Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 578 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 578 Spoilers & Discussion

Yelnats

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
You are right that i misquoted it.
I was the one who misquoted it first in the previous reply. Sorry about that.

First, "as his only daughter among his close children and grandchildren,(...)" means she is his daughter, which is incorrect as we all know she is his granddaughter. Or you could also read it like she is his only biological (grand)daughter and all the other "close" children and grandchildren are adopted, but then why exactly would they be called "close"?
"We all know" is incorrect. At first I also thought she is his granddaughter but the others pointed to me that is not the case. So the majority of the posters here actually believe Laura is daughter.

Second, if we put the missing quote after the first statement we get basically "because i'm his daughter, i'm called his daughter" which is nonsensical, not to mention incorrect again. It could be salvaged somewhat if in the first statement she called herself his granddaughter. Then it would mean she is among few others who have been honored/given the privilege to be called his daughters.
You should apply 10F/ToG logic, real world logic doesn't necessarily apply because in real world, human doesn't live for thousand years. Lobadon has many children to the point that only select few children get the honor to be formally called as his son or his daughter (formal acknowledgement/approval, for example, Khun Ran is acknowledged as true son of Eduan).

Third, when we add context to that statement, she is trying to impress Baam with her connections. If she only said the first part, it would be ok: she is the only close daughter of Robadon - that carries weight. Implies she might be someone who knows what he is thinking, his confidante etc. But with the addition of the second part it kind of loses it. It means she gets to be called his daughter (meaning she is recognized as a legitimate descendant/heir) BUT it also means there are OTHER people who are NOT his close descendants that are outstanding enough to be recognized by him and called his daughters. Now, why would you phrase it like that if you are trying to impress someone? You are putting yourself in a losing position already. But if she phrased it like i proposed ("as daughter of one of the descendants close to Lobadon, I am one of those who have been honored to be called a daughter of Robadon") she starts with giving herself some status already (first part of the sentence) and then giving her status another boost by saying she's been recognized for her efforst/feats/whatever and granted a privilege that few can have.
Because the second part is a formal approval so it carry more weight than the first part which is informal. She only mention the first part as the reason why she received the second part. Note that there could be other reason(s) someone can receive the second part.

Fourth, i translated the text using papago which is believed to be a more accurate translator than google as well and it reads: "I'm the daughter of one of the closest descendants to you, and I'm one of those who gets the honor of being called the daughter of Robaddon. " If we omit the obvious pronoun mistakes it's almost the same as google mtl. I tried to find a word that would mean "only" in the raws but i failed to do so.
Cosmicscan is not translated with google. It is translated by real people who can speak both Korean and English.

Fifth, it wasn't in my initial post but you raised the issue of possible Robadon's daughters marrying into other families/branches and staying with them, thus not being close to him. Robadon's family is one of the most prestigious families in LPB. It was said a few times throughout this arc. Frankly speaking, if there was a marriage between familes/branches i'd expect the other party to marry into Robadon's family because then they would be "marrying up" when it comes to social standing. If there is a shortage of females of "great genes" in his branch, it doesn't make sense to send his daughters to other families/branches when they could potentially birth powerful children to them. If there are more of them AND they marry into other families, it would be stupid to "abandon" them and not consider them close, especially if they can be allies when it comes to internal conflicts within LPB family, like we have now with Robadon and Kirin which is said to have been going on for quite some time (meaning possibly centuries). I don't think Robadon, being a DD of a "chess master" Traum, would be foolish enough to do that, considering how long he stays alive and in power within the LPB family.
I undestand your logic, that's how it works in modern world, but not in the old world (especially East Asian empire/kingdom). Back then, sending princesses to other kingdoms (both larger and smaller) are common, here is the logic behind it:

By leaving the daughters in their husband family/branch, Lobadon's descendants through that daughter will create an influence inside that family/branch which is and advantage to Lobadon. It increase the likelihood that the next head of the family/branch is his descendant.

Last edited:

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Blood Angel the special unit!?!?! If bloods her fit she instantly moves into my top 5 but she could be slaughtering some beastkin too!!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also I believe she’s a hatchling!

