Games Mafia Game 127 - Neon Genesis Omongelion - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,778
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Gotta say, I'm not sure I like the direction this day is heading in. Baka seems to be Baka but some people are taking that the wrong way and it looks like there's a case building for her which while I can see why people may be frustrated, I disagree with.

I see Gry, Van, Jinx, Erin, and Pigeon as town with most of those having reads/opinions that I agree with. Conversely, Misha and Tatsu have felt a bit fake to me and I dislike the inactivity of Desin, Brand, and James. Hopefully we can get more out of them and they can clear up some doubts I have.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I just find James activity strange that he was so much more active D1 to D2. Did he have anything going on irl? It’s like night and day difference so far.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,913
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Definitely a big difference, but the day isn't over yet so I'm sure we'll see him arrive at some point
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Votekill Baka. There’s basically only 1 or 2 other times someone has gotten under my skin this much with very flimsy reasoning and that was Gry as scum trying to lynch me. Literally getting irritated even responding and pointing out how inconsistent Baka is. Demon is also just as bad as well, however I can only vote one
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Very Fair Point regarding my original Scum/Mafia Leans, but nobody is perfect - not every read can be correct;

AnimePigeon Day 2 Reads (Not Ordered)
Town Leans

Crescent Jinx - Feels like the Consensus Town Leader currently,

Evil3ye - Get the feeling Evil3ye is reading the game thread closer than most, so I'm taking that to mean they are likely Town currently. Enjoying there engagements in the thread.

James Rye - Generally enjoys reading and discussing Mech with them, seems to be Pro Town,

Vandred - Just generally like their posts so far. Keep up the good work fellow Townie!,

SirSamuel016 - I find myself reading Samuel's posts and being in agreement with most of there comments. I've only recently decided that I feel Tatsumaki would be a valid vote, but prior to that, I was thinking very similarly to Samuel. Hoping that you are infact a Townie!,

Erinyes - Generally feels like a Townie Presence that I mistook for being a Mod with Copy

Null Reads

DigitalDude,

GrySun,

Brandish,

Marmalade,

Desin24 - Don't really see the point they tried to make about Demon Public Bidding, as I don't see that as being Alignment Indicative, Likely Paired/Same Alignment w/ Baka Taichou,

Demonspeed - Feels too easy of a MisLynch,

Holt - Feels too easy of a MisLynch, (yep same text twice)

Mafia Leans


Baka Taichou - Paired/Same Alignment w/ Desin24 (High Poster but feel iffy about them),

Desin24 - Don't really see the point they tried to make about Demon Public Bidding, as I don't see that as being Alignment Indicative, Likely Paired/Same Alignment w/ Baka Taichou - I can't see Desin/Baka being the Same Alignment as Demonspeed (Desin Low Low Poster, and just not seen any expansion or real takes progress from them),

AwkwardMisha - Starting to feel that 1 of AwkwardMisha/Tatsumaki has to be Mafia and the other just relatively low effort at the moment.

Tatsumaki - I still can't really feel comfortable with Tatsumaki's Seat and there really weak reasoning to Sus AwkwardMisha (Voting Someone for Low Posting and nothing else, when they had posted less at the time they made that observation of AwkwardMisha, feels incredibly wolfy from Tatsumaki)

On the Possibility of me being wrong on Tatsumaki, given they have already apparently lost MHT, I feel it would be better to invest time into other people/reads


Will further expand my views when/if I can get some time to myself.

Passed out tired earlier 😂 so lost track of what I was typing originally lmfao
I’ve liked your posts, not because I agree with the reasoning/reads at all but purely because of the commitment. However looking at this, it almost feels like generated messages. It’s like you said a lot without saying anything. That would be fine if this structure didn’t come off as having a ton to say. That said, it would be great if you can expand your views. Most of it feels like saying stuff just to say it
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I don’t want to formulate any opinions until James and Brandish appear.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It was because she locked Baka and left at a critical time that I found it highly suspicious, especially since it seemed a shift towards Baka was being propagated
Again, what about the lock was „presumptious“? Now you changed your reasoning in hindsight, making it sound the problem was she left after voting..?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Because it didn’t seem like there was enough for her to lock when she did, and this isn’t about her saying vote lock, the point stands with a switch. Baka was crashing out as well, and I didn’t have any reads on that alignment wise but it’s not accurate to say she was antagonizing Pom. Also, I put the second on Pom, same as she did for Baka, and unfortunate result but you can legitimately claim to see a fault due to hindsight and not acknowledge why it also felt strange for her to do that.
Why did it feel strange for her to do the vote? I still can‘t follow town Holt‘s reasoning on your vote, you‘re doing an awful job explaining yourself.
She was definitely being antagonized lmao, so you‘re also just not reading posts.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

she has a warped perception of reality
You already knew this before. But somehow that makes her town D1 but now scum D2? Absolutely nothing changed, just the target of her delusions, yet now she‘s not town Baka anymore?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France


