Games Mafia Game 100 - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,375
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm right here what do you want to hear from me ?
You've all brought up the same two arguments I already answered to.



Hmmm not sure I understand that tho. What do you mean by that ?
Your suspects and who are you voting for?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also the Traitor thing.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Hmmm not sure I understand that tho. What do you mean by that ?
The idea was that Asako, an odd target, died N1 because the mafia suspected they could be recruiting the traitor. Based on that Farfs figured, that they must have thought Asako was hinting at traitor, by dropping just the right names (traitor knows who the mafia are). Your name was on Asakos list of suspects. (As were I think Demon, DD and maybe James? Or Sam. I remember only you from that for sure.)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What do you guys think about the existence of a Traitor right now?
I'm afraid. Very afraid.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Tatsu also kinda saved Sam, but I'm for now trusting Sam, so I feel conflicted about that.

Tatsu-Sam-James? Tatsu-Sam-Gry? James-Gry-Sam? Gry-Erin-James?

No trio I try to think about makes complete sense.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,680
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I don't like Sam playing a mediator, comes across as arrogant, but he seems to be trying to calm people down so I trust him for now. I don't like the two far rights angle though. I did nothing wrong to get pissed at a selfish and ignorant player.
I apologise if I'm on the nose but using what time I have to pursue discussing things and not getting stuck on a single issue are necessary so we don't screw up the same way we did Days 1 and 2 by lynching Marm and Shad over non-issues.

Weird btw that Sam asks me to calm down on James, but still votes James himself.
You're cherry picking a vote I cast nearly 12 hours ago, before the James situation changed, to make what point exactly? I made it clear earlier I intend to change my vote to one of Gry, Erin, Tatsu, or perhaps you given some of my doubts but likely one of the other three. No point in wasting it on the others.

I'm right here what do you want to hear from me ?
You've all brought up the same two arguments I already answered to.



Hmmm not sure I understand that tho. What do you mean by that ?
Some activity and genuine contribution that isn't just short sweet nothings would be a good start. Suspects, who you are considering voting for and why, and any observations you've made from reading through the days' progress.

What do you guys think about the existence of a Traitor right now?
It's possible, but the more immediate threat right now is making sure town lynches correctly tonight as we can't afford another mistake if its to be a worst-case scenario and Lambu explodes today revealing green. May have to be a bridge we cross when it comes time to, but perspective of our current situation is incredibly important.

The idea was that Asako, an odd target, died N1 because the mafia suspected they could be recruiting the traitor. Based on that Farfs figured, that they must have thought Asako was hinting at traitor, by dropping just the right names (traitor knows who the mafia are). Your name was on Asakos list of suspects. (As were I think Demon, DD and maybe James? Or Sam. I remember only you from that for sure.)
I don't recall ever commenting on Asako being a potential traitor hence the kill; rather, earlier today I speculated I wouldn't put it past a wily player like Gry to kill her if he saw enough benefits in it.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,375
Gender
Male
Country
France
In a game of this size the common number is 3 Mafia. The game started with DD(Doc) having the HP so I think it's mostly meant to be a Townie killing tool since it wasn't set to explode D2 at least. Still, it's not that much of an advantage since it depends on the holder's insight.

@digitaldude When has the HP been used the first time. I am asking you because you invented the role. Evil is a data guy so he probably considered which group it has killed the most or something.

If there is a Traitor he hasn't been recruited yet and I don't know it the Council has talked about it but players who are Traitors/Lovers can Like and Unlike quickly their target's posts to raise their awareness. I experienced it myself when I was 3some Candidate and Asako-Seraph were Lovers.

The Traitor could be Naive too. Not sure if it would be more helpful or harmful to Mafia in a game of this size.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,658
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I trust Riku and Sam ATM. DD is Doc.

Both Lambu voted Marm and Shad. I already gave the HP to Lambu so for now I am voting Tatsumaki but I'd like to hear more from her.

Could also vote for Erin. I don't buy her being so lost. Between Gry and James I suspect Gry the most.

What do you guys think about the existence of a Traitor right now?
I believe sleeper is more likely.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In a game of this size the common number is 3 Mafia. The game started with DD(Doc) having the HP so I think it's mostly meant to be a Townie killing tool since it wasn't set to explode D2 at least. Still, it's not that much of an advantage since it depends on the holder's insight.

