Shounen Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So... how do you guys feel about Satoda Sensei's death

I feel like this is a pretty big development for the series since no one we know has really died yet... but I guess I kind of wish it was handled better? She has such a cool setup as a character that I feel that Suzuki should have done more with her. I wish she had given Kanaguri more of a fight. Idk her dying to protect her students is a great concept I just feel like it happened too quickly or something
I agree, to a certain extent.

Everything about her journey is great and her dying for her students makes sense with her character. It's just that we didn't really spend enough time with her. She was introduced and killed off in the same arc. Which can work sometimes, but I feel like, with everything else going on in this arc, she still didn't get as much focus. It would've been better if she were introduced a bit earlier in the series.

Maybe there could've been an additional admission exam scene and she was the proctor for it. Have it be where she ends up having to leave or is taken off because she's too easy going on the students or too harsh on them to keep them from joining. Due to shenangians, Sakamoto and Shin are late to the exam and happen to miss her, but Akira happened upon her, setting up their link a bit earlier.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Spent a few days to get caught up to all but this upcoming weeks chapter. I think the school arc has been my favorite so far. Really need the Seba bros to get back together...but otherwise I really like Shin paired with either Seba's, they make a good team.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
Club Jam has really lost and now we get a fight between three Order tier fighters!

Not that I dislike her or anything but I'd like to see Osaragi afraid or something for once :heh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not a 2 VS 1 after all.

Great fight so far!
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope Club Jam comes back. I liked his aesthetic and the way he did his hypnotism.

I was looking forward to seeing what Shishiba was capable of, but I'm not too impressed right now. Maybe The Raid 2 spoiled me on hammer based assassins.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This chapter was positively hype. I kinda hoped the Geisha would stick around a bit longer, but Osaragi's finish was magnificent.

I'm curious if the reason for the Order's lack of members isn't actually because their aren't enough strong people, but because of Shishiba's comments about making sure they aren't just hiring any old maniac. Maybe a mix.
 

Royami

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 21, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
37
Country
United States
This last chapter was... intense.

I'll just say that I feel like there has to be more to the story. It explains why he hates the conspiracy group, but we know that nowadays he hates the JAA. So I'm wondering what's up with that. But wow, imagine going to such lengths to neutralize your enemy. Yotsumura must truly be powerful.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yotsumura's wife being a traitor was obvious but having Amane just for this? That's crazy.

Shishiba falling for someone like Osaragi would be... :lmao

This last chapter was... intense.

I'll just say that I feel like there has to be more to the story. It explains why he hates the conspiracy group, but we know that nowadays he hates the JAA. So I'm wondering what's up with that. But wow, imagine going to such lengths to neutralize your enemy. Yotsumura must truly be powerful.
Does he hate the JAA? I think he is still working with them as a double agent.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hmm, Shishiba wins? I guess we'll know for sure next chapter.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, this chapter threw a hell of a curveball. I have no idea what we're building to, but it really seems like something even bigger is brewing in the background and it isn't Slur.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
Amane causing so much trouble for Yotsumura... I don't think Nagumo is an enemy and it's clear he is investigating to learn who killed Akao but he is such an asshole :lmao.
 

Gaku

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2018
Messages
200
Reaction score
174
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Amane causing so much trouble for Yotsumura... I don't think Nagumo is an enemy and it's clear he is investigating to learn who killed Akao but he is such an asshole :lmao.
I think he already knows Uzuki was the killer of Rion.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Nagumo is investigating Rion's death. We've been told that Slur killed her, but we really don't know the specifics.

We've just learned that the JAA had been dealing with a coup attempt some years ago and Yatsumura himself had been set up to take the fall. I think it's likely that shift in power coincides with Rion's death, Nagumo's new potential employers, and Slur's motivation to destroy the corrupt JAA and start over.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,206
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
This chapter was positively hype. I kinda hoped the Geisha would stick around a bit longer, but Osaragi's finish was magnificent.
I like everything about Osaragi, her style, her look, her personality, her fights. shes at the same time a damn savage but elegant/beautiful. this fight was really gorgeous aesthetically. Looking forward to the anime, this manga is so far pretty good, and one of Jump's current best imo.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This ended quicker than I expected, but still a great fight. The silhouette scene and the ending flute finish were fantastic.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Things have certainly taken a turn.

Glad that Kanaguri isn't out as he's a fun character. Him following his own goals mean he's likely going to be another X-Factor in the future.

It's crazy how strong Akira is when she's got a goal in mind. That's three prospects that X will have on his "side" now. Going to be interesting to see how Akira gets on with the other 2. I imagine she's gong to assist in their escape, but it won't be easy.

My boy Shin really needs to catch up physically. Don't know what the end goal is with him, but even with his lessons from Satoda and his power glove, it feels like he's lagging behind.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
Think a little Akira... Even if you were strong enough to defeat X how are you going to do that in his own hideout and when your intentions are so obvious...

With that being said, I want to see her interactions with Gaku.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No one wants to fight Takamura :lmao.

Uzuki has a double personality huh. It must be the case but I wonder why they didn't consider the possibility that he was simply laying low at school.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Amane joins the team and Lu is finally back(for a moment I thought she would only be on the special page.)

It was clear already but Kanaguri is really insane.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Sakamoto, Nagumo and Akao are such a cool trio :hip.

This arc is starting well.

Teachers are allowed to send students to impossible missions to get rid of them? Cool... :neutral
 

Royami

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 21, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
37
Country
United States
Read up to Chp 107 --
We're finally getting answers on what went down between Uzuki, Sakamoto, and Akao. I've long suspected that Sakamoto hasn't been completely upfront with what happened and I'm intrigued to see what really happened. I'm also curisus to see how Nagumo is involved, because he seems to have his own questions on Akao's death and it really seems like Sakamoto hasn't told him everything either.
Wondering who it is that they've been tasked to kill. My first thought was Takamura but that seems far fetched. Guessing it's some mysterious character we haven't heard about it yet but they're probably connected to Uzuki hence his inolvement in whatever happens next.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chp 108-- Uzuki showing up after Akao had tied up those other assasins felt ominous to me...
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France


:lmao

There is no way Akao is dying here, right? It's their first mission together.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was contemplating the possibility that this was some sort of test last week when Steel Dragon brought up Satoda, but I wasn't sure since it wouldn't make sense to send your most promising students out to die, no matter how troublesome they are. Plus, the logic just doesn't make much sense.

Why send troublemakers to die rather than expel them? I get these three are the exception since they are both skilled and had recommendations from Satoda, but why send other students to their death like this?

This is a nitpick in the grand scheme and this chapter was great, but that was a weird framing for the mission with this reveal.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
I was contemplating the possibility that this was some sort of test last week when Steel Dragon brought up Satoda, but I wasn't sure since it wouldn't make sense to send your most promising students out to die, no matter how troublesome they are. Plus, the logic just doesn't make much sense.

Why send troublemakers to die rather than expel them? I get these three are the exception since they are both skilled and had recommendations from Satoda, but why send other students to their death like this?

This is a nitpick in the grand scheme and this chapter was great, but that was a weird framing for the mission with this reveal.
It looks like it's supposed to be a test, but the guy is using this to recruit members and the JAA is unaware. All the previous test takers were most likely killed or recruited.

EDIT: I just stated the obvious. What I find stranger is the casual reveal from the examiner.

Also, Slur never joined Order, right?
 
Last edited:
Top