It's Kamala. It's just Kamala, lol. She's got Biden's endorsement and the money is already there. And at least 12 senators have given her the thumbs up. It was never gonna be a leftie.
It's Kamala. It's just Kamala, lol. She's got Biden's endorsement and the money is already there. And at least 12 senators have given her the thumbs up. It was never gonna be a leftie.
Kamala is going to get her ass handed to her by Trump. Democrats seem to hyperfocus on the misogyny and racism of the Republican Party while forgetting that many of their own voters carry those traits.
This is going to be Hillary / Trump 2.0.
Too bad we can't throw Jon Stewart into the running. Fight "celebrity" with a much better articulated and charismatic celebrity.
ABC News is your trusted source on political news stories and videos. Get the latest coverage and analysis on everything from the Trump presidency, Senate, House and Supreme Court.
projects.fivethirtyeight.com
She is as far as I can tell less popular than Biden. Gaffe prone. Had a rather inconsequential vice presidency... If this is the best democrats can do then there's nothing to be done but that is disheartening at best. I don't think kamala would even be good as a mate in this race, let alone as the candidate.
Kamala is going to get her ass handed to her by Trump. Democrats seem to hyperfocus on the misogyny and racism of the Republican Party while forgetting that many of their own voters carry those traits.
This is going to be Hillary / Trump 2.0.
Too bad we can't throw Jon Stewart into the running. Fight "celebrity" with a much better articulated and charismatic celebrity.
I think democrats fundamentally misunderstand a good chunk of the voters they are trying to sell those policies too. This is why they keep losing the latino vote to trump more and more...
She is as far as I can tell less popular than Biden. Gaffe prone. Had a rather inconsequential vice presidency... If this is the best democrats can do then there's nothing to be done but that is disheartening at best. I don't think kamala would even be good as a mate in this race, let alone as the candidate.
This is why I kept pushing back on all the "Biden has to drop out" posts in here with "Oh yeah? Who should take his spot?" responses, because the likelyhood of them picking Kamala was the strongest, and you guys wouldn't be satisfied with that choice anyway.
Kamala is going to get her ass handed to her by Trump. Democrats seem to hyperfocus on the misogyny and racism of the Republican Party while forgetting that many of their own voters carry those traits.
Maybe, maybe not. There's a difference between indifference and dislike. As far as I can tell there's nothing incredibly offensive about her unless you're a leftist (they call her Cop-Mala) or a mysoginist or racist ala the MAGA crowd.
But she's centrist, the same as Biden. Anyone that wanted the Biden ticket but under a younger candidate will vote for Kamala. She'll get the "Blue No Matter Who" vote, the "anyone but Trump" vote, the centrist Democrat vote, and the Black and woman vote.
This is why I kept pushing back on all the "Biden has to drop out" posts in here with "Oh yeah? Who should take his spot?" responses, because the likelyhood of them picking Kamala was the strongest, and you guys wouldn't be satisfied with that choice anyway.
Maybe, maybe not. There's a difference between indifference and dislike. As far as I can tell there's nothing incredibly offensive about her unless you're a leftist (they call her Cop-Mala) or a mysoginist or racist ala the MAGA crowd.
But she's centrist, the same as Biden. Anyone that wanted the Biden ticket but under a younger candidate will vote for Kamala. She'll get the "Blue No Matter Who" vote, the "anyone but Trump" vote, the centrist Democrat vote, and the Black and woman vote.
I am not from the US, I don't vote anyways. And my comments were never to not vote for biden, just that that potato wasn't going to beat the felon. And now my comment is that kamala likely isn't beating the felon either because basically no one likes her or her inexistent policies. This is on the democratic party for having literally nothing to stand on.
I am not from the US, I don't vote anyways. And my comments were never to not vote for biden, just that that potato wasn't going to beat the felon. And now my comment is that kamala likely isn't beating the felon either because basically no one likes her or her inexistent policies. This is on the democratic party for having literally nothing to stand on.
At this point, I see no reason why Trump should even have a chance of winning. Harris might not be the best choice, but she's still better than Biden or Trump.
I know it's their job, but that doesn't take responsibility away from American civilians, especially the ones who claim to be democrats or left leaning. But for you to say "I'm not a American, it doesn't effect me. But also, let me point out all the things you guys did wrong" is worthless if it doesn't come with an answer on how to fix it. Criticism isn't welcome if it isn't constructive. Othwerise it's just kicking someone while they're down.
Not to say you can't voice your opinion of course. Just being realistic about the worth of it.
That would be like me shitting on Palestine for half a year without offering an answer to how they move toward a better future.
At this point, I see no reason why Trump should even have a chance of winning. Harris might not be the best choice, but she's still better than Biden or Trump.
Will be interesting as the only dirt I know of is her prosecution record.
And her being childless, but the shitbricks pointing that out are conservatives, so that doesn't matter. But the amount of misogyny they're showing her should hopefully inspire white women to vote for Harris, but who knows.
ABC News is your trusted source on political news stories and videos. Get the latest coverage and analysis on everything from the Trump presidency, Senate, House and Supreme Court.
projects.fivethirtyeight.com
Both biden and kamala are less popular than trump. Somehow.... With kamala democrats have some hope I guess but she is still a deeply, deeply unpopular candidate. I don't see her winning over swing voters tbh. hopefully she picks a vice president people actually like.
The traction that Harris has gained has been amazing. However I'm not looking forward to how the right will respond to her, and I wish that'd be enough to convince moderates/centrists and "decent" republicans to vote for Harris or at least, abstain from voting so Trump doesn't get votes.