@digitaldude When has the HP been used the first time. I am asking you because you invented the role. Evil is a data guy so he probably considered which group it has killed the most or something.

If there is a Traitor he hasn't been recruited yet and I don't know it the Council has talked about it but players who are Traitors/Lovers can Like and Unlike quickly their target's posts to raise their awareness. I experienced it myself when I was 3some Candidate and Asako-Seraph were Lovers.

The Traitor could be Naive too. Not sure if it would be more helpful or harmful to Mafia in a game of this size.
game 86 but the potato was blockable so mafia could block it every night, its changed now.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,680
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I know I might've ruffled some feathers with my line of play since being able to actually play the game and not be as tied up with Uni, but here's where I'm seeing it right now and where I'm considering voting:

- Erin. I don't buy her sweet nothings about not being able to read the game through backreading. She's shown she's got the smarts time and time again to make accurate deductions and calls, and considering her flying under the radar and not actually offering too much to the game discussion-wise, I have to wonder why she is laying so low.

- Gry. For someone who has been more present in the game, he's also lacking in substance and general helpfulness which is odd for him. Definitely feels a bit more asleep at the wheel, perhaps by design plus I still have some lingering disappointment in the Shad debacle. It takes two to tango but he really should've been able to see through what it was and bring about an end to it, instead I'm left feeling he had the chance to gain from it if he was scum (getting rid of another townie, and a vocal one at that).

- Tatsu. Inactive like Erin with little constructive contribution. Mainly feels like a whack-a-mole popping up to say "hey I'm here", voting/offering a line or two then wooshing away. Voting is also another factor which raises suspicion about them, and is worth more criticism.

- Riku. My main criticisms of them are voting very safely and considered, and similar to the likes of Gry and Lambu have had flashes where they're lacking in better judgement on occurrences which strike me as odd. No one is perfect and Riku is on a lower tier than the aforementioned three, but not someone I'm prepared to rule out from potentially being scum, even if it's far less likely than others.

Demonspeed is not worth a vote today, and will either gain credibility or become a prime suspect depending on what colour comes from Lambu assuming the potato goes 💥 today. Likewise, assuming Lambu's fate is sealed, he's not worth consideration today. DD claims Doctor, which is a strong town play to either bait mafia into wasting a kill via him being protected by the real doc or by him dying as town, ensuring the doctor and pirate survive. James seems town, still not in the clear but he's low on my list of suspects right now.

I'm going to shower and give it some thought, and will vote for one of Erin, Gry, or Tatsu before I sleep.


Regardless, it's pivotal that no matter what happens, town doesn't allow itself to get stuck on one little thing like it has the last two days. Marm's comment, Shad... we really can't afford a mistake and thats why clear heads and correct judgement are essential today. I believe there's scum lying in the Shad voters as it was easy enough to capitalise on and depending on how Lambu flips, I think the rest may be amongst the 3-4 names I've listed off as my voting considerations.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,048
Gender
Female
Country
France
Your suspects and who are you voting for?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also the Traitor thing.
Honestly the more I look at the remaining list of players the lower my trust in each of them is.

I won't consider Lambu because of the potato ordeal.

DD was on my sus list and I even voted him earlier but took it away after his claiming, tho I'm not sure I trust his reveal. I'm tryig to think of the reasons why he would reveal after the prosti just died and I'm not sure it makes sense. I don't understand what he means when he say "I don't trust my ability to prevent a kill and there is always a risk I will die" since he was in a good few peaople sus list I don't think he would be a priority kill, he even tends to be the perfect scapegoat lynch for mafias. And his ability to prevent a kill... well being a doc is just trying your best to protect the players you trust and if you can't trust your own self well... Idk the way the reveal happened bother me. I will still keep my vote off of him for now.

GrySun is not a player I can read well or even at all to differenciate town from mafia Gry. I do think he's been kinda quiet after Shad's death even if he washed his hand's form Shad's lynch. Less inquisitive and forceful.

Riku is my towniest player at the moment, I do think he's been consistent but I've never played with him before so I don't know his mafia play. The only one I would trust as of now.