MO SIU had their panels descend in terms of Rank as done for the PB army generals!

WGW>Umti>turtle>Holan>BA>???

CountDookoe

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Blood Angel the special unit!?!?! If bloods her fit she instantly moves into my top 5 but she could be slaughtering some beastkin too!!!
bro i'd wear beastkin shoes no fucks given. a fit fully made out of blood sounds dope tho, if this was 18+ they could some really cool shit with that.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Ren isn't average. He was chosen to be part of the RED. Plus Baam was testing stuff. I said Baam can stomp average Rankers but she is probably below average as she is.
Isn't it fairly hard to gauge Ren lvl ? Hansung felt fairly tense in their meeting, and considering that even Zahard Rankers on the administration side like Charlie are said to be in the top 25%, with Ren almost certainly being a good chunk above him, i feel like Ren would definitely very low diff a Pam tier Ranker, and when Baam could use his shinsu he was no match for Ren. I feel like he might be able to neutralize a run of the mill Ranker easily at this point.
That said if I had to bet on Laura being a Ranker i would say no.
The gaps from entry level Rankers to elite Rankers to advanced Rankers aren't large. Giving the amount of struggle Baam had against Pan and how he fought Charlie a bit later, I've a hard time seeing the latter low diffing Pan in a fight.
Ren is also weaker than Lero Ro who in turn had a hard time against one of Madoraco's minions in the workshop battle, hardly doubt he is more than a cut stronger than someone like Charlie.
We also had several exchanges between advanced Rankers and average to elite Rankers on panel (Jordan&Baam vs R, Jordan vs Tall, Culden vs R's twin, Zamzam vs Ren, Sicarius vs Love, etc). The commonality between them is that the advanced Rankers need their high end skills or ultimate assets to have a definitive edge against the Rankers, whether they're considered average or elite.
If base Baam struggled a bit against Ren and needed to bring some high end moves to put him down, then I don't see him casually subduing a Ranker the same way he did to Laura. Ren on his own would struggle to beat an average Ranker although he'd come up on top ultimately.
Actually, you need a HR tier individual to subdue a Ranker so easily.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Blood Angel the special unit!?!?! but she could be slaughtering some beastkin too!!!
BHs fears Lobadon
Wolf was paralyzed when
Laura bring that name up
Plus Lobadon have a lot
Rankers in his team
He is not easy even if they gang up
On him!

I bet he has a couple of BH on his side too.

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Laura is not devoid of a certain cunning but I still don't understand why she was chosen to be the breeder of princesses
Just because she is the daughther of Lobadon?

also, finally we see Kirin standing.

good chaptzr but couldn't help but cringz at Khun's line "Yuri is much stronger than us, Baam!!"

brzytki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
"We all know" is incorrect. At first I also thought she is his granddaughter but the others pointed to me that is not the case. So the majority of the posters here actually believe Laura is daughter.
Ok, maybe there are still people who think she is Robadon's daughter but after this chapter there should be none. Laura was introduced as his granddaughter and Kadede was introduced as his grandson, while he is still calling Laura his "aunt". That's where the confusion about her relationship with Robadon started. Please note that until the most recent chapter she has not spoken addressing Robadon, iirc. In this chapter though she clearly stated that he is her grandfather just before the quoted translation: (paraphrasing since I'm on my smartphone) "he is the founder of our branch and my grandfather". She then says the part I translated which essentially means "I'm a daughter of his descendant (meaning at least a granddaughter of his) but I can can be called his daughter". And then she switches the way she is addressing Robadon and uses "father". This is very logical.

You should apply 10F/ToG logic, real world logic doesn't necessarily apply because in real world, human doesn't live for thousand years. Lobadon has many children to the point that only select few children get the honor to be formally called as his son or his daughter (formal acknowledgement/approval, for example, Khun Ran is acknowledged as true son of Eduan).
That's true and I have nothing against it if our discussion stopped here and we didn't have any more knowledge. But we do know a bit more so it just doesn't work.

