Fantasy - Jacob vs Lucy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Jacob vs Lucy

Who wins?

• Current Lucy

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Jacob

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

Celestial Spirit Queen Lu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Restrictions.

All of Lucy's stardresses have been modified by the company 4Kids.

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Imma say that I personally believe Lucy wins.

Lucy could last in a fight against BOTH a healthy Mirajane and Elfman.

Keep in mind this Mira had a whole ass year to train and judging from her fight with Skullion she definitely improved.

Jacob on the other hand couldn't even DOWN a weakend base Alvarez Mira and proceeded to get oneshotted by her the moment Mirajane went Base Satan Soul. This Mira had worse feats at full power than 100 year quest Mira

She also can resist his transportation through Horologium.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Lucy wins.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Jacob. Lucy's decently powered up and I think Urano Metria is good enough to put him down, but Jacob overwhelms her in normal combat to the point where she'd never be able to use it. 3 spirits aren't enough to substitute for 1 base Natsu.

Sevently

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Jacob stomps, current lucy is not even beating hades, let alone spriggan.

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Jacob. Lucy's decently powered up and I think Urano Metria is good enough to put him down, but Jacob overwhelms her in normal combat to the point where she'd never be able to use it. 3 spirits aren't enough to substitute for 1 base Natsu.
How does Jacob even overwhelm her in normal combat though? Lucy could keep up with a FULL powered Satan Soul Mirajane who had assistance from Elfman. This Mirajane was much stronger than Alvarez Mirajane.

While Jacob could only match a VERY low on MP base Mirajane who was heavily weakend mind you and proceeded to get demolished by her once she went Satan Soul Form.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jacob stomps, current lucy is not even beating hades, let alone spriggan.
Did you forget the fact that Natsu proceeded to wipe the floor with Jacob once he allowed him to get serious cause he didn't want Natsu destroying the guild.

Spriggans are extremely overhyped. Especially Jacob who's got by far the worst feats of them all.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Jacob wins, even with this power up from Lucy, I doubt that even that will put Jacob into the ground, Mira said in an interview that Jacob lowered his stats in a battle with her to fight evenly.

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Jacob wins, even with this power up from Lucy, I doubt that even that will put Jacob into the ground, Mira said in an interview that Jacob lowered his stats in a battle with her to fight evenly.
Yeah by closing his EYES. that's what she had meant. He didn't lower is durability or attack power which lead to him being oneshotted by her once she went Satan Soul.

His Durability is hot garbage my dude.

And Mirajane is an extremely modest mage by the way.

It also doesn't change the fact she probably meant in the context of that she was heavily weakend by taking a beating from Juliet and Heine,August and Irene just the NIGHT before.

She also started in her BASE form not using any SS transformations due to her being that low on mp. Of course a Jacob with his eyes opened who's had a whole day to recover from his fight with Natsu is going to beat a Mirajane who fought 2 back to back battles and got an injury from August.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah by closing his EYES. that's what she had meant. He didn't lower is durability or attack power which lead to him being oneshotted by her once she went Satan Soul.

His Durability is hot garbage my dude.

And Mirajane is an extremely modest mage by the way.
under normal circumstances that could be the case but not here as it was stated by mira that they are fighting evenly because of that https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628909/22, plus she had time to recover her magic power before the next battle, power stats are indeed based on one’s condition, because if that were the case then Brandish would have been one shotted by Lucy who had Taurus dress on which massively amplifies her strength when before with her hey fever was knocked out by a punch to the back of the head, plus one can put magic power into defensive capabilities. Like so:

His Durability is considerably strong as he is a Spriggan afterall, Mirajane is not that humble considering the fate of her guild is at stake, and she fights seriously when there is no one around.

plus Gray struggled against a weakened Mira who the former could not beat a Spriggan without embracing the darkness in him.

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Oh my god you don't get it. She's weakend to the point where she is UNABLE to transform in her SS form. A closed Eyed Full Power Jacob can't kill a Mirajane who is too weak to go Satan Soul Form until she regains enough mp.

And before you say she just didn't want to, that makes ZERO sense as Mirajane knows hes a member of the 12 and in character she'd probably go Alegria or Seilah to destroy him. But no, she went SS cause that was the only form she had enough mp to maintain.

In Brandish's case her hat fever got in the WAY of her battle which left her only able to SNEEZE and not focus on anything else which let her get knocked out by Cana chop.

