Games Mafia Game 135 - Omo From Down-Under - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
Well, mate, it's been a fun one. It was pretty tough to design and run the game solo between deadlines. I mean, I'm used to hosting in busy periods, but to really have to get work done and go from appointment to appointment, it's rough. Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun reading this game.

Mafia played a strong game. They even did some 5D mindfuck plays totally intentionally. Town I don't think had the wrong attitude, but did have trouble getting their ducks in a row. I'll share some post-game thoughts later, taking my own outback rat (my cute Copana) to the vet for the first time in a bit.

Thank you all for playing familia, congrats to the winners, hope everyone had fun in outback landia ❤

.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I appreciate the honesty but isn't quack doctor pretty much a SS?
Nah it's green.
I'm townie, I join the game thread and see custom roles (including mine) with no alignment connected to them, and a good amount of them with not very pro town effects. Would it be my intuitive reaction to assume one/some are non town roles exclusively?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Is people in favour of hinting or does it betray the purpose with the closed rolelist? Most roles here dont synergize well with an open game, but then again mafia works in shadows.
After sleeping on it, I'm of the opinion we should hint. We don't know if roles are party-bound, nor the quantities, but if we do so then later on things might start to point us towards a bigger picture and show us what looks odd. I guess people will commit to their actual roles since they aren't alignment indicative instead of gambling on claiming something different and mafia should lack a lot of pieces like us (was gonna say "the rest" in case there are TPs but I'm not sure we have any indication of a TP with new roles, unless it's a lone mafia), which could later on put them in a tough spot as usual.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm townie, I join the game thread and see custom roles (including mine) with no alignment connected to them, and a good amount of them with not very pro town effects. Would it be my intuitive reaction to assume one/some are non town roles exclusively?
I'm not confident to bet my salary on kalshi to say yes, although I think yes.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Hmm, the op clarification makes the quack less scum aligned... as the description was before it basically said he turned into illusions all those he "protected" every night.

I'm townie, I join the game thread and see custom roles (including mine) with no alignment connected to them, and a good amount of them with not very pro town effects. Would it be my intuitive reaction to assume one/some are non town roles exclusively?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



After sleeping on it, I'm of the opinion we should hint. We don't know if roles are party-bound, nor the quantities, but if we do so then later on things might start to point us towards a bigger picture and show us what looks odd. I guess people will commit to their actual roles since they aren't alignment indicative instead of gambling on claiming something different and mafia should lack a lot of pieces like us (was gonna say "the rest" in case there are TPs but I'm not sure we have any indication of a TP with new roles, unless it's a lone mafia), which could later on put them in a tough spot as usual.
I agree. I am not a fan or early hinting but considering the open list it might be more beneficial to hint early this time. If we have no way to even know alignements for sure, having a clearer picture on the distribution might help.

Having said that, I don't have much to say about my role besides that I had it before, for now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Erinyes how shameful of you to go around with a doggo avatar! Doesn't it hurt your feline soul? :arf
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,188
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
what the... no
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why are australian animals so itchy
I was asking if you have the “cunt” role because of the mechanics since the first comment you made was that there were too many illusions
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
After sleeping on it, I'm of the opinion we should hint. We don't know if roles are party-bound, nor the quantities, but if we do so then later on things might start to point us towards a bigger picture and show us what looks odd. I guess people will commit to their actual roles since they aren't alignment indicative instead of gambling on claiming something different and mafia should lack a lot of pieces like us (was gonna say "the rest" in case there are TPs but I'm not sure we have any indication of a TP with new roles, unless it's a lone mafia), which could later on put them in a tough spot as usual.
Agreed, the pros outweight the cons. Since the regular TP roles are banned here theres not a single TP that benefits from this massive illussion overpopulation we may experience, so I would bet on one mafia as the antagonists. Wouldnt rule out any plot twist though, you never

I'll begin saying my role is passive and its not the QP/vanilla

Having said that, I don't have much to say about my role besides that I had it before, for now.
Before as in a role very similar to regular ones? Sounds a little vague considering they are all new with special add ons.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I was asking if you have the “cunt” role because of the mechanics since the first comment you made was that there were too many illusions
Dont try to fix it, calling people cunts like that... :nah
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,085
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Erinyes how shameful of you to go around with a doggo avatar! Doesn't it hurt your feline soul? :arf
it hurts so much !


