Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,443
Reaction score
39,323
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

1. No fights or personal insults.
2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of annoying or starting heated discussions, if i notice it, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comment will be deleted.
4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't relate about anime & manga outside the thread.
5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
7. No self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
8. Fanart posts just for the sake of posting is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post
9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
~ Shinuki


I hope everybody read these rules and follow it without problem, the comment will soon be sticked at the top of the thread to be visible in every page, so if any doubt about what to avoid doing, just check it, also if i feel like any new rule has to be added in the future, i will do. Thanks!

Obs: Rules about fanart edited!
 
Last edited:

Bulju

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2023
Messages
610
Reaction score
1,382
Age
29
Country
Argentina
All this talk made me curious as to why Panini hadn't announced KGB in Argentina yet, turns out I was so focused on Panini that I completely missed it being announced by Ivrea last month. I think the fact that another publisher managed to snatch it so quickly to where Panini couldn't get to it first, despite securing it everywhere else, really goes to show how popular it is here in latin america.

 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
A thing that is surprising me a little is the mild reactions Kagurabachi license is having in Spain at most, but maybe that's just me.

Dunno, between how the main spanish sites indifference (or even some "whatever, I don't like it") behavior regarding Kagurabachi, and the reactions in the chats of the streams and the main Twitter accounts I have the feeling that unlike the rest of the world, the manga isn't being so liked in Spain because almost everybody there just blindly believed the meme stuff and got blinded by both the very noisy fanbase and the very noisy haters the manga has too. Which is a shame tbh, I think a lot of them would actually love the manga if they gave it a chance to discover it.

Again, that's maybe just my perception and I can be wrong. If I recall, the same happened with Jujutsu Kaisen back then.
 
Last edited:

Tymano

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
285
Reaction score
329
Age
26
Country
United States
I quite liked BBBB, but I think the Dandadan OP is w/e aside from the art direction. Tbf, it's probably just bias on my part since I quite like Mashle and detest almost every bit of Dandadan, aside from the art and animation.



See, how you probably feel about EluSam is how I feel about Dandadan. I think Dandadan is awful source material made watchable by a great production. EluSam has been one of my favorites for a while, with the adaptation taking it to new heights for me. It's all taste, EluSam has a more narrow appeal is all.
Dandadan to me feels like a manga that has some fantastic and unique double spread pages but the plot is pretty barebones outside of trying to tie the really cool splash pages together, which makes it way easier to get into since you can post a really cool looking page on twitter removed from context and have people with no knowledge of the source material think it looks really cool. I think it's anime is pretty good at enhancing that but I think EluSam's adaptation does a better job at actually adapting a proper story and actually makes the more meh moments of the manga stand out way more as opposed to dandadan making the cool moments cooler and not doing quite as much with the stuff in-between.

OP wise I think Plan A is way better but I have a dish bias from when they did music for Gintama.
 

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
3,468
Country
United Nations
A thing that is surprising me a little is the mild reactions Kagurabachi license is having in Spain at most, but maybe that's just me.

Dunno, between how the main spanish sites indifference (or even some "whatever, I don't like it") behavior regarding Kagurabachi, and the reactions in the chats of the streams and the main Twitter accounts I have the feeling that unlike the rest of the world, the manga isn't being so liked in Spain because almost everybody there just blindly believed the meme stuff and got blinded by both the very noisy fanbase and the very noisy haters the manga has too. Which is a shame tbh, I think a lot of them would actually love the manga if they gave it a chance to discover it.

Again, that's maybe just my perception and I can be wrong. If I recall, the same happened with Jujutsu Kaisen back then.
Kagurabachi has incredibly annoying discourse around it, but I don't think you have to worry about its popularity anywhere among the not terminally online crowd. Most people don't follow tocs and sales to even be aware of it.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
What I love the most about Dandadan is its characters and their dynamics. The cast is just kind of perfect imo. I love how each new character is introduced as just a trash human, only to show the nuance to why they are the way they are and have us fall in love with them. I love how they often feel like real teenagers, expressing real raw adolescent emotions and reactions. I love how they interact with each other.

I love the plot stuff too, but I think you guys are being a bit too hard on Dandadan given how well written and fleshed out its main cast is.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And yeah, Kagurabachi's fanbase can be annoying, but the same can be said about literally every major Jump battle manga that blows up. Kagurabachi's fanbase is a farcry from the worst imo. Just enjoy the source material if you do, and ignore other peoples bullshit.
 

Hawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
706
Reaction score
1,909
Age
28
Country
Vandenreich
What I love the most about Dandadan is its characters and their dynamics. The cast is just kind of perfect imo. I love how each new character is introduced as just a trash human, only to show the nuance to why they are the way they are and have us fall in love with them. I love how they often feel like real teenagers, expressing real raw adolescent emotions and reactions. I love how they interact with each other.