Sam has barely more posts than me "the not contributive one" but I personnally don't judge on activity unless it is significant (someone who suddenly post very little in game or between game). I do not get a mafia feel from him. I think he's usually more forward when mafia, trying to take commands and interrogate people a lot.

James I'm not sure what to think of James. He spent two days discussing mechanics and is only now interacting more in player analysis. Calling the game boring is kinda disrespectful of players and hosts honestly. Not that that makes him mafia.

Demon while I do appreciate that he didn't give me the HP, I still don't trust him honestly. We keep talking about my contributivity but I don't recall anything from him on D1 and 2 that was that contributive. I guess Lambu explosion will be quite decisive in his townieness

Erin I've been reading the post noting how she suddenly laid low today and thinking about it I can't help but agree. I hope she'll come back later to talk. I hate to have to put her in my distrust list.

All in all I distrust everyone but
Don't think I would lynch today: Riku, GrySun, Sam, DD
Lynchable today: James, Erin
Not in question: Lambu and I distrust Demon but Lambu's death could confirm him so is there a point in lynching him today ?




If there is a traitor we're kinda doomed. Especially if said traitor or mafia doesn't die today.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm not conciously trying to be inactive. Most of the time if I agree with/think the same as something that was said I don't see the point in repeating it.
Repeating myself or repeating what others said is pointless babbling.
I don't discuss mechanics for two days straight either unless I have question about it. Most of the time discussing them too much will just bring more headache and you've quickly said everything there was to it, especially in this vanilla game. We have no det to confirm anything so all we can do is speculate all day.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Anyway I've played 9 games.
You have said the same things about inactivity and post count each time.
I was mafia once.
Make the maths and do think again if that behavior means I'm mafia or if it's just how I am.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,608
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Got back later than expected. Will respond to my notifications first.

I believe some of the scum should be amongst the Shad voters as it was far too easy for them to get a free lynch without needing to work for it. @GrySun @Lambu you two as experienced players I thought you'd see through Shad's townie panic and would've expected better of you; not going to spend a whole day chasing you Gry but you should explain yourself more given I know you have far better judgement than what you've shown. Definitely think you're scum @James Rye and potentially you too @Tatsumaki . Won't rule out Riku but we'll see.
I just can't let go of the last time Shad did something like this, when he was mafia in Omoneko and I especially was fooled by it and kept defending him several days because he's clearly just a confused townie. I thought he wouldn't act like this as town due to how he played last game with Lambu teaching him. He was town that game and a lot more collected, and not like lambu could've taught him how to play as mafia. So I saw 0 reason for town Shad to lose it like that, and much more similarities to Omoneko mafia Shad who is scared by pressure and deflects by going extreme. I was wrong on it, but I saw nowhere any indicator he's town due to his history.

Not sure how you can so confidently differentiate him from the Omoneko game. Do you think this town Shad played like last game's town Shad? Would he throw away everything Lambu taught him so quickly?

I was wrong but the game looks a lot more analytical now so it's better than doing round 3 of what happened last 2 days still.

Yeah, the fact that they got Farfs is odd. I was certain she would be protected. Maybe they were caught up on the Shad-madness (Shadness if I may), and thought that they'll take the chance with Farfs and get down a good player and maybe prevent a role going to the pirate?
But Farf would be a good target to protect regardless of the Shadness, and if Doc was on a newbie they'd just see Shad died as town and remember his last posts saying to protect Farf. A really bold kill attempt that I don't get how it was even decided on.

Erin is an odd pick in that lot, but she has been rather under radar for sure.
Honestly I think she has an active role, she reminds me a lot of town Erin hiding due to having a good role than mafia Erin, so that's why I trust her more. Gut feelings.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also a reply a @GrySun's question.
Not sure if I understand you right. So Lambu was less active than usual, Tatsu as inactive as usual, and Lambu became more active when called out, so that struck you odd enough to Potato him? Did you answer anywhere why you didn't Potato me?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If any hosts gonna make a new vanilla game, I certainly won't sign up for it. Maybe that's why we had so little players.
I don't wanna re-quote discussions I missed, but this part.. James seriously you heavily dropped in my eyes as a player and I understand Riku's frustration. I never thought you like mafia game only for the roles. Vanilla games are plenty fun too, just may seem more frustrating because we look at even the tiniest action or post and go on that rather than who hinted/which roles make sense, it's very different but the general goal is the same, finding who is dishonest. You not paying much attention to the game, not because you're busy but because you don't like being roleless, is kinda insulting and I thought you're more the hardcore mafia fan and not so basic to be role addicted. This is why we can't have nice things.

