Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,806
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking of Kyrie, would the Nets still be the team to beat in the East with just KD and Harden?
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Speaking of Kyrie, would the Nets still be the team to beat in the East with just KD and Harden?
absolutely. KD and harden are 2 legit top 5
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Last year KD and Harden on a wheelchair were two cms away from eliminating the eventual champions so...
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,806
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Kyrie is the wild card tho, he the kind of dude who could just retire on a whim
I mean he barely plays during the season as is these days so you're right about that :teehee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Speaking of Kyrie, would the Nets still be the team to beat in the East with just KD and Harden?
I'd say yes, they're going to take a slight hit to scoring and maybe some D so it'll be a bit more even when they face teams like the Bucks etc. but it's fucken KD and Harden
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
This is going to be an interesting season. I'm really hoping Kyrie sorts his shit out, because of the full healthy potential of those 3 in one team is SCARY HOURS.

The Bucks will be coming back with a lot of confidence but correct me if I'm wrong, they've not brought in anyone of note right? So they've got a full squad from last year minus PJ but I'm worried that one injury from one of their 3 stars could affect them.

I'm also excited to see Nuggets at full strength(whenever Murray comes back from his ACL) and what the Bulls can do, now that they've added some calibre players.

I keep forgetting Nets added Patty Mills.

Also whenever Warriors get Klay back, it's gonna be nuts. Just need Steph and co(Andrew Wiggins 👀 ) to hold it down until he's back and get back in rhythm.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,806
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Lakers can get off to a hot start and be the team on everyone's lips, heap of their initial games at the Staples Centre so it's gonna be fun to see everyone go from "this team is too old" to "I hate this superteam man 😭" 🤣

The Bucks will be coming back with a lot of confidence but correct me if I'm wrong, they've not brought in anyone of note right? So they've got a full squad from last year minus PJ but I'm worried that one injury from one of their 3 stars could affect them.
Bucks have been fundamentally different since Giannis figured his game out in the finals: pretty much no one can stop him. The Bucks are a different team when he decides to put them on his back and go to the rim at all costs; If him, Jrue, and Khris are fit then they're the next best thing in the east after the Nets and just as good a chance to beat them again imo.

I'm also excited to see Nuggets at full strength(whenever Murray comes back from his ACL) and what the Bulls can do, now that they've added some calibre players.
Full strength Nuggets are a team to watch, just like 2019 I reckon they can challenge most teams.

Also whenever Warriors get Klay back, it's gonna be nuts. Just need Steph and co(Andrew Wiggins 👀 ) to hold it down until he's back and get back in rhythm.
Steph and Klay will be electric; Wiggins is scared of needles though so I don't think he'll matter too much for them
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
It’s Gonna be nets vs lakers in the finals if both teams are healthy
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Also whenever Warriors get Klay back, it's gonna be nuts. Just need Steph and co(Andrew Wiggins 👀 ) to hold it down until he's back and get back in rhythm.
I’m a Warriors fan here (or to be more specifically, I’m a Splash Brothers fan), and I’m kinda pessimistic about Klay’s prospects. People say there’s optimism from KD’s case, but we forget that KD had 18 months of full rest for recovery thanks to the Pandemic. If anything, it looks like Klay should optimally be resting for that same amount of time to truly play like it’s 2016 all over again.

Klay’s shooting won’t be a problem. It’s his defense that Dubs fans should be concerned. The Warriors however, have a bench unit that looks great on paper defensive-wise. If those guys can take a lot of pressure off Klay, then the Warriors should be a contender.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Speaking of Kyrie, would the Nets still be the team to beat in the East with just KD and Harden?
Nope, I don't think they'd make it to finals, maybe semifinals at best. Harden seems to be way too overrated.
It’s Gonna be nets vs lakers in the finals if both teams are healthy
or Clippers if PG keeps up his level of playoff play and if Kawhi and Serge return early (unless Ibaka left?).
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
Nope, I don't think they'd make it to finals, maybe semifinals at best. Harden seems to be way too overrated.


