Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
In an ideal world where we want to win, DD is lynched confirming up to 2 other players or nearly sealing the win if he is mafia. Sam is left to die on Day 5 to his clown car.

In our flawed world I'm probably getting lynched despite making more sense than Sam's clownery, so you can't gamble on DD according to my results tomorrow without risk of losing the game.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
In an ideal world where we want to win, DD is lynched confirming up to 2 other players or nearly sealing the win if he is mafia. Sam is left to die on Day 5 to his clown car.

In our flawed world I'm probably getting lynched despite making more sense than Sam's clownery, so you can't gamble on DD according to my results tomorrow without risk of losing the game.
Well sam is safe then......he dies clown.
if you are lynched, we correct the mislynch by lynching DD or Tatsu tomorrow.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You should have claimed early today @GrySun
two scums are big catch
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
At this point you might as well reveal what's your role
Actually agreed on this. I’m troublemaker, haven’t used yet because of the clown as I think it’s too much of a risk
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
if Hermit is death miller, I would not know what to think
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I also double-checked with hosts whether mafia can kill while also passing on NVD at night and they said YES, so I think I've got him red-handed.
Omg @Holt legitimately solved it. What Sam claims here and his excuse that he only once opened his PM yesterday which is why he missed the NVD passing, both contradict each other.

He saw his "single result", "asked the hosts if NVD and kill can be done at the same time", then made his post. Then he "went back to his PM and noticed he never saw the NVD passing".

It doesn't make sense. He would never ask the hosts if NVD and kill can be done at the same time if he all along had 2 actions. Posting his PM question to the host would scroll the view down so he sees the bottom part of the result PM.

Actual proof of lying right there.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Actually agreed on this. I’m troublemaker, haven’t used yet because of the clown as I think it’s too much of a risk
Can you use it today?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
And this is why Holt is better than me. I just type faster and more. I didn't check back the posts Sam made to catch this mistake.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well sam is safe then......he dies clown.
if you are lynched, we correct the mislynch by lynching DD or Tatsu tomorrow.
--- Double Post Merged, 3 minutes ago, Original Post Date: 4 minutes ago ---
You should have claimed early today @GrySun
two scums are big catch
Like I said, if DD is town you lose next day so it becomes a risk.

Well in an ideal world I could've gotten my DD lynch last day or this day without claiming, thus getting a 3rd result before getting killed to make the win airtight. Being greedy and revealing 2 results isn't too beneficial as long as I leave enough breadcrumbs for people to know my targets and results if I never say them.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Can you use it today?
Can only send the PM the night before, so no. But I wouldn’t have used it even if I could. It’s curious that you would want to double lynch though. That is too much of a significant cost for the sake of verifying me..
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Well in an ideal world I could've gotten my DD lynch last day or this day without claiming, thus getting a 3rd result before getting killed to make the win airtight. Being greedy and revealing 2 results isn't too beneficial as long as I leave enough breadcrumbs for people to know my targets and results if I never say them.
Thinking we already had a scum lynch yesterday, it's not too bad eh?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Actually agreed on this. I’m troublemaker, haven’t used yet because of the clown as I think it’s too much of a risk
It a self-confirming role, you should've asked for Dets to check you for sanity. You probably should use it next night so long as we avoid touching Sam we should be golden?
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Can only send the PM the night before, so no. But I wouldn’t have used it even if I could. It’s curious that you would want to double lynch though. That is too much of a significant cost for the sake of verifying me..
nah...dude, with all the info we have, I trust you.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Thinking we already had a scum lynch yesterday, it's not too bad eh?
You quickly forgot about the awful start with dead cowboy, doc and prostitute. If anything scum lynch yesterday helped us not be game over but I wouldn't describe the overall current situation as "not too bad" personally.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
You quickly forgot about the awful start with dead cowboy, doc and prostitute. If anything scum lynch yesterday helped us not be game over but I wouldn't describe the overall current situation as "not too bad" personally.
You as the sane det are our only hope.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You as the sane det are our only hope.
I'm not surviving to next day. Either by lynch today or nightkill at night. Town will have to figure out how to approach things unless it's already solved.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hmm. On Sam vs Gry I need a bit of time to think this through. Btw this was my last post in the day yesterday



