Discussion Manga Club - Collective Reading- #06 - Round End

Vote for the manga/manhwa you wish to read in the collective reading club !

  • Bibliomania by Orval

    Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Dogsred by Noda Satoru

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Ikoku Nikki /Journal with Witch

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Kakukaku Shikajika /Blank Canva: My So-Called Artist's Journey

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Login Murim

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • O-Parts Hunter / 666 Satan

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Overgeared

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Toshokan no Daimajutsushi/Magus of the Library

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Yankee-kun to Hakujou Girl/Love's in Sight

    Votes: 3 27.3%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall

₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ Welcome to MH Manga Club ! ₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧





​



What is the Manga Club?


This is a place for collective manga reading, where we occasionally select series to read and discuss together. The main goal is to introduce hidden gems, series that we think, deserve more love but aren’t widely known. If you love discovering and sharing underrated manga, this is the place for you !



How does It Work ?

  • Anyone can join ! Just comment here, and you’ll be added. You don’t have to suggest a series to participate, If you wish, you can simply read and discuss with the group.
  • Suggestions can include manhwa, manhua, completed series, ongoing ones, and one-shots.
  • Each cycle follows four phases: suggestion hase , voting phase, reading phase , and sharing/discussing phase (see details below).
  • Try to avoid suggesting manga that already have active discussion threads. Ideally it's better to avoid already widely discussed manga, though if one is suggested, we’ll decide whether to include it or ask for a different pick. Because some threads are created, but have close to no discussion,
  • We read at least the first volume. You can read further, but if discussing past the first volume, use spoiler tags until the third week of the reading phase.
  • Encourage discussion ! When suggesting a manga, you can share a short message about why you picked it. This helps others decide during the voting phase !



Rotation Schedule
Each round follows a 6 weeks cycle.



Calendar

​
  • 1st Week: Suggesting (Feb 14 - Feb 22)
    Members suggest one series each. If your pick wasn’t selected last month, you can either re-suggest it or choose a new one.​
  • 2nd Week: Selecting (Feb 23 - March 2)
    A poll with all suggested series will be posted. Short descriptions will be pinned to help with selection.​
  • 3rd - 4th Week: Reading & Sharing (March 2 - March 16)
    Members have the rest of the month to read at their own pace and share thoughts. Spoiler tags are required until the third week ends.​







Participants :


-Asako
- Brandish
-Copy panda
- Demonspeed
- Erin
- Farfalla
- HereNThere
- Juviii
-Kira
- Rikudou King
- Tatsumaki



Reading Selection :

- Bibliomania by Orval Link
- Dogsred by Noda Satoru -> Mal
- Ikoku Nikki from Tomoko Yamashita -> Mal
- Kakukaku Shikajika - Blank Canva: My So-Called Artist's Journey -> Mal
- Login Murim by Jang Cheol-Byuk & Zerobic -> Mal
-O-Parts Hunter / 666 Satan by Kishimoto Seishi Mal
-Overgeared by Park Saenal & Yoon Jun ->Mal
- Toshokan no Daimajutsushi/Magus of the Library -> Mal
-Yankee-kun to Hakujou Girl/Love's in Sight by Uoyama -> Mal





​



​
 
Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Ok, so i hesitated, initially, I planned to nominate Hirayasumi, at 1st , it's such a great and underrated Sol. It does have a thread, however with almost 0 discussion. But I will save it for next time, I just thought of an other pick, a manga that really moves me a lot, one of the best and so underrated, I have ever read, and I promised to make @z.5 cry & laugh, :teehee so I guess It's the best time for him and for those who don't know that little gem, to read it. And it has no thread so it's perfect.


Kakukaku Shikajika (Blank Canva: My So-Called Artist's Journey) by Akiko Higashimura


Genre : Josei, Slice of life, Drama,Memoir
Quoting me in top10 Slice of life :
Where to begin? This is one of my all-time favorite manga, a true gem (ranked equal to HxH but different style, so it is not comparable). Firstly, it's the author's autobiography, a masterpiece that brilliantly combines funny, cozy, and heartfelt moments. It's written with such honesty and authenticity and without any filter. So many scenes are relatable ( at least to me). I know I recommended it so many times and that people probably are not interested because of the format (autobiography), but trust me guys, it's one of the best manga I have ever read ! "
~Erin'
It's only 5 volumes.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sounds fun!

