Games Mafia Game 127 - Neon Genesis Omongelion - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
Okay,
I think you wrote the same thing to me somewhen this day and I forgot to respond, but no thats not logical at all. Tell me, how do you think strangers play this game? Or new players in a new forum, with new people?

Very few things are related to how you know a person. For example, some things you notice are habits and can exclude them from your judgement, whereas for someone you dont know that thing would look like a mafia/town tell.

And yes, there is a whole psychology/behavior attached to these social games. Alignment indicative actions and behaviors. Who tunnels on what, who conveniently leaves out certain people or situations from their thoughts and arguments.

And aside from all that, vibes are also a thing yes. Much more meaningful when playing IRL than via text, but people are usually not master liars. They write different when they know they are right, than when they know the person they are talking to is right. Confidence can also be gleaned from behavior and interactions, some are better BS peddlers than others.
I actually agree with most of your argument, and I would have supported it entirely if I were a fresh player with no prior game experience.

As I’ve already stated, my reasoning for suspecting you on Day 1 was based on the information I had at the time. For me, that reasoning was just as valid as yours, and as valid as relying on “vibes” to claim my messages are crafted.

What’s even more confusing is how you can confidently assess my messages as “crafted” if you and others don’t even remember my gameplay style. That for me doesn’t add up entirely

Right now, there isn’t much for the town to work with. We don’t have solid roles to rely on, and even the mechanics that should help validate town members feel unreliable. For example, the mason recruiter role could easily be manipulated by the mafia as a ploy to validate each other

Yes, my suspicions were based yesterday on the information I had at hand, but that doesn’t mean I’m locked onto you for the rest of the game. I’m still looking in all directions, and my Day 1 assessment doesn’t define my entire gameplay moving forward
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Of you other many people, especially those in my black list and the towns in orange(if there are any), you can‘t all be mafia even if many of you are trying hard to cosplay as one. Pick up the slack a bit please.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
i have 2 votes on me, you can vote me back I won't be upset.

but it was a weird bug I deleted that and quoted the next msg to reply and then it reappeared when i pressed reply. So, can't take it back. I don't think you should be lynched at least not today, but meh, i don't decided the lynch there's 16 other ppl.
Do yourself a favour and stop pretending like you wouldn't have voted me anyways.

You didnt give examples, all you did was argue in bad faith while saying I am arguing in bad faith. Just circular BS. The most mafia thing I did was go after you, so you‘re trying to appear strong and town Evil like by attributing me going on you as a mafia move. When I could easily just not do that, or do it in a softer way. So yeah, ignore and dont tell yourself that it‘s a genuine town seeing you as scum and playing as such.
When you engaged me in the pom-lynch aftermath I gave you all my thoughts and provided evidence that she was on my mind already before. Those you disregarded and invalidated, but I guess that it was so clear to you she was a town might not be so clear for some other, so congratz on reading her town best. Everything else was just throwing dirt on me like that I am scheming with Baka to use as my pawn or something. Well that went well, didn't in.

And you compare this to last game, I really lack time to dive into the archives of mafia now, but it doesn't matter as this example would be just an other invalid parable and clearly this mechanic with 50% being vanilla has not the same application as last game in terms of reveal. You tried to to phish out some information for your night kills, and got gullible sam, who will now do his best to protect you or something, so congratz, I guess. Good town play.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
What’s even more confusing is how you can confidently assess my messages as “crafted” if you and others don’t even remember my gameplay style. That for me doesn’t add up entirely
Hm how to best describe it. You know how there‘s tons of scams online, or phonecall scams etc, that old people often fall for but I‘m sure you would see red flags and notice it‘s a scam, even without prior experience about how the scam works? It‘s like that. Things that look odd but you can‘t quite place it. In my big post where I touch upon every player I go a bit more in detail what bothered me, since I had time to look at your posts more.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
When you engaged me in the pom-lynch aftermath I gave you all my thoughts and provided evidence that she was on my mind already before. Those you disregarded and invalidated, but I guess that it was so clear to you she was a town might not be so clear for some other, so congratz on reading her town best. Everything else was just throwing dirt on me like that I am scheming with Baka to use as my pawn or something. Well that went well, didn't in.
You provided only the bare minimum, I had to do follow up questions several times to get you to tell more. I disregarded and invalidated them because they don‘t hold up under scrutiny.

