Games Mafia Game 127 - Neon Genesis Omongelion - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
The sadist in me loves Evil’s cries of agony to such a large complicated game :evil
Mechanics, meschmanics, who cares. I'll just talk things through during the phase if needed and vote mafias out. Usually they are only relevant late game anyways
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That's the point, you wouldn't kill Banshee, so it's worthless to claim it as vanilla town unless you're going for something else. Is this about your multiple killing parties scenario? Scum trying to scare other scum?



I honestly don't follow, what reliable way would there be to confirm the non-game-deciding EVAs? Or even the game-deciding ones aside from 09?

D1: I'm going to bet 3 MHTs on EVA 02, whoever steals it from me is mafia!
D2: I didn't get EVA 02, now we know mafia must have it!

^ Would you simply believe me?
If mafia took EVA 02, how would we find them?



Isn't the idea that mafia are going to be careful about betting in direct oppositon to the plan of telling them outright how much and where everyone is betting?
What? No. Its just a Scum faking to scare scum by acting like a townie wanting to keep itself safe. Granted the BP role would be better for that, but killing roles have the same effect.

Thats where it comes down to how the MHT do work - do we bet high and get low level roles for short amount of time or do we bet low meaning if we get said Eva we have high level roles for quite some time of usage. That one is still not fully clear, I think, not just to me but also other players. If its high bid for getting a low lvl Eva it means this mechanic is a bad one for townie to bid on high, if it is high bid for getting a high lvl Eva aka you putting in your MHT like "fuel" for the Eva and you use the bid fuel up one by one, then its a good mechanic for townie as we are more numerous and can risk using high level Evas whereas Mafia can't as they wanna keep the Evas good for them for quite some time as they are limited in numbers.

Nah, it shows who shows interest in which Eva. The important ones we cant talk about ofc, would just put a target on the one everyone agrees to get it, after all. But the others we can talk about, once we know what bidding MHT and using Eva on remaining MHT means. Like say I bet 3 MHT on Eva 6 like Demon did - does it mean I get to a Eva at lvl 7 and it drops a lvl each day on the remaining 7 I got on me? Or does it mean I get a lvl 3 Eva and keep it at lvl 3 for the next seven days?
" The functionality of your Eva corresponds to your current MHT. The only role you can use or that is in effect is the one listed in the slot corresponding to your MHT. "
I just dont get this one, it feels so wrong to spend tons of MHT and get shit to show for it for like 1 night phase. It makes no sense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Using Eva 06 as an example, if you spend 9 of your 10 MHT on the unit, you'll have 1 left. The Eva power you get depends on how much MHT you have. Since you spent 9 of your 10, you have 1 left. That corresponds to "Banshee" for Eva 06. To get badass cowboy you could bid 1 coin, for example, and be left with 9.

So the highest bidder gets the machine, but the machine's powers depends on how much money you have left, so spend too much and you might get the machine but not enough use out of it
Ah shit, this is a bad system for us.... we can't make use of our numbers and thus of our larger pool compared to Mafia then...
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
This mechanics complete invalidates our usual day 1 hint talk, so it's just gonna be watching sus voters.

Baka and James ganging up on demon so early is quite interesting, but need to catch up properly in the morning. No MHT left to dig into that now
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,084
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hello !
It is important to note that I do NOT look like my avy. :hmph

Took me a while to understand the mechanics cause I'm pretty sure it's my first time playing a bidding based mech. With 19 players this is going to based on boldness and/or luck.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
What? No. Its just a Scum faking to scare scum by acting like a townie wanting to keep itself safe. Granted the BP role would be better for that, but killing roles have the same effect.
That's a pretty convoluted reasoning to justify an instavote after one post that kind of assumes everyone overanalyzed the setup and thinks the same as you, for example about mafia leaving killing roles alone (in this case, Avenger, not Banshee) because they don't care about getting killed. Just seems at odds with your idea of talking about who would express interest in the "minor" EVAs.


Thats where it comes down to how the MHT do work - do we bet high and get low level roles for short amount of time or do we bet low meaning if we get said Eva we have high level roles for quite some time of usage. That one is still not fully clear, I think, not just to me but also other players. If its high bid for getting a low lvl Eva it means this mechanic is a bad one for townie to bid on high, if it is high bid for getting a high lvl Eva aka you putting in your MHT like "fuel" for the Eva and you use the bid fuel up one by one, then its a good mechanic for townie as we are more numerous and can risk using high level Evas whereas Mafia can't as they wanna keep the Evas good for them for quite some time as they are limited in numbers.

Nah, it shows who shows interest in which Eva. The important ones we cant talk about ofc, would just put a target on the one everyone agrees to get it, after all. But the others we can talk about, once we know what bidding MHT and using Eva on remaining MHT means. Like say I bet 3 MHT on Eva 6 like Demon did - does it mean I get to a Eva at lvl 7 and it drops a lvl each day on the remaining 7 I got on me? Or does it mean I get a lvl 3 Eva and keep it at lvl 3 for the next seven days?
" The functionality of your Eva corresponds to your current MHT. The only role you can use or that is in effect is the one listed in the slot corresponding to your MHT. "
I just dont get this one, it feels so wrong to spend tons of MHT and get shit to show for it for like 1 night phase. It makes no sense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Ah shit, this is a bad system for us.... we can't make use of our numbers and thus of our larger pool compared to Mafia then...
Okay, so the tl;dr version is: the mafia aren't going to waste their limited chances to get a "major" EVA on "minor" EVAs, so if someone claims they bid on a minor EVA and the next day it's not on the list, that person is likely town. Is that correct?