This same Brandish could also take an attack from a Dimaria who had the intent to kill her btw. She didn't even have time to buff her stats or even beg for her to stop before Dimaria murked her. She also was scratched up by Stardress Lucy who for sure is way better physically than Cana.

Also prove Jacob is willing to use magic that will buff his defensive capabilities because he has never shown the desire to use it.

You also must prove he has strong durability and your reasoning must be better than "Cause he's a spriggan lol" for all we know Zeref could've simply allowed him into that position due to his haxxed transport abilities.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I don’t think you get it that hours have passed between the time of the defeat and her battle with Jacob, that is plenty of time to regain her magic power, she can’t regain MP when fighting, that defeats the point of recovery. plus Mirajane official stated that this is using her full power when no one is watching, https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628701/13 this means that either her SS form is her strongest or any form can be the strongest just how much energy she puts in to her effort. With Brandish, it is the same thing with Jacob as he has his eyes closed he can’t really focus. You do realized that DiMaria used her Time Stop right! That basically counters stats buffing, and still survived as she would use her magic to shrink the wound, plus Brandish was holding back against Lucy, not the same thing, he is stronger than Makarov’s spells which caused massive catastrophes so his durability is already above that. That makes no sense, that is the same reasoning Axiomus used saying FH Zeref is less than building level strong against Savage Flames Natsu. MPF is what shows any move a reflection of one’s strength regardless of the type.

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I don’t think you get it that hours have passed between the time of the defeat and her battle with Jacob, that is plenty of time to regain her magic power, she can’t regain MP when fighting, that defeats the point of recovery. plus Mirajane official stated that this is using her full power when no one is watching, https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628701/13 this means that either her SS form is her strongest or any form can be the strongest just how much energy she puts in to her effort. With Brandish, it is the same thing with Jacob as he has his eyes closed he can’t really focus. You do realized that DiMaria used her Time Stop right! That basically counters stats buffing, and still survived as she would use her magic to shrink the wound, plus Brandish was holding back against Lucy, not the same thing, he is stronger than Makarov’s spells which caused massive catastrophes so his durability is already above that. That makes no sense, that is the same reasoning Axiomus used saying FH Zeref is less than building level strong against Savage Flames Natsu. MPF is what shows any move a reflection of one’s strength regardless of the type.
You're arguing that Mirajane would stay in her BASE form and only use her SS form until the end? Especially against a SPRIGGAN? Bruh she was tired from her fight against Juliet and Heine and tortured by Irene. Mirajane doesn't like underestimating her opponents especially Spriggans so she would've instantly transform had she got the Mp to. Wtf.

Omfg NO Base Satal Soul is NOT her strongest form. Her fight against Juliet and Heine pretty much debunks this.

Not to mention this.

And in the context with Kamika she probably meant her full base Satan Soul Power.

Except he was focusing. Using his SENSES to find out where Mira was while Brandish couldn't even do such a thing due to her hay fever.

Like I assumed, you don't know the context of Lucy vs Brandish. When Dimaria stated Brandish was holding back, she meant that Brandish just didn't use her powers to blow up Lucy's organs to oneshot her. Not because Brandish was physically holding back. She just wasn't willing to kill her friend Lucy. Physically she got blitzed and overwhelmed by Lucy.

Makarov is weaker than both Jacob and Lucy so I don't know what point you're trying to prove here.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I am arguing that her power as to her statement is full when she used base SS form, and the Spriggan was nerfed so they were fighting evenly, she recovered magic power back then especially after hours have passed, she even fights in her normal form too at times, As the comment Erza made, it is to her knowledge, you do realized that Juliet and Heine are basically magic directly from Irene so they are stronger than most, there is no statement that is was full power base form, considering she used “Other form” in the same fight earlier and struggled still https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628699/10, because even then it still hampered his stats since he cannot focus on using his powers, she even said she would play dead for Lucy, meaning that she was indeed holding back, there is no other meaning besides that, you do realize that magic power can be represented in one’s physical conditions right? You cannot judge one’s feats by size alone, where as skill and level of power hold more weight to them.

