Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurama58

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 2, 2024
Messages
591
Reaction score
297
Age
25
Country
France
Answer me a question: If Nue surviver to reach 100 chap then why Nue is in bottom in recent weeks? Bonus: Bottom 3.
You are correct about Nue ranking really bad but there is a few other series that don’t get the same sales and are also in the bottom.
Add the fact that UU and Yoza are ending and you realize that nue is not a priority to axe
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Literally half of the magazine have been sharing the bottom 5 in the recent weeks, and some of the other half have ranked close to it a few times.
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
3,362
Age
27
Country
Italy
But Nue is bottom three in recent weeks?
Bottom placements honestly just mean less recently.

Undead Unluck got bottom 1 two weeks in a row with still no color pages and is doing fine.

Yozakura just got an anniversary cover (which Nue also got for its own anniversary btw) and is now bottom 3.

Kagurabachi is low this week despite being one of the best performers in the magazine.

Also Nue has been in a similar situation before, right before the anniversary cover announcement. It also got a few color pages close to each other recently)

To top it all off, it would be plain dumb to axe a series which has consistent sales and has had a very successful cafe collab (merch sold out twice) before all the series that perform objectively worse. Nue is fine right now despite ToC.
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,084
Reaction score
1,980
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #50 2024
Akane-banashi (Cover and Lead Color Pages)
Ichi the Witch
ONE PIECE
Blue Box
Me & Roboco
Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (Color Page)
Undead Unluck
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo (Color Page)
Shinobi Undercover (First Ranking)
WITCH WATCH
The Elusive Samurai
Hima-ten!
Kagurabachi
HAKUTAKU (First Ranking)
HUNTER×HUNTER
Kill Blue (Color Page)
Mission: Yozakura Family
Nue's Exorcist
Astro Royale
Yokai Buster Murakami (End of Serialization)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #51 (Preview)
Cover & LCP: Sid Craft no Saishuu Suiri (New Series by Taishi Tsutsui)
CP: Astro Royale (Volume 3); Hima-ten! (Good Reception); Ichi the Witch (Great Popularity)
ASTRO LAST WTF 😭, why…

but we get a color page next week, thats a relief. Will we get vol 3 cover reveal this week or next week?
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
Nue already secures a sizable fanbase, it will be around for a while
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,084
Reaction score
1,980
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nice shinobigoto rank btw, happy to see doing good
 

Qukiqq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2023
Messages
761
Reaction score
1,352
Country
England
Answer me a question: If Nue surviver to reach 100 chap then why Nue is in bottom in recent weeks? Bonus: Bottom 3.
Say there are 8 issues between each batch.

Nue would be around chapter ~80 for the first batch of 2025.

Nue would only have to survive two batches to reach chapter 100.

And currently hakutaku , kill blue , kiyoshi ,chojo and debatably himaten and astro royale are in more danger than it and yozakura and undead will end soon.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Beyond what everyone else has said, Nue has been in the mag for nearly two years now. It'll probably get an anime announcement this coming year which could give it a big popularity boost. I don't think Nue is in danger.
However, I am still wondering if this could be a long final arc with a natural end that we're entering. Especially given when I mentioned it before, everyone's made a point to mention that the Fujino family stuff still has yet to be sorted out, yet now it seems they may play a part in this arc as well.
Or it could just be a set-up for what would be the final arc after.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure Shiroha is gonna be final girl.
 

kitakaze

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
83
Reaction score
11
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Bottom placements honestly just mean less recently.

Undead Unluck got bottom 1 two weeks in a row with still no color pages and is doing fine.

Yozakura just got an anniversary cover (which Nue also got for its own anniversary btw) and is now bottom 3.

Kagurabachi is low this week despite being one of the best performers in the magazine.

Also Nue has been in a similar situation before, right before the anniversary cover announcement. It also got a few color pages close to each other recently)

To top it all off, it would be plain dumb to axe a series which has consistent sales and has had a very successful cafe collab (merch sold out twice) before all the series that perform objectively worse. Nue is fine right now despite ToC.
I think that cafe collab is not enough to save Nue from getting axe. Some series are sales well but got axe late, example: Ichinose family, Nura,.... Why you think that cafe collab will save Nue? Answer me that question.
 

