Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 498 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 498 Spoilers & Discussion

sazon

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What the hell are you talking about? Season 3 Bam has more wins than Season 2 ever did.
When did Baam appropriately win a fight in which his opponent was seriously fighting in season 3?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You guys expect more from Baam than the author himself, lmao

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
What the hell are you talking about? Season 3 Bam has more wins than Season 2 ever did.
Wins over what? For the most part, literal nameless jobber characters.

I've seen nothing from him, narratively speaking, that could hold a candle to his previous climactic fights with White and Data Zahard. He's become a glorified side character, and SIU seems quite happy to make him look pathetically outclassed against any worthwhile opponent.

You guys expect more from Baam than the author himself, lmao
That's pretty much always been the case. I do unapologetically expect an Irregular to be an Irregular.

Tony_Sylar

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
When did Baam appropriately win a fight in which his opponent was seriously fighting in season 3?
Bam's first appearance in Season 3, just destroying all those watch-dogs and humiliated that Canine person.
Bam's fight against Varagarv, again, Bam humiliated his opponent.
Bam's fight with Ghost, a character that could use an Irregular skill. Ghost didn't lose since he left the fight after regenerating himself, but he didn't beat Bam either.
Bam beating a Canine Ranker.
Bam surviving a fight against a strong High Ranker like Gado.
Bam officially beating a Test Ranker.
Bam vs Charlie, 2nd round. Another fight where Bam's opponent left but even Charlie himself states that Bam wasn't using his full power. I think he mentions Bam not even using 10% of his power.

There have been so many badass moments from Bam in season 3. Claiming that Bam is pathetic in season 3 compared to season 2 is just stupid.

Anzere1stclass

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Well, that last panel of White is really something... Can't wait for the translations. Need to understand what the hell they were saying to each other.
I think white told Bam that he killed and devoured Prince Judging by Bam reaction it seem likely he found out about it

White is completly on another level bro even if bam is on rampage white will control bam like his toy . Kallavan could put in ond punch bam in sleep and now imagine white who is attack is 10 more powerful and more bloody than kallavan who use just his punch
Bam has become much more powerful than before if goes berserk he will probably give some serious wound to white till now bam haven't used all his Power even against kallavan the current bam was able to give kallavan a pain in his whole body so it seems likely he will be able to fight white and beside kallavan is more powerful than White kallavan was not fighting white with all his Power

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Baam is eventually going to have to prevail
Bro you know he is already in max out 100% . Only thing he can is use his hax and white showed with just maybe 20 % by playing with bam body he could do nothing even aria is more efficient than bam now . Bam only advatage is knowledge on white style and raw power by his hax
Baam is not maxed out! He’s not using the souls(wings are not white), the horns have not fully formed, no BM, and no orbs lol!!!

Hax powers? I guess Prime White is all hax right? He burns souls lol!

Tony_Sylar

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I've seen nothing from him, narratively speaking, that could hold a candle to his previous climactic fights with White and Data Zahard.
Climatic fights? Bam vs White in the Hell Train? Yeah, I really liked that moment where Bam got a random boost of power from White's clone and then defeated White like it was nothing. Really intense stuff. Not cheap, whatsoever.
The fight with Data Jahad was cool to read but again, that whole Arc was building towards Bam being able to defeat Data Jahad. He spent a month trainning with Eduan. I wasn't expecting him to lose.
Right now, him winning against someone on the level of White or Kallavan just because he's an Irregular and he's supposed to win, it wouldn't work for me. There needs to be reason for him to beat them and not just brute strength. I would like to see Bam doing what White has told him, combine all his powers into One. Then they fight, Bam manages to injure White but in the end White "aborbs" him. Or so he thinks. Bam is still alive, inside White, and devours him from the inside. That's something that would work well with Bam's character. I could see that happening.

I think white told Bam that he killed and devoured Prince Judging by Bam reaction it seem likely he found out about it
Yeah, I kinda got that from all the comments in this threat talking about it. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Max12

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Baam is eventually going to have to prevail

Baam is not maxed out! He’s not using the souls(wings are not white), the horns have not fully formed, no BM, and no orbs lol!!!

Hax powers? I guess Prime White is all hax right? He burns souls lol!
Souls don't add raw power ,horn was already in max in 496 . He used his most powerful black hole sphere in chapter 496 .

He is already before the ignition. Ignition will just raw power . I think bam bandwagon power need to finish seriously only his hax help him in this fight lmfao

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Bam's first appearance in Season 3, just destroying all those watch-dogs and humiliated that Canine person.
Bam's fight against Varagarv, again, Bam humiliated his opponent.
ROFL Regulars. Seriously reaching with these.

Bam's fight with Ghost, a character that could use an Irregular skill. Ghost didn't lose since he left the fight after regenerating himself, but he didn't beat Bam either.
And this time he couldn't even properly defeat a Regular! You being serious here?

Bam beating a Canine Ranker.
Redshirt fodder mook who wasn't even named. It's something, but it's not much.

Bam surviving a fight against a strong High Ranker like Gado.
He had one notable moment here, but he was losing and needed a save from Doom (and needed help from Rak to even set that up). It would have been better if he'd finished things himself.

Bam officially beating a Test Ranker.
A feat so absolutely incredible that SIU didn't even bother to show the fight, and then mostly skimmed over any reaction to it. Pretty ho-hum altogether.