Very Fair Point regarding my original Scum/Mafia Leans, but nobody is perfect - not every read can be correct;

AnimePigeon Day 2 Reads (Not Ordered)
Town Leans

Crescent Jinx - Feels like the Consensus Town Leader currently,

Evil3ye - Get the feeling Evil3ye is reading the game thread closer than most, so I'm taking that to mean they are likely Town currently. Enjoying there engagements in the thread.

James Rye - Generally enjoys reading and discussing Mech with them, seems to be Pro Town,

Vandred - Just generally like their posts so far. Keep up the good work fellow Townie!,

SirSamuel016 - I find myself reading Samuel's posts and being in agreement with most of there comments. I've only recently decided that I feel Tatsumaki would be a valid vote, but prior to that, I was thinking very similarly to Samuel. Hoping that you are infact a Townie!,

Erinyes - Generally feels like a Townie Presence that I mistook for being a Mod with Copy

Null Reads

DigitalDude,

GrySun,

Brandish,

Marmalade,

Desin24 - Don't really see the point they tried to make about Demon Public Bidding, as I don't see that as being Alignment Indicative, Likely Paired/Same Alignment w/ Baka Taichou,

Demonspeed - Feels too easy of a MisLynch,

Holt - Feels too easy of a MisLynch, (yep same text twice)

Mafia Leans


Baka Taichou - Paired/Same Alignment w/ Desin24 (High Poster but feel iffy about them),

Desin24 - Don't really see the point they tried to make about Demon Public Bidding, as I don't see that as being Alignment Indicative, Likely Paired/Same Alignment w/ Baka Taichou - I can't see Desin/Baka being the Same Alignment as Demonspeed (Desin Low Low Poster, and just not seen any expansion or real takes progress from them),

AwkwardMisha - Starting to feel that 1 of AwkwardMisha/Tatsumaki has to be Mafia and the other just relatively low effort at the moment.

Tatsumaki - I still can't really feel comfortable with Tatsumaki's Seat and there really weak reasoning to Sus AwkwardMisha (Voting Someone for Low Posting and nothing else, when they had posted less at the time they made that observation of AwkwardMisha, feels incredibly wolfy from Tatsumaki)

On the Possibility of me being wrong on Tatsumaki, given they have already apparently lost MHT, I feel it would be better to invest time into other people/reads


Will further expand my views when/if I can get some time to myself.

Passed out tired earlier 😂 so lost track of what I was typing originally lmfao
VoteKill! Desin
I am not sure I understand. You have people in Town Lean-Null-Mafia Lean but you vote for someone in Null?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Back for a bit and will chat but haven't read this day yet, will definitely be more active in the later part of the phase

@Baka Taichou @AwkwardMisha @Evil3ye @Brandish μ sorry if I missed the info what did you bid on ? did you get a role ?
Hmm maybe, maybe not. But I will say this for sure:

Wait

@Brandish μ you didn’t take Eva 09???!! :handgun
The mason Eva? Lmao I'm sure you know I despise MR and masons. I have feats of getting MR and refusing use. And Jesus is an awful role too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Didn't see the pom train in its glory I guess my vibe read on her two posts at the time was a bad move but I see Holt's vote fairly questionable when it didn't seem he was onto her but maybe he felt the vibe similarly (of pompom) hence the vote. Would he call this type of attention to himself as mafia? Idk. Evil also locked late on pompom without obviously saving but could it be a subtle save? I do recall him sussing pom tho so there's that.

Did trust these two but might need a rethink there.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Someone must really need Jesus to outbid you cres
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Someone must really need Jesus to outbid you cres
Yea makes me wonder if it was town or mafia. I thought you might have been playing messy on the sly and took it from me. Not so much for the role. You more of the revenge type with lawl and demon :cop
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yea makes me wonder if it was town or mafia. I thought you might have been playing messy on the sly and took it from me. Not so much for the role. You more of the revenge type with lawl and demon :cop
Probs someone who thought they would be lynched went for the big bid to be Jesus, is my guess.