I don't even think they announced it would be vanilla so no the low playercount should be unrelated to the game type.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Prosecutors and Vigilantes can have other Townies's input, the one with the HP can't.
But this is just blatantly false. You had all day yesterday to ask people who to Potato if you so much wanted input from others, yet you said nothing. Honestly the best thing about the Potato isn't even the explosion but the extra insight it gives you into the player passing it, and why they pick who they did. And this choice and the way you talk about it doesn't look much legit to me.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I AM THE DOCTOR, saved farfalla night 1 and riku night 2, thats why I lost my mind in day 3 I wanted to go farfalla again, pirate steal my role tonight.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I dont trust my ability to prevent a kill and there is always a risk I will die, we have maximum 2 days left as townies so desperate measures.
FFS DD isn't "you never claim Doc" like the first thing you learn in simple mafia games? Only when being lynched to change course. There's nothing that can protect you this night with Farf dead, and the Pirate stealing your role is kinda pointless too because the same goes for the Pirate, if he claims his role he is dead and his Doctoring will be short, as well as needing a 50% cointoss for it to work out.

At least we know you're clear with this, but I don't think you'd have been the lynch today so kinda too early.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

From my neutrals, Gry is slightly more suspicious, but there hasn't really been anything bothering about his play for me this far. Waiting for him to return. He is potential pirate right, since the pirate hasn't stood up yet. I'd like his input here.
Will be gathering my thoughts soon, but no I'm not Pirate.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,680
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I just can't let go of the last time Shad did something like this, when he was mafia in Omoneko and I especially was fooled by it and kept defending him several days because he's clearly just a confused townie. I thought he wouldn't act like this as town due to how he played last game with Lambu teaching him. He was town that game and a lot more collected, and not like lambu could've taught him how to play as mafia. So I saw 0 reason for town Shad to lose it like that, and much more similarities to Omoneko mafia Shad who is scared by pressure and deflects by going extreme. I was wrong on it, but I saw nowhere any indicator he's town due to his history.

Not sure how you can so confidently differentiate him from the Omoneko game. Do you think this town Shad played like last game's town Shad? Would he throw away everything Lambu taught him so quickly?

I was wrong but the game looks a lot more analytical now so it's better than doing round 3 of what happened last 2 days still.
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from to an extent, but looking at the cause and affect of his behaviour it seemed too irrational to be mafia panic. Mafia at the time were in a comfy position having reduced the townie numbers without any loss and town having nothing to work with, and from what I saw, Shad's whole Gry panic was caused by a single vote from you. Don't get me wrong, you're one of, if not, the strongest MG player on the site imo but if he was scum he wouldn't of been sweating bullets so badly from your vote; instead it looked a lot more like he convinced himself he'd hit the nail on the head and got more and more extravagant trying to convince people of his eureka moment which in turn attracted more and more attention of criticism of him to the point town couldn't look or think any other way than a decision needing to be made regarding him.

My perspective probably also helps that I was backreading through a majority of it and not reacting in real time, but I think cool heads grant far more perspective rather than getting swept up in the heat of the moment.

I don't fear Omoneko Shad, nor do I have a need to. I wasn't able to actually play the game nor follow it so that's a helpful factor, but no one is scary enough to be untouchable.

On the point of throwing away what Lambu taught him, it's a different game and not being able to discuss with someone and get that different perspective might mean you fall into old, bad habits or feel you have to disregard certain points to make headway when it looks like there's no other option.

Definitely, I hope my pushing a bit has helped the game get to a bit more of the analytical side rather than town chasing loose threads to its doom.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,608
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I trust Riku and Sam ATM. DD is Doc.

Both Lambu voted Marm and Shad. I already gave the HP to Lambu so for now I am voting Tatsumaki but I'd like to hear more from her.