The system about bets is fairly clear to me, by the way, either you gamble low so you can use the EVA lots of times, or you gamble high so you can only use it a few times before you're unfit to pilot a robot again. If you don't like the bottom roles, you gamble lower or go for another EVA.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,084
Gender
Female
Country
France
Low bids are most likely scum moves as town profits more from higher bids.
I don't think I agree with that. Bidding high could be a way for mafia to withhold important roles from town (even if just for a few nights). And by the time the EVA is back on the market town will have less MHT so less use of those roles.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Hello. I see the long mech, and 5 pages... Will try catch up in a bit.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,197
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
First and foremost, votekill Vandred :ttgl tbh, Van feels like town for now, but always distrust him, he can woo a whole town to side with him when mafia.

The avatars are very cute. I am wondering what to bid for or if I should bid at all, maybe better to leave roles for my compadres.

What do you want me to talk about for my first post? The weather? :lmao. I want a killing role yes, I rarely get these roles and Mafia can kill by default.
A-are you bloodthirsty, Sir?

btw I am still catching up and Gry had a nice bebe time at 2AM to 4 AM yesterday so I say his avatar is cute and fits :blush
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Farfalla @Copy Panda if you get the EVA 5 healing , does that mean you go over 10MHTs?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And can you actually choose which of the roles listed you get?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Just now I saw my avy has a plate of pancakes :awethank you, guys!
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
548
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
Mechanics, meschmanics, who cares. I'll just talk things through during the phase if needed and vote mafias out. Usually they are only relevant late game anyways
You sure you don't mean vote out Townies? 😂
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The less Townies there are, the more likely we will eventually remove all the Mafia.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

First and foremost, votekill Vandred :ttgl tbh, Van feels like town for now, but always distrust him, he can woo a whole town to side with him when mafia.

The avatars are very cute. I am wondering what to bid for or if I should bid at all, maybe better to leave roles for my compadres.



A-are you bloodthirsty, Sir?

btw I am still catching up and Gry had a nice bebe time at 2AM to 4 AM yesterday so I say his avatar is cute and fits :blush
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Farfalla @Copy Panda if you get the EVA 5 healing , does that mean you go over 10MHTs?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And can you actually choose which of the roles listed you get?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Just now I saw my avy has a plate of pancakes :awethank you, guys!
Personally when I think of "Pom" I think of Pom Bear Crisps
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I’m here, will change my avatar in a bit. Mech seems pretty interesting. Few mech questions @hosts

Is it possible to bid on multiple Evas concurrently ? Also just to clarify, do you bid on specific roles within each Eva or just the Eva itself? For example, do I bid 1MHT for Eva 01 or for Prost within Eva1? If the former, that also means winning the Eva 1 bid locks everyone else out of getting it? Also is there a way to gain MHT (besides transfers)
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
hmm i didn't see DD voted demon too

anyway i'll stick to my gut unless sth more clear surfaces.

eepy time, will be back before day ends since it's 18 hrs left XD
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Is it possible to bid on multiple Evas concurrently ?
Nope~

Also just to clarify, do you bid on specific roles within each Eva or just the Eva itself? For example, do I bid 1MHT for Eva 01 or for Prost within Eva1?
You bid on the Eva and get the role/perk according to the amount of MHT you possess.

If the former, that also means winning the Eva 1 bid locks everyone else out of getting it?
Yup.

Also is there a way to gain MHT (besides transfers)
What can be done is in the open, we have no hidden clause for MHT gain/loss.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
G'day cunts! What a lovely theme and I really like the use of AI for these avatars, they're all pretty fitting :XD

Demon looked a bit odd making that bid in the thread, the mech clearly stated bids need to be done via PM and I'm not sure if I would signal bidding intentions today just to be safe from giving mafia a good option for a kill 🤔
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Haven't read posts but mech I like, used all my bitcoins on bid.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,639
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Why is my baby here? He should be sleeping not playing.

Mech sounds simple enough, but if I bid like all my sanity for a mech D1 I‘m just force ejected immediately? The chips we use to get a mech are also what we power them with. Gotta spend as little as possible while bidding for one. Hm, will think about if we should try organizing something or not.
 

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
548
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
G'day cunts! What a lovely theme and I really like the use of AI for these avatars, they're all pretty fitting :XD

Demon looked a bit odd making that bid in the thread, the mech clearly stated bids need to be done via PM and I'm not sure if I would signal bidding intentions today just to be safe from giving mafia a good option for a kill 🤔
I don't really think his open Bid is Alignment Indicative, plus even if people discussed there bids here, we won't know if they are being truthful at the time they post the message, or if they change etc... so I think it doesn't matter too much.

Some people could say 1 thing and suggest a bid of y, but actually select something else and a bid of x.

It doesn't really matter, the goals the same, find Mafia, end the game.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top