American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I feel like a lot of what Biden has done in office already has been under the advisement of people less brainbroken than he. Having a Democrat at the top means being surrounded by like-minded allies, meaning power remains in the Democratic party.

That said, there aren't any other libs to switch him out with so we're fucking stuck. Everyone else is farther left than he is. Kamala... Newsome... there's no one. NO ONE. All I know is I'm Blue No Matter Who. As I've ever been.

SAVE US MICHELLE OBAMA
I mean, that's not untrue but it's not really less problematic. You generally pick a president to do a job, not for whichever flunky to do the job. Biden not running stuff and instead his aids or other democrats doing it should be the sort of stuff that results in impeachments and civil wars. Biden is a threat to US democracy and a geopolitical risk, just not for the same reasons as trump.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I just learned about Project 2025, and I hope the idea of that is scarier than a genocide enabler not fighting back on republican bullshit, because this would cause far more damage to the country. Seeing how the Supreme Court just outlawed homelessness without doing anything to combat the issue, on top of other stuff, we're even more fucked if conservatives get even more power.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
What? Obviously the supreme court can't ban homelessness.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
The supreme court saying the laws in question are constitutional is a far cry from the scotus banning homelessness (as draconian as those laws are).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Biden:
"I know I'm not a young man, to state the obvious,"
"I don't walk as easy as I used to, I don't speak as smoothly as I used to, I don't debate as well as I used to"
"I would not be running again if I didn't believe with all my heart and soul that I could do this job. The stakes are too high,"

hmmm, what? I suppose biden is too old to realize that he needs to walk faster, speak smoothly and debate well to get back even a semblance of confidence from the public. Basically the only biden anyone can reasonable look forward is the one we just saw and the expectation is to support this shell of a man that should be drinking hot cocoa under a thick blanket at a home while trying to remember his grandchildren's names because he isn't trump. Sheer, abject, unjustifiable lunacy.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean, that's not untrue but it's not really less problematic. You generally pick a president to do a job, not for whichever flunky to do the job. Biden not running stuff and instead his aids or other democrats doing it should be the sort of stuff that results in impeachments and civil wars. Biden is a threat to US democracy and a geopolitical risk, just not for the same reasons as trump.
Well, that's the thing: I don't vote for people, I vote for policy. That's unique about the Democratic party compared to the Republican (at least the current one) party. I don't think that's gonna change because the president has to delegate the heavy lifting to people around him because presidents have a cabinet of advisors regardless of their age. Trump couldn't be talked down by anyone during his presidency despite him being mentally capable. I don't think Joe is the same kind of character.

I just learned about Project 2025, and I hope the idea of that is scarier than a genocide enabler not fighting back on republican bullshit, because this would cause far more damage to the country.
Did you watch the debate? If not, can you guess how much time was spent talking about helping Palestinians? Or a genocide?

Donald Trump literally called Joe Biden a Palestinian as a derogatory term, lmfao.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, that's the thing: I don't vote for people, I vote for policy. That's unique about the Democratic party compared to the Republican (at least the current one) party. I don't think that's gonna change because the president has to delegate the heavy lifting to people around him because presidents have a cabinet of advisors regardless of their age. Trump couldn't be talked down by anyone during his presidency despite him being mentally capable. I don't think Joe is the same kind of character.
Sure, there's a policy angle thing but being president is ultimately a job that the person specifically has to do. Not everything can be delegated, some things shouldn't. I am not pushing for a trump vote here nor trying to get a justification for a biden vote. Biden is factually and categorically unfit for office. How long until biden can't even delegate? how long until he needs to be spoon-fed? Biden should have been 25th months or years ago.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I will also add, a few years ago biden was fitter than trump. He was jogging, he was shown often riding his bicycle... He could really capitalize on his fitness. Now he can barely walk down a single stair. Biden deteriorated incredibly fast over a few years, at least that's how it looks to me
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke




Incredible. Very glad for the media to take some sort of stance on this less than 4 months from the election.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---





Yeah of course it's probably too late anyway to expect Dem establishment to be proactive about anything ever.