And no, Pom being town wasn‘t „so clear to me“. My main bother has all along been the reasons for your vote, and of Holt. I kinda got pissed seeing Holt describe her votelock as „presumptuous“, voting and leaving for the day. And am still flabbergasted by it. You were also insistent on it meaning something, which is easy to shrug off as a bad read but doesn‘t come across as genuine.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

2h left till day end

Pilots that still gotta vote: @Vandred @Marmalade @AwkwardMisha @SirSamuel016 @Demonspeed @desin24 @Crescent Jinx @Brandish μ @James Rye @Tatsumaki

Little miss sunshines that didn't provide us with enough of their presence (3 posts): @James Rye @Brandish μ @desin24​
Wow thats a lot of missing votes.
 

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
Hm how to best describe it. You know how there‘s tons of scams online, or phonecall scams etc, that old people often fall for but I‘m sure you would see red flags and notice it‘s a scam, even without prior experience about how the scam works? It‘s like that. Things that look odd but you can‘t quite place it. In my big post where I touch upon every player I go a bit more in detail what bothered me, since I had time to look at your posts more.
Ahahahaahahah, well, you actually made me laugh

maybe one of those so called scam emails are real

Imagine missing out on helping a prince who will leave you a fortune, just because you thought it was fake
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ahahahaahahah, well, you actually made me laugh

maybe one of those so called scam emails are real

Imagine missing out on helping a prince who will leave you a fortune, just because you thought it was fake
All the money young me didn‘t get to collect from being the 10.000th visitor of any random webpage in 2000s internet days 😔
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
You were also insistent on it meaning something, which is easy to shrug off as a bad read but doesn‘t come across as genuine.
It was a late phase when you discussed to vote out Baka and she changed there, which I felt untypicall and I saw Holt felt the same, whose judgement I trusted bit more than some others. I took it as affirmation that her behaviour was off not to me only and went with the vote. That sentiment on pom wasn't met by others though and the lynch was a four-way tie and two-locked ties in the end. Obviously I was wrong about pom, but tunneling on that when she even died on a coin flip, just beyond.

Why did you reveal your Eva?

Did evil say if he had an Eva or spent some $?
No one should ever say what they have, unless they come with Det results.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,085
Gender
Female
Country
France
Votekill Desin

As of now I read both Evil and Baka as town so I'm against their lynch.
Tho it pains me to vote with Pigeon whose posts and reads on people I don't often agree with.
James would be another good option imo but he has not appeared at all today yet so will hold off for now.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It was a late phase when you discussed to vote out Baka and she changed there, which I felt untypicall and I saw Holt felt the same, whose judgement I trusted bit more than some others. I took it as affirmation that her behaviour was off not to me only and went with the vote. That sentiment on pom wasn't met by others though and the lynch was a four-way tie and two-locked ties in the end. Obviously I was wrong about pom, but tunneling on that when she even died on a coin flip, just beyond.

Why did you reveal your Eva?

No one should ever say what they have, unless they come with Det results.
Yea but people have said how much they have bet or if they lost the bet to someone. Also you have a votelock on you and the current lynch is all over the place. Gry has a mech. I kind of feel like you two need to fight it out like in a lynch so I kind of want to vote Gry to push him up or you two need to drop it on each other. But I would prefer you guys to spend more energy on things like Holt, Marma, DD, James, Sam, Van. Especially Doctor Sam. Gry is making alot of lists on various people. Tunneling on Misha a bit. Idk it’s sucking a lot of air out od the room
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It was a late phase when you discussed to vote out Baka and she changed there, which I felt untypicall and I saw Holt felt the same, whose judgement I trusted bit more than some others. I took it as affirmation that her behaviour was off not to me only and went with the vote. That sentiment on pom wasn't met by others though and the lynch was a four-way tie and two-locked ties in the end. Obviously I was wrong about pom, but tunneling on that when she even died on a coin flip, just beyond.

Why did you reveal your Eva?
Can you go more into what was untypical? She hasn‘t played in a while so I doubt you know how she acts, but most people tend to vote before going to bed if they‘ll miss the end of phase. Like I said, her Van vote is always a cute placeholder so it‘d be a lot more weird if she kept it there and I‘d find it suspect.
As for why Baka specifically, could be because of my words at the time, could be because Baka antagonized her, either way I hate that 3 votes lynch D1 is even a thing.

Why is her dying via cointoss relevant?

