Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Zorra_akuma

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
new trailer: But also some new scenes with mel and zel and as well as zeldris by himself: https://dengekionline.com/articles/84138/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

GOD BLESS YOU NAKABA
--- Double Post Merged, ---

new trailer: But also some new scenes with mel and zel and as well as zeldris by himself: https://dengekionline.com/articles/84138/

GOD BLESS YOU NAKABA
from that article with the mel and zel pics: "At first, I was worried about how to draw the sense of distance between Meliodas and Zeldris," said Takayuki Hamana, the director of this film.  "" We are not in conflict, but we are a little stubborn about each other. The brothers, who agree with each other but don't put it into words, join hands through this case and are tied together with a strong bond. " We can hear the interaction with the author, Mr. Nakaba Suzuki, and firmly draw the relationship between Meliodas and Zeldris, which could not be drawn in the movie version until now.  In addition, Rintaro Ikeda, the scriptwriter who also serves as the series composition of the TV animation, said, "Because it was full of things I wanted to see, including the stories of my brothers, it was only in my heart, but without permission. I decided the theme of this work as "the last <seven deadly sins>". That's right, I wanted to capture this work and stuff what I want to see because it is the last! I expanded the lines and episodes from the name. " It seems that the contents are irresistible to the fans.  Mr. Suzuki commented to the fans that the highlight was "the exchange of the brothers of Meliodas and Zeldris who would have wanted to see after the characters that were not drawn in the original story", and the "last" drawn by the teacher. Expectations are rising for the story!  Please look forward to the "last story" that depicts the flashy action that rampages on a huge screen and the hot bonds of your friends!

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
This applies to a lot of characters though?

Meliodas didn't train for the power to break the curse, he was simply given it because of the same reasons you've outlined for Elizabeth. Just one example.
"A lot of characters?"

I would argue it's every damn character in the series. The only possible exception might be Zeldris, but that's a stretch since his training and desire to gain the throne was off screen.

What is worrisome exactly? Movies are usually around 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
And 90% of the times they fail.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
What is worrisome exactly? Movies are usually around 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
The duration of course :headscratch, what else can be [a bit] worrisome?

Movies USUALLY have a duration of about 90 minutes, you say, but that's a simple pattern when you look at them retrospectively, instead of a rule or necessity.

Most of those movies you talk about have a very simple plot with a single climax. They focus on the development of one character or two and backstories are very brief and plot oriented. Still the resolution feels unearned or mixed with some degrees of asspull most of the times.

What actually decides the duration of a movie is not the Norm, but the amount of data you want to put in. Look at Godfather series, Lord of the Rings series, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Seven Samurai, and Star wars series among countless other titles and you'll understand what is the norm for a movie that contains a more complicated plot and a ton of important characters, places, and story elements to cover.

Cursed by Light is gonna show us a marriage ceremony interrupted by an attack which calls for a reaction. Another attack to the demon realm, at least two demon prince duo battales and a seven deadly sins combined effort at some point. Three new characters who are in need of a proper introduction and a minimal backstory. A flashback is guaranteed unless Nakaba decides on massacring Escanor haters by bringing him up in the current timeline. We are gonna see how Zeldris rules the demon realm and his interaction with the minions is mentioned. Elizabeth is most probably gonna have a moment with her lamp headed mother and there might possibly be a god-tier-like power up for one of the three main characters of the movie (Meliodas, Zeldris, or Elizabeth).
The movie even features Arthur and Merlin and the chart shows a battle between Allied army and Arthur.

So which class do you think Cursed by Light naturally belongs to? Then you may find out why the duration makes me worried a bit

"A lot of characters?"

I would argue it's every damn character in the series. The only possible exception might be Zeldris, but that's a stretch since his training and desire to gain the throne was off screen.
Isn't Ban the true exception? The dude had decades of training in purgatory and both his newfound durability and gift were not only earned, but happened in the current timeline, and it happened onscreen.

Last edited:

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
The duration of course :headscratch, what else can be [a bit] worrisome?

Movies USUALLY have a duration of about 90 minutes, you say, but that's a simple pattern when you look at them retrospectively, instead of a rule or necessity.

Most of those movies you talk about have a very simple plot with a single climax. They focus on the development of one character or two and backstories are very brief and plot oriented. Still the resolution feels unearned or mixed with some degrees of asspull most of the times.

What actually decides the duration of a movie is not the Norm, but the amount of data you want to put in. Look at Godfather series, Lord of the Rings series, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Seven Samurai, and Star wars series among countless other titles and you'll understand what is the norm for a movie that contains a more complicated plot and a ton of important characters, places, and story elements to cover.

Cursed by Light is gonna show us a marriage ceremony interrupted by an attack which calls for a reaction. Another attack to the demon realm, at least two demon prince duo battales and a seven deadly sins combined effort at some point. Three new characters who are in need of a proper introduction and a minimal backstory. A flashback is guaranteed unless Nakaba decides on massacring Escanor haters by bringing him up in the current timeline. We are gonna see how Zeldris rules the demon realm and his interaction with the minions is mentioned. Elizabeth is most probably gonna have a moment with her lamp headed mother and there might possibly be a god-tier-like power up for one of the three main characters of the movie (Meliodas, Zeldris, or Elizabeth).
The movie even features Arthur and Merlin and the chart shows a battle between Allied army and Arthur.