Will still hotly anticipate the blame-game this time though. I'm guessing Muslims and Leftists will take the full brunt of it.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sure, there's a policy angle thing but being president is ultimately a job that the person specifically has to do. Not everything can be delegated, some things shouldn't. I am not pushing for a trump vote here nor trying to get a justification for a biden vote. Biden is factually and categorically unfit for office. How long until biden can't even delegate? how long until he needs to be spoon-fed? Biden should have been 25th months or years ago.
Well, ideally, he'd just win the election so that he can hand appoint someone to take over. There's a precedent for presidents (lol) stepping down. It's happened at least twice. And that's what I'd prefer it's just... I'm risk averse. He was the Democratic presidentical choice because he's the most electable. Whoever replaces him needs to earn America's trust by November. That's not a lot of time. I just wanna secure the presidency. We can worry about actually BEING a president afterwards. It isn't ideal, but when lifes gives you lemons... you make lemonade.

...there's a lemon party joke somewhere but I dunno if I should make it.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I will also add, a few years ago biden was fitter than trump. He was jogging, he was shown often riding his bicycle... He could really capitalize on his fitness. Now he can barely walk down a single stair. Biden deteriorated incredibly fast over a few years, at least that's how it looks to me
Yeah. But in his defense, Trump's lived his life in the lap of luxury. He's lived an incredibly sedentary lifestyle and that's probably helped him maintain his mental faculties this long. Or he was just genetically lucky.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
The supreme court saying the laws in question are constitutional is a far cry from the scotus banning homelessness (as draconian as those laws are).
What?

Did you watch the debate? If not, can you guess how much time was spent talking about helping Palestinians? Or a genocide?

Donald Trump literally called Joe Biden a Palestinian as a derogatory term, lmfao.
I did not. And probably no more than five minutes? Why would they talk about helping Palestinians when they're firmly in Israel's pockets? I'm willing to bet Biden just kept lying and blaming Hamas for everything.

Will still hotly anticipate the blame-game this time though. I'm guessing Muslims and Leftists will take the full brunt of it.
Bet on it, if Biden loses. Unlike Clinton being horrible at campaigning, Biden's loss will actually be because of what he did during his presidency, and what we can expect based on that.

But then again, Republicans are proving to be too unhinged to risk power, like Project 2025.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke



Just the perfect encapsulation of Democrats since 2016
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, ideally, he'd just win the election so that he can hand appoint someone to take over. There's a precedent for presidents (lol) stepping down. It's happened at least twice. And that's what I'd prefer it's just... I'm risk averse. He was the Democratic presidentical choice because he's the most electable. Whoever replaces him needs to earn America's trust by November. That's not a lot of time. I just wanna secure the presidency. We can worry about actually BEING a president afterwards. It isn't ideal, but when lifes gives you lemons... you make lemonade.

...there's a lemon party joke somewhere but I dunno if I should make it.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Yeah. But in his defense, Trump's lived his life in the lap of luxury. He's lived an incredibly sedentary lifestyle and that's probably helped him maintain his mental faculties this long. Or he was just genetically lucky.
I am not sure of how a campaign made around biden stepping down for the VP to take over works. Even if it was understood he is going to do that it doesn't sound like a winning strategy. Both democrats and republicans have their share of voters that will vote in party lines regardless of context but there's voters in between that can be flipped. I don't see those voting for a potato or a potato that's expected to step down. It's sounds grifty in a trump way tbh.

Biden is pretty wealthy as well and generally you'd expect someone who works out and is active to have better health than an obese fast food fueled canned tan who believes exercise causes your heart beats to run out.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I suppose i am curious about the upcoming primaries. If Biden fails to get campaign donations it could be the trigger for something as unthinkable as democrats flipping on an incumbent. It's a pretty huge stretch but I can't imagine common sense or decency being the trigger to let biden go.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Gonna be funny if the Dems underestimate Trump again and the hate his cult has for immigrants, liberals, and the left. The cult still believe the election was unfair and stolen (ironically, they have no issue with 2016 election even though Trump lost the popular vote), so I wouldn't be surprised if they started using unsavory tactics.

