Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
775
Reaction score
1,237
Age
25
Country
United States
Now might as well be a good time to drop my essay of thoughts from a few hours ago as I was reading (I swear it was supposed to just be half a sentence each but I couldn’t stop myself :bored). Let me know if I should’ve spoilered anything, since it’s my first time doing this:


Akane-banashi: For some reason last chapter I confused Kiroku with Miroku and didn’t realize this was the previous Shiguma, so I feel kinda silly. But I’ll be curious to see where Issho strays from the path such that he can’t inherit Shiguma’s Art, and how the current Shiguma does, since we haven’t really seen his perspective yet.

Ichi the Witch: I was glad I predicted the food route prior to him dicing her up last chapter, and this is a reasonable conclusion to that, with a little flavor of backstory added. Wonder where things will go from here beyond the episodic majiks.

One Piece: Really enjoying Loki’s character so far, hopefully the other straw hats get to see him (whether they want to or not haha). Hopefully the bridge gang can clear up any misunderstandings soon so they can chill with Hajrudin’s gang, though it might also be funnier for them to be lost. Also YESS ROBIN! I love the hair, shockingly the most impactful part of the chapter. I do wonder if Oda is setting things up where she meets Saul on his deathbed and they get one final chat, cuz I can’t imagine he’d do all this set-up just to shirk them of their reunion (that’s usually the opposite of the way Oda handles character deaths, again using Saul as an example).

Blue Box: I didn’t really realize Yumeka and Chinatsu hadn’t interacted much since the incident… hopefully their relationship isn’t fractured too much, and I’m guessing they’ll have a proper rematch later with a less tragic end result. And Dad time!! I almost wonder whether we’re gonna be baited with him being surprisingly chill, or if this’ll lay on the pressure for the rest of the championship. With all this stuff they might manage to get away with not addressing the tragedy of Kyo for awhile… well played, Miura, well played.

Me & Roboco: Wow, was not expecting actual lore behind the backhanded compliments this deep into the story. A lot of the faces like Gorilla drooling and stuff felt pretty new too. I’m kinda oddly surprised by how good this chapter felt, I was quite humored.

Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi: I hesitate to say it with the color page and all, but this feels kind of final-battle-ish? Not that Kiyoshi as a series hinges on powerscaling, but I don’t know where we would go from here after fighting this guy. I’ll hope for more, but keep myself cautiously pessimistic.

Undead Unluck: Wow, we really went all the way back. I didn’t think we’d get to see how negators came to be, so this was a bigger meal than I was expecting, and a clever way to manifest Unjustice. And I guess that means Victor is separate from Andy now? Which would mean that the death count for main characters in this second half of the story is somehow negative, in a way… huh.

Sakamoto Days: Kind of surprised they made it that quickly to the fortune teller, but things are ramping up. I wonder if Tenkyu will make it out of the prison alive, or if there’s even a way to restore feelings to him. Not surprised the script flipped when the lie was revealed though, Tenkyu didn’t really spend enough time with them to grow attached (not that he would’ve anyways haha).

Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: Wow, it’s just a week for backstories, huh? I am impressed with the sheer lack of social awareness of the gang with how the party was set up, but that tracks. Also interesting to note how his hair got more white the older he got.

Shinobi Undercover: Okay, jumping right into the next fight. We’re going with a bit of a faster pace with this one, which makes me wonder if it’s being set up to not last very long. Could also be the typical early-story episodic events. Either way, I enjoyed it.

Witch Watch: Dude! The backstories don’t stop! Actually kind of crazy to me that the manga Ms. Makuwa is a fan of is actually based on the previous gen’s squad and their mission, wild way to tie seemingly purely comedic stuff into the actual plot. It also sounds like we’re getting closer to the endgame with this, and maybe since Nico’s a ways from being fully restored this flashback will serve as the action sequence to cut through the usual comedy and romance to keep the genre cycle this series somehow keeps perpetuating going.

The Elusive Samurai: I have no idea how they’re going to clutch a win with these odds, but if Hoshina has a sizeable force that could help a lot. I was surprised earlier we didn’t see much change in Tokiyuki after another 2-year timeskip, so it felt reassuring to see attention drawn to how Ayako has grown a lot. I almost wonder how old they’ll all be by the end of the story, if there’ll be any other notable time jumps (no I’m not planning on looking into any of the actual history to glean pseudo-spoilers, haha).