Could also vote for Erin. I don't buy her being so lost. Between Gry and James I suspect Gry the most.

What do you guys think about the existence of a Traitor right now?
Can you explain why you trust or distrust people, not just say you do? It's a text game, you should be as clear and descriptive as possible.

Never fully bought the Traitor thing, looks too perfect to me to have Sleeper or a Death Miller this game than a Traitor. Mafia is leading enough as is, and don't think hosts balanced it to think mafia will get lynched early or get their kills blocked. It's possible but not likely enough to give them even more advantage. Though the Hot Potato is a mess balance wise since you can't predict which team it eventually sabotages.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm right here what do you want to hear from me ?
You've all brought up the same two arguments I already answered to.
Can you give me your list of players you trust and distrust, and also say why? And when you started to trust/distrust them(d1, d2, d3?).
--- Double Post Merged, ---

From my brief MU experience it's always useful in vanilla games to know people's "reads", or just their thoughts on players and how they form and change as the game progresses, if written well and consistent can really help navigate through flips to make conclusions.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If there is a Traitor he hasn't been recruited yet and I don't know it the Council has talked about it but players who are Traitors/Lovers can Like and Unlike quickly their target's posts to raise their awareness. I experienced it myself when I was 3some Candidate and Asako-Seraph were Lovers.
No we never discussed it. Imo it's a bit of a gray area, because the evidence is there, you check recent players' activity and I think the forum tracks the mass amount of likes the same post or couple posts received. Just a weird thing to check. Ideally unliking wouldn't be a thing.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Nvm @Tatsumaki saw your post above.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I apologise if I'm on the nose but using what time I have to pursue discussing things and not getting stuck on a single issue are necessary so we don't screw up the same way we did Days 1 and 2 by lynching Marm and Shad over non-issues.

You're cherry picking a vote I cast nearly 12 hours ago, before the James situation changed, to make what point exactly? I made it clear earlier I intend to change my vote to one of Gry, Erin, Tatsu, or perhaps you given some of my doubts but likely one of the other three. No point in wasting it on the others.
True enough. I still not like I'm but on same line with James. James is the one who actively hurts the game just because he didn't get an active role, and my only sin is getting pissed that behaviour.

Well, you've had 12 hours to change, and the poll allows us to be very liberal with vote changes so pointing things out :catshrug



I don't recall ever commenting on Asako being a potential traitor hence the kill; rather, earlier today I speculated I wouldn't put it past a wily player like Gry to kill her if he saw enough benefits in it.
It is not about what you said. It is what Asako said. If they thought Asako was their traitor, that means Asako name dropped a lot of mafia members. The question is, did she name drop you - not sure.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,680
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I've given it a lot of thought, and I think at this point I've got to go with what I trust is the right choice for my vote: Erinyes.

I can't be sure of Gry potentially being scum, so I'll wait to see how he adapts to the game taking on a different, perhaps more analytical style to it and figuring out if my suspicions are just or not.
I'm not 100% on Tatsu, some of their reasoning above seems okay and maybe after being prompted enough they might make posts with some more meat and substance to them.
Erin though, I just can't shake it. Flying low, deliberately under the radar with her posts being sweet nothings, and then that comment that she's not good at picking things up through backreading etc. when she's shown the opposite in the past, that comment just screams deflection to take focus away from her. Her votes have all been on players I perceive as town too which doesn't help matters in my books so considering all of that, she's the votee I'm most comfortable with lynching at this point based on behaviour and contributions.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Do I remember wrong, or did Panda say that only secondary roles are hidden from the open list? That would eliminate sleeper and death miller, since those are considered primary roles. If there is a sleeper, that should read on the role list?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But that's not really revelant right now.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,608
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from to an extent, but looking at the cause and affect of his behaviour it seemed too irrational to be mafia panic. Mafia at the time were in a comfy position having reduced the townie numbers without any loss and town having nothing to work with, and from what I saw, Shad's whole Gry panic was caused by a single vote from you. Don't get me wrong, you're one of, if not, the strongest MG player on the site imo but if he was scum he wouldn't of been sweating bullets so badly from your vote; instead it looked a lot more like he convinced himself he'd hit the nail on the head and got more and more extravagant trying to convince people of his eureka moment which in turn attracted more and more attention of criticism of him to the point town couldn't look or think any other way than a decision needing to be made regarding him.

