Shounen Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto

DDed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
215
Reaction score
172
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
I am struggling to retain my dam of cautious optimism through the absolute hype river that is that trailer. If the show is anywhere near as good as that trailer, Chainsaw Man is about to blow up ***BIG***.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Denji is the ultimate version of the "punk hero" shonen protagonist archetype. Same character tree as a Yusuke or Ichigo, but with NONE of their character issues. The world really is about to say "I LOVE CHAINSAW"
I can think of a type of shonen protagonist called "plebeian shonen" - which actually has Denji, Yusuke, Gintoki and probably adding Jotaro and Giorno because they are also in that type too
Mostly their motive is simple, they think of themselves then later on as its progress think of their friends and bonding
 
Last edited:

toru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 26, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
[Major Spoiler Alert]

I just finished this manga and now I'm here to write my opinions

Manga: 10/10
Characters: 8.5/10
Subject: 9.5/10
My favorite character: Power
My favorite arc: Bomb Girl Arc
My favorite villian: Reze

I like this manga, I recommend it :super
The story goes very smoothly, but when Power dies, it gets a little boring
The end of the story was good, I hope the second part will come out before the end of this year.
Also, I loved Makima at first, but now it has no value in my eyes. It's not fair for Denji to kill the people she cares about.

But then it was good that he took his revenge and kills Makima.

I can't wait for the anime :popcorn
 
Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,071
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Fujimoto will publish a 140 pages, One shot on Jump+

"A new 140 pages oneshot, titled "Look Back" by "Chainsaw Man" creator Tatsuki Fujimoto will be released on Shounen Jump Plus web service on July 19, 2021." source here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

official release link : https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009755

I havent read it yet but some coms from authors :

Inio Asano: "Awesome, really awesome, I'm speechless"
Masakazu Ishiguro: "This manga is the kind that breaks hearts. I'm glad I had my debut before Fujimoto Tatsuki"

Im hyped and scared, now ! :arf
 

Karnak

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
410
Reaction score
637
Country
Dragonstone
Fujimoto will publish a 140 pages, One shot on Jump+

"A new 140 pages oneshot, titled "Look Back" by "Chainsaw Man" creator Tatsuki Fujimoto will be released on Shounen Jump Plus web service on July 19, 2021." source here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

official release link : https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009755

I havent read it yet but some coms from authors :

Inio Asano: "Awesome, really awesome, I'm speechless"
Masakazu Ishiguro: "This manga is the kind that breaks hearts. I'm glad I had my debut before Fujimoto Tatsuki"

Im hyped and scared, now ! :arf
I skimmed much of this....wow! Let's just say it's a roller coaster
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
It is good
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Fujimoto will publish a 140 pages, One shot on Jump+

"A new 140 pages oneshot, titled "Look Back" by "Chainsaw Man" creator Tatsuki Fujimoto will be released on Shounen Jump Plus web service on July 19, 2021." source here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

official release link : https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009755

I havent read it yet but some coms from authors :

Inio Asano: "Awesome, really awesome, I'm speechless"
Masakazu Ishiguro: "This manga is the kind that breaks hearts. I'm glad I had my debut before Fujimoto Tatsuki"

Im hyped and scared, now ! :arf
It was a 10/10 one-shot and I hope it gets a proper english release in paper. It makes you feel pretty much all the emotions, and is arguably a metatextual autobiography of Fujimoto's own psyche as they were gaining traction in the industry.
 

O_n_Sly

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
8,957
Reaction score
6,035
Country
United States
Wow there was a forum for Chainsaw Man this whole time!!!!
 

TarXan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
3,872
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have you guys checked out this manga ? It’s absolutely incredible @Gallon @Demonspeed @Meliodaf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Have you guys checked out this manga @Gallon @Demonspeed @Meliodaf
Also highly recommend to @OtakuFreak for the strong female cast, if you haven’t already check it out
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The anime is going to be an absolute game changer, big than JJK & AOT
 
Last edited:

Meliodaf

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
3,510
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have you guys checked out this manga ? It’s absolutely incredible @Gallon @Demonspeed @Meliodaf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Also highly recommend to @OtakuFreak for the strong female cast, if you haven’t already it checked it out
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The anime is going to be an absolute game changer, big than JJK & AOT
You haven’t stared me wrong yet and I just ran out of Manga to read after catching up to Tokyo Revengers and Jujutsu Kaisen

I’ll give it a shot today
 

TarXan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
3,872
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You haven’t stared me wrong yet and I just ran out of Manga to read after catching up to Tokyo Revengers and Jujutsu Kaisen

I’ll give it a shot today
I highly recommend it, it’s easily the best shonen of the new school but has 0 stereotypical shonen tropes, it’s a complete breath of fresh air & was a 10/10 for me

it’s only 90 chapters btw, quick read
 

O_n_Sly

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
8,957
Reaction score
6,035
Country
United States
Is Pt2 out yet?
 

Khurram

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2021
Messages
164
Reaction score
572
Country
India
Is Pt2 out yet?
Fujimoto said in rolling stone feature interview , he wanna draw more one shots and other stuffs beside CSM , so it'll take a long time for part 2 . (He has the script for part 2 in his mind but he isn't working on it at the time )
 

O_n_Sly

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
8,957
Reaction score
6,035
Country
United States
Fujimoto said in rolling stone feature interview , he wanna draw more one shots and other stuffs beside CSM , so it'll take a long time for part 2 . (He has the script for part 2 in his mind but he isn't working on it at the time )
I’m good with the series being over! I’d hate for it to become a Tokyo Ghoul: re
 

Khurram

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2021
Messages
164
Reaction score
572
Country
India
Well it's not gonna be same as csm as said by the author himself " Chainsaw Man Part 2 will be a completely different story"
 

TarXan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
3,872
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have you guys checked out this manga ? It’s absolutely incredible @Gallon @Demonspeed @Meliodaf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Also highly recommend to @OtakuFreak for the strong female cast, if you haven’t already check it out
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The anime is going to be an absolute game changer, big than JJK & AOT
@Samael Morningstar get on this brother
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well it's not gonna be same as csm as said by the author himself " Chainsaw Man Part 2 will be a completely different story"
I wonder what he meant by this, I heard people speculate there’d be more slice of life
 

Khurram

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2021
Messages
164
Reaction score
572
Country
India
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
8,858
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Happy Halloween!


credit to u/ginka_jack
 

Khurram

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2021
Messages
164
Reaction score
572
Country
India
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Csm novel Advert page with illustration preview

--- Double Post Merged, ---


--- Double Post Merged, ---

 
Top