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I am arguing that her power as to her statement is full when she used base SS form, and the Spriggan was nerfed so they were fighting evenly, she recovered magic power back then especially after hours have passed, she even fights in her normal form too at times, As the comment Erza made, it is to her knowledge, you do realized that Juliet and Heine are basically magic directly from Irene so they are stronger than most, there is no statement that is was full power base form, considering she used “Other form” in the same fight earlier and struggled still https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628699/10, because even then it still hampered his stats since he cannot focus on using his powers, she even said she would play dead for Lucy, meaning that she was indeed holding back, there is no other meaning besides that, you do realize that magic power can be represented in one’s physical conditions right? You cannot judge one’s feats by size alone, where as skill and level of power hold more weight to them.
No it is not. The Alegria form vs Juliet and Heine made it clear that there is a strenght hierarchy between Satan Soul forms. I don't get why that's so hard to understand. Jacob had a whole ass day to recover power while Mirajane had a measly few hours. And no she doesn't wtf. Send me PROOF of an incident where Mirajane fought without using SS forms. She was literally exhausted by two back to back battles. What is so hard to understand? And Spriggans are extremely strong so why would MIRAJANE decide to only face them using her BASE form?! You realize how much of an insult to Mirajane's intelligence your argument sounds like?

Erza is literally Mirajane's rival. It's obvious that they had duked it out alot of times before and she saw her Sitri form during those quarrels.

How does that even debunk a smidge of what I say?

Omfg read your own SCANS. She literally said she holds back infront of others which was WHY she had been struggling against Kamika earlier. 😑

When did she say that? And you do realize that Touka was literally MIND CONTROLLING Mirajane so even if she said that then it would be nullified due to Touka's mind control.

Of course I realize that, which is why I'm arguing Mirajane was weakened due to her physical condition while Jacob was in tip top shape.

Jacob's defenses weren't lowered. Hell, even BLIND people in fiction can have their gaurd up such as Sara from Samurai Champloo.

I seriously don't understand what you're trying to say.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is Jacob in character or not?

If not, he stomps.

If yes, he gets stomped.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
How does Jacob even overwhelm her in normal combat though? Lucy could keep up with a FULL powered Satan Soul Mirajane who had assistance from Elfman. This Mirajane was much stronger than Alvarez Mirajane.

While Jacob could only match a VERY low on MP base Mirajane who was heavily weakend mind you and proceeded to get demolished by her once she went Satan Soul Form.
Because he's stronger than her in pretty much every aspect. We saw this when they fought, he kicked the shit out of her without any difficulty..

As for Mira, Lucy kept up with casual, screwing around Mirajane who was more worried about playing BDSM than she was about beating Lucy. The idea that Lucy is a match for Mirajane and Elfman combined is ludicrous, she's not even a match for Elfman alone. It's like saying that because Sting and Rogue survived their fight against the GMG dragons, that they're actually a match for them. No, they survived because the dragons were fucking around.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Alegria is basically the culmination of all the Demons in Tartaros it only showed that J & H are stronger than the average wizard, and few hours are enough to recover magic power of a significant proportions like with Tenrou Island for Natsu and his team, https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628632/4,
And here is her fighting without SS: https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628607/3, correction, one battle, her torture doesn’t really count as she didn’t even use magic then, and if you could call it torture, more like loss of clothing. Again, she can put amount of magic power to her attacks, it has been years since they duked it out since things with Lisanna happened, so it would be vague in memory. And yet Gray was nearly beaten by a Mira that was literally stated to be tired and weakened, and not just assumed with Jacob vs Mira. And that only proves my point that Mira verse Jacob was her holding back too since others can see her so that means her base SS is her not holding back. What does Touka even have to do with this!?! I assume you meant with Brandi, Dimaria said that in chapter 501. Even humoring what is likely miscommunication, even if it was mind control, FT members are still in character for major percentage of the majority of the time. And yet her wounds have healed due to Brandish’s magic, as her other injuries are too minor to be considered, and Jacob just recovered as well, well Jacob is does not have fictional blind capabilities, his defenses are lowered since he can’t focus well with his eyes closed, he has magic to see the unseen but that still requires concentration.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Because he's stronger than her in pretty much every aspect. We saw this when they fought, he kicked the shit out of her without any difficulty..

As for Mira, Lucy kept up with casual, screwing around Mirajane who was more worried about playing BDSM than she was about beating Lucy. The idea that Lucy is a match for Mirajane and Elfman combined is ludicrous, she's not even a match for Elfman alone. It's like saying that because Sting and Rogue survived their fight against the GMG dragons, that they're actually a match for them. No, they survived because the dragons were fucking around.
That was literally a Lucy from 1 year ago dude. That's like comparing Alvarez Mira to current Mira and strength.