Hima-Ten!: A fun little dress-up chapter, not too much development. I have absolutely 0 idea where the potential directions could go relationship-wise since this is my first time with this kind of manga, so I’m just kind of along for the ride and letting things happen.

Kagurabachi: They got me. I was fully expecting Samura to be the sacrifice, not him switching sides and (I assume) killing Yoji. Makes even more sense that the Hishaku focused their efforts on Samura’s location if he was secretly on their side. Very curious to see how the power balance of factions ends up by the end of the arc. (Additional note: it hit me that Samura is just Billy from Undead Unluck: cool dude former soldier who’s blind, wears sunglasses, has black hair, and betrays the squad suddenly. I should’ve seen it coming from a mile away…)

Hakutaku: Seems like it’ll be a park-themed game then rather than literally rebuilding the park? My first thought is something like Rollercoaster Tycoon on a smaller scale, where you take the empty plot and make a park out of it. It will be intriguing to see how they get Seo to come around on the idea too.

Kill Blue: In no world could I have imagined last chapter’s peak comedy playing a role in this mini-arc, but I’m all here for it. Part of me feels like the stakes could’ve been increased by having the unicorn triplets make the club battle a challenge, but it seems like the resulting level of seriousness wouldn’t’ve changed regardless, so it may have been pointless. This chapter also made me realize there’s been a lot of culture festival-esque chapters lately. Wondering if this time of year is relevant to that in some way.

Mission: Yozakura Family: Wow, was not expecting to see Kyoichiro’s True Spring Blooming before Futaba’s (I guess there’s still time to cut away and back again, but at this rate it’d almost be funny if Futaba didn’t have one because she was just that wild to begin with). I wonder if it’ll be harder to wrench Asa out of Taiyo now that he’s gotten full control.

Nue’s Exorcist: I feel like I’m getting a handle on what’s going on again, since after I swiftly caught up on this initially I was realizing I didn’t remember who half of the non-main girls actually were, and getting a lot of names and other characters confused. But the art continues to be solid, and I’m interested to see how Yajima clutches this one, or the result of him potentially failing to.

Astro Royale: In a way continuing the trend of each fight lasting a chapter, though with a loss and tradeoff this time. Kudos to Himuro for having the timing for re-freezing Reri perfect and keeping that in mind mid-fight. Hopefully Kinpa’s got what it takes to whip out some familial revenge.

And finally, the funeral service…

Yokai Buster Murakami: It’s a reasonable ending. I got a chuckle from Murakami dryly debunking the typical “inherited power” and “guy from back then” stuff. What I’m mostly curious about is if this author will go for a third round in Jump in the future. At the very least, judging by the first volume cover, they’re capable of making art look cool, and I’ve heard people say that maybe they could try a more serious series rather than a comedy. It makes me realize I don’t really know what this author’s chops are when it comes to non-comedy writing for the most part, so I really have no idea what to think of the idea. In any case, half of Ihara’s author comments (and honestly their little self-portrait drawing next to each one) tend to give off self-deprecating vibes, so I hope they don’t walk away from this flop feeling too inferior or worthless.


So yeah. Lots of backstories and flashbacks, lots of lore, lots of left-off tension for next week. I’m very satisfied on all accounts.
 

Chamo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Messages
184
Reaction score
653
Age
25
Country
France
The good news is that my favourite Kagurabachi character Samura is fully cleared of all death flags.

The bad news is that my favourite Kagurabachi character Samura is fully cleared of all death flags.
No?
If he really killed Uruha, he is now a target for Kamunabi, Chihiro Gang and Hishaku. He will die.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,291
Reaction score
7,319
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Murakami still suffered from a lot of the same issues as Shugomaru imo. Almost every character boils down to a single joke (which we've learned is deliberate and is what the author thinks makes a good character) which means after we've had their introduction, nobody ever has anything new to bring to the table. Additionally both series kept running out of jokes (probably because it only has one joke per character), in Shugomaru it kept padding the series with Yugioh references while here it at least tried moving onto the next scene which is an improvement I suppose, but as a result you could really tell how much it was struggling to keep any single scenes going.

I doubt this author will be back, nobody returns after 2 instant flops (all 3rd attempts can after at least one previous series surviving a round or two hence showing some promise), but even if they do I expect it'd just have the exact same problems and get instantly cancelled all over again.

