Discussion Next World Cup (Other Countries Edition)

Aside From Ryoga and Tezuka, Who will be the Strongest among these Msers Next World Cup?

  • Romeo

  • Seda

  • Bertie

  • Siegfried

  • Tatsuta

  • Henri

  • Ludovic

  • Osval


Results are only viewable after voting.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Maybe I remember it wrong? But Fuji seem to get upgrade to equal singles player to Ryoma all of a sudden. I still believe Ryoma in singles is being underestimated here in this forum ever since beginning of NPoT.
The problem with Ryoma is that we all know he's op if he needs to, but Konomi barely gave him any screen time so if we try to be fair we have to go with what we've seen not what we suppose we'll see.

Like, it was easy to assume tournament Ryoma would beat Kiko if they ever played in the WC, and yet later we found out Kiko barely won every time they played.

I do think we were unfair doubting his TnK vs Tokugawa off-screen, though, but until then all we knew about it was that it needed a very specific trigger and gave an absurd buff that allowed Nanjirou to be the No.1 (which is why it was played off-screen, I guess).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Akaya probably surpassed Yanagi already. I dont think he reach or will reached Sanada and Yukimura though.

Hmmm. Probably Zeus making Shiraishi too stunned to play made him look weaker. Lmao. I dont know if others like Yuki, Sanada, Shiraishi, Fuji will pissed their pants on the simple sight of Zeus. Also, the way he was kinda lost against Tristan and Timothe.
But yeah Star Bible is a good powerup for him. He became stronger.
I still see Atobe, Yukimura, Sanada, Fuji, and even Akutsu over him.

Niou/Yagyuu will just be a doubles specialist pair.

I am not really that high on Oshitari and Sengoku though.

Poor Marui. After not playing a single game. He will lose his spot next edition. Lol
Maybe they wouldn't shit their pants but they would all get smacked regardless (or maybe they would if their mental isn't high since Zeus has that overwhelming aura thingie).

Shiraishi is very good at addressing his opponents' strengths and weaknesses so this probably worked against him.

Marui got a HSer design but yeah he didn't show up there... I think he still makes it to the G 20 honestly, barely. It needs less mental gymnastics than WoK making it.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
The problem with Ryoma is that we all know he's op if he needs to, but Konomi barely gave him any screen time so if we try to be fair we have to go with what we've seen not what we suppose we'll see.

Like, it was easy to assume tournament Ryoma would beat Kiko if they ever played in the WC, and yet later we found out Kiko barely won every time they played.

I do think we were unfair doubting his TnK vs Tokugawa off-screen, though, but until then all we knew about it was that it needed a very specific trigger and gave an absurd buff that allowed Nanjirou to be the No.1 (which is why it was played off-screen, I guess).
I mean there's also that insane stamina feat vs like.... 15+ people in america MS selection when apparently majority of the 1st stringer have trouble playing 3 set match.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I mean there's also that insane stamina feat vs like.... 15+ people in america MS selection when apparently majority of the 1st stringer have trouble playing 3 set match.
Because Konomi gave him a 4 in stamina which, based on Ochi and Mouri who also have a 4, is enough for 3 sets but by the end of it you start playing like shit.

Not too sure roflstomping a bunch of no names is that sick of a feat tbh, anyway. He might not had dropped a single point and even KOed a couple of them.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I mean one thing we do know that the stats are simply what the coach estimate the number to be. I think they even consider to raise Atobe mental after seeing his performance against Irie. They could simply estimate Ryoma stats wrong. We do see Ryoma feats during his American camp to support this, so it's not completely evidence-less. Moreover, if you read Ryoma description, the coach probably didn't actually see the limit of Ryoma's stamina yet, as the game is probably already over or something.

Stamina - 4: It's amazing how long he is able to hold out despite his increased breathing. With his ability to keep composed in a drawn out full set, it's hard to believe he's only a 1st year.

Also, he did apparently exhausted out and sweat his previous opponents in National final as there's a clear sweat and even cloud-like puff around the characters. Those aren't nameless and there's a lot of them. After which he proceed to play a full 1 set match with Yukimura.

Also, I don't believe that American MS are bunch of no name as you believe. The chapter outright stated that they are either a tournament champion or runner up. I guess the only way we'll find out is if the story continue after this world cup and we see American MS get full match against other world countries MS.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
483
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I mean one thing we do know that the stats are simply what the coach estimate the number to be. I think they even consider to raise Atobe mental after seeing his performance against Irie. They could simply estimate Ryoma stats wrong. We do see Ryoma feats during his American camp to support this, so it's not completely evidence-less. Moreover, if you read Ryoma description, the coach probably didn't actually see the limit of Ryoma's stamina yet, as the game is probably already over or something.

Stamina - 4: It's amazing how long he is able to hold out despite his increased breathing. With his ability to keep composed in a drawn out full set, it's hard to believe he's only a 1st year.

Also, he did apparently exhausted out and sweat his previous opponents in National final as there's a clear sweat and even cloud-like puff around the characters. Those aren't nameless and there's a lot of them. After which he proceed to play a full 1 set match with Yukimura.

Also, I don't believe that American MS are bunch of no name as you believe. The chapter outright stated that they are either a tournament champion or runner up. I guess the only way we'll find out is if the story continue after this world cup and we see American MS get full match against other world countries MS.
Its very hard to scale Other American Msers. (Barring Ryoma and Ryoga who are really not americans)

But they (Truman, Ridel, etc) are obviously Weaker than Rocky.

So, if other USA Msers are not as weak as we see. Then,

I guess, that will just scale Rocky up. Since he is seen as As Good As Ryoma Before Ryoma used Samurai. And somehow get a Regular Spot in the American Team.

PS: I also think Tokugawa stomping TNK/Samurai (?) Ryoma kinda makes the latter underrated.

But again, I guess, it just means Tokugawa is that Strong even his Pre Asura and Freeze Ball Power Up.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I guess the best way to see Ryoma current level is to see how he match against Ryoga. If he without any upgrade can take any games from Ryoga, that means he and by extension Fuji is probably G5 level already. This probably also means Sanada/Ninja dude/Prince is stronger than we expected.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
483
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I guess the best way to see Ryoma current level is to see how he match against Ryoga. If he without any upgrade can take any games from Ryoga, that means he and by extension Fuji is probably G5 level already. This probably also means Sanada/Ninja dude/Prince is stronger than we expected.
Right now, I dont even think Ryoma is in the level of Ralph.

Remember Ralph took a Set against Ryoga 6-1. And then lost to Ryoga 6-7 in second set. Before Ryoga took over in last set.

You can argue, Ryoga is not 100% max playing. But still beating ryoga in a set 6-1 is incredible feat.

But yeah. I think Ryoma is Genius 5 level already same tier as Duke and Tokugawa.
 

Ganonslayer101

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
469
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Also, I don't believe that American MS are bunch of no name as you believe. The chapter outright stated that they are either a tournament champion or runner up. I guess the only way we'll find out is if the story continue after this world cup and we see American MS get full match against other world countries MS.
I think the issue with the other American MSers is they were introduced in the "Ryoma off-screens over a full team of players and then passes out scene" that we got against Ginka. We later got that same scene against Arenenoma so it's hard to pull those guys out as strong when used the way they were.
 
Top