Fun Thread Kiss or Count - Part 2

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
72

...and all the "Du-eee-ru" "Du-eee-ru" "Du-eee-ru!!!" got old really fast! freaking "duel" zombies...
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
75
73

Thoughts on 5DS uber?
I think it's great. Great main characters, lots of badass moments and a nice soundtrack made it really good. The darker undertone was an interesting change too. I especially enjoyed the WRGP arc as well as that little subplot in the last couple of episodes, with Jack vs Yusei. Also, some filler episodes were pretty good! like that part with Kalin where they went all Western and shit xD.

Rather than giving more details on why it's good, I'll talk about some negative aspects I didn't like:

Characters: Too many characters (especially in the beginning!). Aside from the main cast, I only cared about a few while the majority felt like a wast of screen time. Also, unlike GX the focus shifts away from the characters in favor of the plot after the first season, so many (like Crow) stopped being developed. Also, why is Yusei being perfect at everything? Give him some flaws lol! (he's still likable though!)

Plot: I think the last arc (vs Zone) especially was very weird. It felt like it was tryharding with its time-travel plot without making too much sense. It had nice aspects (like the story of the apocalyptic future) but in the end it left us with some plotholes and many unanswered questions; like why the antagonists are resorting to such over-the-top methods to achieve their goal (it reaches parody level sometimes).

Duels: It took time to get used to riding duels. Also, outside tournaments or major events most duels were not interesting.
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,604
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
76

We haven‘t watched any 5DS episodes since Yusei soloed Team Unicorn, and Jack developed backwards again. That was all really hard to swallow.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
77
76

We haven‘t watched any 5DS episodes since Yusei soloed Team Unicorn, and Jack developed backwards again. That was all really hard to swallow.
I'd still recommend you watch the epilogue in the last 3 episodes (or two). It's worth it imo (that'll wash all the shit those filler episodes splashed on Jack's development).
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
78

Did you all watch or rewatch it as adults? I don't remember most of it by now.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,188
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
79
78

Did you all watch or rewatch it as adults? I don't remember most of it by now.
We (me and Gry) are watching the 5DS for the first time now. For the GX, I think Gry saw some dubbed epis, me too, but we fully watched it recently too, i actually disliked it as a kid because the brazilian dub was so bad imo, I thought the anime was annoying. Then fast forward me as an adult crying rivers for the characters. <_> As for the normal Yugioh I've watched most of it as a kid, same for Gry.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
80
78

Did you all watch or rewatch it as adults? I don't remember most of it by now.
I watched Gx in my teens, and then rewatched recently. I proudly state it got me shedding manly tears (mainly season 3).

As for 5Ds, I was kinda put off by the tone shift when it first came out. I only got into it in 2011 when it was about to end. I was pretty much a fresh adult by then. And I did rewatch the series a couple of years back.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
82
Episode 148 :scry:scry:scry

Just remembered the major flaw of GX:
WHY HAVEN'T THEY RELEASED CAMULA'S THEME????!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,604
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
83

Idk. Konami sucks. They never released the names of composers for their Duel Links soundtracks too.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
84

yeah no shit...had to piece together a version of the theme from bits of episodes where it plays. Not the best result (some background noise was unavoidable) but I prefer it to existing fan made versions.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
86

80


I watched Gx in my teens, and then rewatched recently. I proudly state it got me shedding manly tears (mainly season 3).

As for 5Ds, I was kinda put off by the tone shift when it first came out. I only got into it in 2011 when it was about to end. I was pretty much a fresh adult by then. And I did rewatch the series a couple of years back.
I'm afraid I only watched this one centuries ago:


By the time GX was on I didn't watch TV at the cartoons time anymore and had yet to fall in love with anime.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,188
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
87
86



I'm afraid I only watched this one centuries ago:


By the time GX was on I didn't watch TV at the cartoons time anymore and had yet to fall in love with anime.
you should give GX a try, but I recommend the original version (in japanese), subbed. It’s very good and strikes right through the heart.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
87


you should give GX a try, but I recommend the original version (in japanese), subbed. It’s very good and strikes right through the heart.
88

I might. I watch everything subbed. I can't stand absolutely no dub, usually.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
1
 
Top