Besides Murakami it was a great week! Pretty much all the action series had cool stuff happening, Himaten doing proper fashion stuff was fun, and even Roboco had a little development on how Bondo's friends became the way they are.
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,976
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was actually a pretty cool action chapter for Kiyoshi, the artists is pretty good for his 1st series but did the author just literally used Sarada's Mangekyo Sharingan design for the Demon Lord eyes?
Just waiting for him to reveal he’s a fan 😝
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I hesitate to say it with the color page and all, but this feels kind of final-battle-ish? Not that Kiyoshi as a series hinges on powerscaling, but I don’t know where we would go from here after fighting this guy. I’ll hope for more, but keep myself cautiously pessimistic.
I dont think it is simply because the author placed a dialogued in this fight saying that the demon lord has only 3 minutes to be there

So I really think he’ll just vanish and will be the main goal to our mc
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,489
Reaction score
4,805
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
No?
If he really killed Uruha, he is now a target for Kamunabi, Chihiro Gang and Hishaku. He will die.
Sure, but not anytime soon. There is literally no one who could take him down, and Chihiro's just got shredded by a thousand cranes too. No one is feasibly killing him atm. Besides, death flags exist for heroes, not antagonists. Like if you said you'll retire after this one last mission or if you say you're gonna propose to your sweetheart once this is all over...
 

Magister Xehanort

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
334
Reaction score
1,337
Age
32
Country
Brazil
I loved this week's chapter of Witch Watch, one of the best chapters of the week, a lots of important and cool revelations, but I noticed something, does this mean that the very popular BL ship of Uron Mirage that had several chapters, the characters are based on Moi and Kan's dads?




 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
3,836
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
There is literally no one who could take him down.


Give it to me, Takeru, two war vets beating the shit out of one another. I know Shiba would get the fuck folded out of him bc Samura is probably the strongest guy on Earth right now but it'd be a good opportunity for him to show why Yura praised the guy and his sorcery so damn highly—I also just wanna see him get all serious against the guy who rat out the location of his best friend. Even against Souya, the dude was beyond chill.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Regarding KGB

They were upset that Samurai got Tobimume, "We failed", etc. How does that match with Samurai being a traitor? They failed because they should have killer Uruha without Samura's help with Tobimume?

The only solution I can think of is that they were not planning on revealing Samura's help now, but since he has Tobimume in hands, there was no other path for him, he needed to use it against them but also use it against Uruha.
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
775
Reaction score
1,237
Age
25
Country
United States
Regarding KGB

They were upset that Samurai got Tobimume, "We failed", etc. How does that match with Samurai being a traitor? They failed because they should have killer Uruha without Samura's help with Tobimume?

The only solution I can think of is that they were not planning on revealing Samura's help now, but since he has Tobimume in hands, there was no other path for him, he needed to use it against them but also use it against Uruha.
I think it’d be more along the lines that the Hishaku didn’t tell their grunts about Samura’s allegiance, and only the bigwigs or people important to the plan know about it. Most of them were probably fighting at the temple with the genuine assumption that their mission was to kill Samura, and Yura knew that they wouldn’t be capable of killing him, or knew about Hakuri’s ability to retrieve the blade, so they baited Hakuri into prioritizing Tobimune over Kumeyuri by putting Samura under more pressure while still making sure Uruha either died on the way to or was there at the temple to be taken out so they could make use of Kumeyuri. Either way Yura seems like the kind of 200IQ character who would be making big plays like that, judging by how he was at the Rakuzaichi.
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,489
Reaction score
4,805
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
Regarding KGB

They were upset that Samurai got Tobimume, "We failed", etc. How does that match with Samurai being a traitor? They failed because they should have killer Uruha without Samura's help with Tobimume?

The only solution I can think of is that they were not planning on revealing Samura's help now, but since he has Tobimume in hands, there was no other path for him, he needed to use it against them but also use it against Uruha.
I think it’d be more along the lines that the Hishaku didn’t tell their grunts about Samura’s allegiance, and only the bigwigs or people important to the plan know about it. Most of them were probably fighting at the temple with the genuine assumption that their mission was to kill Samura, and Yura knew that they wouldn’t be capable of killing him, or knew about Hakuri’s ability to retrieve the blade, so they baited Hakuri into prioritizing Tobimune over Kumeyuri by putting Samura under more pressure while still making sure Uruha either died on the way to or was there at the temple to be taken out so they could make use of Kumeyuri. Either way Yura seems like the kind of 200IQ character who would be making big plays like that, judging by how he was at the Rakuzaichi.
You know we had a chapter when the discussion is made behind spoiler texts.