Because the second part is a formal approval so it carry more weight than the first part which is informal. She only mention the first part as the reason why she received the second part. Note that there could be other reason(s) someone can receive the second part.
I understand what you are saying. But think again for a minute. You're saying the only reason she can be called his daughter is because of formal acknowledgement of her birth. It basically means she was the best among his kin. The flip side to it is there are other people who put enough effort to be recognised by Robadon and were put on the SAME pedestal that Laura but without her background. That alone puts her at a disadvantage when compared to them because (let's use a hyperbole here) some peasants have the exact social standing as her whereas she should be above them by the sole fact she is Robadon's kin. Do you now see how her statement would be self-depreciating? That's what I've been saying the whole time. Cosmicscans tl of that part is making her look bad instead of good and it's no way to impress someone.

Cosmicscan is not translated with google. It is translated by real people who can speak both Korean and English.
You might've misunderstood what I was saying. I translated that part twice, using Google tl and using papago and came up with very similar translations. That was my point.
I undestand your logic, that's how it works in modern world, but not in the old world (especially East Asian empire/kingdom). Back then, sending princesses to other kingdoms (both larger and smaller) are common, here is the logic behind it:

By leaving the daughters in their husband family/branch, Lobadon's descendants through that daughter will create an influence inside that family/branch which is and advantage to Lobadon. It increase the likelihood that the next head of the family/branch is his descendant.
And that's exactly what I wrote in the part you quoted towards the end. But you missed the point that for Robadon to exert his influence in the branch he has married one of his daughters to, she needs to be recognised/acknowledged by him, for the sake of our discussion the term would be "close". If she isn't "close" to him, he can't really exert much influence within that family. And as you are saying he might've multiple daughters married off to other families, it only takes one of them to be "close" to him to make Laura's statement of being his only close daughter to fall apart.

Demonspeed

Clone Magic Expert
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Who's sharing the room with Tiara and Elbaba?
Elbaba was presumably already paired when Tiara boarded
Elbaba was with Goruro I guess. Or with Goruro and Cha since rooms for three exist (Baam, A.A. and Rak share a room).

Tiara will probably be with Yuri since the latter wants to keep an eye or her.

The gaps from entry level Rankers to elite Rankers to advanced Rankers aren't large. Giving the amount of struggle Baam had against Pan and how he fought Charlie a bit later, I've a hard time seeing the latter low diffing Pan in a fight.
Ren is also weaker than Lero Ro who in turn had a hard time against one of Madoraco's minions in the workshop battle, hardly doubt he is more than a cut stronger than someone like Charlie.
We also had several exchanges between advanced Rankers and average to elite Rankers on panel (Jordan&Baam vs R, Jordan vs Tall, Culden vs R's twin, Zamzam vs Ren, Sicarius vs Love, etc). The commonality between them is that the advanced Rankers need their high end skills or ultimate assets to have a definitive edge against the Rankers, whether they're considered average or elite.
If base Baam struggled a bit against Ren and needed to bring some high end moves to put him down, then I don't see him casually subduing a Ranker the same way he did to Laura. Ren on his own would struggle to beat an average Ranker although he'd come up on top ultimately.
Actually, you need a HR tier individual to subdue a Ranker so easily.
Are you saying that there are no Rankers who can wipe the floor with other Rankers? There is no way.

The Baam who fought Pan and then Charlie isn't the same as the current Baam. When Baam was in the Cat Tower he was already leveling up when Hoaqin was chasing him. Baam could have dealt with Ren more easily if he wasn't experimenting with Leviathan. Plus you have to take Ren's ability into account.

I don't know why you think Lero-Ro is stronger than Ren. I don't remember him doing anything particularly impressive. The only Ranker who was clearly ahead of the others back then was YHS.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Are you saying that there are no Rankers who can wipe the floor with other Rankers? There is no way.

The Baam who fought Pan and then Charlie isn't the same as the current Baam. When Baam was in the Cat Tower he was already leveling up when Hoaqin was chasing him. Baam could have dealt with Ren more easily if he wasn't experimenting with Leviathan. Plus you have to take Ren's ability into account.