Bam vs Charlie, 2nd round. Another fight where Bam's opponent left but even Charlie himself states that Bam wasn't using his full power. I think he mentions Bam not even using 10% of his power.
Charlie only ran away from Cha, and Baam would have gotten demolished there from the get-go without Hwa Ryun.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
God SIU is a genius

Souls don't add raw power ,horn was already in max in 496 . He used his most powerful black hole sphere in chapter 496 .
Lol all this is wrong. Horns are just sketches in 496 not fully formed! Baam’s most powerful black hole sphere is called Stardust and there is 3 spheres for that move lol. White is pissed because Baam is refusing to go all out, read the t/l!!!

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hwa Ryun is soo damn cold she knew all this would happen since HT. Telling Wags about that suicide mission and telling White where to find Albeda!

Damn so even Gustang knew about this moment! I’m guessing all FHs knew about this day!

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
Siu finally ready to take this to the next level ? It’s time to make baam looks like a true monster and make white regrets all his stupid decisions he has take since his pseudo resurrection , this white plot point has taken too long. We know he can’t defeat arie hon anyways so let’s just baam finish him now no matter what it takes.

Tony_Sylar

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
And this time he couldn't even properly defeat a Regular! You being serious here?
Are you being serious? Ghost isn't a normal Regular. He's one of the mysterious characters in the story! That's like saying that Saitama from One Punch Man is actually weak because he couldn't kill that mosquito.

He had one notable moment here, but he was losing and needed a save from Doom (and needed help from Rak to even set that up). It would have been better if he'd finished things himself.
I do love that your problem is that Bam couldn't defeat Gado on his own, while most comments I've found online of people who have a problem with that fight, is that Bam defeated a High Ranker like Gado so easily. I've read that SIU has even stated that Gado couldn't go all out against Bam because Bam's a regular and Tower rules and whatnot. Interesting to find someone with a completely different

A feat so absolutely incredible that SIU didn't even bother to show the fight, and then mostly skimmed over any reaction to it. Pretty ho-hum altogether.
I disagree with this, 100%. Love the way SIU showed Bam's fight with Pan. It reminded me of the narrator from Legend of the Galactic Heroes, when he talks about important historic events.

Charlie only ran away from Cha, and Baam would have gotten demolished there from the get-go without Hwa Ryun.
Okay, what drugs are you on? It's got to be some good stuff to believe that Charlie would have "demolished" Bam. Even without Haw Ryun, Charlie would have told Bam about the poison after successfully stabbing Bam, like antagonists always do when they think they won a fight. Bam would have just done the same thing he did to get rid of the poison.

Orbs2op

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Wins over what? For the most part, literal nameless jobber characters.

I've seen nothing from him, narratively speaking, that could hold a candle to his previous climactic fights with White and Data Zahard. He's become a glorified side character, and SIU seems quite happy to make him look pathetically outclassed against any worthwhile opponent.

That's pretty much always been the case. I do unapologetically expect an Irregular to be an Irregular.
This argument is kinda dumb no one knows how strong zahard and co were when they enter the tower, or how long they took to get strong, but at this is point I'm convinced your a troll always asking for things that make no sense in universe, let me guess data z could beat prime white? Cause he is an irregular?

You been pushing this nonstop nothing in the story said irregular have to be a certain way, no one in the tower know about the beginning of their journey, just some suggestions and snippet, using urek and enryu as example makes no sense cause they are linked to axis or gods etc.

Last edited:

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I disagree with this, 100%. Love the way SIU showed Bam's fight with Pan. It reminded me of the narrator from Legend of the Galactic Heroes, when he talks about important historic events.
I really wanted a chapter dedicated to the fallout from it. Like, various of Baam's elsewhere friends and acquaintances hearing the news that he beat a Ranker and reacting to it.

Was quite disappointed when SIU just moved on to the next plot point like this didn't even matter. If the author didn't want to give it any particular emphasis, then why should the readers consider it a big deal?

Orbs2op

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Are you being serious? Ghost isn't a normal Regular. He's one of the mysterious characters in the story! That's like saying that Saitama from One Punch Man is actually weak because he couldn't kill that mosquito.

I do love that your problem is that Bam couldn't defeat Gado on his own, while most comments I've found online of people who have a problem with that fight, is that Bam defeated a High Ranker like Gado so easily. I've read that SIU has even stated that Gado couldn't go all out against Bam because Bam's a regular and Tower rules and whatnot. Interesting to find someone with a completely different

Okay, what drugs are you on? It's got to be some good stuff to believe that Charlie would have "demolished" Bam. Even without Haw Ryun, Charlie would have told Bam about the poison after successfully stabbing Bam, like antagonists always do when they think they won a fight. Bam would have just done the same thing he did to get rid of the poison.
He is a troll it doesn't matter what bam does he is gonna twist it, not just him but a lot of others are same tog is popular and well received, so they have to be contrarian read what their saying properly its obvious.

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The problem isn't how strong Baam is now, we all know he didn't enter the tower like Zahard and the others. The problem is that SIU doesn't give him enough importance, Baam just runs away from fights or is always limited by the author himself, if not a hostage it's the damn lack of energy. And always, ALWAYS the same thing "my god how does he do that, he's just a regular", damn it, even when for Baam to do something will he need others to despise him? He's a fucking irregular.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to argue that Baam defeated Gado, and I can't fathom the logic that would lead someone to think that.

You been pushing this nonstop nothing in the story said irregular have to be a certain way.
There is a definite in-universe perception about what Irregulars are 'supposed' to be, and that Baam doesn't measure up to it. We recently saw Yasratcha outright bringing this up, at the beginning of the first chapter back from the hiatus.

I'll say this, you would never have seen any of the previous Irregulars being literally stepped on by some asshole from the Tower like what we've just now seen being done to Baam. (Well, I guess Yuri did it to Urek but that wasn't something that was meant to be taken seriously).