Yes I am (person, maybe or maybe not Eva), after you and demon surveyed people's top 3 roles when hosting you should know preferences :heh
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,778
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Starting to find Pigeon and Sam more suspicious. Sam feels different from his usual self.
Are you actually going to put some effort in or are you just going to keep offering sweet nothings in an attempt to look like you're contributive and not worth pursuing today?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
Are you actually going to put some effort in or are you just going to keep offering sweet nothings in an attempt to look like you're contributive and not worth pursuing today?
What do you want to know? I don't I already talked about the ones I suspect the most and I am following the game. This is just something which came to mind while I was catching up.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I‘m surprised so few town seem to have gotten mechs. Even Demon who „really wanted a killing role“, spent pennies on his bid. I didnt wanna say this D1 but best move for mafia is to just spend a big chunk, 6 or 7, on each mech, and thus deprive town of roles for pretty much the whole game. And maybe they did, which would put some brain person like Vandred as part of mafia.

I can’t understand the optimism, or lack of thought, of people doing low bids of 3 points or so, expecting to live and use a mech for 6+ days. The game is a bit larger than usual, but first 3-4 days are still always the crucial ones. Town generally being a mislynch away from losing on day 4/5.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

EVA talk - it‘s a bit long

Imo mafia should‘ve gone for grabs on parry, inquiry, healing, scout and theft, but fortunately they had no day pad so they couldn‘t coordinate. Still, those 5 are very tasty mechs for scum so I made sure to take away Parry.

  • Parry type is on me, I bid a large chunk so I can milk the protection for a few phases, lose the mech and prostitute mid/endgame on someone would work wonders. Or get my mind healed by healing type mech right before I get booted, but that‘s less likely.

  • Inquiry type is most likely in mafia hands. Just spend 7 or 8 points and town essentially will never have a Det the whole game, as even if it frees up somewhen later, needing 2 investigations to even determine sanity(and even that‘s unlikely) makes this mech a lost cause if mafia did their homework.
    Same applies to scrying type but to a lesser extent, as Spy is gonna be infinitely useful any stage of the game. But mafia with high mind, or lowballer towns bidding pennies, can prevent it from ever reaching town hands.

  • Democratic type is unpicked. While sickly and noble are super useful for both town and mafia, the risk of eventually dropping down to Freeman/Burden likely means this is best left alone forever?

  • Healing type is on Sam. Idk how much he bet to get it, but mafia likely has some idea of it, if this was one of the mechs they aimed for.

  • Revenge was on Lawl, if he was a smart cookie he‘d have bet a lot for Banshee and tag someone he will kill. Remember, his kill happens at the end of this day. So if he did do the play, we will find out alongside today‘s lynch.

  • Scout is maybe the most underrated and best mech for town by far. Finding an eva and finding the mind score is equal in terms of info, and can find mafia very easily if you have good hunches. Provided mafia has at least some mechs, which they likely do. + the existence of this mech means mafia can‘t easily lie. Like someone finding out Sam‘s score being low means he‘s mafia, just as an example. Since he then lied about going for Doctor. But just an example, I am like 85% leaning on town Sam, because just not talking about having the mech is by far superior to what he did, for a mafia.

  • Theft type is scary. Smart mafia could forcefully grab any mech they want, nullifying any advantage I had from getting Parry. On second thought, I should‘ve just never said anything. Maybe Demon is asking everyone if they have a mech so he knows from where to steal one. Tatsu claimed having been mind-stolen from. Not sure if that places the mech in town or mafia hands, given Tatsu was decently distrusted D1, but if the stolen mind goes directly to them, they for sure have a mech theft available this night. RIP my mech.

  • Cult type is very useful for the vanilla game Mason grouping, but given that 2 vocal players(cres and dd) report not getting it, they likely got outbid by a mafia who will have a Jesus shield just in case they are lynched, and if they aren‘t they still prevented town from 2-3 nights worth of mason recruiting.

