Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 485 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
print more to inflate your "circulation" numbers?!

galaxy-juice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
print more to inflate your "circulation" numbers?!
You don't need the scare quotes. Even if it's inflated, it's still the circulation number.

That said, once you get to a 400mil+ circulation, "inflating" the numbers by two or three million doesn't actually add much.

There may be other records they're trying to force artificially, though... (I think we all remember how KNY was cheated out of a record-breaking first print last year).

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shueisha just wants OP to hit the highest selling comic title during its serialization instead of needing reprints after it finishes/kanzenbans, etc

dreamsinsleep

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a really interesting choice of serialization, not only for being a piano manga but the author art is very "different", at least in the one shot it looks inspired by Yaiba but a lot less refined, i'm really curious to see how this will go, and i think is only 1 series because they will start GFC 2021 in the next issues.

830K votes! Yeah i know it was international and etc, but 800k votes still something really impressive, but i'm surprised Yami being that low considering how loved he is in the west, and ofc Noelle would be 1st...
The biggest surprise is Gauche being that much ahead of Yami considering how Gauche is one of the most controversial/hated characters by western audiences whereas Yami is practically universally liked. My opinion poll went on too long and after the initial preview results were posted a lot of people were under the impression that the top few spots were locked in and shifted their daily votes to their other favourites. (a lot of people wanted to get Makusa out too, so Secre probably got a boost from that)

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The biggest surprise is Gauche being that much ahead of Yami considering how Gauche is one of the most controversial/hated characters by western audiences whereas Yami is practically universally liked. My opinion poll went on too long and after the initial preview results were posted a lot of people were under the impression that the top few spots were locked in and shifted their daily votes to their other favourites. (a lot of people wanted to get Makusa out too, so Secre probably got a boost from that)
Gauche is very popular with JP fans, even if a "controversial" character, for sure it has some good fans here that voted too.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
One piece is super close to having 500M print. They could be rushing to get to that milestone with Volume 100 to celebrate it before Volume 101 comes out.

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Gauche is very popular with JP fans, even if a "controversial" character, for sure it has some good fans here that voted too.
What's "controversial" about Gauche? Anyway what surprise me more is to see Yuno at 9th place. Man, he is the second protagonist we could say 😳

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yuno is the most boring and bland second protagonist in years.

No surprise.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What's "controversial" about Gauche? Anyway what surprise me more is to see Yuno at 9th place. Man, he is the second protagonist we could say 😳
Gauche being a "siscon", i never hated thr character, his love for Marie is funny but you know how things are here in the west, specially when a series gets mainstream like MHA (and hori being attacked for drawing Momo in a bikini)

Yuno is the most boring and bland second protagonist in years.

No surprise.
I disagree, i like Yuno "bored" personality and his 4th wall break jokes and his great rivarly with Asta, everybody thought that he would go Sasuke route but Tabata just owned everybody and turned him into a actual and healthy rival & best friend.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I disagree, i like Yuno "bored" personality and his 4th wall break jokes and his great rivarly with Asta, everybody thought that he would go Sasuke route but Tabata just owned everybody and turned him into a actual and healthy rival & best friend.
But maybe he had, at least he would have contributed to the plot.

Instead the result is that of a character neither meat nor fish, who is there, but it is as if he were not there.

Edward Marchiori

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have to ask. Should we be concerned about One Piece's latest sales? I do want to see the end of One Piece and while I don't think it would be ever canceled, I'm still quite worried

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I have to ask. Should we be concerned about One Piece's latest sales? I do want to see the end of One Piece and while I don't think it would be ever canceled, I'm still quite worried
Shouldnt be. Nobody will cancel OP. Thats just its not absolute king anymore

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But why ?

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
It sold almost 1.2 million copies in 3 days, thats better than 99% of manga will ever do on their highest sold volume's lifetime sales, there is ZERO chance of OP ever getting axed or rushed unless there is some huge personal scandal involving Oda.

Also OP sells really well overseas as well, it finished top 10 in USA in 2020 iirc and sold 2.2 million copies in France in 2020

Lord fifth

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
?
You are talking as if one piece sells 100,000 copies in 4 weeks, selling 1.1 million in the first week in general is extremly rare(naruto and hunter x hunter would reach one million in four weeks).

And even if one piece somehow drops to 50,000 per volume next volume, they are still going to let it end like ippo.

Edward Marchiori

Reaction score
Country
Germany
yeah, but i expected a better result for the 100th volume at it's first week... It seems like even vol 97/98 did better than that.wasn't Bleach canceled despite massive numbers before the decline?
?
You are talking as if one piece sells 100,000 copies in 4 weeks, selling 1.1 million in the first week in general is extremly rare(naruto and hunter x hunter would reach one million in four weeks).

And even if one piece somehow drops to 50,000 per volume next volume, they are still going to let it end like ippo.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah, but i expected a better result for the 100th volume at it's first week... It seems like even vol 97/98 did better than that.wasn't Bleach canceled despite massive numbers before the decline?
Volume 97 and 98 had more days in the first week iirc (5 vs 3 for volume 100). Also Bleach wasn't cancelled, thats just some dumb meme

Status
Not open for further replies.