Said this because I found Sam not “seeing” the other result very strange. Now thinking about it, if anything he should’ve seen the NVD target first since that has a higher priority. He also mentioned “I also double-checked with hosts whether mafia can kill while also passing on NVD at night and they said YES, so I think I've got him red-handed.” So that technically means he responded to the message after he got the result to clarify and still didn’t see both results? Although these stand out a lot clearer to me, Sam easily accepting “correction” and going to double check and indeed see 2 results seemed a bit too sloppy for a fake claim so I eventually felt it was alright.


My actual thoughts- Sam is M.Det (or they have one) or clown. God I hate how this clown makes me wary but it is what it is. I actually think Hermit could’ve been D.Miller. Mafia knew this and got cheap points getting him lynched. If that’s correct, and with 4 antagonists potentially, then we should be at 3M-1C-4T right now ? It puts things into perspective that mislynching right now is game over since clown self destructs. If Sam is legit, the chances of catching 2 scum back to back is really weird. Gry seemed quite trusted by pretty much everyone so that’s an odd choice for a spy too.
I wanted to double-check that the results I received were correct before acting on them as I genuinely wasn't sure whether scum could do multiple at the same time. As for my execution in-thread, yes, that was sloppy :) But I assure you, I am legitimate Holt-kun. Don't go trusting Gry so easily.

And this is why Holt is better than me. I just type faster and more. I didn't check back the posts Sam made to catch this mistake.
His Avatar also isn't an ugly cunt so he's got you beat there too

@SirSamuel016
Do you think Hermit could have been d miller?
I honestly think he's just regular old scum alongside Gry and Tatsu- Gry wants pirate DD lynched because he wasn't sure which role it might steal and was probably banking on DD stealing my spy.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I'm not surviving to next day. Either by lynch today or nightkill at night. Town will have to figure out how to approach things unless it's already solved.
hmm....why don't we lynch Tatsu instead of DD? DD said he pirated faust? Which could be helpful in the off chance you're paranoid? Tatsu claimed passive..and laying low...I think they are scums as per your investigation. But still the off chance we mislynch one, shoud we not target Tatsu instead of DD?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
hmm....why don't we lynch Tatsu instead of DD? DD said he pirated faust? Which could be helpful in the off chance you're paranoid? Tatsu claimed passive..and laying low...I think they are scums as per your investigation. But still the off chance we mislynch one, shoud we not target Tatsu instead of DD?
Hm. It depends. Mafia Boss existing would make lynching DD more valuable than lynching Tatsu, in a vacuum. Less doubts. It also would depend on her passive role claim, if they're both town DD's PO is absolutely useless, there is no Assassin striking ever.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
In an ideal world where we want to win, DD is lynched confirming up to 2 other players or nearly sealing the win if he is mafia. Sam is left to die on Day 5 to his clown car.

In our flawed world I'm probably getting lynched despite making more sense than Sam's clownery, so you can't gamble on DD according to my results tomorrow without risk of losing the game.
I’m not particularly willing to go for either you or Sam (clown scare) at this point. DD only confirms Faust at this point if I’m not mistaken? Granted DD shouldn’t be clown at least since he seemed very unwilling to get lynched yesterday even before the Sam-Hermit thing. Still I don’t think lynching DD is the way to go. I’m still more invested in finding a mafia instead..
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Hm. It depends. Mafia Boss existing would make lynching DD more valuable than lynching Tatsu, in a vacuum. Less doubts. It also would depend on her passive role claim, if they're both town DD's PO is absolutely useless, there is no Assassin striking ever.
DD it is then?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top