My initial instinct is to go with a classic like Zatch Bell or Claymore, but I already did a reread of the former late last years and the latter had a rather large discussion thread in it's heyday.

I guess I should I plumb the depths of obscurity to find something else. Crazy because I read new shit almost every day and don't keep a list.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Oh I just remember some other manga Id love to pick, but that would be for other rounds I guess

Sounds fun!

My initial instinct is to go with a classic like Zatch Bell or Claymore, but I already did a reread of the former late last years and the latter had a rather large discussion thread in it's heyday.

I guess I should I plumb the depths of obscurity to find something else. Crazy because I read new shit almost every day and don't keep a list.
I added you as joining.



If you are interested too, we can do the same with anime watching, next time, it would be basically the same : you select one of your favorite underrated anime, voting phase and watching/discussing. If you like the idea we can do that later.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I nominate Fairy Tail:confetti


Overgeared by Park Saenal & Yoon Jun



-------------------------------------

Murim Login by Jang Cheol-Byuk & Zerobic
Awesome !

I added your selections on Op post, too. Normally it's 1 selection, but I don't mind up to 2 as I believe, there won't be a lot of participants. I am considering too, to add another, I'm waiting 1st to see how many mangas will be selected. I have so many in my mind lmao.


Also guys tell me if you d like something similar with animes, if so I might start one round in a couple of months likely May.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Awesome !

I added your selections on Op post, too. Normally it's 1 selection, but I don't mind up to 2 as I believe, there won't be a lot of participants. I am considering too, to add another, I'm waiting 1st to see how many mangas will be selected. I have so many in my mind lmao.


Also guys tell me if you d like something similar with animes, if so I might start one round in a couple of months likely May.
Is this how you finally end up watching Uchouten Kazoku! :o
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,640
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll nominate Bibliomania, by Orval. A short series with an weird story, but the art is really nice.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Alright, I think I have the two I'll suggest. At the very least, they'll be placeholders should I change my mind.

My first suggestion, I think, will be fun. A lot of us came up with Naruto. Hell, I imagine it was a lot of folks first manga. So I was thinking that we should take a look at it's literal twin series O-Parts Hunter aka 666 Satan. Written by the other Kishimoto (Naruto's creators brother), this shares a lot of similarities with Naruto, but at the same time, does it's own thing very well. Dare I say, some elements were handled a bit better than Naruto's in hindsight. Then again, I have not reread the series in a while, so, we'll see. At the very least, we could have some good compare and contrast discussions.

My second suggestion is something I recommended in the Good Vibes Tourney we had a while back. Love's in Sight. A nice little well written romance about a seeming delinquent and his growing relationship with a blind girl. Just a nice wholesome little read that can add a bit of light to reader's day I hope.

Also under consideration, Hardcore Leveling Warrior, Claymore, and 100 Girlfriends Who Really^5 Love You. But I think I'll actually stick with the above two now I that I wrote my reasonings out. I really love those three series though, so even if we don't discuss them, I urge other's to check them out. Well, given that this is a club, I imagine we'll get to them sooner or later anyhow.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Its hard to decide, but my last pick would be Ikoku Nikki from Tomoko Yamashita, it's another gem, It's dealing mainly about relationships (family, etc) communication, hurting, being hurt, and growing. It will be getting an anime btw, Asap.



Josei, Drama Slice of life





And of course, for some reasons, I picked another series where one of the Mc is a writer, :grumble Same goes for Hirayasumi, I almost picked, but leaving this for next time.

we must revive our MH watch parties, we can take your ghibliginity then
We can do that when we introduce the anime version of this , Anime club, collective watching ?I might try something like this in a couple of months ?
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,535
Reaction score
21,771
Gender
Female
Country
China
Its hard to decide, but my last pick would be Ikoku Nikki from Tomoko Yamashita, it's another gem, It's dealing mainly about relationships (family, etc) communication, hurting, being hurt, and growing. It will be getting an anime btw, Asap.



Josei, Drama Slice of life





And of course, for some reasons, I picked another series where one of the Mc is a writer, :grumble Same goes for Hirayasumi, I almost picked, but leaving this for next time.



We can do that when we introduce the anime version of this , Anime club, collective watching ?I might try something like this in a couple of months ?
we can watch odd taxi!
 
Top