omo! but in fake spanish

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A plan to break the game you say?Haven't fully caught up yet but here's some input in the meantime.
I had my role before. I know some people don't like it but I was actually considering keeping it as I had some successful runs with it in the past. This mecha makes me bit doubtful though.
Hmm, if that's really possible then let's do a pair system and "break" their game, or at least push the limits. It seems like a whole mess in early game that I am actually started regretting having signed upso I am down to bring some structure in it.
I made alphabetical pairs. Let me know if that idea is majority-proof.
Asako AwkwardMisha Brandish Crescent Jinx Demonspeed Erinyes Evil3ye Gajeel GB GrySun Holt James Lambu Marmalade Shad shinobi SirSamuel SonOfDaws Tatsumaki Vandred
Gnut (the refuser) we lynch today, so it's even 20.

Eeeww why am I paired with Lambu. Just kidding haha.Haven't fully caught up yet but here's some input in the meantime.
I had my role before. I know some people don't like it but I was actually considering keeping it as I had some successful runs with it in the past. This mecha makes me bit doubtful though.
Hmm, if that's really possible then let's do a pair system and "break" their game, or at least push the limits. It seems like a whole mess in early game that I am actually started regretting having signed upso I am down to bring some structure in it.
I made alphabetical pairs. Let me know if that idea is majority-proof.
Asako AwkwardMisha Brandish Crescent Jinx Demonspeed Erinyes Evil3ye Gajeel GB GrySun Holt James Lambu Marmalade Shad shinobi SirSamuel SonOfDaws Tatsumaki Vandred
Gnut (the refuser) we lynch today, so it's even 20.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't want to break the game to begin with. It would be boring.Haven't fully caught up yet but here's some input in the meantime.
I had my role before. I know some people don't like it but I was actually considering keeping it as I had some successful runs with it in the past. This mecha makes me bit doubtful though.
Hmm, if that's really possible then let's do a pair system and "break" their game, or at least push the limits. It seems like a whole mess in early game that I am actually started regretting having signed upso I am down to bring some structure in it.
I made alphabetical pairs. Let me know if that idea is majority-proof.
Asako AwkwardMisha Brandish Crescent Jinx Demonspeed Erinyes Evil3ye Gajeel GB GrySun Holt James Lambu Marmalade Shad shinobi SirSamuel SonOfDaws Tatsumaki Vandred
Gnut (the refuser) we lynch today, so it's even 20.
That's scum talk, bro. Votekill Demonspeed.Not a great Top 3 bro.
Obviously both will know, you would need to know if your new role can still keep switching or not until the switch phase of the game is done.Back, kind of, gotta go sleep in 1h. My initial thoughts, feel free to disagree or correct anything.
If a role is swapped.
I assume both players will know about it, as in they will get a PM stating the new role/allegiance.
I also assume that they won't be told who initiated the swap.
If this is true then if I catch a red with my swap, they won't know I'm red, but they will have my role, meaning any hint I dropped about it will play against my new allegiance.
It seems greens will need to find other greens, to win, if you find a red it will be bad for you since you will have to play differently as Lambu stated.
Only roles that need to confirm sanity will have issue swapping. If you are a Det for example and you get a new green role, provide your target / result for the previous night, without waiting for somebody to request it.
The pirate aspect of this mechanic is better than the actual role, so all town should try to swap with a person they trust.
What would happen if 2 people target the same person? Coin toss, winner get the swap, loser keep his role?
In that case it maybe smart to coordinate our swap in the day phase.
It we coordinate in the day phase, if a green switches with a red, we will know for sure who is the new red.
Yep, this game will be done if we do it the pair way. Easy as that, sure mafia can "break" one pair with a kill, maybe even 2 kills if we got a blue guy but like that won't really stop towns with 2 nights swapping and confirming one another.Okay so unless I'm too sleepy and tired, this mechanic looks sooo abusable. Like, we could ruin the game right now on N1. I'm sure if Hardy was here he'd have already made a plan that essentially flips the table.
Like, if we all make pairs of 2 that must swap their roles, everyone will swap, the "new" townies now know who should be a "new" mafia, and mafia loses.
Of course this means the unlucky townies would lose the game for this, however this sounds amazing for mafia because they will then become town and win LMAO.
I see Brandish calling it a "sacrifice", when the only ones sacrificing their win are townies that swap. Mafias swap into green victory, townies swap into something like 25%/75% red loss/green victory.
Ofc there's limitations like some uncooperative people(gnut) refusing to swap at all circumstances, but would at worst delay the game conclusion.
Though this is lame AF, and would waste our game of the month, so maybe the best bet is not abusing the mechanic and only having few people do the swap.
Which unfortunately renders a lot of the advantage moot, but I guess it can be fun shuffles for first few nights? The role-list is a work in progress, and we are tasked to complete it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No problem there gnut. Just take the Det result of the guy the Det targetted and apply it to the guy who the target swapped with.