My perspective probably also helps that I was backreading through a majority of it and not reacting in real time, but I think cool heads grant far more perspective rather than getting swept up in the heat of the moment.

I don't fear Omoneko Shad, nor do I have a need to. I wasn't able to actually play the game nor follow it so that's a helpful factor, but no one is scary enough to be untouchable.

On the point of throwing away what Lambu taught him, it's a different game and not being able to discuss with someone and get that different perspective might mean you fall into old, bad habits or feel you have to disregard certain points to make headway when it looks like there's no other option.

Definitely, I hope my pushing a bit has helped the game get to a bit more of the analytical side rather than town chasing loose threads to its doom.
You got the order wrong there. He panicked already on D1, feel free to reread his D1 posts or our exchange(it's not a fun read). In my mind he thought he was getting lynched by me and I'll get others to go on him too(his own words) so he started making noise early rather than late to avoid the votes. D2 I started by voting him not just for suspicions but also for fun due to our exchanges and him saying he likes the attention, yet there he flips out again. Looked to me a lot more like him "having to play his role" now that he already went crazy D1 and that it'd be odd to calm down D2. Again, he did the same in Omoneko. He got his Daws lynch, was wrong, yet instead of admitting he was wrong and humbling himself he doubles down and goes again the crazy path. This double-down here looked the same.

Explains a lot that you didn't play that game or you'd feel what I feel. He could absolutely not be reasoned with that game even after being proven wrong. One thing I do agree is that his "vote and lynch me" thing of yesterday that he was urging people was very new for him(both as mafia and town), but I thought he maybe is hoping for it to have the opposite effect and people to believe he's being just a crazy townie.

And regardless of all that, it was just so tiring. He said X, I respond or show he's wrong/lying, he responds back in a mocking tone, moves the goalposts and hammers away. Then an hour later after I stop, he says the same X again to solidify his "points" he was making, even though I showed him wrong. Infuriating is a better description. If it was anyone else I'd have still not let that provoke me but the feeling that I'm being used like in Omoneko again just couldn't let me accept it.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Like I said yesterday, while he was annoying, lynching Shad was the wrong move yesterday and frustration or not town should've been wiser about how it voted.

I believe some of the scum should be amongst the Shad voters as it was far too easy for them to get a free lynch without needing to work for it. @GrySun @Lambu you two as experienced players I thought you'd see through Shad's townie panic and would've expected better of you; not going to spend a whole day chasing you Gry but you should explain yourself more given I know you have far better judgement than what you've shown. Definitely think you're scum @James Rye and potentially you too @Tatsumaki . Won't rule out Riku but we'll see.
I really dont want to go back into the absurdity of the Shad situation, just thinking its very easy to judge people's decisions about something when you aren't even following their train of thought.
For you it was a "paranoid townie speaking nonsense after nonsense", to me it was a "mafia pretending to be paranoid". As Gry pointed out he did that play before and it worked wonders for him.

You'd believe 3/4 of those people who didn't vote Shad (Tatsu the only Shad voter there) didn't materialize the intention to go for something else? Scum had it way too easy making the issue revolve around Shad and his issue with Gry yesterday, and nothing sticks out to me that you really wanted discussion to go somewhere else based on what you said yesterday. What's up with that Lambu? If anything, your posts yesterday only show you helping Shad to dig his hole deeper; something I think you'd typically do as scum. Irrational or not, I think you could see that Shad was a townie but chose to see him gone anyway given where things stood. We were already staring at an 8 v 3 situation at that point with the odds being greater that mafia could end up hitting correctly with a kill so yesterday really should've had people being more conscious of how they voted yet it ended up being an easy pile-on and thats very stinky. I know you have better judgement than what you showed, so whats up with it? Are you red this game?
How did I dig deeper on anything? My conversation with him started with trying to make him look at other players aswell, only for him to go for my neck cause "I wasn't on his side", the proceeded to do the same with Riku and Farfalla.
It strikes me way more odd how people like you or James simply knew "he was town and picked on by a bunch of bullies" but decided to not step up on it. Looking at the carnage and then pointing fingers at the survivors instead of trying to solve it. Whats up with that Sam?

