Agreed, I mean I don‘t picture her discarding her Oden personality anytime soon, but I think she has her own idea of being Oden and I figure she‘s not trying to exactly copy every detail of his adventures. IMO it‘s more of a vague dream, be like Oden, discover the vast world after being “chained“(in Yamato‘s case literally) to Wano for most of his / her life.
She doesn't have to discard her entire personality, yeah. At the end of the day, Yamato grew up forced to be surrounded by militarized people with a military-minded dad who even fought with her repeatedly. So it's no surprise she's pretty tomboyish, playful, and rough the way she is when combined with being influenced by Oden's easygoing, fun persona.
It's less about dropping her personality and more about not having to copy everything Oden did. I understand that Yamato went as far as copying Oden as much as possible not only to have the freedom he had, but to also gain acceptance like how people accepted Oden and give Wano hope. But now that she is accepted and Wano has Momo to look onto, she doesn't need to do that.
Yamato prob feels like living like Oden is an obligation she has to go through, and feeling more limited on what she can and can't do because it depends on what Oden did and didn't do would really test her as a character.
And I think she'll be tested soon after she delivers the sword and meets up with Momo and he asks her this sort of question:
"So Yamato, will you sail out soon now that you've traveled Wano like Oden did?"