Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,571
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
127
Reaction score
247
Age
23
Country
United States
Yeah that alien Headbutt chapter the pacing for it is super concerning. Really think it might be over for that series now.
 

nemu asahi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
586
Reaction score
633
Age
43
Country
France
This is actually a good description. This chapter of UD was very good but the path to get there was bare; the UD mangaka kind of has an anti-Mashima problem (Mashina is fantastic at setting up the table but the ending usually falls flat). We need better plot and story, because that’ll make those emotional moments hit far greater than they already are.
Oh, so there's hope for this one....
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,092
Reaction score
1,981
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Did Nishi do something similar in Iruma-kun? I have a feeling she did. Because of how straight to the point it was. My guess is that she just did not want to make an investigation arc, which, honestly, I can see being a bit of a drag.

I'm liking the issue overall, good twists and turns for some series, and some possibilities in the future. Now, that is what makes for a solid issue overall, in my opinion.
i mean i was kind disappointed, i really enjoyed the chapter, but i stoped reading and started making assumptions and theories of who could be. I was excited (then i read til the end of the chapter lol)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

also, UD was so good this week
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
i mean i was kind disappointed, i really enjoyed the chapter, but i stoped reading and started making assumptions and theories of who could be. I was excited (then i read til the end of the chapter lol)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

also, UD was so good this week
i think it can be salvage by having more than 1 traitor.
(i don't know why most traitor subplot don't do this)
 

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
127
Reaction score
247
Age
23
Country
United States
Today’s Kiyoshi chapter was super cliche and predictable but despite that I still liked it plus the new transformation looks cool.
 

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
901
Country
United States
Today’s Kiyoshi chapter was super cliche and predictable but despite that I still liked it plus the new transformation looks cool.
I'm mostly wondering if this fight will take us to the LCP/Cover, or if that'll be for the start of the next arc. Mainly just because I'm hoping its a more celebratory spread/cast group shot, over the purely battle focused one we got for the first anni.
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,092
Reaction score
1,981
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kiyoshi was also so peak today, great week on this magazine before the golden week
 

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,454
Reaction score
3,519
Country
United Nations
Issue 22-23:

Hero Destroyerz:


Pretty much a fun followup to the previous chapter. With a smaller number of pages and no need to introduce as much stuff, the pacing flows better and the gags land better. The backstory was interesting and felt very Gintama-like, making a dumb situation into something more emotional that builds the characters.

So far, nothing really unique, but a strong execution is all you need to make a manga that is at least entertaining and Sorachi is pretty damn good at it. Still waiting for it to fully take off though.

Drawn to the Fire:

Modern writers trying spokon at shounen magazines are basically forced to speed up the beginning of the story to a decent first actual match. I don't believe readers changed much about pacing, but they've seen it a million times before, they know how training and team building works and how much it feels like an obligation for most of these series. Not everyone can be Slam Dunk to make an arc as interesting and iconic as Mitsui's was.

Chapter itself is fine. Nothing really stood out to me, good or bad, the rivals didn't make any impression and the art also didn't wow me. This is probably an issue though if more people share my feelings.

Roku:

This pretty much confirms that this manga is way more enjoyable with individual focus on each curse. It's a completely different mood and story from last time, but it's as engaging and full of heart as that chapter. Sachiko is cute, her interest in manga is a good way to connect and explore both her and Roku and the concept of a school curse makes me invested in knowing what happened in her past.

This is also the second time Glass Mask gets mentioned by a current series (Nue mentioned it before as well), always glad to see some love for shoujo manga.

As much as I enjoyed this chapter, I worry that liking the individual chapters so much more than the group ones may be a long term problem if the author can't make the characters stand out when they're in a group.

Votes:

1. Nue's Exorcist:

I can't believe how insanely good Kawae got at drawing combat. He always had an eye for visual ideas, like when Gakuro absorbs the shadows during Shiroha's fight, but he's now great at executing these at the same time as making fluid combat that is easy to follow with choreography that has both well made swordplay and fun edgy powers. Gekka's Star Wars movement cutting Kasha's arm being followed up by a cool dragon sheath eating her sword is just rule of cool done right.