You became much more active after it's been pointed out though. You even quoted me when I said this. We can all agree that low activity doesn't mean you are necessarily Mafia but you are using this as argument here.
Now this would have been reason I could have understood from your point of view, because its true I became more active just after that talk, unfortunate coincidence.

Unfortunately for you tho its not a valid reason to choose killing an active player over an inactive sliding behind the entire thing when you suspect both. The first reason that popped into your mind was "I dont want to kill an inactive, I would feel sorry for them" which is outrageous.

I still can't shake the feeling Marm was lynched to save Sam, or the vote patterns may looks so. it's hard to speculate without any investigation or solid basis, hint etc, it's basically just feeling and interpretation of patterns, wording, interactions etc. like usual games but with nothing to rely on. But so far Demon and Jamrs look different than usual (might be due to the game setting) Sam was conveniently saved it maybe just chance but maybe there' is more to it. And Tatsu happened to have casted the last vote on Marm on D1.
Its true, we should not forget this.

@Riku You realize that both Lambu and Tatsu voted for the same players?

It's not that I feel bad for inactive but it‘s part of it. Compared to Lambu I had less to work with and I didn't want to try my luck and be potentially the sole responsible for a Townie death.

It probably seems so simple to you because you haven't experienced it.
Context, we didn't vote under the same circumstances, we didn't interact with other players in the same way, we didn't even communicate our thoughts in the same way.
Its a very bad choice no matter how you look at it, "pressure" is not an excuse.

I AM THE DOCTOR, saved farfalla night 1 and riku night 2, thats why I lost my mind in day 3 I wanted to go farfalla again, pirate steal my role tonight.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I dont trust my ability to prevent a kill and there is always a risk I will die, we have maximum 2 days left as townies so desperate measures.
This was too soon, they are going to kill you now :notlikethis

Now the only thing we can hope is the pirate wins the 50-50, this is messed up

If Lambu is town, then chances are high Demon is scum and getting rid of another player using the potato.
Dont misunderstand now, Demon is not scummy because I flip Town.
Demon is scummy because he decided to free-kill me over clearly more shady characters. When I die this doesn't make Demon confirmed mafia or any crazy bs like that, it will just evidence the gravity of the "mistake" or "mafia play" depeding on the light you cast on it.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Read Tatsus replies, and she defended well. Very calm. Too calm? No scum vibes for me though.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,680
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
True enough. I still not like I'm but on same line with James. James is the one who actively hurts the game just because he didn't get an active role, and my only sin is getting pissed that behaviour.

Well, you've had 12 hours to change, and the poll allows us to be very liberal with vote changes so pointing things out :catshrug





It is not about what you said. It is what Asako said. If they thought Asako was their traitor, that means Asako name dropped a lot of mafia members. The question is, did she name drop you - not sure.
Haha you cheeky bugger, getting this in just as I'm about to hit send on my vote change post :P

I hear you on the James thing, he seems to be changing it now though so better late than never.

Given I won't be awake when day ends (currently 12:38AM as I write this, and I have to run to Uni when I am awake), I wanted to give due consideration to how I used my vote and the current state of the game. The game is at a critical junction imo, and we need to lynch correctly to stand a chance. Ideally, we lynch a scum today and Lambu blows up as scum, but I fear it mightn't end that way so making sure I'm clear in my reasoning and making sure I feel I'm making the right call are crucial to me. For me, Erin has the most stink to her at this moment from my considerations, so she's my vote.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Riku is my towniest player at the moment, I do think he's been consistent but I've never played with him before so I don't know his mafia play. The only one I would trust as of now.
Actually we played together in your first game, the OMO Weekly.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,608
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ah and it's not Omoneko Shad being "scary", but how much I felt bad and disappointed in myself when after all the defending I did of him in Omoneko with the same reasoning you are mentioning here, all it got me was that he got lynched by majority that didn't want it anymore, and he flipped mafia like a spit in the face.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I think all the players have now been online a decent junk after DD's claim. No counter claims or Pirate claims despite that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top