Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,722
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,722
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Do you remember if you reacted in any way when seeing avietarโ€˜s claim last day?
wdym? reacted? I started asking her questions, and others, about insane/sane results to determine if she can be insane or I am. I don't find 2 spies to be odd in this game, so no, did not get the impression that she might be lying. but the fact that she mentioned "if you targeted me last night" after specifying that she targeted him does make me feel confused since after the inquiries from yesterday, if she targeted him she'd either get the real result (which would make us both sane) or she'd get a different result so that would make the "if you targeted me" not necessary, unless she thought she's naive because of her result so she just assumed.
 

avietar

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
2,066
Age
34
Country
Netherlands
Avi wrote "if you died protecting me" but didn't wrote if Evil had targeted him or not which is why I asked if Evil did target him or not because if he had done so then Avi could have written "you died protecting me" and not "if" since there is really no sense for Mafia to kill Evil when they got the chance to kill a det or the last doc, if we got a 2nd one.
Also Avi not dying tells us that Mafia got no Strongman else this would have been a perfect opportunity to get rid of a spy who can prove Towns and risk Mafias.



I know that, I just didn't believed you because it is a 12 hour long phase and writing a pm ain't something that takes forever. And it's not like you're new to the game so I thought you were bluffing and wanted to hide your action for some reason. So you really did forget, damn, spy actions are so useful though.
Really? Most times I remember playing matches usually had 1 spy, often a Mafia claimed spy and then we had a spy-off between the real and the fake one.

DD claimed Psychiatrist, not Investigator, lol. But yeah, seems like he fucked up with his claim. xD



2 spies and 2 Psychiatrists, yeah, at least one of those claims are fake, imo. XDDD
I thought you were Det and expected you to die each night. And with two Psys and one naive traitor claimer the chances of a real traitor are sky high now.
Yeah I wrote if. Because I did not receive any reply from the admins last night when I targeted Evil.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
The interesting thing is that I also targeted Evil and did not get any reply.
ah so that's why you said "if"

well, you could have been blocked in case the kill didn't go through?
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wait Iโ€˜m retarded I was searching for Noble all game thinking itโ€˜s a secondary role RIP.
See? Somehow I had the same thought process for some reason when Marma stated she had a 2nd role. :facepalm
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@GrySun I know you agree with me that 2 spies ain't the norm for Mafia games since you played and hosted enough games to know that, but what do you think about those 2 spies in this game? Are they legit or does it feel like one of them lying?
Avietar is strange, didnโ€˜t say her result on Evil. But she knew Hardy didnโ€˜t act N1 so thatโ€˜s looking like real town Spy. Noona is being consistent to believe for now but she should find good results next since she is sane.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Yeah I wrote if. Because I did not receive any reply from the admins last night when I targeted Evil.
well no reply means it's confirmed that you got blocked.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I expected Avi to be blocked, that way he can't see shit either and if Hardy knew Avi was blocked then he can say easily that he did nothing in night 1 since Avi couldn't say otherwise.
But we didnโ€˜t know aviโ€˜s role D1 only D2, you saying they blocked avi N1 on a hunch?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Avietar is strange, didnโ€˜t say her result on Evil. But she knew Hardy didnโ€˜t act N1 so thatโ€˜s looking like real town Spy. Noona is being consistent to believe for now but she should find good results next since she is sane.
just point me in the right direction capt'en
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
noble isnt secondary role you are dum dum
At least not as dum dum as you failing your lie on Marm, 0 chance you get wrong result since Marm has a role. I fumbled the Noble secondary but you fumbled the role itself. Better luck next time.
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah I wrote if. Because I did not receive any reply from the admins last night when I targeted Evil.
Okay, with Evil you should have gotten a reply, except ofc he was blocked which wouldn't make any sense for Mafia to do so. Then again they didn't used their Janitor this night to kill another role to hide behind, so what do I know about their thought process? That means mafia must have blocked you last night. Except ofc you are lying to us, but you are a D2 spy claimer so I really doubt you would be that suicidal plus if my reading on the paranoid spy is correct then you cannot receive no replies from admins unless you are blocked. Basically as paranoid you would always get a pm, so assuming you weren't also blocked in night 1 since Hardy was telling the truth about his role, then you cannot be paranoid else Hardy would have targeted somebody as your result.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
But seriously Sickly was made secondary so mafia can get one without us adding more roles to โ€žclutterโ€œ the role list, yet Noble is listed twice. Confusing af.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Exactly! And 2 sane spies are even rarer.
Is it still the rule btw that a paranoid spy must always get a randomized name aka he can never get a "got no pm" result except he has been blocked? Because that is how I remember town figuring out if a spy is legit or paranoid or fake. That unlike the real spy the paranoid one always produces results.
And the role list doesn't say anything about paranoid spy getting no result as a randomized result:
Yes only gets randomized if player actually did something, otherwise no result.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,136
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Asako @Erinyes

I apologise for saying that I'm a coward previously when suggesting why I didn't want to die, that was reckless. However I can't put my hand up to be lynched based on what I know, and what I assume of you.

Erinyes, can you be lynched today?

I'm hoping the public can accept a decision made by one of us if you choose it.

If you don't want to go thru with it I'm completely fine with that.

Sorry I'm at work. Yep that was my point in previous post, you can lynch me if you want. I'm fine .
I'm really townie and naive traitor, I case some don't trust me.
I will trey to read back during break
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
wdym? reacted? I started asking her questions, and others, about insane/sane results to determine if she can be insane or I am. I don't find 2 spies to be odd in this game, so no, did not get the impression that she might be lying. but the fact that she mentioned "if you targeted me last night" after specifying that she targeted him does make me feel confused since after the inquiries from yesterday, if she targeted him she'd either get the real result (which would make us both sane) or she'd get a different result so that would make the "if you targeted me" not necessary, unless she thought she's naive because of her result so she just assumed.
I mean, usually people subconsciously or openly react to someone claiming their own role. Like any words you told her or so that show her reveal made you go !!!
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
But we didnโ€˜t know aviโ€˜s role D1 only D2, you saying they blocked avi N1 on a hunch?
Didn't Avi say his/her role was really important so if s/he were to die she would use that sign to switch her role with one of us? That seemed like a hint to me that Avi was one of the big important three - det, doc or spy. Bet Mafia thought the same but for some reason rather wanted EH dead than Avi.
Or was it someone else who gave that kinda hint and I confuse two players with each other?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Okay, with Evil you should have gotten a reply, except ofc he was blocked which wouldn't make any sense for Mafia to do so. Then again they didn't used their Janitor this night to kill another role to hide behind, so what do I know about their thought process? That means mafia must have blocked you last night. Except ofc you are lying to us, but you are a D2 spy claimer so I really doubt you would be that suicidal plus if my reading on the paranoid spy is correct then you cannot receive no replies from admins unless you are blocked. Basically as paranoid you would always get a pm, so assuming you weren't also blocked in night 1 since Hardy was telling the truth about his role, then you cannot be paranoid else Hardy would have targeted somebody as your result.
uh no, I asked in the thread previously and I remember someone saying that if paranoid or sane spy's target does not perform any action, both paranoid and sane spy receive "no result", so regardless of sanity they'd get a result.

if blocked ofc they get no result, which is 100% what happened to avietar.
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
just point me in the right direction capt'en
No clue, just throw your net wide youโ€˜ll find them goodies. That or confirming a townie whose role is revealed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wasn't blocked n1 because I got a reply from the admins, right?
No Spy should always be given a reply I think even when blocked, so that bit is unclear. But honestly did they have a reason to block you N1? N2 sure but N1?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top