Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You hit 2 in 2?

Why did you check Tatsumaki?
Also, if you're town, Sam is a goner...does why would he want 1 for 1 trade with town? Is a det worth a Mafia?
As Det you want opposite results. But I wasn't sold on DD because all I had against him was mainly the Guilty result. He could still be proven as Pirate, or die using his role, making me Insane, so I compared him to the 2nd most scummy person Tatsu.

I at first PMed Farfalla as target, then thought she is PGO because of a post she did that sounded like "DD wants to target me? Hmhmhm~" so it sounded too risky.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Do you consider me sus or town?
Town. Simple math. If DD and Tatsu are mafia, Sam being clown means there's low chances there is a 4th scum.

Alternatively both DD and Tatsu being town could change things.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Namely Faust and Holt need more looking at as potential Hermit teammates.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Sam literally the most timid quietest "town who caught mafia". Has no confidence in his attempt.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Town. Simple math. If DD and Tatsu are mafia, Sam being clown means there's low chances there is a 4th scum.

Alternatively both DD and Tatsu being town could change things.
Hmm......so we have 2 scums remaining.
If you're town, Sam is a goner.
He is not playing like clown. He's playing bold like he does when town.

Even if there's 2/3rd chance of you being a town, I am still in favour of letting you die.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Bolding the words don't make them sound cool. I did a lot more than you with my posts on people, all you have is a sacrificed Hermit. That you either winged on as Clown or some mafia sacrifice strat.

Tell me again how you didn't see both of Hermit's targets on your phone because you didn't scroll enough lmao.
Oh, should I have used italics instead? The bold was to re-inforce my result. I have what I have, you can either accept that or cry about it but my result is that you targeted Brandish.

When you're delirious in bed due to meds for your respiratory illness and you're barely able to read what's on the phone screen you can miss things- shit happens, but I saw Hermit target Sak and I saw you target Brandish.

I was hard on DD Day 2 because of the result. I mentioned Tatsu alongside DD early and couple times this day. My goal has always been that people can figure out my targets and results in hindsight if I die before I reveal.

I am not sure why you even bothered to wait so long to make up results if you know you'll be a known liar after the lynch.

🤡 ?
You could've also been pushing for DD because of how poorly he's played, heck even I still doubt his legitimacy and he could be your teammate- all a ruse to make him look more legit, perhaps?

I waited to reveal my result today because I was waiting for you to speak up about what you did. You can go back to D2 and see me repeatedly asking Hermit about what he did in response to him saying he used his night action on Night 1- you can see I was being thorough with checking what I had.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Even if there's 2/3rd chance of you being a town, I am still in favour of letting you die.
Actual wtf why? 2 mislynches means game over, you want to lower the count to 1 in a 66% town(your words) for... what purpose? To lose?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Sam literally the most timid quietest "town who caught mafia". Has no confidence in his attempt.
No confidence? I was confident in taking Hermit down yesterday hence why I was on him all day, and I'm confident on you hence why I've locked. You got caught out just like Hermit so if you want to put on the hysterics please go full Justin Timberlake and cry me a river.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
When you're delirious in bed due to meds for your respiratory illness and you're barely able to read what's on the phone screen you can miss things- shit happens, but I saw Hermit target Sak and I saw you target Brandish.
That's ridiculous. You're delirious to the point you half-scroll your PMs for 23 hours of a day phase, but not delirious enough to make posts multiple times in the day without major typos? Bad excuse.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Actual wtf why? 2 mislynches means game over, you want to lower the count to 1 in a 66% town(your words) for... what purpose? To lose?
hmm?
9 players.
You die town, we have 8.
Night kill we have 7.
Sam is lynched scum... we have 6
Night kill we have 5
So we are left with 5 with 3 town and 1 scum and 1 clown..who would likely die by them
leaving 3 town and 1 scum.
Does not look too bad?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
No confidence? I was confident in taking Hermit down yesterday hence why I was on him all day, and I'm confident on you hence why I've locked. You got caught out just like Hermit so if you want to put on the hysterics please go full Justin Timberlake and cry me a river.
Nah if you were confident in Hermit you wouldn't have waited til last minutes to do anything. If you were confident in Hermit you would have actually looked at a PM that shows 2 targets rather than not scroll to see the whole PM.

What you were and still are is sloppy. Bolded for coolness.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

hmm?
9 players.
You die town, we have 8.
Night kill we have 7.
Sam is lynched scum... we have 6
Night kill we have 5
So we are left with 5 with 3 town and 1 scum and 1 clown..who would likely die by them
leaving 3 town and 1 scum.
Does not look too bad?
You miscalculate because clown insta-dies on Day 5.

Imagine 2 mafias, 1 clown, 6 townies.

You mislynch once, mafia kills, next day is 2 mafias, 1 clown, 4 townies.

You mislynch again, mafia kills, next day is 2 mafias, 2 townies. Game ends.

Lynching a mafia inbetween doesn't change that 2 mislynches are the limit.

Farf passing the Potato to a mafia is the only saving grace there, provided she doesn't die at the end of the day to it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Mafia has no need to kill the clown as long as he isn't lynched he speeds up their win.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And no you definitely do not lynch Sam next day in your calculation, you let him reach Day 5 and dissipate in his confetti.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Nah if you were confident in Hermit you wouldn't have waited til last minutes to do anything. If you were confident in Hermit you would have actually looked at a PM that shows 2 targets rather than not scroll to see the whole PM.

What you were and still are is sloppy. Bolded for coolness.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



You miscalculate because clown insta-dies on Day 5.