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So Im townie with a tricky role :arf
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I'll begin saying my role is passive and its not the QP/vanilla
Kay, I'll add that mine is active.


Questions to @Copy Panda and @SirSamuel016:
- Plague Doctor: gain Sickly as in the secondary role or they become sick (want to confirm)?
- Nintendo President: votes normally but the vote is secretly accounted with the illu weight rule? Or is it open (which seems weird since they think they're QP)?
- QP: what does it stand for? (curiosity)

@Brandish μ , maybe you should target people you suspect (a mafia that doesn't know they became an illu would be neat) and leave the real protection to Plague Doc(s). It doesn't necessarily mean that town has no protection on N2, since Plague Doc(s) can decide when to start using it, which adds uncertainty for mafia to operate against town. Unless there's someone that looks valuable based on the interactions that you can pray to be a Musashi and you would like to possibly extend their stay in game for what they provide in discussions woof.


And what are you people opinions on: do we believe we have mafia Stoats, as an Assassin of sorts? IF not, should Cunts share their info daily, so town Stoats wouldn't suicide with the 2 illu clauses? Would that put us at great risk with possible mafia Nintendo President or could we use it at our favor if a not top voted person would get lynched so we'd narrow down an opportunistic mafia that way?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,649
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Can people be killed regularly in the game or is it just illusions?
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
- Plague Doctor: gain Sickly as in the secondary role or they become sick (want to confirm)?
- Nintendo President: votes normally but the vote is secretly accounted with the illu weight rule? Or is it open (which seems weird since they think they're QP)?
- QP: what does it stand for? (curiosity)
- they become sick, as if they've been stuck by someone using Sickly on them. So they can't vote, but this doesn't result in gaining any powers
- They vote normally and we secretly add the weight
- As I named most roles after Sam memes, this is one of them. It is short for "quarter pounder" because he eats a lot of those. He's essentially a second Sam with somehow even lower IQ. Hard to describe the guy without being offensive. He defends Pokémon and Nintendo shenanigans with more conviction than the actual president of the company does
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hm please direct game-related questions to me
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,064
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Slow day 1. And woj will have to go to sleep. So woj will cast a placeholder vote. Might change it if present during day end

don’t like snakes therefore Votekill Pom
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
- they become sick, as if they've been stuck by someone using Sickly on them. So they can't vote, but this doesn't result in gaining any powers
Ok, but the role says "Target exactly 2 Players; those Players cannot die during the Night Phase. Next day, both gain Sickly."
I just wanted to confirm that the Plague Doc targets also receive the secondary Sickly role and if that's permanent (or if the Plague Doc get them sick, which could be what the role name alludes to)
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
Ok, but the role says "Target exactly 2 Players; those Players cannot die during the Night Phase. Next day, both gain Sickly."
I just wanted to confirm that the Plague Doc targets also receive the secondary Sickly role and if that's permanent (or if the Plague Doc get them sick, which could be what the role name alludes to)
They become sick; they can't vote the following phase. Like NVD but not passable. I'll adjust the text when I get home
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Gry has been awfully quiet, I am also of the opinion that we should hint before mafias had a chance to chat between themselves
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Current thoughts on mechanics:

interesting illusion based stuff, though I fail to see how it relates to Australia.. Stoat seems like a daykill with too many hoops to jump to use. I guess Cunt is supposed to help with that. Clown is pretty discouraging for the player.. should maybe not even use it at all. At least at this point I fail to see the town benefit other than blocking non killing roles. Musashi is a poor man's.. something. Not BP, without doctor help. Not Jesus either. Pretty meh.
Rest of the roles are straightforward enough.

It first sounded like mafia kills turn people into Illusions but seems no, it's just heavily nerfed Doctor and a handful of other roles.

As for players, Farf's posts look genuine for D1, can trust for now. Brandish and Gryff seem ok too. Gryff to lesser extent, mentioning TPs when OP states the only roles being used are the ones listed... Will assume it's an innocent fumble for now. Juviii did the same, pondering if she could be a good vote.

Holt and Evil not a fan of custom roles - mafias that don't like the extra homework on D1 and N1?