And the cliffhanger is more than welcome, everything is pointing out to Kasha's plan being about crushing Nue more than just killing her, so I can't wait to see what will happen to Gekka and how this arc will be structured.

2. Someone Hertz:

This chapter is all about making Mimei understand how special he is. Among all these fans, most of them will never be read on the radio, so while our protagonist may be sad about not being at Kurage's level, he's already way better than how he sees himself. A self depreciative guy finally opening his eyes because of this friendship and it's satisfying how the manga leads the reader to understand this growth so far.

3. Himaten:

Liking how the story isn't denying that both feelings of love are love, no confusion or misunderstanding about. He loves both Kanai and HImari, but how different these loves are, is one of them really bigger or more important than the other? Tenichi asking himself these questions is a grounded way to deal with this common romcom trope and works very well with the tone Himaten set since the beginning.

4. Roku: Read above.
5. Hero Destroyerz: Read above.

As for the others...Kinato gets better everytime it's not doing battle manga stuff, his rival is a lesser character than even that octopus nurse already. Alien Headbutt is speedrunning. And I still don't see how the magikeepers don't contradict all the stuff in Ichi before about Ichi and Gokuraku being so special and unusual, but I like the evil witch, keep the evil witch around for a long time.
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,481
Reaction score
3,375
Age
27
Country
Italy
Gekka is so fucking awesome, but I knew from the start that she'd get humbled...

I HATE HAVING THE BREAK WITH A CLIFFHANGER LIKE THIS AHHH
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
Issue 21 Votes:
1. One Piece
2. Kagurabachi
3. Ichi the Witch
4. Akane-banashi
5. Nue’s Exorcist

6. Blue Box
7. Class 2-B: Hero Destroyerz
8. Me & Roboco
9. Witch Watch
10. Hima-Ten!

A slower week. Time to check out how this week compares…
 

Lord Anubis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
458
Reaction score
594
Age
23
Country
United States
I’d like to bet Nishi went back and forth on whether she should make the traitor investigation a long arc itself or just reveal it right then and there.
I'm guessing Nishi did that because after showing us to this new big threat for this arc, she probably didn't want to waste time on a Traitor Investigation arc when the new big threat is right there waiting to be defeated.
And in Jump, take just a bit too long to get to a key point and you'll probably lose everything.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,262
Reaction score
1,968
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Regarding Ichi, there are probably more than 1 mole. The one from this chapter +1. And that's a twist that shall be revealed later.

KGB was insane. This arc has been amazing.

Akane super great too, loved it.
 

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
1,223
Age
28
Country
Brazil
I can't believe tomorrow is finally the day of the Kagurabachi anime announcement
After all the memes and stuff being thrown on the internet, I'm happy that we finally got confirmation.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Kind of an eh week tbh. Nothing was bad imo, but I wasn't really ecstatic about anything outside of my top 5.

Issue #22 Votes/Ranking

1. Nue's Exorcist
2. Hima-Ten!
3. Roku
4. Drawn to the Flame
5. Akane Banashi


6. Alien Headbutt
7. Hero Destroyerz
8. Someone Hertz
9. Ichi the Witch
10. Kagurabachi
11. Kinato's Magic
12. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi
13. Under Doctor
14. Shinobi Undercover
15. Sakamoto Days
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Hero Destroyerz ch 2 sucked, most of it was poopoo HAHAHA! toilet HAHAHA! poopoo toilet HAHAHA! I really hope Sorachi has more planned for this than an entire series of laughing at the word toilet, since it's guaranteed to stick around for at least a little while.

The other two new series were good though, I liked the main two in Drawn to the Fire flipping the script in a sense by being the mysterious rivals scoping out the other school , declaring their intent, then dramatically leaving.

I'm curious to see where Nue's going with this, the 'I'm short on time' and the last page makes it fairly clear that this is just a teaser fight. At any rate I hope we get some decent non-fighting stuff after this because it's been a good while since the other girls appeared.
 