I love the plot stuff too, but I think you guys are being a bit too hard on Dandadan given how well written and fleshed out its main cast is.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And yeah, Kagurabachi's fanbase can be annoying, but the same can be said about literally every major Jump battle manga that blows up. Kagurabachi's fanbase is a farcry from the worst imo. Just enjoy the source material if you do, and ignore other peoples bullshit.


yeah i'm very confused about the dandandan takes in this thread given how much love csm seems to receive, like ddd is a much more palatable version of what makes csm good


and we're lucky on the kagurabachi base being fairly chill compared to other shonen for now, getting constant Ws is definitely inflating community ego but i think having a figure like kagurabachi_brasil is actually so good for keeping people in line. alas, the inevitable anime will make this look terrible when all the mainstreamonly anime people come along — the price you pay for being a big jump flagship battle shonen title

(i seriously do wonder how bad people will be about sakamoto next month)
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
Not manga related but fuck this is sad.

I remember hearing about this earlier; very unfortunate, but for a main crew character like him it's good that this was a case of stepping down to retire rather than the VA dying and them needing to scramble to find a replacement. With how many One Piece VA's have died over the course of the show's run I think they've managed to get away with all of them being less recurring characters to the point that by the time the new voice actor premiered people were more easily able to get used to the new voice since they didn't hear the old one as much or for a while.

I imagine they chose now to do it since the anime's on it's first ever actual "break" of sorts, so a lot of viewers will be going 6 months without watching, and when they come back to Egghead in the anime Franky won't have recently been on their ear so it won't be as jarring.

Still, none of this changes the fact that he will be dearly missed and I'll be hard-pressed to imagine Franky's voice ever feeling the same again. I only hope that Oda finishes the story in a timeline such as allows Mayumi Tanaka to maintain her role as Luffy until the end, since his voice changing would be a massive shift for everyone.
 

Teennitro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
611
Reaction score
879
Age
30
Country
Fire Nation
Not manga related but fuck this is sad.

I remember I saw a recent picture of him and instantly knew this news was going to happen eventually. He will be missed
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
is it too late to adjust the new year predictions?

I completely forgot about the existence of Hitoner oneshot (that popular furry manga from Red Sprite/Iron Knight author) and only remembered it now

no way Jump won't serialize him in either WSJ or J+
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,465
Reaction score
3,840
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
-Anime by Cygames "announced"
Still can't believe that actually happened. The wait now for an actual announcement is going to be unbearable.
OP wise I think Plan A is way better but I have a dish bias from when they did music for Gintama.
I actually checked out a few of the Gintama OPs for the first time earlier yesterday and they're so good...
It's a series I've always wanted to start, but I hear it's super long and I wouldn't wanna give up halfway through.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
is it too late to adjust the new year predictions?

I completely forgot about the existence of Hitoner oneshot (that popular furry manga from Red Sprite/Iron Knight author) and only remembered it now

no way Jump won't serialize him in either WSJ or J+
Idk, Jump+ maybe. but I doubt WSJ proper given both of his serializations were bombs and got horrid reception. Red Sprite imo might be one of the worst Jump battle manga ever serialized. Just an amateur clusterfuck.
 

Crimson Trickster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2024
Messages
352
Reaction score
323
Age
26
Country
Fairy Tail
1. Nue's Exorcist 77
2. Syd Craft: Love is a Mystery 3
3. Undead Unluck 233
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,180
Reaction score
3,389
Age
26
Country
United States
1. Sakamoto Days
2. Kagurabachi
3. Akane-banashi
 

iker_03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
1,705
Reaction score
11,146
Age
22
Country
Spain
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (December 7)
1. My Hero Academia #42
3. Blue Box #18
4. Kagurabachi #5
11. The Elusive Samurai #18
16. Mission: Yozakura Family #27
28. Nue's Exorcist #7
36. Astro Royale #3
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
I quite liked BBBB, but I think the Dandadan OP is w/e aside from the art direction. Tbf, it's probably just bias on my part since I quite like Mashle and detest almost every bit of Dandadan, aside from the art and animation.



See, how you probably feel about EluSam is how I feel about Dandadan. I think Dandadan is awful source material made watchable by a great production. EluSam has been one of my favorites for a while, with the adaptation taking it to new heights for me. It's all taste, EluSam has a more narrow appeal is all.

Now I wanna know why u hate DDD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A thing that is surprising me a little is the mild reactions Kagurabachi license is having in Spain at most, but maybe that's just me.

Dunno, between how the main spanish sites indifference (or even some "whatever, I don't like it") behavior regarding Kagurabachi, and the reactions in the chats of the streams and the main Twitter accounts I have the feeling that unlike the rest of the world, the manga isn't being so liked in Spain because almost everybody there just blindly believed the meme stuff and got blinded by both the very noisy fanbase and the very noisy haters the manga has too. Which is a shame tbh, I think a lot of them would actually love the manga if they gave it a chance to discover it.

Again, that's maybe just my perception and I can be wrong. If I recall, the same happened with Jujutsu Kaisen back then.
Time will tell, especially when the anime arrives suddenly every espanolle kagu hater gonna act like they were fans since day 1
 

Zest00

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
401
Reaction score
766
Country
Gotei 13
1. Nue's Exorcist
2. Mission: Yozakura Family
3. Shinobi Undercover
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
Are we heading to the "Everyone MUST love Kagurabachi"?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top