I always tend to reveal my hand earlier than later. If anything as scum I hide as much as possible and delay claims. And specifically I believe it‘s useful to track the machines if possible. Not like mafia can interfere too much, as the mechs keep going back to being pickable and there‘s 0 downtime. + I can afford to claim and not be instakilled for it.
Sam claiming was not expected, as unlike me he has no in built protection which allows for a transparency claim in the first place.

That said, N1 I blocked Holt. Not sure if that‘s relevant or not, someone mentioned Mentor so we‘ll see.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Again, what about the lock was „presumptious“? Now you changed your reasoning in hindsight, making it sound the problem was she left after voting..?

Why did it feel strange for her to do the vote? I still can‘t follow town Holt‘s reasoning on your vote, you‘re doing an awful job explaining yourself.
She was definitely being antagonized lmao, so you‘re also just not reading posts.
I have explained my point a couple times across other posts but, locking on Baka then and leaving seemed very intentional (which it clearly was), however I didn’t feel it was justified at the time. Iirc it was Demon (3) and James (2) at the time, so putting Baka 2 was significant, and this had more weight because it was a locked vote.

That was a typo, I meant to say Baka wasn’t only antagonizing Pom, she was going at a couple of people, and worse even tagged some (including you) to vote her.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yea but people have said how much they have bet or if they lost the bet to someone. Also you have a votelock on you and the current lynch is all over the place. Gry has a mech. I kind of feel like you two need to fight it out like in a lynch so I kind of want to vote Gry to push him up or you two need to drop it on each other. But I would prefer you guys to spend more energy on things like Holt, Marma, DD, James, Sam, Van. Especially Doctor Sam. Gry is making alot of lists on various people. Tunneling on Misha a bit. Idk it’s sucking a lot of air out od the room
Feel free to be the change you want to see in the world. Go spend energy on specific people. You yourself were all over the place with your thoughts today.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,085
Gender
Female
Country
France
But I would prefer you guys to spend more energy on things like Holt, Marma, DD, James, Sam, Van.
Can you tell a bit more on why you suspect these players ? Except for Sam maybe that one is obvious.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I have explained my point a couple times across other posts but, locking on Baka then and leaving seemed very intentional (which it clearly was), however I didn’t feel it was justified at the time. Iirc it was Demon (3) and James (2) at the time, so putting Baka 2 was significant, and this had more weight because it was a locked vote.

That was a typo, I meant to say Baka wasn’t only antagonizing Pom, she was going at a couple of people, and worse even tagged some (including you) to vote her.
So you voting Pom and leaving, does that also seem intentional?

Elaborate more on why at the time it was not justified. You mean the time she voted, or the person she voted? If the former, is it better to vote with 20 seconds to go like Demon? If the latter, were the only legal people to vote for, according to you, Demon and James? Or people with 0 votes? What happened to being able to vote for a person you want lynched?

Just trying to follow your thoughts to the roots.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,913
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Some thoughts on a handful of players for now, will need to reread on the missing players

Probably town:
Erin - its not that she’s been a player that stands out to me a lot, but comes across as generally calm and collected. Shares thoughts, even saw a list.
Van - Has making some good points, come across as relatively open with them he’s giving me a green feeling for now.
Gry - has felt town from the start to be honest, they way he’s been engaging with players today hasnt changed that feeling.

Neutralish
Sam - Im not used to Sam being so proper in game, but it’s not the people pleasing he sometimes does as mafia, so not too bothered about it. I can see his reasoning for wanting to share his EVA too, but he’s not fully convinced me he’s green yet
Misha - Apart from her exchanges with Gry and now Sam comes across as rather disconnected to me - its not necessarily the things thats said alone but the way its presented too. Its kind of giving “this is todays news”

Maybe maybe scummish;
Evil - Comes across as relatively calm, feels like the Baka-situation is something to very easily hide behind/distract others with.
Holt - Not used to him talking so much so early! But not mad about that actually, its the way the end of d1 went down that makes me unsure about him.


Could be scum.
James - I still believe he’s mafia and I wish he was here to explore that thought further. Nothing more to add.
Demon - also no changed feelings here, was thinking back some old games which makes me keep him here.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I don't think storming off and refusing to engage with the game is a very good move tbh. It's fair to be a bit frustrated but that's why you should push through and approach other parts of the game with a level head instead of just storming off.
If she lives to D3, she will deny that she stormed off and will claim she was just fine. This behavior is very similar to yesterday and how she retconned today so I don’t think you need to bother
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top