Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 616 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 616 Spoilers & Discussion

Enkiduzz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Why doesn't anyone say anything about SIU avoiding showing Arlene even when they mention that two of the 13 decided to separate themselves from the rest, but only show V?

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
hmm, looks like headon was up to shenanigans from pretty early on. i am guessing this is around the time the heads stopped climbing and headon didn't take lightly to that.
LMFAO how crazy would it be if we learn that Headon chose the woman’s lover for the cube to possess LOL?!?!

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
What a beautiful thing would be if all of us
Speak only about the things that happened
In the chapter all this assuming is getting crazy..!

Epic_Rider

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
The princess information is quite interesting. Rei knows something about it that no one else does and believes it's for all their friend's benefit but we also know the whole thing was a scam by Zahard.

Was Rei lied to? Or is there some information we don't know that explains why this was necessary?

Since Enkidu was the name of the first host, maybe there was a Gilgamesh among the Ancients.
Rei is the Gilgamesh of this story, I suppose Icarus would be the Shamhat then...

Demonspeed

Clone Magic Expert
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The princess information is quite interesting. Rei knows something about it that no one else does and believes it's for all their friend's benefit but we also know the whole thing was a scam by Zahard.

Was Rei lied to? Or is there some information we don't know that explains why this was necessary?

Rei is the Gilgamesh of this story, I suppose Icarus would be the Shamhat then...
Maybe Traumerei knew that he had no intention to marry anyone or about the spell. Though I am not sure it would make sense, since Traumerei still wants his daughters to win. But TBH, as long as the competitors are aware of the spell, they can deal with it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why doesn't anyone say anything about SIU avoiding showing Arlene even when they mention that two of the 13 decided to separate themselves from the rest, but only show V?
Because it's pointless. He doesn't even show us Zahard. Arlen didn't appear in this chapter.

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Because nobody cares anymore.

SIU didn't even reveal the family of someone worthless like Kendrick Dell in his flashback, Arlen imagines.

Just expect something about Arlen's appearance when it's time for Baam to discover the hidden part of his past.

hunterxyamani

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
so both zahard and traum are having problem with V because the woman they both loved seems to love V and i guess that traumei still dont know that Baam is V kid otherwise imo he would have killed him...

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Maybe Traumerei knew that he had no intention to marry anyone or about the spell. Though I am not sure it would make sense, since Traumerei still wants his daughters to win. But TBH, as long as the competitors are aware of the spell, they can deal with it.
Based on what we know thus far, the only thing that makes sense is that they received a prophecy that only the Prince of Zahard could reach the top of the Tower.

Arlene and V didn't believe it and split, while the others were pressuring Zahard to hurry up and have kids so they could keep climbing. Zahard and Rei don't want to climb anymore, so they come up with this princess scam to dupe their friends into sticking around forever, which a guy as twisted as Rei could conceive as being for their sakes.

Only it went too far and ended up wrecking not only their friendship but the entire Tower, which is Zahard's punishment Rei spoke of before.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
LMFAO how crazy would it be if we learn that Headon chose the woman’s lover for the cube to possess LOL?!?!
How it's looking to me now is that enkido tried to possess a female to be a better aid to traumereis loneliness and traumerei wasn't happy about it.

lemo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I would not be surprised if siu ISS listening to Linkin park as bg music while writing this series.

So emo

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Based on what we know thus far, the only thing that makes sense is that they received a prophecy that only the Prince of Zahard could reach the top of the Tower.

Arlene and V didn't believe it and split, while the others were pressuring Zahard to hurry up and have kids so they could keep climbing. Zahard and Rei don't want to climb anymore, so they come up with this princess scam to dupe their friends into sticking around forever, which a guy as twisted as Rei could conceive as being for their sakes.

Only it went too far and ended up wrecking not only their friendship but the entire Tower, which is Zahard's punishment Rei spoke of before.
So even baam cannot reach the top of tower if the speculation that propechy only prince of zahard can reach the top of tower is real? I think there is more to another things than that they stopped climbing, zahard makes princess, and "colonized" the tower.

Last edited:

Bobi

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
According to the prophecy, Baam will kill Zahard.
This prophecy does not say that he will open the 135th floor.
I think it's one of the princes of the red light district who will open it.
For me, it will be Wang Wang who will be the "chosen one" and Baam the great villain of the story.

Mohah

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I’m not liking it so far

so irregulars are genuine human and towerborne are like artificial lifeforms?
Headon: but becoming an existant human, doesn't violate any laws. By taking over the body of that person.
Narrator: Headon pointed at him, and the creature took Enkidu's body without a moment of hesitation.
so according to this translation, the original Enkidu was a "human". Therefore it's safe to assume that at least some of the towerborn are considered "human".
As for which ones are human and what distinguishes human from non-human, I don't know, but considering Headon saying " That's a wish even i can't fulfill. This Tower is a space for tests and trials. That's why the law strictly divides 'challengers(humans)' and all other beings" I wonder if any race whose members can potentially be chosen to climb the tower (including beastkin) falls under the umbrella of "human".

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, there are some interesting lore bits in the chapter:

Traumerei regards the master of the workshop as dangerous... Not much more to get out of that but it is good to keep on mind.

The princess program seems to have started at the earliest stages of the empire, even before great families were established. It almost sounds like the original purpose of the great families was to produce princesses.... I suppose the implication would be that these eventually evolved to become agents of the great warriors. It would also fit with gustang no longer producing children... They just don't serve their original purpose.

The chapter also probably gives some context regarding what makes ancient species and other beings different. They literally operate under different rules. I am going to guess that any being that qualifies as an ancient species (rak) has a different set of rules to govern him altogether. maybe rak doesn't even need to climb the tower to get permission to use shinsoo.

Demonspeed

Clone Magic Expert
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

I don't think that makes sense though. The 13 GW are Irregulars, there will never be a team that strong ever again. The key is still Zahard's change of mentality, who went from "I want to have great adventures'" to "I want to be king".

Gustang is the one who suggested the Zahard Princess Project IIRC.

For me, it will be Wang Wang who will be the "chosen one" and Baam the great villain of the story.
I guess you wanted to say Wangnan, not Wang Wang. But Baam as a villain is pretty much impossible. Wangnan is probably the one the 13MS spirits are waiting for(it's definitely not Baam).

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
"and he shall find the hidden key, open the door, and lead everyone on the tower greater heights" is part of prophecy, so if it doesn't baam who open it some of the prophecy didn't happen anyway.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
How it's looking to me now is that enkido tried to possess a female to be a better aid to traumereis loneliness and traumerei wasn't happy about it.
That sounds exactly like what Hwang did to Yura’s mother by taking over the (male) twin’s body!

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Ok

Headon = Black Zetsu ???

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
But the main question is - How come Enkidu can’t get rid of its 1st host?!?! Goruro was slowly transforming into the 1st host!

I won’t be surprised if we see Beliere with a horn(s) soon!!!