Key takeaway is we are cooked, next night the theft type owner can yank my mech or Sam‘s. Poor decision making on our parts.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Starting to find Pigeon and Sam more suspicious. Sam feels different from his usual self.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Crescent Jinx How much did you bid?
sam holt and evil
--- Double Post Merged, ---

ok I am tired of bull so not gonna reply to anymore of it. have a nice day lynching me if you want.

case is building itself what a load of 💩
--- Double Post Merged, ---

i meant sam holt and evil besides pidgeon, pidgeon's post was off 10000x% yday
--- Double Post Merged, ---

and by yday i mean last night irl day not game day

so those of you who keep searching for needles in my haystack comprehend.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
I‘m surprised so few town seem to have gotten mechs. Even Demon who „really wanted a killing role“, spent pennies on his bid. I didnt wanna say this D1 but best move for mafia is to just spend a big chunk, 6 or 7, on each mech, and thus deprive town of roles for pretty much the whole game. And maybe they did, which would put some brain person like Vandred as part of mafia.

I can’t understand the optimism, or lack of thought, of people doing low bids of 3 points or so, expecting to live and use a mech for 6+ days. The game is a bit larger than usual, but first 3-4 days are still always the crucial ones. Town generally being a mislynch away from losing on day 4/5.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

EVA talk - it‘s a bit long

Imo mafia should‘ve gone for grabs on parry, inquiry, healing, scout and theft, but fortunately they had no day pad so they couldn‘t coordinate. Still, those 5 are very tasty mechs for scum so I made sure to take away Parry.

  • Parry type is on me, I bid a large chunk so I can milk the protection for a few phases, lose the mech and prostitute mid/endgame on someone would work wonders. Or get my mind healed by healing type mech right before I get booted, but that‘s less likely.

  • Inquiry type is most likely in mafia hands. Just spend 7 or 8 points and town essentially will never have a Det the whole game, as even if it frees up somewhen later, needing 2 investigations to even determine sanity(and even that‘s unlikely) makes this mech a lost cause if mafia did their homework.
    Same applies to scrying type but to a lesser extent, as Spy is gonna be infinitely useful any stage of the game. But mafia with high mind, or lowballer towns bidding pennies, can prevent it from ever reaching town hands.

  • Democratic type is unpicked. While sickly and noble are super useful for both town and mafia, the risk of eventually dropping down to Freeman/Burden likely means this is best left alone forever?

  • Healing type is on Sam. Idk how much he bet to get it, but mafia likely has some idea of it, if this was one of the mechs they aimed for.

  • Revenge was on Lawl, if he was a smart cookie he‘d have bet a lot for Banshee and tag someone he will kill. Remember, his kill happens at the end of this day. So if he did do the play, we will find out alongside today‘s lynch.

  • Scout is maybe the most underrated and best mech for town by far. Finding an eva and finding the mind score is equal in terms of info, and can find mafia very easily if you have good hunches. Provided mafia has at least some mechs, which they likely do. + the existence of this mech means mafia can‘t easily lie. Like someone finding out Sam‘s score being low means he‘s mafia, just as an example. Since he then lied about going for Doctor. But just an example, I am like 85% leaning on town Sam, because just not talking about having the mech is by far superior to what he did, for a mafia.

  • Theft type is scary. Smart mafia could forcefully grab any mech they want, nullifying any advantage I had from getting Parry. On second thought, I should‘ve just never said anything. Maybe Demon is asking everyone if they have a mech so he knows from where to steal one. Tatsu claimed having been mind-stolen from. Not sure if that places the mech in town or mafia hands, given Tatsu was decently distrusted D1, but if the stolen mind goes directly to them, they for sure have a mech theft available this night. RIP my mech.

  • Cult type is very useful for the vanilla game Mason grouping, but given that 2 vocal players(cres and dd) report not getting it, they likely got outbid by a mafia who will have a Jesus shield just in case they are lynched, and if they aren‘t they still prevented town from 2-3 nights worth of mason recruiting.

Key takeaway is we are cooked, next night the theft type owner can yank my mech or Sam‘s. Poor decision making on our parts.
Is there a way for you to know if/when a mech gets stolen? I made a rather high bid and still lost so I am quite surprised.

Some thoughts:

Been a while since I played so judgment may be clouded.

Baka

Not particularly suspicious as she kind of behaves like always? Easy target to get a train started.

Sam

Like a I remember his townie self.

Evil

Pushing forward since early on which is usually a good sign.

Gry

Initially had a bad read on him. Seemed rather confrontational so not sure.

Gotta head to work and will continue once I arrive there
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top