And if a Det swaps, can't they then openly D2 say "ok I was Det, to the guy I swapped with, X was guilty/innocent, so continue off from there!"? Without saying who they swapped with.
Though if 2 people must target each other there's like no way for this to happen accidentally and would need to be arranged openly at day to begin with.. Meh.
Sure they can, but if we do the pair thingie then lying turns out hard if the other one goes "yeah, no, that can't be, I was Mafia scum on day 1 so how can you still be green if I had turned green now?".Actually, if you swap with him and you swap with you, nothing will happen.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And mafia can't swap, but they can lie about doing it.
Alright fine by me. I actually wanted to steal from gnut tonight to see what role he didn't wanted to lose/swap with someone else but if we lynch him we see his role anyway. And @Holt , my condolences, have fun with my role. Except you are red scum, then you better think up a good lie why I didn't got my role swapped tomorrow. ^^Haven't fully caught up yet but here's some input in the meantime.
I had my role before. I know some people don't like it but I was actually considering keeping it as I had some successful runs with it in the past. This mecha makes me bit doubtful though.
Hmm, if that's really possible then let's do a pair system and "break" their game, or at least push the limits. It seems like a whole mess in early game that I am actually started regretting having signed upso I am down to bring some structure in it.
I made alphabetical pairs. Let me know if that idea is majority-proof.
Asako AwkwardMisha Brandish Crescent Jinx Demonspeed Erinyes Evil3ye Gajeel GB GrySun Holt James Lambu Marmalade Shad shinobi SirSamuel SonOfDaws Tatsumaki Vandred
Gnut (the refuser) we lynch today, so it's even 20.
That's the beauty of it, they can't really as they cannot persue to swap with someone.i think its an interesting idea and probably the only way to make the night phase in terms of swapping less chaotic! Do wonder if everyone will go along with this… it does feel ambitious, and how are scum going to respond to this?
Mechanics are there to be exploited. Like with the Yugioh one with the item shop were town was basically given 3 "confirm townies by turning them into cowboys by selling their previous actual townie role" but nooooooo~, no one but me followed that plan and Mafia quickly brought those roles up to avoid having them used against themselves. And I think they won the game back then too.I don't want to break the game to begin with. It would be boring.
Who would you like to lynch instead then? One of the people not liking the pair swap idea like Gaj or Demon?I don‘t agree with lynching gnut, he did revert on his stance as he understood the swapping mechanic more which is a good thing.
Yeah, one swaps the other waits. Since red/blue cannot swap they would have to kill the guy they are supposed to be swapping with which makes them sus. If green swaps with a red/blue, the new green would know who the new red/blue guy is due the pair system and goes "ok, folks, I am no longer scum". And since the new red/blue are unable to swap they are pretty much trapped in their scum roles.so from what i understand its not that both of the pair will swap in the same night but that one swap this night and the other swap next night ?
so from what i understand its not that both of the pair will swap in the same night but that one swap this night and the other swap next night ?
They will swap in the same night, if they both target each other.Yeah, one swaps the other waits.
If they both swap in the same night they keep their initial roles though. Like that was your question to Farfalla and Panda just some time ago:They will swap in the same night, if they both target each other.
Be back in 1 hour.
Answer of Panda:@Farfalla @Copy Panda
If 2 town swap with each other, and no other town swap with them that night (no coin toss), do they keep their initial roles? (they swap twice and go back to their original position)?
So no double targeting, one targets the other and the other does nothing but wait for the swap to confirm one another.
I see what you mean, but why wait another night?If they both swap in the same night they keep their initial roles though. Like that was your question to Farfalla and Panda just some time ago:
Answer of Panda:
So no double targeting, one targets the other and the other does nothing but wait for the swap to confirm one another.
No. It‘s a cointoss. First I swap with Asako, then Asako swaps with me, all in same night, prio 4.so from what i understand its not that both of the pair will swap in the same night but that one swap this night and the other swap next night ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Idk, my enjoyment of the game is plummeting due to this mechanic. Not what I looked forward to.Who would you like to lynch instead then? One of the people not liking the pair swap idea like Gaj or Demon?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You confuse me. I don‘t think we are on the same page.If they both swap in the same night they keep their initial roles though. Like that was your question to Farfalla and Panda just some time ago:
Answer of Panda:
So no double targeting, one targets the other and the other does nothing but wait for the swap to confirm one another.
I don't remember the details but why do you think no one followed that plan? Was it you who proposed it? Almost every game it seems that someone proposes something which will break the game but it never seems to work.Mechanics are there to be exploited. Like with the Yugioh one with the item shop were town was basically given 3 "confirm townies by turning them into cowboys by selling their previous actual townie role" but nooooooo~, no one but me followed that plan and Mafia quickly brought those roles up to avoid having them used against themselves. And I think they won the game back then too.
We could also lynch you today and replace your name on the list with gnut if you want to. You would still have played the game "properly" before we broke it after night 1 and 2.