It's clear here that Mirajane was literally taking them HEAD on. Clearly only wanting to do that bondage stuff after she defeated them. Plus you could very easily argue that she was doing that to restrain them.

Dude wtf. I never said she was a match for Mirajane. I simply said that she could take hits from Mirajane way better than Jacob. Specifically point out where I said she was a match for Mirajane omfg.

You are literally strawman incarnate.

Apologies for my outburst, I despise being strawmanned above all else.

I'll write my counterargument later.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
That was literally a Lucy from 1 year ago dude. That's like comparing Alvarez Mira to current Mira and strength.

It's clear here that Mirajane was literally taking them HEAD on. Clearly only wanting to do that bondage stuff after she defeated them. Plus you could very easily argue that she was doing that to restrain them.

Dude wtf. I never said she was a match for Mirajane. I simply said that she could take hits from Mirajane way better than Jacob. Specifically point out where I said she was a match for Mirajane omfg.

You are literally strawman incarnate.

Apologies for my outburst, I despise being strawmanned above all else.

I'll write my counterargument later.
Sure, sure, the gap between her and Jacob was huge though. It's like saying that after the GMG timeskip Wendy had risen to Zancrow level or something.

So? Doesn't change the fact that she was treating Lucy like a joke, because that was what Lucy was to her, a joke, hence the BDSM. It's like Gildarts fighting Natsu on Tenrou, sure, he took Natsu head on, he was just fucking around though at the end of the day.

Not a strawman, at best it's me misunderstanding your post due to your position and the way it's written. You said Jacob only matched low MP Mirajane, implying that Lucy matched normal MP Mirajane. And then, in this very post, you're claiming Mirajane took Lucy head on. Tell me, what did you mean by that if not to say Lucy was matching Mirajane?

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Exce
Alegria is basically the culmination of all the Demons in Tartaros it only showed that J & H are stronger than the average wizard, and few hours are enough to recover magic power of a significant proportions like with Tenrou Island for Natsu and his team, https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628632/4,
And here is her fighting without SS: https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628607/3, correction, one battle, her torture doesn’t really count as she didn’t even use magic then, and if you could call it torture, more like loss of clothing. Again, she can put amount of magic power to her attacks, it has been years since they duked it out since things with Lisanna happened, so it would be vague in memory. And yet Gray was nearly beaten by a Mira that was literally stated to be tired and weakened, and not just assumed with Jacob vs Mira. And that only proves my point that Mira verse Jacob was her holding back too since others can see her so that means her base SS is her not holding back. What does Touka even have to do with this!?! I assume you meant with Brandi, Dimaria said that in chapter 501. Even humoring what is likely miscommunication, even if it was mind control, FT members are still in character for major percentage of the majority of the time. And yet her wounds have healed due to Brandish’s magic, as her other injuries are too minor to be considered, and Jacob just recovered as well, well Jacob is does not have fictional blind capabilities, his defenses are lowered since he can’t focus well with his eyes closed, he has magic to see the unseen but that still requires concentration.
It literally showed that Alegria could easily destroy the crap out of Juliet and Heine who were easily running circles around base Satan Soul Mirajane. And? They both had fought any different opponents with Mirajane fighting the stronger of the two.

Are you seriously comparing how Mirajane fights random nameless fodder to how she's going to fight one of the strongest and most respected wizards in Alvarez? 😐 it's like saying current Lucy would fight someone like Mimi in base cause she did against a few people.

Irene literally torturing Mirajane right here. I think you forget the acid from Juliet can literally burn skin.

Both Lisanna and Erza have stated that Sitri is Mirajane's most powerful demon form.

That's because Mirajane is stronger than Gray. Don't see what you're trying to prove here. And Alvarez Mira and 100 Year Quest Mirajane are clearly far apart in strength.

Because her mind control makes FT members do out of character things.

If FT members still are in character while under the white witches control then why would Laxus fully try his hardest to defeat Erza? I doubt in character current Laxus would be willing to mercilessly beat up his guildmates as he was doing with Erza but you know...

Uh no. Brandish had used her magic to SHRINK Mira's heart so she'd be able to avoid a fatal blow that'd most definitely kill her. She didn't heal her and if she did then prove it.

He can literally focus well. You have senses other than EYES you know. And how does that even lower his durability?!