Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Yeah, from the manga I've read, I'm trying to think of another use of that technique (showing the same scene from two different perspectives and giving each a whole chapter).
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I know back in the day CLAMP was running 2 different manga and they collided at some point, which is way more ambitious but that was the whole point I guess. It's crazy when it comes out of nowhere, other than that I have no idea of similar examples. I feel like many authors will resort to a classic flashback, but the panels being almost identical in some cases gives it a creepy vibe in this case, Togashi man...
 

lulukaruins

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
455
Reaction score
655
Country
Sabertooth
CMIIW, but CLAMP is not a person, right. They are a group of writers, as for Togashi he wrote this himself.

It would generate a lot of discussion if one day the chapter was adapted into an anime. What I liked even more about that chapter was Melody's involvement both then and in the future, thinking about it gave me goosebumps and excitement at the same time.
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
CMIIW, but CLAMP is not a person, right. They are a group of writers, as for Togashi he wrote this himself.

It would generate a lot of discussion if one day the chapter was adapted into an anime. What I liked even more about that chapter was Melody's involvement both then and in the future, thinking about it gave me goosebumps and excitement at the same time.
Yeah its a group of various female mangakas.

And the anime adaptation could be very interesting, I guess it'll be up to the director of that particular episode to be made into a great scene. I feel like the tone could really serve something like the 1999 version.
 

lulukaruins

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
455
Reaction score
655
Country
Sabertooth
I knew it, one page per day was ominous :emocat
Let's hope for the best
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know we all want to see HxH return soon
but I don't want Togashi to rush himself.

I am completely fine with Togashi taking a
day off or two or however many he needs.

Of course I still want him to work on HxH
if he is able and wants to but I am ok with a slower release schedule.

The tweets are cool but sometimes it worries me that Togashi might feel like he has to "prove" he is still working.

Also he has assistants so even if he is not working they might still be.
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,637
Gender
Female
Country
China
his power level is restoring. this 1 was drawn with so much power and passion I just know he's doing well
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Which magazine if any do you think HxH will be released in?

I think Shonen Jump Rise would be a really good move because it can then have a seasonal release schedule like Beet the Vandel Buster
and also it would draw more people to really underrated but awesome forgotten manga like Beet the Vandel Buster and there's also a series called
Beat 3 Peat which is by Yasuhiro Nightow the guy who made the original Trigun manga and also D Gray Man and something called Mr. Clice.

I feel that HxH would be in good company with these series.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jump+? Seems like the most obvious one.
I mean yeah but like it should be Jump Plus AND SJ Rise Square.
Or really those manga should be in Jump Plus...and then animated...again.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
If it does end up moving, I think it’ll at least run a few chapters in WSJ (like what World Trigger and Ruri did before their moves).

If he doesn’t stay in WSJ, I agree that Jump+ is most likely. On the other hand, I’m not sure Togashi would want to be on a digital-only platform when he’s still analog. Just as a matter of principle.
 
Top