The Supreme Court's decisions as well as Project 2025 should hopefully help Biden's chances, because having a conservative Supreme Court means we're all fucked.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The Supreme Court's decisions as well as Project 2025 should hopefully help Biden's chances, because having a conservative Supreme Court means we're all fucked.
There already is a conservative Supreme Court. Trump lucked into Scalia dropping dead to nominate Gorsuch, Anthony Kennedy waited to retire until Trump was elected for some insane reason and Brett Kavanaugh was forced through, and Ruth Bader-Ginsburg refused to step aside when she was dying of cancer so now we have Amy Coney-Barrett.

A Justice suddenly dying is what it is, so Gorsuch being on the court was rather unavoidable. Anthony Kennedy was a Reagan appointtee but he was appointed to the US circuit court by Jimmy Carter. He was also typically a swing-vote due to his application of International law in the judgment of cases. Conversatives obviously fucking hated him for it because he sided with liberal decisions often. It shouldn't have been left up to Trump to find some sort of "neutral" jurist to replace him with, as it's unlikely a Democrat would do that either. If Kennedy cared about the balance of the court he should have retired 2+ years earlier or held out until Biden was elected. Don't even get me started on RBG... her being lauded as a pioneer all washed away because of the decisions she made. But of course plenty of Clintonite Dems have no interest in blaming Kennedy or RBG themselves, they blame it all on Bernie Bros for Hillary losing in 2016. All of this could be avoided if they weren't lifetime appointments, but good luck ever changing that.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
There already is a conservative Supreme Court. Trump lucked into Scalia dropping dead to nominate Gorsuch, Anthony Kennedy waited to retire until Trump was elected for some insane reason and Brett Kavanaugh was forced through, and Ruth Bader-Ginsburg refused to step aside when she was dying of cancer so now we have Amy Coney-Barrett.

A Justice suddenly dying is what it is, so Gorsuch being on the court was rather unavoidable. Anthony Kennedy was a Reagan appointtee but he was appointed to the US circuit court by Jimmy Carter. He was also typically a swing-vote due to his application of International law in the judgment of cases. Conversatives obviously fucking hated him for it because he sided with liberal decisions often. It shouldn't have been left up to Trump to find some sort of "neutral" jurist to replace him with, as it's unlikely a Democrat would do that either. If Kennedy cared about the balance of the court he should have retired 2+ years earlier or held out until Biden was elected. Don't even get me started on RBG... her being lauded as a pioneer all washed away because of the decisions she made. But of course plenty of Clintonite Dems have no interest in blaming Kennedy or RBG themselves, they blame it all on Bernie Bros for Hillary losing in 2016. All of this could be avoided if they weren't lifetime appointments, but good luck ever changing that.
Two old guys that are about to retire or drop dead, and that means Biden or Trump can appoint two much younger judges to replace them. I think it was Alito and Thomas who were gunning to retire if Trump won? I don't remember the specifics.

I still don't understand how Clinton had support years after she lost, but thankfully it died off for the most part. The way she still continues to talk and blame everyone but herself though, she lacks self-awareness.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States

If Biden dies before November, and they use his remains to fertalize a house plant? I'd vote for the house plant.

Blue no matter who.

Now, more than ever.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation

If Biden dies before November, and they use his remains to fertalize a house plant? I'd vote for the house plant.

Blue no matter who.

Now, more than ever.
In fairness that houseplant would have more brainpower than biden.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
If Biden dies before November, and they use his remains to fertalize a house plant? I'd vote for the house plant.

Blue no matter who.

Now, more than ever.
Sure, but just want to make sure you're aware that this is first and foremost a fundraising strategy and it won't be going away even if Trump does.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sure, but just want to make sure you're aware that this is first and foremost a fundraising strategy and it won't be going away even if Trump does.
Sure. And I also know, in principal, Blue No Matter Who isn't that respectable of a stance to take, because it engenders complacency in the people, causing us not to hold our political advocates to the standard we should be holding them to.

And that it also engenders complicitness in whatever cloak and dagger (or full frontal) immoralities said party gets arround to committing.

Still, I meant what I said about voting for policies and not people. There's a reason I say BNMH instead of "Never Trump." It's not just a "I don't want Trump" thing. It's a "I don't want a Republican" thing. Even a moderate Republican would still promote policies that I think make life worse for all Americans (not just women and minorities).

And while it'd never happen, if we managed to find a leftist that could get enough votes to win the presidency, I'd vote for them too. Blue is blue.
 
Last edited:
Top