My take is that Samura is not actually on the Hishaku's side either. He's a third party acting within his own interests, that is, to kill the sword bearers. He definitely ratted out Kunishige's location to the Hishaku that led to the assassination, and it's probably because he sees Kunishige as a guilty party given that he created those things. And it's probably the only way to off Kunishige given that Shiba was around to protect him. A likely plan was that Samura would distract Shiba by inviting him out for tea while the Hishaku carried out the assassination. Still, I don't see someone who winces at the idea of a young man dying for his sake to be fully onboard with the Hishaku.

According to Yura, Hiruhiko was given full control over their forces, and he used all of them to attack Samura's temple. Yura also added that Hiruhiko seemed hesitant to use their 'trump card'.

I considered that their trump card was a person or a weapon that could match an enchanted blade, but it's also highly likely that it was Samura all along. The trump card Yura's talking about is simply handing over Tobimune to Samura. If we go by the assumption that Samura's acting on his own accord, that makes him a complete wild card for the Hishaku. A powerful tool and ally to their cause, but one they have zero control over. If that's the case, it makes sense that Hiruhiko was hesitant to use it. Yes, they gain a powerful 'ally' who will kill the sword bearers as they want, but this ally isn't on their side either, and would just as easily kill them as well. A double edged sword, but a true trump card that shifts the tides in their favor.

Hiruhiko's play was perhaps to hopefully take down two swordbearers in the attack, and that would give them full control over Tobimune and Kumeyuri. That would be the best possible plan. The second best was that Samura receives Tobimune and takes out Uruha of his own will, but leaves Tobimune in the hands of someone too powerful for the Hishaku to kill or control.
 
Last edited:

Discomusic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
621
Reaction score
1,690
Age
40
Country
Italy
1. Ichi the Witch: What I like the most about this series is that, even if it can change into a 100% magic series anytime, the author doesn't forget the protagonist roots as an hunter, and keeps creating situations where this aspect is prevalent. So for now it is a series about hunting that coincidentally is also a series about magic... this duality makes a very interesting manga.
2. Akane-banashi: How great can a Rakugo performance be? Would I be so amazed by these storytellers if I were to assist at a live show like all the people pictured in this series? Akane-banashi is a great manga just for being able to put this thought into my mind.
3. Witch Watch: It is now time to return to the main plot, and it is also flashback time for this series. Not only that, but the huge balloon of ranting from the teacher had much more impact than an entire chapter of Hakutaku with a similar concept and a different target. I also think it is time for another episode of Uron Mirage and its great vagueness.
4. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi: Not much happened, but I can thake two positives from this chapter: for the first time, the protagonist is facing a threat that he can't one-shot and that is good for his character; and with the 3 minutes timelimit, it is highly likely that this is not the final fight of the series.
5. HunterXHunter: A chapter (mostly) about Chrollo and the secondary goal of the Phantom Troupe inside the ship. It is good to have a better grasp at what they are trying to do in there. Some drawings were amazing and no modern artist can reproduce the vibe.
6. One Piece: Ok, now this Elbaf arc is starting to get interesting. I finally have the feeling that something big is being cooked inside that island with that legendary giant tree.
7. Sakamoto Days: Another innocent character gets violently killed but at least this time it was prophetized. I'm not sure if I like the archer or not, he has an interesting design and personality but is way too schizofrenic.
8. Mission: Yozakura Family: Kyoichiro was great, but a lot of other cool things happen this week, from Asa regaining the upper hand to the encounter the twins make at the end of the chapter. A chapter of coolness this was.
9. Shinobi Undercover: It is now time for the other undercover ninja to get the spotlight. His personality is not one that I am fond of, but an interesting thing is that he is up against a very dangerous enemy (probably too dangerous, in only 10 chapters or so things have escalated way out of a semi-realistic power level).
10. Blue Box: Taiki had his sports arc, so Chinatsu rightfully has one now. Please japanese society let them share a kiss, they deserve it.
11. Kagurabachi: I read the chapter twice to understand it better, since from other comments a huge plot twist happened there. If this is true, the twist is great indeed but I think that the picture is still incomplete, and we didn't see what actually happened so it's too early to make the call.
12. Astro Royale: This was a nice subversion, it was as if Luffy decides to sacrifice himself so that another crew member can have the final battle. Him getting frozen with a smile is also very Luffy-like.
13. Kill Blue: I wonder how many culture festivals and sports festivals have been depicted in the history of Jump, can anyone track down such a stat? I liked this one with the EC club chasing their overarching goal of becoming the greatest school club ever.
14. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: Nicer than usual. Setting up little flashbacks with the excuse of a suprise party was a good idea, and the final result was a manifest of awkwardness that made me laugh this time.
15. Nue's Exorcist: For once I didn't expect to see Gakuro at a disadvantage here, I thought he had the upper hand this time in both power and motivation. I would appreciate a shocking loss for his character development.
16. The Elusive Samurai: I have some memories of the returning characters of this week, but my focus is still on Tokiyuki vs. Sadamune and we didn't have enough of it this week.
17. Me and Roboco: Apart from when Bondo trascended into divinity, I didn't find much reasons to laugh in this chapter. Some weeks exist where Chojo wins the gag battle.
18. Hima-Ten!: This week it was about fashion. That's fine given the subject of the series, but fashion tends to bore me so I didn't connect with the chapter. It's nice to see that despite all the temptations, Iemori still hasn't changed his feeling and he is sure of which girl he loves.
19. Undead Unluck: I think this is supposed to be a cathartic moment for the series, maybe even anticipated from all fandom since many years...I don't know, I just wanted to see Victor in action, I almost forgot all the lore involved in his backstory. Just remove the limiter and make him wreak havoc.
20. Hakutaku: With this tragic backstory, is the author trying to deliver a ferocious critic about the videogame making system that is exploiting the talented workers to exhaustion and loss of motivation? Nice try, but it came out bland and uninspired so I don't think it is hitting the mark.
21. Yokai Buster Murakami: Disappointed of this ending just like the rest of the series. The final panel was very abrupt, I remember Shugomaru's finale to be more emotional.



