The witch shall praise the wise and bestow four treasures. One shall be all the gold from the Golden Land. One shall be the resurrection of all the dead souls. One shall be the resurrection of the love that was lost. One shall be to put the witch to sleep for all time.
Say after N1 4 are Illusions. As a Doc you can go for a 100% protect on your N1 target, or for a lower than 100% success chance on the remaining players. It‘s straightforward probabilities.
That would also mean someone like, say, you, would be perma protected while the rest would be in the open, like DD now. Idk, considering, again, I RLY don't think a scum would try to kill the same person twice, that multiple teams have the chance of overlapping in the same night, and etc, I think only a few people benefit from that strat while the rest, that could also be important, doesn't (and I say that cause then, what, 2~3 people tops (?) that were chosen in N1 would fit that). Considering we have less experienced people in game that could take that to heart and not change if needed later, I think that strat kills a big part of what protections cause against scums: uncertainty. All this novela to say that the comment came out as malicious to me because of that, and to repeat that's an opinion.
It would be insane value if anyone besides the mafia knew who illusions were. Unfortunately, the people most likely to know illusions are mafia, and like Farf mentioned, it is also unlikely they would invest time in double targeting to confirm kills. The other mafia could ofc, but again, that's pretty much a very luck-dependent scenario?
How is, say 2 or 3 other killers targetting 1 player in the next nights, more luck-dependent of a scenario than protectors not wasting their roles on all the illusions that will be among us in just a few phases?
Odd that only I see it, curious how many of the ones I argued on this with were arguing in good faith, will try to remember for postgame.
That would also mean someone like, say, you, would be perma protected while the rest would be in the open, like DD now. Idk, considering, again, I RLY don't think a scum would try to kill the same person twice, that multiple teams have the chance of overlapping in the same night, and etc, I think only a few people benefit from that strat while the rest, that could also be important, doesn't (and I say that cause then, what, 2~3 people tops (?) that were chosen in N1 would fit that). Considering we have less experienced people in game that could take that to heart and not change if needed later, I think that strat kills a big part of what protections cause against scums: uncertainty. All this novela to say that the comment came out as malicious to me because of that, and to repeat that's an opinion.
But the uncertainty is still there. Whether doc is on same person or changes constantly, mafia do not know the person thus anyone they target could be either 100% doc protected or an illusion. They will deal with more uncertainty than ever before..
I'm not sure why that is risky? If they're illusions already, then it's not as though they have actions that count. Thread contribution would help yes but saying our active roles "kill" them is a weird way to put it
Hm that's not fully correct. Yes, in one hand, illusions don't matter while they're illusions, they don't even count for the winning condition. On the other hand, thru the mech their roles can be restored, so they're not disposable.
But the uncertainty is still there. Whether doc is on same person or changes constantly, mafia do not know the person thus anyone they target could be either 100% doc protected or an illusion. They will deal with more uncertainty than ever before..
And then again if popular N1 protections targets are scum now, that's even more interesting to some no? :x
Ok, we disagree and think differently, I don't think there's anything new to cover regarding this topic besides what's been shared at this point lmao.
Hm that's not fully correct. Yes, in one hand, illusions don't matter while they're illusions, they don't even count for the winning condition. On the other hand, thru the mech their roles can be restored, so they're not disposable.
yea I don't see why these guys wanna shatter the illusion, honestly I see it as benefit as people still playing so we know more input especially for people that are analyse time
from how I see it mafia will be the one that could wanna shatter those so they gone and their input plus so they don't come back
This game is really far too big. Ideally we'd have had some sort of split into 4 groups of 7-8 people that talk focus on people within their group to more easier find a good analysis. Like this at best we just see the loudest people that talk the most.
I'm down to just lynch the most shady inactive people we have for an easy mafia lynch.
Sakura - passive, never had it, don't like it EH - doesn't like the role, mby a lil bit spicier than previous roles Misha - active role, does not know how to play it Sam - active Evil - rare role, doesn't work well with illusions mechanic |It's one of those roles you actually need to go to the rules thread to read what it does. Also, it doesn't work well with this mechanic, so I'm on the worse end of the stick roles wise.| Gry - likes his role (probably active role) Demonspeed - my role is very common Haya - different from last time she's excited (played only one game? not much of a hint in that case lmao) Shinobi - never had the role, it's not in every game Nii - never had bit meh but could be fun if things go well Belserion - had it before |sometimes less is more| Lambu - refuses to give hint
Maryxxi - active night role never had before James - active role had before can use it to prove himself Hardy - bodyguard hint |he's a douchebag bodyguard| then then says active |can give hgs| Gajeel = not familiar with role Shad = had it becore could be time consuming Tatsumaki - active Mazino - Active role had it before, loved it DD = Detective (Sanity unknown) Holt - active role has to do with pain
Thanks for sharing, the rare part in the hint you have on me is your own interpretation of what I said. And I added today that I would most likely know if I am an illusion or not (I think so did Gry if I understood it correctly).
pushes my buttons saying he'd vote for me today because I DIDN'T WANT TO DIE TO POSSIBLE BOMB. as if that makes me mafo, as if I could just tell ppl "hey pls gather more votes on a random other person who might end up being town, to save possible bomb claim and my useless role" oh sooooooo logical.
It's illogical if you choose to ignore the logic yes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
My problem was that you didn't acknowledge the bomb chance, but you seemed disgruntled by the possibility of dying. That looks like you didn't want to say it out loud so some idiot voted Sam last over you. Despite you saying today that you were ok dying (though now you are saying something else?) because your role is "unimportant".