lol you mean Lucy the Space Queen as she'll be the one to rule over the stars at the EoS. I'm guessing she's going to track Jacob with these imaginary feats you're giving her.
Marin has better feats? Lol nope. Minerva has God War Magic which makes her a lot stronger than Marin. She has a better spell diversity.
War God magic that did jack squat to a Tenrou lvl opponent... yeah that makes her marginally weaker than Marin by a lot. Marin Edicts of Space Magic is better then both her Territory and War God magic so it doesn't matter of diversity. Current Lucy low diffs GMG Minerva and low-mid diffs current Minerva.

Bliscor

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Where was this? Etherious Jackal wasn't shown to be stronger then Base in feats. Lucy did it on her own the CSK only helped restore her magic and gave her the Stardress ability the rest was on her own such as the water barrier the CSK even said he'll leave it to her. It took LFD to permanently put down Jackal after an extensive fight with his Base Form.

Pushing a S12 back isn't a strength feat? And that was smarter then Jacob's plan to BFR everyone in the guild with Transport then use them as leverage to get the information on FH?

Lol downplay my ass the girl was peeing her pants in front of a 9D and then got amped to only get slaughtered by Erza's fist. Jesus defeating a 9D that can blow up towns in seconds is somehow less then a girl who was the 9D's pet. The downplay on Lucy is real.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lucy was assisted by CSK and Aquarius. Restoring her magic means she was able to form the water boost to prevent Base Jackal's weak attacks from hitting her.

The fact that Natsu had to rely on LFD to defeat Etherious Jackal is enough to reason that he is > Base Jackal in feats.

She was pushing S12 Back? More like she got dominated and manhandled during their exchange. She got a shot on when Jacob was caught off-guard and produced a character induced stupidity moment. What came of Jacob's plan? He failed, and Minerva didn't.

Yes, downplay. The overrating of Lucy and the wank she's getting right now is embarrassing. Minerva didn't get slaughtered, she forfeited because of nakama power. Big difference.

Minerva low diffs Lucy, end of discussion. Disgusting how this is even an argument.

Let's for arguement sake say Lucy doesn't use Marin who Gemini has already Copied thus would be part of current Lucy's power.

Lucy with Gemini and Gemini Stardress could basically turn into Minerva. Not to mention Horolgium could easily counter Minerva spacial magic and tank her Nukes. So basically all Lucy would needed to do to win this battle is Summon Horolgium and cast Urano Metria thus one shotting Minerva, who has no feats of tanking anything on Urano Metria level. Or Lucy and Gemini can both transform into Minerva and take her down. 2 Minervas>1 Minerva. Or Lucy could simply use Auarius water Mode to block Minerva Nukes and cast Urano Metria.

What makes you believe Gemini can transport to Minerva?

What makes you believe Lucy has the same level of magical power as Minerva?

Horologium can tank nukes now? This is just plain laughable. I have no words to even describe this.

Urano Metria has feats of oneshotting characters with shit durability. Minerva was durable enough to take on attacks from Kagura and Erza.

Face it. Enough with the Lucy overrating. She gets tossed around, and low diffed.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you forgetting Gemini can only transform to Marin if she can see him? Minerva oneshots all of Lucy's fodder spirits and whops her butt.
No thy can transform into Marin as long as they have him in their data. And the fact he is, they can indeed turn into him and because of this, its so far I can think of the only thing I know can make her win

Synn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Considering Lucy can summon two spirits and use her stardresses, I'd say she takes this. Mid-high difficulty.

She can use Sagitarius' stardress to hit Minerva, and summon Leo and Gemini for backup. I don't think GMG Minerva would last very long in this scenario, but she would put up a good fight.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't Minerva teleport Lucy's keys away like she did during the naval battle? Or is that restricted in this fight?

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't Minerva teleport Lucy's keys away like she did during the naval battle? Or is that restricted in this fight?
No its not, apparently just summoning the CSK is. If Lucy hurries and summons a spirit and/or Star Dress then she should be at least ok enough to fight

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Lucy mid diff. She is overwhelmingly more powerful than before. Her biggest weakness (physical) has been circumnavigated by her dresses which give her access to the power of her spirits like Magi's Djinn equip. She is too versatile and likely has greater magical power as well.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Minerva. Lucy could not even take anyone out during the Avatar arc. her best feat is coming up with a strategy against Jacob and confusing the heck out of Brandish by making her consider neutrality. Minerva's GMG feats serve her better. Also, Lucy's barrier against Jackal,that saved her, looked more like remnant magic from Aquarius that she set up beforehand as a fail-safe.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'd say Minerva wins.
Lucy is way stronger than she used to be, but not quite enough to defeat Minerva imo.
Minerva can just steal Lucy's keys like back in the days, and Lucy wouldn't be able to do anything.
Lucy can't summon Marin, it would cancel her magic, she'd be fucked as well.
Urano Metria is extremely powerful, if she manages to land a hit she COULD maybe get the win. That's her only way though, and i don't see Minerva staying stationnary - especially considering she can just manipulate space to teleport, even switch place with Lucy...

Nah, i don't see Lucy winning it.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
As far as I'm concerned, Minerva is to Lucy what Bluenote is to Natsu -- fodder. Lucy had yet to unleash her current powers but with what she had shown thus far coupled with power-scaling, Minerva is simply doomed.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I think Lucy will surprise us when she'll unleash her power after that one year of training. Keep in mind that when Natsu and her met again in Avatar arc, she thought she could give Natsu a good match. That confidence was ridiculous considering Natsu's gigantic growth over the year, but that would mean she thinks she's Tartaros Natsu level - which is already an enormous growth. We can question if she indeed is able to defeat Minerva now.
I think she can defeat Minerva, but from what we've seen so far this is only speculations. We didn't see a whole lot from Lucy. She could have become more powerful than Minerva, but Minerva could have trained as well.
From what we've seen so far (thus talking only about feats), Minerva takes this.