I don't know why you think Lero-Ro is stronger than Ren. I don't remember him doing anything particularly impressive. The only Ranker who was clearly ahead of the others back then was YHS.
Very strong Ranker can certainly wipe other Rankers but not without noise and not without using their high end skills.
When I mentionned Baam's performances respective to Pan and Charlie, it was to prove that the gap between low level Rankers and those descrived as "elite" Rankers isn't considerably large. As in, I doubt Charlie can beat Pan without his high end skills or tricking him.

Now about Ren, his abilitiy is part of his strength and even when it was countered, Baam still needed a high end move using shinsu loops to get rid of his insects and a flare wave explosion (probably his most destructive skill) to subdue him and jsut like most "elite" Rankers, Ren isn't that much stronger than an average Ranker.

I know the current Baam is way stronger than when he fought Charlie but he's still in the advanced Ranker spectrum. So, he'd still need some noise and the usage of his best skills to put down a random Ranker in base.

don't know why you think Lero-Ro is stronger than Ren
" According to SIU, because of his abilities as a Jeonsulsa or Lightning User, he is stronger than Ren. "
Also, Hansung was only toying with him as stated by SIU later. He could've effortlessly fodderize him as someone comparable to a DivCom.

Last edited:

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ok, maybe there are still people who think she is Robadon's daughter but after this chapter there should be none.
If they trust your translation, yes. If they trust cosmicscan, no. Personally, for fan translation, I prefer Shin's translation (but it's been missing for the last few chapters). This case will remain ambiguous until we get Webtoon translation.
You might've misunderstood what I was saying. I translated that part twice, using Google tl and using papago and came up with very similar translations. That was my point.
I still trust someone who understand Korean more than google/papago translator.
The flip side to it is there are other people who put enough effort to be recognised by Robadon and were put on the SAME pedestal that Laura but without her background. That alone puts her at a disadvantage when compared to them because (let's use a hyperbole here) some peasants have the exact social standing as her whereas she should be above them by the sole fact she is Robadon's kin. Do you now see how her statement would be self-depreciating?
Peasant? No, unless you believe some of Lobadon's children are peasants. I think you misunderstood what I were saying. Only Lobadon's children can be called as Lobadon's son or Lobadon's daughter, but not all them have that honor. Only selected children get the honor to be called as such. As close daughter, it is almost given that Laura get that honor. It is possible that other daughters who are not close to him also get that honor because of their effort/achievement.

And that's exactly what I wrote in the part you quoted towards the end. But you missed the point that for Robadon to exert his influence in the branch he has married one of his daughters to, she needs to be recognised/acknowledged by him, for the sake of our discussion the term would be "close". If she isn't "close" to him, he can't really exert much influence within that family. And as you are saying he might've multiple daughters married off to other families, it only takes one of them to be "close" to him to make Laura's statement of being his only close daughter to fall apart.
Actually, in ancient East Asian kingdom, those sent to lesser kingdoms for political marriage are those not close. The close one (the better one) is saved for the larger kingdom (in this case, no branch family is greater than Lobadon's family) or the emperor (in this case, Traumerei). The fact that they are not close might actually act as leverage because success in exerting influence can result in acknowledgment.

One more thing, you said earlier that you didn't find the word "only". Even if that word is omitted, it will still be: "as close daughter among his children and grandchildren" which is still a special thing that enough to give her the honor to be formally called as daughter of Lobadon.

brzytki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
If they trust your translation, yes. If they trust cosmicscan, no. Personally, for fan translation, I prefer Shin's translation (but it's been missing for the last few chapters). This case will remain ambiguous until we get Webtoon translation.

I still trust someone who understand Korean more than google/papago translator.
I'm going to address each of your points but i have something better for now:

screenshot grabbed from Shin's translation.