@Brandish μ , maybe you should target people you suspect (a mafia that doesn't know they became an illu would be neat) and leave the real protection to Plague Doc(s).
Did you write this before you read some rewriting of the role descriptions? Because as it's written right now, it doesn't work the way you think.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Should be awake before day end, so expect me there.

Woj also talked about SS. Was the initial description of the role really that bad? Maybe not alignment indicative after all.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Did you write this before you read some rewriting of the role descriptions? Because as it's written right now, it doesn't work the way you think.
I wrote it while reading the info I carried over to a spreadsheet at the beginning of my morning, I thought they only adjusted Plague Doc so I'll have to reread stuff and maybe scratch what I said.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah ok, yeah that changes thing. First it was written as "That player then turns into an Illusion instead of dying during the night phase" so I took it as the targeting alone would turn people into illu in spite of if they would be dying or not. So yeah, @Brandish μ scratch that.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Marcie, what's your take on the hinting movement?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So after pondering my pre-sleep options, I am most bothered by those that said next to nothing(Holt, Marm, woj). Feels like a cheap copout, but not finding much to distrust on others that said more, was gonna go Juviii for the unnecessary SS comments but too many others were mentioning it so in true aussie fashion we had some fumbles in the text. I didn't read the details of the roles til now, had a busy day.

Gonna go !votekill Holt mostly for my thoughts on people openly disliking this type of game being mafia, and to see where a 2nd vote on someone takes the next 9ish hours.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Current thoughts on mechanics:

interesting illusion based stuff, though I fail to see how it relates to Australia.. Stoat seems like a daykill with too many hoops to jump to use. I guess Cunt is supposed to help with that. Clown is pretty discouraging for the player.. should maybe not even use it at all. At least at this point I fail to see the town benefit other than blocking non killing roles. Musashi is a poor man's.. something. Not BP, without doctor help. Not Jesus either. Pretty meh.
Rest of the roles are straightforward enough.

It first sounded like mafia kills turn people into Illusions but seems no, it's just heavily nerfed Doctor and a handful of other roles.

As for players, Farf's posts look genuine for D1, can trust for now. Brandish and Gryff seem ok too. Gryff to lesser extent, mentioning TPs when OP states the only roles being used are the ones listed... Will assume it's an innocent fumble for now. Juviii did the same, pondering if she could be a good vote.

Holt and Evil not a fan of custom roles - mafias that don't like the extra homework on D1 and N1?



Did you write this before you read some rewriting of the role descriptions? Because as it's written right now, it doesn't work the way you think.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Should be awake before day end, so expect me there.

Woj also talked about SS. Was the initial description of the role really that bad? Maybe not alignment indicative after all.
The quack as it was before was literally the definition of a SS so it was in the role list. You were here before they changed it so I doubt you have missed it.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ah ok, yeah that changes thing. First it was written as "That player then turns into an Illusion instead of dying during the night phase" so I took it as the targeting alone would turn people into illu in spite of if they would be dying or not. So yeah, @Brandish μ scratch that.
--- Double Post Merged, 6 minutes ago ---
Marcie, what's your take on the hinting movement?
Hm my first thoughts on that description is SS, as in, it describes how the kill goes. So the SS commenters are pretty ok, but doesn't sound alignment indicative, mafia could also just point that out.

My take is that in such a game early hinting is worse than not, at least taking it from the Conan game me and Panda hosted. Mafia don't struggle at all with claims as good claims are pre-provided for them(to some extent*), so all we're doing is narrowing down what good roles to kill for mafia are. So I shake my head at all the claims so far.

*the some extent being - some roles in the list clearly sound like they should go on a town.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The quack as it was before was literally the definition of a SS so it was in the role list. You were here before they changed it so I doubt you have missed it.
Not missed, but just didn't bother reading it as I knew I couldn't post anytime soon. Farf wrote the description and yeah it sounds like a killing role description.

What do you think of the other people that were there and reacted to the role claim? Is it more likely for town to react strongly to it, given that mafia should know with their numbers that a TP should be very unlikely.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

post anytime soon as in - properly post
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I will throw in a hint if you want it Farf, the damage is already decently done with how many did it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top