Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
if I could though I 100% would ๐Ÿ˜ 
Case in point :pls
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I didn't want to say it because I don't want you to kill me, but I can't lie to you after being so sweet, I'm a Gemini :story

~
Please town don't let this S tier players ignored if they survive the next 3 nights.
I listed them in Tier of priority night kills in my opinion for mafia.

S tier: Hardy, Evil3Eye, Gry
A tier: Juvii, Erinyes, Asako..

Few games ago SonOfDaws won as mafia because the remaining players didn't ask the simple question: How the fuck is he still alive by D6?
Also that idea that mafia would let an S tier play for 6 days because they are trying to set him up... that just dumb get them.
Ooh, make a tier including everyone playing this game. I'm curious now.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Please town don't let this S tier players ignored if they survive the next 3 nights.
I listed them in Tier of priority night kills in my opinion for mafia.

S tier: Hardy, Evil3Eye, Gry
A tier: Juvii, Erinyes, Asako..

Few games ago SonOfDaws won as mafia because the remaining players didn't ask the simple question: How the fuck is he still alive by D6?
Also that idea that mafia would let an S tier play for 6 days because they are trying to set him up... that just dumb get them.
Wow, thanks, that quite cute putting me into the highest tier. I sort of agree with your assessment too though, but there's always the possibility for mafia to rather want to frame. Last game there was only one kill attempt on Gry and after he made it to Night 6 iirc, and we purposely let him live to have this suspensful character around so late, which was beneficial for most parts too.

That and the fact that more trusted players/playstyles are more often targets for protections.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I didn't say you are sus, you are reading the words wrong. I said trying to carefully handcraft your posts will end up having you look fake. Like, the more it goes on during the game. Older games prove this to you because this happens to you more often than to me, for example.
As for your other point, I disagree. Not pursuing your suspects so that mafia doesn't nightkill you is counter-productive. You live longer but at the cost of how many mislynches?



I don't get what you're saying here. Didn't contradict myself anywhere so if you want to continue this discussion you should try to be more clear in your wording.
I said what I said: town should play/talk in an honest way because mafia cannot afford to do so. Then Shad stops himself from pressing on Hardy to "not look inquisitive" in his words, then you back him by saying it's not odd as town to control yourself weirdly to look different to others. I'm saying this is wrong on you both.

You don't have to agree but at least read posts properly and be clear with your assessments.



You do what you want, but didn't you just say you worry how others might see odd behavior such as, say, early votelocks? ๐Ÿค”
first point, ok, sorry for misreading.
second point, I did not say anything about not pursuing suspects????? I said giving too much hints about your role, if said role is awesome, would land you on top night kill list, that's it, nothing about pursuing suspects there.

third point, you said above that what i said about trying to show your town makes you sus, then you said you need to be as honest as you can if you're town. If I'm town and I'm trying to show I'm town how is that not being honest? Hence the contradictory statements. First you say it's bad to try to show you're town then you say you gotta be very honest (hence to show you're town). Does it make sense now?

Town playing/ talking in a honest way IS what I mean by showing you're town, same thing. If you understand smth different through that sentence (trying to show you're town) please elaborate.

I have not read any part where he said that he's backing away. And i did not back him up on that particular thing (since I did not read anything like that) can you link me to said posts? " then you back him by saying it's not odd as town to control yourself weirdly to look different to others. " <- i did not say this.

on the vote part, I think everyone here is familiar with how volcanic I am. I doubt me being who I am yet again would scream "sus" and if it does, so be it, not my fault for bad readings (pun intended).
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Wow, thanks, that quite cute putting me into the highest tier. I sort of agree with your assessment too though, but there's always the possibility for mafia to rather want to frame. Last game there was only one kill attempt on Gry and after he made it to Night 6 iirc, and we purposely let him live to have this suspensful character around so late, which was beneficial for most parts too.

That and the fact that more trusted players/playstyles are more often targets for protections.
Yes, they could be protected, but in that case usually the doctor would come out to claim protecting X hopefully proved by a missing kill or something.
Also votes patterns are good if they are only 1 mafia team, if 2 gotta be more careful as they can still lynch mafia to look good.

Anyway just dropping toughts as I get them, gotta leave something for the bored D6 people to reread XD

Case in point :pls
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Ooh, make a tier including everyone playing this game. I'm curious now.
I actually stopped there on purpose to not hurt anybodies feeling.
My ranking is not based only on skill, but also perceived threat to mafia (otherwise Juvii would be S).

