Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,609
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,609
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I tagged you asking why the vote and your answer was that it was obviously random..
Which I assumed would be easily seen as a joke as I randomised between 17 and 17
 

avietar

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
2,066
Age
34
Country
Netherlands
I'll say right now that I'm not worried about post count and I'm not gonna spam posts either. Who got time for that, not me. And I'd like to be kind to others and not spam either ;)

I agree, I think a change in behavior will happen.

But even without this rule, scum can and do participate a lot in D1, usually 2 of the top 5 posters are scum.
It on D2 and forward that when (some of them) find it harder to continue doing so.
I think this is an interesting observation.

I said in my previous post that maybe I'm gonna vote for a poster with many posts, for the arbitrary reason that I don't like having to read so many pages hahah. So I'm gonna do that for now.
Top posters so far are Scary (51), Evil (46), Hardy (43), Shad (43), and Gry (37) at this time of posting.

Out of these, I'm gonna put a placeholder vote on Gry. He did try to throw me under the bus during the first game I participated :P And nobody voted for him yet.
 

Juviii

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal

MArGi

MH Senpai
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
3,125
Country
France
I'll say right now that I'm not worried about post count and I'm not gonna spam posts either. Who got time for that, not me. And I'd like to be kind to others and not spam either ;)
So if you die N1 because of the Aries sign effect, which sign will you vote as a DC member?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I think this is unfair if this is the First game to have this bot, it normal for people like me that always vote first D1 (check my other games) to be expected to not use the bot instead of the usual, "hahaha lambu you betrayed me here is my vote"

But you do you.
derp, except when you threw me under the bus when i was your mafo boss! betrayer!
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
็ฅžใฎใ”ใจใ— / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Vote kill Asako/Shaka for now :heh.
 

Juviii

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Which I assumed would be easily seen as a joke as I randomised between 17 and 17
Not using the random function doesn't mean you didn't choose that specific person randomly, especially when your answer was that it was indeed random. If you have a more truthful answer it means you didn't answer me at all and, in that case, I'm still waiting.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
If a town gets lynched they should 100% go Libra.
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I'll say right now that I'm not worried about post count and I'm not gonna spam posts either. Who got time for that, not me. And I'd like to be kind to others and not spam either ;)



I think this is an interesting observation.

I said in my previous post that maybe I'm gonna vote for a poster with many posts, for the arbitrary reason that I don't like having to read so many pages hahah. So I'm gonna do that for now.
Top posters so far are Scary (51), Evil (46), Hardy (43), Shad (43), and Gry (37) at this time of posting.

Out of these, I'm gonna put a placeholder vote on Gry. He did try to throw me under the bus during the first game I participated :P And nobody voted for him yet.
Avietar as Manigoldoactive night role! (#41)

Active role with an exclamation mark :(

My only advice is to think what good for town not what good for the readers :D
Sometimes you have to be just as evil as your enemies, they will spam and 5 timid nice townies will 100% fill the last 5 spots.

TATAKAIIII!
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Not using the random function doesn't mean you didn't choose that specific person randomly, especially when your answer was that it was indeed random. If you have a more truthful answer it means you didn't answer me at all and, in that case, I'm still waiting.
It was literally after dd voted. Not random.

I went over this last game at the end of day one. I do not understand how is it normal to just randomise your vote away, even more if it's selecting among those with no votes (as you did?).

You have only two votes, what does it even achieve? I think meme/joke/revenge votes at least have some logic and do leave a tiny bit of trace but this? It's actively anti town. And yet a good bunch of players do it regardless of faction leaving scum a very nice exit.

It's tiring to go behind people and telling them "no you are playing wrong" especially because I end up just being an asshole which is a fucking awful feeling so that's probably as far as I'll go on this.
 

Juviii

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Randomized votes arent bad on day 1, placeholder votes in the last hour of day 1 are bad.
 

MArGi

MH Senpai
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
3,125
Country
France

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Randomized votes arent bad on day 1, placeholder votes in the last hour of day 1 are bad.
They both are. Now you are locked on a. single vote for little reason, or you can just conveniently (or not) get busy and never move it. Like I said before though I find it much worse to randomise AVOIDING people with votes.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,657
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Votekill Scary Noona

Putting a placeholder vote on Noona as I'm all over the place when it comes to getting a read on them; could be town but could also be one goodboy post/moment away from taking half her mafia team with her again :P

Gonna sleep soon, will hopefully catch end of phase.
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
๐Ÿ”ฎm๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ  The Day will be extended by
2h so I can do spicy panda things but also be here during the final hour when you all vote-change en-masse ๐ŸŒ ​
Dang, I hoped I could be there for the end phase. Gotta work tomorrow morning dunno if I can stay up till 1 am to see how it ends. Still stand by my prediction that there gonna be mad amount of posts in the last hour for sure. Especially since tomorrow most people can just sleep out their nightly adventure of writing tons of spam posts.

Going over the signs again, Lovers are always a Mafia+Townie couple, right?

From what I understand, it would be better if they are introduced early in game? Because it would give us more time to try to identify and eliminate them.
It's what I told Heaven when the question was asked what we'd chose if we were DC. Better to get that outta the way earlier than mid-game when the risks of townie lover ending up as det or doc is higher.
 

avietar

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
2,066
Age
34
Country
Netherlands
So if you die N1 because of the Aries sign effect, which sign will you vote as a DC member?
Good question!

If I die, I will choose Capricorn. It's because I've got a good role, and if I die I'd want it to be passed on to help the town survive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top