Peasant? No, unless you believe some of Lobadon's children are peasants. I think you misunderstood what I were saying. Only Lobadon's children can be called as Lobadon's son or Lobadon's daughter, but not all them have that honor. Only selected children get the honor to be called as such. As close daughter, it is almost given that Laura get that honor. It is possible that other daughters who are not close to him also get that honor because of their effort/achievement.
You seem to have missed the word "hyperbole" in my response. Anyway, you are not thinking logically here and still missing my point. We've already moved away by this time from the issue of what words she used to describe her being called a Daughter of Robadon and we are now at the stage of "what is the actual meaning behind those words". If Laura is the only "Daughter" among Robadon's circle of close descendants, the second part of the sentence implies there are more "Daughters". And where would they come from? For example from distant relatives. For example even from people who were adopted to Robadon's family or have some other connection. We don't know though a slim possibility still exists. I don't know why you are stuck on "only actual descendants of Robadon can be called his Daughters" when there is absolutely no proof it is the case. What's more, in ToG world it's rather common to adopt people into other families and there are plenty examples of that throughout the story. But it still was not my point whatsoever. My point is that Laura is trying to impress Baam. By saying what CS wrote she implies there are other Daughters who despite coming from worse backgrounds than she has (be it distant relative, peasant, adopted person), have the same status as her. This, in my mind at least, immediately reads "Laura is called a Daughter JUST because she is the best of the actual daughters of Robadon" (getting a C on an exam when everyone else gets E or less doesn't mean you deserve an A because you did significantly better than the others, that's not objective grading but relative grading), meaning ANYONE who would've been born in her place would have the same title, meaning without her background she is nothing special. That's my whole point. If you still don't understand ask yourself this: who in your eyes is more deserving of praise: someone who inherited million dollars or someone who earned million dollars through his efforts?

Actually, in ancient East Asian kingdom, those sent to lesser kingdoms for political marriage are those not close. The close one (the better one) is saved for the larger kingdom (in this case, no branch family is greater than Lobadon's family) or the emperor (in this case, Traumerei). The fact that they are not close might actually act as leverage because success in exerting influence can result in acknowledgment.
Yes, but Robadon himself cannot exert much influence on the family he has married one of his "not close" daughters to precisely because she is viewed by him as "not close". If he views her as such then everyone else deems her not worthy to be called his daughter and would not respect her as much as if she was called one. The situation you are describing works only if his daughter is married off to some lowly branch (let's say Grey Wolf - lost its status, in debt, no "heir", humiliated and ridiculed by others) which is trying to gain status by marrying a "not close" daughter of Robadon and that daughter can then gain control of that branch. Because if she was married off to a well-established branch (let's say Spider/Horse/Owl), she just wouldn't be able to do so and would be treated as a hostage at best.

Last edited:

Turtle hunter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Very strong Ranker can certainly wipe other Rankers but not without noise and not without using their high end skills.
When I mentionned Baam's performances respective to Pan and Charlie, it was to prove that the gap between low level Rankers and those descrived as "elite" Rankers isn't considerably large. As in, I doubt Charlie can beat Pan without his high end skills or tricking him.

Now about Ren, his abilitiy is part of his strength and even when it was countered, Baam still needed a high end move using shinsu loops to get rid of his insects and a flare wave explosion (probably his most destructive skill) to subdue him and jsut like most "elite" Rankers, Ren isn't that much stronger than an average Ranker.

I know the current Baam is way stronger than when he fought Charlie but he's still in the advanced Ranker spectrum. So, he'd still need some noise and the usage of his best skills to put down a random Ranker in base.

" According to SIU, because of his abilities as a Jeonsulsa or Lightning User, he is stronger than Ren. "
Also, Hansung was only toying with him as stated by SIU later. He could've effortlessly fodderize him as someone comparable to a DivCom.
With 100K ranker there should be very large gap but it is hard to know how large the gap is.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
And just like that the MS is irrelevant LOL…(shinn t/l)

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'm going to address each of your points but i have something better for now:

screenshot grabbed from Shin's translation.