Imagine 2 mafias, 1 clown, 6 townies.

You mislynch once, mafia kills, next day is 2 mafias, 1 clown, 4 townies.

You mislynch again, mafia kills, next day is 2 mafias, 2 townies. Game ends.

Lynching a mafia inbetween doesn't change that 2 mislynches are the limit.

Farf passing the Potato to a mafia is the only saving grace there, provided she doesn't die at the end of the day to it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Mafia has no need to kill the clown as long as he isn't lynched he speeds up their win.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And no you definitely do not lynch Sam next day in your calculation, you let him reach Day 5 and dissipate in his confetti.
I am betting on Sam being scum if you are town. that would reduce to scum number by 1.
And if you're town and revealed as Det, we will know two scums DD and Tatsu?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And no you definitely do not lynch Sam next day in your calculation, you let him reach Day 5 and dissipate in his confetti.
You die town today and we lynch Sam tomorrow..
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
:bored I can't believe my luck, Jesus fuck...



Mine is all wrong... I'm holding the potato since D2, someone passed it to me (I believe that someone that trusted me since usually the potato doesn't go off so early). I had multiple plans in mind, like avoiding DD confronting me as Clown to see if the mafia would consider it as a possibility and attempt to kill me at night, but I guess they might just let the Clown be to suicide later. With Sam's reveal, another plan was to give him the Potato to try to get his killer killed as well, since he's in danger. I couldn't grow the balls to risk that, considering we didn't know if an Assassin had hit, if they'd use an Escort on Sam and if the potato wouldn't explode on D3. The cherry on the cake is: I went with the alternative, someone I distrusted. Read back the posts around Hermit and Bran felt like the one that was more insistent on passing him as the Clown till towards the end, so I tried to pass the Potato to him and I goddamn lost my conflip... I could have killed his killer out of luck... But yeah, if I don't die at the end of the day, I plan on passing the Potato to someone we distrust...

I'm not sold on Holt, he acted a bit similar to Bran (but welp he died as townie), favoring Hermit and putting him as Clown. There's something a person I'll be paying attention to might slip during the day but I'll only tackle that later on. And I'll also save my comments about Bran's death after some people talk.

I really think we should mass reveal now that we have 2 doctors and a hoe down and a Spy in the open. I'm a vanilla townie as well.
oi you said you had passive role, also I am police.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
That's ridiculous. You're delirious to the point you half-scroll your PMs for 23 hours of a day phase, but not delirious enough to make posts multiple times in the day without major typos? Bad excuse.
There's a difference between waking up to piss and then taking a quick squizz at a phone notification than being wide awake and at a computer- I'm sure you can understand that notion.

Nah if you were confident in Hermit you wouldn't have waited til last minutes to do anything. If you were confident in Hermit you would have actually looked at a PM that shows 2 targets rather than not scroll to see the whole PM.

What you were and still are is sloppy. Bolded for coolness.
You said it yourself earlier this game that you're terrible at reading me Gry so I don't think you'll ever be fit to give me a proper evaluation. Your desperate attempts to try and claw out of getting caught red-handed is laughable. I found the scum N1 and pressed them D2. I found the scum N2 and now I'm pressing you because you are the scum I found.

Call me whatever you want but you should blame your teammate for making you do the kill last night. Who is your buddy? Holt?
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
oi you said you had passive role, also I am police.
dang?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Faust is not clown?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'm not sold on Holt, he acted a bit similar to Bran (but welp he died as townie), favoring Hermit and putting him as Clown. There's something a person I'll be paying attention to might slip during the day but I'll only tackle that later on. And I'll also save my comments about Bran's death after some people talk.
Tbh I wasn’t favoring Hermit as clown. Infact if you check, I previously replied Gry said I suspect Faust and Hermit the most but not as clowns because I didn’t see enough of a difference between D1 and D2. I only started suspecting clown towards the end when Hermit seemed to just give up and I was wary that’s what he wanted all along. Seemed baity honestly.


I wonder about the night action of @Holt @digitaldude
Need to know holt and DD’s night actions. Can form informed opinion after that
I’m not defuser and I haven’t used my action yet
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I am betting on Sam being scum if you are town. that would reduce to scum number by 1.
And if you're town and revealed as Det, we will know two scums DD and Tatsu?
Don't gamble if you bet without thinking things through. Why do you think Sam is mafia? He messed up his lie on Hermit last day, that means he didn't have a mafia nightpad where the discussed with Hermit who to pass NVD to. Likewise there was 0 need to lynch Hermit there instead of let DD get lynched. If he wanted just credibility for himself by sacrificing Hermit he would keep posting useless Spy results like "this passive role player didnt target anyone" or confirmed someone's target after they say it first. Until last phase where he sets up a townie for a mislynch and wins.

This action(+ Hermit lynch last day) is actively harmful for mafia cause as mafia. He is the clown.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
oi you said you had passive role, also I am police.
Ah so you robbed Faust- that'd make you and him both Town if legit. That'd leave Wojak or even Farf for Clown, with Gry being mafia with someone else (Tatsu? Holt?)
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
There's a difference between waking up to piss and then taking a quick squizz at a phone notification than being wide awake and at a computer- I'm sure you can understand that notion.
I can't, because I open my PM more times than once per day. I hosted last game where you wrote a lot of your thoughts in PMs, which you would do even more with Panda/Marm hosting. Your story never happened.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Clown wins when lynched
in which way his play seem clownish? May I ask
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@GrySun
on the off chance, you are paranoid, shouldn't there be a sane det too?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top