So which class do you think Cursed by Light naturally belongs to? Then you may find out why the duration makes me worried a bit

Isn't Ban the true exception? The dude had decades of training in purgatory and both his newfound durability and gift were not only earned, but happened in the current timeline, and it happened onscreen.
Um, that was also offscreen. The only "training" we saw from Ban was him wandering around blindly and fighting Dragon Meliodas though that's a stretch, itself.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
we are getting more movie news tommorrow!

everyone on twitter is saying it might have to do with zel and gelda and based on that first emoji im inclined to believe its true
CAUSE THATS LITTERALLY A VAMPIRE EMOJI
and we havent seen her much in any of the trailers sooooo
makes sense

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Man just give me some Mael action

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States

We got some new drafts today!

I will say I’m glad their (mel and zel's) relationship isn’t just magically fixed and they still need to work out some stuff and get used to each other. And we get to see them get closer as the movie goes on. It’s exactly what I wanted

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
New Cursed By Light Teaser focused on Gelda and Zeldris! Suzuki Nakaba's comment: "I wanted everyone to see the characters happy after overcoming various obstacles and challenges in the original story." We see Zel like never before.

Zel looks so cool with green eyes!!

Also ... :XD

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
IM CRYING ZELDRIS AND GELDA ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER HE WAS SO HAPPY ABOUT BEING ABLE TO CATCH A FISH FOR GELDA AND COOK IT FOR THEM MY FUCKING HEART

new trailer:
In the video, you can see the scenes of Zeldris and Gerda spending a happy time on the ground. In addition, Meliodas and Elizabeth joined together to capture the appearance of two couples who overcame the hardships of the previous series. Suzuki, the original author, said that the point of interest of this work is "One story of brothers. The other is that I wanted everyone to see the characters who are happy by overcoming various problems and challenges in the original. "There was," he said. "I also drew the interaction between Zeldris and Gerda, who secretly became popular in the latter half of the series after the characters that were not drawn in the original. I think it's a little interesting, so I definitely want you to see that as well. " "The Seven Deadly Sins The Movie: Those Cursed by Light" will be released on July 2nd

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
This isn't a trailer it's just a small segment of the movie 🤦‍♂️

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Weren't vampires supposed to be vulnerable to sunlight? I thought that's why Gelda covered herself in darkness the last time she was out and about during the day. Then again I think that ability was turned off when she entered Zeldris' mind so maybe it's not that serious.

Now that I think about it, the go-to solution for almost every problem like this is always some kind of an invention by Merlin. Want to make babies with your much smaller husband? Take some shrinking pills. Need to prevent the sun from activating your magic? Just wear glasses. Perhaps Gelda is wearing anti-sun contact lenses that put all the sunscreen manufacturers in Britannia out of business.

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Weren't vampires supposed to have been vulnerable to sunlight? I thought that's why Gelda covered herself in darkness the last time she was out and about during the day. Then again I think that ability was turned off when she entered Zeldris' mind so maybe it's not that serious.
if i had to guess i would think maybe zeldris's blood has something to do with it? perhaps

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Weren't vampires supposed to be vulnerable to sunlight? I thought that's why Gelda covered herself in darkness the last time she was out and about during the day. Then again I think that ability was turned off when she entered Zeldris' mind so maybe it's not that serious.

Now that I think about it, the go-to solution for almost every problem like this is always some kind of an invention by Merlin. Want to make babies with your much smaller husband? Take some shrinking pills. Need to prevent the sun from activating your magic? Just wear glasses. Perhaps Gelda is wearing anti-sun contact lenses that put all the sunscreen manufacturers in Britannia out of business.
Or it would be thanks to a healthy dose of plot armor no jutsu. :catshrug

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I legit bet the excuse will be that she was able to create something after observing Escanor's Sunshine magic.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
IM CRYING ZELDRIS AND GELDA ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER HE WAS SO HAPPY ABOUT BEING ABLE TO CATCH A FISH FOR GELDA AND COOK IT FOR THEM MY FUCKING HEART

new trailer:
In the video, you can see the scenes of Zeldris and Gerda spending a happy time on the ground. In addition, Meliodas and Elizabeth joined together to capture the appearance of two couples who overcame the hardships of the previous series. Suzuki, the original author, said that the point of interest of this work is "One story of brothers. The other is that I wanted everyone to see the characters who are happy by overcoming various problems and challenges in the original. "There was," he said. "I also drew the interaction between Zeldris and Gerda, who secretly became popular in the latter half of the series after the characters that were not drawn in the original. I think it's a little interesting, so I definitely want you to see that as well. " "The Seven Deadly Sins The Movie: Those Cursed by Light" will be released on July 2nd
Translation of the clip:
Zeldris: Gelda, look at this! The fish here on earth is smaller than the one in the Demon World, but it seems much tastier and fatter!
Gelda: Honey, you seem to be in a good mood, don't you?
Zeldris: But of course I am! Because I am going to eat a lot and delicious, my fish will be delicious. And for sure Gelda's rice will be delicious too! That's what I think.
Gelda: You are so cute.
Zeldris: Gelda. Seriously, you're bugging me.
Meliodas: What are you doing !?
Elizabeth: Are we bothering them?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

New draft featuring Mel and zel

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

I interpreted it as Gelda not being able to live outside a dark environment for an extended period of time. Meliodas did mention it as a reason why Zeldris declined his offer to join him in leaving the Demon realm and going to Britannia.

A day or two is probably fine for vampires, any longer probably hurts them though?