Retro binge update. Space Adventure Cobra: Read volume 13, where Cobra goes to three separate adventures: one features flowers with diamond teeth parasiting humans, one is a space train heist complete with (centaur) native americans versus cowboys, and one has an hidden sea treasure where the female assistant of the day betrays Cobra (as usual) and dies for the effort (as usual). I am starting to get a little tired from the routinely structures of the series, and I will remember this volume mostly because of a character saying "It's me, Mario!" some years before Super Mario Bros was born.
 

Cerclox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
2,043
Age
27
Country
Costa Rica
1. Ichi the Witch: What I like the most about this series is that, even if it can change into a 100% magic series anytime, the author doesn't forget the protagonist roots as an hunter, and keeps creating situations where this aspect is prevalent. So for now it is a series about hunting that coincidentally is also a series about magic... this duality makes a very interesting manga.
2. Akane-banashi: How great can a Rakugo performance be? Would I be so amazed by these storytellers if I were to assist at a live show like all the people pictured in this series? Akane-banashi is a great manga just for being able to put this thought into my mind.
3. Witch Watch: It is now time to return to the main plot, and it is also flashback time for this series. Not only that, but the huge balloon of ranting from the teacher had much more impact than an entire chapter of Hakutaku with a similar concept and a different target. I also think it is time for another episode of Uron Mirage and its great vagueness.
4. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi: Not much happened, but I can thake two positives from this chapter: for the first time, the protagonist is facing a threat that he can't one-shot and that is good for his character; and with the 3 minutes timelimit, it is highly likely that this is not the final fight of the series.
5. HunterXHunter: A chapter (mostly) about Chrollo and the secondary goal of the Phantom Troupe inside the ship. It is good to have a better grasp at what they are trying to do in there. Some drawings were amazing and no modern artist can reproduce the vibe.
6. One Piece: Ok, now this Elbaf arc is starting to get interesting. I finally have the feeling that something big is being cooked inside that island with that legendary giant tree.
7. Sakamoto Days: Another innocent character gets violently killed but at least this time it was prophetized. I'm not sure if I like the archer or not, he has an interesting design and personality but is way too schizofrenic.
8. Mission: Yozakura Family: Kyoichiro was great, but a lot of other cool things happen this week, from Asa regaining the upper hand to the encounter the twins make at the end of the chapter. A chapter of coolness this was.
9. Shinobi Undercover: It is now time for the other undercover ninja to get the spotlight. His personality is not one that I am fond of, but an interesting thing is that he is up against a very dangerous enemy (probably too dangerous, in only 10 chapters or so things have escalated way out of a semi-realistic power level).
10. Blue Box: Taiki had his sports arc, so Chinatsu rightfully has one now. Please japanese society let them share a kiss, they deserve it.
11. Kagurabachi: I read the chapter twice to understand it better, since from other comments a huge plot twist happened there. If this is true, the twist is great indeed but I think that the picture is still incomplete, and we didn't see what actually happened so it's too early to make the call.
12. Astro Royale: This was a nice subversion, it was as if Luffy decides to sacrifice himself so that another crew member can have the final battle. Him getting frozen with a smile is also very Luffy-like.
13. Kill Blue: I wonder how many culture festivals and sports festivals have been depicted in the history of Jump, can anyone track down such a stat? I liked this one with the EC club chasing their overarching goal of becoming the greatest school club ever.
14. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: Nicer than usual. Setting up little flashbacks with the excuse of a suprise party was a good idea, and the final result was a manifest of awkwardness that made me laugh this time.
15. Nue's Exorcist: For once I didn't expect to see Gakuro at a disadvantage here, I thought he had the upper hand this time in both power and motivation. I would appreciate a shocking loss for his character development.
16. The Elusive Samurai: I have some memories of the returning characters of this week, but my focus is still on Tokiyuki vs. Sadamune and we didn't have enough of it this week.
17. Me and Roboco: Apart from when Bondo trascended into divinity, I didn't find much reasons to laugh in this chapter. Some weeks exist where Chojo wins the gag battle.
18. Hima-Ten!: This week it was about fashion. That's fine given the subject of the series, but fashion tends to bore me so I didn't connect with the chapter. It's nice to see that despite all the temptations, Iemori still hasn't changed his feeling and he is sure of which girl he loves.
19. Undead Unluck: I think this is supposed to be a cathartic moment for the series, maybe even anticipated from all fandom since many years...I don't know, I just wanted to see Victor in action, I almost forgot all the lore involved in his backstory. Just remove the limiter and make him wreak havoc.
20. Hakutaku: With this tragic backstory, is the author trying to deliver a ferocious critic about the videogame making system that is exploiting the talented workers to exhaustion and loss of motivation? Nice try, but it came out bland and uninspired so I don't think it is hitting the mark.
21. Yokai Buster Murakami: Disappointed of this ending just like the rest of the series. The final panel was very abrupt, I remember Shugomaru's finale to be more emotional.



Retro binge update. Space Adventure Cobra: Read volume 13, where Cobra goes to three separate adventures: one features flowers with diamond teeth parasiting humans, one is a space train heist complete with (centaur) native americans versus cowboys, and one has an hidden sea treasure where the female assistant of the day betrays Cobra (as usual) and dies for the effort (as usual). I am starting to get a little tired from the routinely structures of the series, and I will remember this volume mostly because of a character saying "It's me, Mario!" some years before Super Mario Bros was born.
Ichi de Witch keeps suprising me every week, one of the best reads in a while for me
 

Kurama58

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 2, 2024
Messages
591
Reaction score
297
Age
25
Country
France
Ichi the witch is here to stay, I hope it will help supporting jump, we can’t only count on kgb as a new series to become a pillar, jump need other new hit
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You know we had a chapter when the discussion is made behind spoiler texts.
It looks like that we should use KGB's own thread for it. If anyone wants to, I can transfer there my reply to you two.

----

In addition, in regards to Ichi, I'm a bit bored by it.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
3,836
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
I really like Kumugi.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It looks like that we should use KGB's own thread for it. If anyone wants to, I can transfer there my reply to you two.
Kagurabachi has its own thread? Man, I still don't know how to manoeuvre this site.
 

echo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2023
Messages
693
Reaction score
1,392
Gender
Female
Country
United States

iker_03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
11,136
Age
22
Country
Spain
Weekly Shoseki Ranking Top 500
1. ONE PIECE #110
4. SAKAMOTO DAYS #19
13. Akane-banashi #14
19. WITCH WATCH #19
53. Kill Blue #7 (8,745 / 15,485)
77. Hima-ten! #1 (6,705 / 11,287)
96. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo #3 (5,090 / 9,122)
99. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi #1 (4,835 / 8,933)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top