or Clippers if PG keeps up his level of playoff play and if Kawhi and Serge return early (unless Ibaka left?).
Nope healthy clippers ain’t beating healthy lakers I can put get money on that
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Nope healthy clippers ain’t beating healthy lakers I can put get money on that
I mean, Kawhi is only back next year anyway
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, I don't think they'd make it to finals, maybe semifinals at best. Harden seems to be way too overrated.
I disagree. Even with just the two of them and the rest of the roster(minus Kyrie), I think they can win the whole thing. If Harden plays anywhere to the level he was in Houston, him and KD will tear it up.
 

Sho-West

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2021
Messages
20
Reaction score
25
Age
32
Country
United States
I disagree. Even with just the two of them and the rest of the roster(minus Kyrie), I think they can win the whole thing. If Harden plays anywhere to the level he was in Houston, him and KD will tear it up.
I agree. Harden's weaknesses in the playoffs were fatigue based closing issues. With such a high usage on ball, he was gassed at the end of close games, and now he's a number 2 option. His rockets almost beat one of the greatest teams of all time before a Chris Paul injury, and Chris Paul is not KD.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Nope healthy clippers ain’t beating healthy lakers I can put get money on that
I'm pretty sure they are, Kawhi is a beast, and PG is pretty good. On top of that you have a great defender in Ibaka, and if they get another great big man, then they're very likely to win everything.

I disagree. Even with just the two of them and the rest of the roster(minus Kyrie), I think they can win the whole thing. If Harden plays anywhere to the level he was in Houston, him and KD will tear it up.
He's never won a chip so far, so I don't expect him to win even with KD and Kyrie.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I disagree. Even with just the two of them and the rest of the roster(minus Kyrie), I think they can win the whole thing. If Harden plays anywhere to the level he was in Houston, him and KD will tear it up.
I think some people forget they have LMA back. Which will either have a storybook ending....or end in a shakespearean tragedy.

Have to wonder what made them certain LMA’s case is distinguished enough from Bosh’s to warrant the green light for him.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
He's never won a chip so far, so I don't expect him to win even with KD and Kyrie.
With BOTH KD and Kyrie, a lot of pressure he'd had back in Houston to get them over the edge isn't there anymore since he's not the #1 or 2 guy. He just has to ball to the level we know he can and facilitate; which he's great at. It's just hard to stop all 3 of them, if they're on their game.

I think some people forget they have LMA back. Which will either have a storybook ending....or end in a shakespearean tragedy.

Have to wonder what made them certain LMA’s case is distinguished enough from Bosh’s to warrant the green light for him.
I don't think he'll be getting a lot of minutes, at least I hope not. I want to know what's changed from him announcing his retirement in April(?) and now? Because his heart condition isn't something that just happened recently; he's had it most/all of his career.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
He's never won a chip so far, so I don't expect him to win even with KD and Kyrie.
i always wondered why you hate harden that much? did he make you lose a bet or something? :lmao
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure they are, Kawhi is a beast, and PG is pretty good. On top of that you have a great defender in Ibaka, and if they get another great big man, then they're very likely to win everything.



He's never won a chip so far, so I don't expect him to win even with KD and Kyrie.
Nope clippers ain’t built they ain’t gonna put out lebron AD Russ and the gang lebron is looking for blood I know for a fact if they they all healthy they making them finals
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I don't think he'll be getting a lot of minutes, at least I hope not. I want to know what's changed from him announcing his retirement in April(?) and now? Because his heart condition isn't something that just happened recently; he's had it most/all of his career.
I don’t think it was always there, to be honest. Bosh’s announcement was sudden back then, but that can be explained by the condition being difficult to detect in very healthy people. In this case, high-level athletes. That’s what I at least remember.

The only that makes me tilt my head in confusion is, how does Bosh and LMA’s condition differ and at what level of severity are we talking about? I hope that we’ll get some explanation one day.
 
Top