You seem to have missed the word "hyperbole" in my response. Anyway, you are not thinking logically here and still missing my point. We've already moved away by this time from the issue of what words she used to describe her being called a Daughter of Robadon and we are now at the stage of "what is the actual meaning behind those words". If Laura is the only "Daughter" among Robadon's circle of close descendants, the second part of the sentence implies there are more "Daughters". And where would they come from? For example from distant relatives. For example even from people who were adopted to Robadon's family or have some other connection. We don't know though a slim possibility still exists. I don't know why you are stuck on "only actual descendants of Robadon can be called his Daughters" when there is absolutely no proof it is the case. What's more, in ToG world it's rather common to adopt people into other families and there are plenty examples of that throughout the story. But it still was not my point whatsoever. My point is that Laura is trying to impress Baam. By saying what CS wrote she implies there are other Daughters who despite coming from worse backgrounds than she has (be it distant relative, peasant, adopted person), have the same status as her. This, in my mind at least, immediately reads "Laura is called a Daughter JUST because she is the best of the actual daughters of Robadon" (getting a C on an exam when everyone else gets E or less doesn't mean you deserve an A because you did significantly better than the others, that's not objective grading but relative grading), meaning ANYONE who would've been born in her place would have the same title, meaning without her background she is nothing special. That's my whole point. If you still don't understand ask yourself this: who in your eyes is more deserving of praise: someone who inherited million dollars or someone who earned million dollars through his efforts?

Yes, but Robadon himself cannot exert much influence on the family he has married one of his "not close" daughters to precisely because she is viewed by him as "not close". If he views her as such then everyone else deems her not worthy to be called his daughter and would not respect her as much as if she was called one. The situation you are describing works only if his daughter is married off to some lowly branch (let's say Grey Wolf - lost its status, in debt, no "heir", humiliated and ridiculed by others) which is trying to gain status by marrying a "not close" daughter of Robadon and that daughter can then gain control of that branch. Because if she was married off to a well-established branch (let's say Spider/Horse/Owl), she just wouldn't be able to do so and would be treated as a hostage at best.
Okay if that is Shin's translation, I am starting to believe it but I will refrain from making definitive conclusion before webtoon's translation come out.

I disagree with your claim that I am not thinking logically though (just because someone cannot accept the logic doesn't mean it's illogical, especially when it involve cultural/norm issue). From my perspective, what I explained is perfectly logical and will be one of the possible explanation if the correct translation is "his only daughter" or "his daughter". Just so you know, I never said your explanation regarding Kadede is illogical, it definitely can work if the correct translation is "daughter of his closest descendant". I didn't disagree with your explanation regarding sending close vs not-close daughter to other family, in both case there is positive and negative, I only provide differing explanation as even in real world, different kingdoms have different norms about it, they have their own reason, this is not something exact like math.

Last edited:

Orbs2op

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
After a proper read things are clearer so kirin wants a war to some take out both FHs, ok let's go with that how can lobadon stop the war or slow it down? Kirin has the most authority under trau in the family so the war is gonna happen, but kirin is working on schedule, and need things to play out a certain way at a certain time, so maybe where lobadon is has something that special for the plan.

The reason for the war is zahard orders because of the bracelet gustang stole, guess trau didn't need to involve himself and just let the zahard forces fight, but a war is coming no matter what, why bam even care if they fight? He can't stay with them forever and his primary goal is to escape anyway, well I guess it doesn't really matter since kirin wants to capture him directly plus tiaracis there to watch too, so might as well try to save people keep some humanity, and find out what special thing is related to bam and this war, hopefully a power up.

Elaba got tricked quite easily I can see why trau made Elaine fail, can't let his branch rise with him in charge, Laura is already abandoned he already knows how trau thinks of them, trying to kill them for the sake it, to just get blackmailed in the end is sad, besides he was being too suspicious the whole time anyway.

Would like to see bam fighting multiple BH before kirin without the thorn maybe which is a stretch, but I expect bam true powers are gonna be on full display, I'm sure win or lose bam Fame is gonna skyrocket too many important players are gonna be there from both families, fug slayers and whoever jinsung went to for help, should be decent.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly I think he is stronger than Elbaba.
MS - MotherShip
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

LPB are abandoning the MS…if things continue to play out like this the ark and most of both families will be destroyed

Last edited:

DeadCosmos

Reaction score
Country
United States
We are in the middle of a war arc and It doesn't feel like it when I read. I need to remind myself that there is a war going on.