ABC News is your trusted source on political news stories and videos. Get the latest coverage and analysis on everything from the Trump presidency, Senate, House and Supreme Court.
projects.fivethirtyeight.com
Both biden and kamala are less popular than trump. Somehow.... With kamala democrats have some hope I guess but she is still a deeply, deeply unpopular candidate. I don't see her winning over swing voters tbh. hopefully she picks a vice president people actually like.
Yeah, those polls aren't gonna change within 24 hours, but we'll see how things look after a month. Most of Kamala's unfavorable opinions toward her aren't as severe as Biden's were, and are only severe to further left leaning people. I don't see anything about her that would scare off swing voters that wouldn't have scared them away from Biden. But scaring them off and not motivating them to vote for here are two different things.
I really wish the left understood the difference between Harris in power and Trump in power. As sketchy as Harris's history as a prosecutor is (apparently some people are saying that she didn't put thousands of black men in jail, but less than hundred or something), she's still easily a better option than a party that abhors anyone who's not a white, conservative adult male.
At the very least, Dems aren't going to allow some stuff that goes against their platform because they know that it'll give people less reason to vote for them. Project 2025 should put a fear in the heart of people who actually care about others.
ABC News is your trusted source on political news stories and videos. Get the latest coverage and analysis on everything from the Trump presidency, Senate, House and Supreme Court.
projects.fivethirtyeight.com
Both biden and kamala are less popular than trump. Somehow.... With kamala democrats have some hope I guess but she is still a deeply, deeply unpopular candidate. I don't see her winning over swing voters tbh. hopefully she picks a vice president people actually like.
The traction that Harris has gained has been amazing. However I'm not looking forward to how the right will respond to her, and I wish that'd be enough to convince moderates/centrists and "decent" republicans to vote for Harris or at least, abstain from voting so Trump doesn't get votes.
The problem with Harris is going to be people who think she's not far left enough, like with Hillary. Her history is pretty moderate. She had a lot of unpopular policies that work well when campaigning for Republicans but not Democrats. When I lived in San Francisco she was pretty infamous for disproportionately locking up POC due to truancy. As I said in another post as well a lot of Democrats have a higher opinion of their supporters than is deserved. The Democrat's voters have similar issues as Republicans - misogyny, racism and homophobia. One of the reasons Buttigieg couldn't secure anything close to a nomination is as a gay man he was wildly unpopular with black and Hispanic voters. A lot of Democrat voters are very much "union voters" who will not trust a woman to run the country. She's got my vote but Democrats are excellent at creating echo chambers and assuming they will win while also failing to strategize.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Did anyone watch the body-cam footage of the Massey shooting in Illinois? Holy shit. I hope that cop gets beaten to within an inch of his life daily in prison. I think the only reason there aren't national protests is that for once they actually arrested the cop without bond and put first degree murder charges on him.
The problem with Harris is going to be people who think she's not far left enough, like with Hillary. Her history is pretty moderate. She had a lot of unpopular policies that work well when campaigning for Republicans but not Democrats. When I lived in San Francisco she was pretty infamous for disproportionately locking up POC due to truancy. As I said in another post as well a lot of Democrats have a higher opinion of their supporters than is deserved. The Democrat's voters have similar issues as Republicans - misogyny, racism and homophobia. One of the reasons Buttigieg couldn't secure anything close to a nomination is as a gay man he was wildly unpopular with black and Hispanic voters. A lot of Democrat voters are very much "union voters" who will not trust a woman to run the country. She's got my vote but Democrats are excellent at creating echo chambers and assuming they will win while also failing to strategize.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Did anyone watch the body-cam footage of the Massey shooting in Illinois? Holy shit. I hope that cop gets beaten to within an inch of his life daily in prison. I think the only reason there aren't national protests is that for once they actually arrested the cop without bond and put first degree murder charges on him.
From what I've seen, that's not the problem. Even if she was far left, she'd still get shit for supporting Israel and for apparently throwing and keeping people, especially Black men, in jail. I think the left would vote for a conservative Democrat if it meant they aligned with the left's beliefs, mainly regarding Israel's genocide of Palestinians and helping with economical issues that people are facing.
Yep, it's weird because you'd think Clinton's loss would open their eyes up to not underestimating their opponents or being so half-assed and ignoring voters.
I think there might be national protests depending on what happens to the cop. If he goes unpunished then yeah. How often have we seen cops coldly murder Black people and often get away with it with a slap on a wrist?
I think there might be national protests depending on what happens to the cop. If he goes unpunished then yeah. How often have we seen cops coldly murder Black people and often get away with it with a slap on a wrist?
They actually handled it well this time. They arrested him without bail and are charging him with three different charges including first degree murder. He's cooked, IMO. They also released the body cam footage fairly quickly. I recall for George Floyd it took a long time to get that.
It's horrible that someone who has a DUI and has been through 6 or so police jobs in 4 years can still find gainful employment in the police force. IMO any sort of non-minor violation should disqualify someone from ever being a cop. Especially DUIs.
Yep, it's weird because you'd think Clinton's loss would open their eyes up to not underestimating their opponents or being so half-assed and ignoring voters.
The craziest thing to me is that things that are ammunition against Democrat candidates are buffs to Republicans. The expectation around Trump is already that he acts like a wild man-baby. He gets a boost no matter what he does. Democrat candidates cannot do things like argue over who would win at golf in a debate, or who has the larger penis, or talk about how many girls they've hooked up with.
Imagine you're in a trial by elimination job interview and you get into it with another candidate talking about who can run the fastest... It's ridiculous that that's essentially how the "interview" for the top position in the USA went.