Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

1. No fights or personal insults.
2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of annoying or starting heated discussions, if i notice it, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comment will be deleted.
4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't relate about anime & manga outside the thread.
5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
7. No self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
8. Fanart posts just for the sake of posting is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post
9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
~ Shinuki


I hope everybody read these rules and follow it without problem, the comment will soon be sticked at the top of the thread to be visible in every page, so if any doubt about what to avoid doing, just check it, also if i feel like any new rule has to be added in the future, i will do. Thanks!

Obs: Rules about fanart edited!
 
Last edited:

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
They waited a few hours before the release of the 3rd volume to say it,
They didn't. It's the usual "circulation number announced on new volume's obi"
If anything, the official twitter even hid the number part out of the picture of the book that they uploaded
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There's no rocket science behind circulation numbers, it will always be at least 2x what we see it selling on Oricon or Shoseki, Roboco just pulled 1.5 million despite doing less than 20k currently in physical, same happens with all the other series.

It ain’t the first time I heared it in my case
lol which makes zero sense, why would Jump overprint a newbie which series ranked mostly in the bottom?
 

Kurama58

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 2, 2024
Messages
591
Reaction score
297
Age
25
Country
France
They didn't. It's the usual "circulation number announced on new volume's obi"
If anything, the official twitter even hid the number part out of the picture of the book that they uploaded
Ah then it’s still about strategic promotion, since a lot of people mix circulation and sales, they might get attracted to something that sell, well in fact it’s just a big overprint, I’m starting to feel bad about Astro

There's no rocket science behind circulation numbers, it will always be at least 2x what we see it selling on Oricon or Shoseki, Roboco just pulled 1.5 million despite doing less than 20k currently in physical, same happens with all the other series.



lol which makes zero sense, why would Jump overprint a newbie which series ranked mostly in the bottom?
From what I know it’s was a rare case of overprint which would actually make no sense lol, I mean you don’t print 350k at the 4th volume for a series that don’t sell above 30k
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
Ah then it’s still about strategic promotion, since a lot of people mix circulation and sales, they might get attracted to something that sell, well in fact it’s just a big overprint, I’m starting to feel bad about Astro
I don't think Astro sells that much, but I don't think it needs you to feel bad about it for whatever reason
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't think Astro sells that much, but I don't think it needs you to feel bad about it for whatever reason
Poor Wakui getting all that money from circulation & digital while Jump keeps promoting it :grin
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,481
Reaction score
3,376
Age
27
Country
Italy
Nice numbers, and before the "but overprinting", remember, series like Phantom Seer which sold around the same or less had 250k with 4 volumes, P6 had 350k with 5, so these arent really unnusual numbers for Astro with 3 volumes

And now, can we please get Nue circulation numbers? LOL
Yeah, no disrespect to Astro but there is actually no shot it deserves a circulation update while Nue doesn't
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
From what I know it’s was a rare case of overprint which would actually make no sense lol, I mean you don’t print 350k at the 4th volume for a series that don’t sell above 30k
250k, not 350k, But thats the thing, why would Jump overprint a newbie which never ranked well to start with it? even worse whei it comes after Samurai 8 overprint fiasco lol
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
Poor Wakui getting all that money from circulation & digital while Jump keeps promoting it :grin
I'm more concerning about those color pages
Hokazono is 24 and already dying. Wakui is at least 50
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yrah, no disrespect to Astro but there is actually no shot it deserves a circulation update while Nue doesn't
All series deserves a circulation number 👍
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm more concerning about those color pages
Hokazono is 24 and already dying. Wakui is at least 50
Its the Kodansha blood, dont worry, Wakui might publish 2 chapters with cp at once very soon :verily
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
Without going too off topic, I'm not saying Dandadan has bad art, but there have been times where the Tatsu reused panels to fill out pages about as much as, if not more than, Hokazono did. The beautiful spreads in both manga always comes at a cost.

I cannot see the image you posted.

But i know what you mean. It does not diminish Tatsu's skills and I think he is working smart. I also noticed he did a lot of other time saving techniques such as using photos etc. But it is a legit method in the industry
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,094
Reaction score
1,981
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm more concerning about those color pages
Hokazono is 24 and already dying. Wakui is at least 50
The fact that he probably did worse in kodansha, he might be feeling better 😭, there's a chance he already has the volume 4 cover done
 

Kurama58

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 2, 2024
Messages
591
Reaction score
297
Age
25
Country
France
I don't think Astro sells that much, but I don't think it needs you to feel bad about it for whatever reason
Yeah you might be right, I hope it stop bleeding readers soon, because the Circulation with the sales will just make things even worse and basically turn this series to a joke and I don’t want that

Tho I still want to know how bad the difference between the Circulation/Sales is for KB lol
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,094
Reaction score
1,981
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah you might be right, I hope it stop bleeding readers soon, because the Circulation with the sales will just make things even worse and basically turn this series to a joke and I don’t want that
what's all that against astro lmao
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It seems that the Astro circulation update completely outshined the Blue Box one which finally overtook Sakamoto Days. So I post it here:
Finally a realistic update. Since the October one was nonsensical since it was the same number as September.

Sept - 5000000 at 16 volumes
Oct - 5000000 at 17 volumes
Dec - 6200000 at 18(?) volumes
 

echo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2023
Messages
694
Reaction score
1,398
Gender
Female
Country
United States
A lot of good chapters this week but Chojo with a triumphant return to form gets chapter of the week.

1. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 41
2. Syd Craft: Love is a Mystery 3
3. Hima-Ten! 21

4. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 23
5. Shinobi Undercover 12

6. Ruri Dragon 25
7. Nue's Exorcist 77
8. Mission: Yozakura Family 253
9. Sakamoto Days 192
10. Blue Box 175
11. Akane-banashi 137
12. Kill Blue 80
13. Ichi the Witch 13
14. Witch Watch 181
15. Hakutaku 11
16. Kagurabachi 59
17. Astro Royale 32

Surprisingly Syd chapters 2 and 3 were better then the first chapter...
 

Hawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,930
Age
28
Country
Vandenreich
I cannot see the image you posted.

But i know what you mean. It does not diminish Tatsu's skills and I think he is working smart. I also noticed he did a lot of other time saving techniques such as using photos etc. But it is a legit method in the industry
This is what Hokazono does too but I think a lot of people dismiss it as a "oh no mangaka being bad/lazy/sick" rather than "this is actually probably keeping their health good in a practical way while giving time to real things that matter". I don't think his quality is going down at all, like honestly the Owl double spread from last chapter is fucking crazy. Also the deleted tweet basically confirming something LOOOOL


Anyway votes for this week:

1) Kagurabachi
2) Yozakura
3) Shinobigoto
4) One Piece
5) Ichi the Witch
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top