DD is an experienced player, but mafia likes having him as town as he looks scummy all the time for example.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I didn't want to say it because I don't want you to kill me, but I can't lie to you after being so sweet, I'm a Gemini:story

~
Please town don't let this S tier players ignored if they survive the next 3 nights.
I listed them in Tier of priority night kills in my opinion for mafia.

S tier: Hardy, Evil3Eye, Gry
A tier: Juvii, Erinyes, Asako..

Few games ago SonOfDaws won as mafia because the remaining players didn't ask the simple question: How the fuck is he still alive by D6?
Also that idea that mafia would let an S tier play for 6 days because they are trying to set him up... that just dumb get them.
oh damn Shad T_T our relationship is ruined! ๐Ÿ’”
Well at least we can still be best buds XD :story

I also wanna see a full ranking list now shad โ™ฅ
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
oh damn Shad T_T our relationship is ruined! ๐Ÿ’”
Well at least we can still be best buds XD :story
Best buds sounds good to me but be careful if not for the mechanic we would already be accused of being lovers >.<

I will complete the list based on this game and share it after :p
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
second point, I did not say anything about not pursuing suspects????? I said giving too much hints about your role, if said role is awesome, would land you on top night kill list, that's it, nothing about pursuing suspects there.
The time you said it was when I was talking to Shad about his post:

I didn't want to look like I'm trying too hard to incriminate Hardy
Which is why I'm talking about pursuing suspects. You are right, the role you have will instinctively affect how you play and one must adjust for that, but that's not really the case with Shad's reluctance here.

third point, you said above that what i said about trying to show your town makes you sus, then you said you need to be as honest as you can if you're town. If I'm town and I'm trying to show I'm town how is that not being honest? Hence the contradictory statements. First you say it's bad to try to show you're town then you say you gotta be very honest (hence to show you're town). Does it make sense now?

Town playing/ talking in a honest way IS what I mean by showing you're town, same thing. If you understand smth different through that sentence (trying to show you're town) please elaborate.
Because trying to show yourself as town is unrelated to being honest. Mafia cosplaying a townie or a townie cosplaying a townie. I'm saying I think that's unnecessary. To be stuck thinking "what would a town say" for everything can have the opposite effect if done wrong. I get what you mean, inherently it's good to be "confirmed" to others but like Shad stopping yourself from playing to not do anything wrong isn't the right approach.

I have not read any part where he said that he's backing away. And i did not back him up on that particular thing (since I did not read anything like that) can you link me to said posts? " then you back him by saying it's not odd as town to control yourself weirdly to look different to others. " <- i did not say this.
Well this is how you can easily have misunderstandings, if you enter a talk between 2 people at a certain point you are suddenly in that context, and not knowing that context will lead to the talk going nowhere like here.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I don't believe you have the right to sat that hardy when you also did randomize
Lmao what a great thing to wake up to
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Best buds sounds good to me but be careful if not for the mechanic we would already be accused of being lovers >.<

I will complete the list based on this game and share it after :p

haha, well it'd be even funnier if we ended up being given the role later on (if we survive that much)
but that would also mean one of us would have to be mafia :))))

and here you go Gry, here's an example as to how ppl could be misunderstood in this game, when in fact their words have nothing to do with said roles.
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Which is why I'm talking about pursuing suspects. You are right, the role you have will instinctively affect how you play and one must adjust for that, but that's not really the case with Shad's reluctance here.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that last sentence.
I'm not gonna keep arguing alone against Hardy while he is sleeping xD

At least wait for him to acknowledge my existence..
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Ftr I'm very confident shad is scum but I need to read like 8 pages
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Ftr I'm very confident shad is scum but I need to read like 8 pages
It starting, looking forward to how you got so sure.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Now this seems like just random spam EH to engage in purposeless conversation and get yourselves out of the bottom 5. There is absolutely no point in discussing this on Day 1, or while being alive maybe like ever...
Here I am trying to make the thread a bit more lively. That's all. I'm even restraining myself from posting a lot so other people have a chance to not be so low and evade the random pick death.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It starting, looking forward to how you got so sure.
Read you grasping straws without ever specifying and even mentioning "reminds me of the game panda died to him" again not developing anything. It was like 4 am I have to go back.

It would had felt natural if you were defending the way you were playing IMMEDIATELY but you did this hours later and then did some flaccid jabs back.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My role is boring as shit and it's used too much in my opinion.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Was it explained wdy some names have diff color on the voted list? :hee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top