Zest00

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
401
Reaction score
766
Country
Gotei 13
Beyond what everyone else has said, Nue has been in the mag for nearly two years now. It'll probably get an anime announcement this coming year which could give it a big popularity boost. I don't think Nue is in danger.
However, I am still wondering if this could be a long final arc with a natural end that we're entering. Especially given when I mentioned it before, everyone's made a point to mention that the Fujino family stuff still has yet to be sorted out, yet now it seems they may play a part in this arc as well.
Or it could just be a set-up for what would be the final arc after.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure Shiroha is gonna be final girl.
Shiroha is best girl, Gakuro need to end up with her or I will stab my neighbor's bear plushie.
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
3,362
Age
27
Country
Italy
I am still wondering if this could be a long final arc with a natural end that we're entering.
To not get spoilery, I'll just say I disagree. There's a lot of stuff left tk cover besides the Fujinos.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shiroha is best girl, Gakuro need to end up with her or I will stab my neighbor's bear plushie.
NOT THE PLUSHIE
 

Zest00

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
401
Reaction score
766
Country
Gotei 13
1. Nue's Exorcist
2. Blue Box
3. Akane Banashi
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
3,362
Age
27
Country
Italy
I think that cafe collab is not enough to save Nue from getting axe. Some series are sales well but got axe late, example: Ichinose family, Nura,.... Why you think that cafe collab will save Nue? Answer me that question.
Did you just disregard EVERYTHING I said besides the cafe's success?

Anyways I'll try to make it simpler:

1. There are MULTIPLE series that objectively perform worse than Nue, and a few more that debatably do as as well.

2. I did not say "The cafe will save Nue". I said that it was a huge success for the series, and because of that Shueisha now knows there is good merch potential coming from the series.

3. You are basing the possibility of an axe for Nue on the bad ToC ranks. As I've said, the ranks recently don't mean much (see what I said about Kagurabachi, Yozakura and Undead Unluck. I'll throw in Witch Watch as well as it got bottom 1 a while ago despite the anime being announced already.)

4. The series is not rushing the story.

5. I am not saying it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to get cancelled in the future, I'm saying that it should reach chapter 100 (and the second anniversary) without too much worry.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
but we get a color page next week, thats a relief. Will we get vol 3 cover reveal this week or next week?
Jump: Wait weeks after release to give Astro color page for vol 1 & 2

Also Jump: Gives a color page for vol 3 two weeks before release

 

Zest00

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
401
Reaction score
766
Country
Gotei 13
When I take office, trolls will be a thing of the past. I will be the one to lead us Animen boldly into the future. Stand with me—vote for a stronger tomorrow!

Zest00 for Anime Land President!

Joke aside, I rather ignore the trolls who keep doomposting for no reason.
 

Magister Xehanort

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
334
Reaction score
1,337
Age
32
Country
Brazil
I don't understand why people are surprised about the lack of colored pages in Undead Unluck.

The lack of colored pages is a common occurrence in Shonen Jump. For example, Toriko, Bleach and Shokugeki no Souma were manga that already had anime and didn't have a new season and suffered a drastic reduction in colored pages a few months after their seasons ended. For younger readers, this may be news: After 2020, we didn't have any manga released in the magazine without a second season scheduled, but now that we have one again, we see that certain actions continue the same. This isn't persecution against Undead Unluck, it's just a methodology to highlight newer works.
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
Nue already secures a sizable fanbase, it will be around for a while
Sorry, wrong choice of word there. Should have said "cult" that will vote for the manga no matter what instead of a fanbase. Calling it a fanbase is underestimating it
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
4,808
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
When I take office, trolls will be a thing of the past. I will be the one to lead us Animen boldly into the future. Stand with me—vote for a stronger tomorrow!

Zest00 for Anime Land President!

Joke aside, I rather ignore the trolls who keep doomposting for no reason.
Make Mangahelpers Great Again
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top