DVL101

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
29
Gender
Male
Country
Andorra
This week was pretty fine/average for this batch.

2B: Still funny, I'm writing this a few hours after reading chapter 2 for the first time and I started with writing a more-or-less 'This is good but not as good as last week' kinda quip but on a second readthrough I think it's just as good but a bit hampered by the fact that it has to set-up some future stuff both at the start and the end. Lots of good bits, a bit confused by the flying eyeball little dude, its existence feels a bit contrived and I'd wager that if this is a long-running one that we'll probably see a huuuuge divergence when it comes to its characterization down the line because so far that thing only serves as a makeshift for a third character for scenes where the demon king isn't with our main guy.

FTR I do think we could see it as just a duo, it's not like Sorachi doesn't do those, Katsura/Elizabeth, Sakamoto/Mutsu, Prince Hata/His butler or whatever, but on the other hand apart from Zura/Elizabeth none of those had chapters with them as sole characters in the frame, I guess you could extend this to some other less deeply tied together duos like Tae/Kyuubei and maybe even the duo from Dandelion but I'd wager Sorachi prefers writing trios (also I think they may have teased something already?) Grade.. um, Sorachi wise it's a 6 but out of every single newcomer ever this is probably a 8 or something with the magazine veteran tag.

Drawn to the Flame: It's okay, I'll complain a bit about the characterization but on the other hand it's put on the wayside to speedrun past the annoying part of every single spokon ever, which is fair. My main worry is that it 1) still has yet to wow me on the basketball aspect to it (think about how Blue Lock will at least throw you a bone and namedrop someone, here we have the MC which is clearly meant to be a White Chocolate type player and that's about it) and 2) I still don't like how the author draws the actual basketball parts of it. I'm sorry maybe it's mangaplus screwing me over but am I seeing things or is the alley-oop where one panel is the wrap-around lob and other the dunk not on the same double page? What's going on lol. Grade.. 5.5?

also I should keep track of those if I want a grading system that makes sense

Roku: Fine chapter in terms of what happens, I thought the science club would have a greater role honestly, seeing how the author bothered making little pfps for their group chat in chapter 1. And they clearly do have designs that mean they are important, but the way they are introduced, eh, not a fan.

Sachiko, who the chapter obviously focuses on, makes no sense to me in terms of being a realistic girl that could've existed IRL, she has very set in time kinda interests, she doesn't know about Glass Mask (1976), Is pretty clearly meant to be a Sukeban (Very 1970's coded) Is familiar enough with TVs to be able to recognize a flat screen as the evolution of the CRT (let's say the TV market boomed in Japan after the '64 Tokyo Olympics, add roughly 5 years so that she's familiar with it as an idea + making sure her family could have one even if not early adopters) That girl has to have died between 1972 and 1975. And I don't know if the author's ever going to drop exact dates but I feel like he could write himself into an anachronism here if he's just doing a 1970's Japanese highschool girl. Overall the chapter was okay, I like the turn it took with Sachiko. 6.5.
 

RealityChecker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
659
Reaction score
298
Age
35
Country
Gotei 13
I can't believe tomorrow is finally the day of the Kagurabachi anime announcement
Isn't it ironic that despite all the motion, it is still being announced and aired after Kill Blue and Chojo anime? I find it interesting.
 

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,454
Reaction score
3,519
Country
United Nations
I'm curious to see where Nue's going with this, the 'I'm short on time' and the last page makes it fairly clear that this is just a teaser fight. At any rate I hope we get some decent non-fighting stuff after this because it's been a good while since the other girls appeared.
The arc started with Gakuro telling Gekka to trust his team and she said that they wouldn`t be needed before rushing solo to Kasha and losing. So my guess would be that this arc will be about the team needing to come together finally to be able to beat the new Kasha.

There`s also the contrast with Kasha taking corpses and stealing Kurikara`s powers to Gakuro`s friendship/love to his companions. Hopefully we get more screentime for everyone this way.
 
Top