Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Satuuuuuuurn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2023
Messages
50
Reaction score
77
Age
22
Country
United States
You make it seems like the manga got 1 or 2 good placement but It ranked well until chapter 22 alongside a bunch of color pages and 15k copies for at least both vol 1 & 2 lol

We don't know when it got greenlighted but they definitely saw at the very least the online popularity and took that when deciding it to go forward with the anime.
The strangest part of Chojo’s cancellation to me is that Viz picked it up for physical english prints, they never do that for gag series even saiki k which is way more popular or Witch Watch which is a bit more than a gag series
 

Discomusic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
623
Reaction score
1,697
Age
40
Country
Italy
1. Akane-banashi: A great chapter. Akane evolved once again in a way that I don't know how can she be beaten by Kaisei, even though he is still predicted to become the eventual winner. The reaction from Issho is also important to note, and then the jumpscare in the end. There are chapters where you think "it's always the same thing", and then chapters like this where you think "it's always the same thing, but it's fire".
2. Drawn to the fire: The first rival team is introduced, and the rival characters are very nice. I loved the synchronicity of when they talk to the protagonists and then how the two react. And there were also some funny moments! For me it's definitely the best series of the new batch so far.
3. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi: Not a particularly original or inspired sad story (reminds me of Fishman Island), but it works. I am glad that this story is surviving despite the poor performance: it is an easy and nice read to have every week, that doesn't do anything too pretentious, but does its job well.
4. Sakamoto Days: Oh God, that guy makes an appearence as well? Totally forgot about him, but it's good for the match because the level just raised. You know a battle series is ending when every single character has to show up for at least a cameo.
5. Witch Watch: Whoa, Wolfie! I didn't know that there was another grade of maturation in him. This battle is probably the peak of Keigo's character development, at least in fighting terms. Sentimental terms are another story.
6. Blue Box: I wished he could win because he deserved it, but this is the most realistic outcome both in-universe (the most experienced won) and out-of-universe (the protagonist has to win and move the story forward). They put up a good battle and we witnessed a nice piece of character development, so congratulations everyone for the match.
7. Roku's house of oddities: Another good chapter for this series. Since the focus shifted on one curse at a time, it has become much more enjoyable. At the beginning I thought that the curse of this week was the least interesting but it turns out she can provide a nice story as well. I follow this series with interest, now that it found its footing.
8. Under Doctor: The first rival battle comes to a close and, as predicted, the protagonist has now gathered a new ally who will show up at desperate times. The chapter was supposed to be very touching, but the author really has to work on the facial expressions, the characters never show the emotion they are supposed to.
9. Kagurabachi: This week I got it, I think. The most powerful sorcerer in history has been praised then immediately nerfed, and then they studied a counterattack that will fail next week. Is that close?
10. Me and Roboco: The number of times Roboco has to play the straight man of the chapter is increasing. And poor boys, they were having so much fun in the island that it's a pity that she had to bring them back home.
11. One Piece: Unusual chapter that focuses on only one battle and only two characters (both introduced late in the series). They put up a good fight and seem to be at the same level, but there isn't much else to comment here.
12. Shinobi Undercover: As per modern shonen battle series tradition, it is time to redeem the enemy instead of killing the enemy. I wonder how many boys grow on mangas and empathy lessons, then become soldiers and go to fight actual wars. They will either change the world for the better or learn a bad lesson the hard way...
13. Someone Hertz: Not a very remarkable chapter, the most interesting bit is the protagonists realizing they are famous in their niche. Well, for being a niche it is actually super popular. Is it normal for a weekly midnight radio show to gather all those fans?
14. Nue's Exorcist: I read the chapter twice, because it seemed strange to me that Gakuro disappeared in the final pages and I wanted to see better when he phased out. He did so in a way that the following conversation seems innatural without him interjecting. He will probably do that the next week, so that the proposal of the enemy can be rejected.
15. Ichi the Witch: Very weird to reveal an intriguing mistery just right after it has been introduced. Expecially weird for this series, that is well estabilished and has great pacing, to make a move that seems a newbie error of an axable author. Of course, it can still be the setup for a swerve.
16. Hima-Ten!: A chapter for the few remaining Kanai fans that still want to believe. The couple was cute and clumsy, and the idea of taking photos to encapsule oen other's expressions was a good way to move the date forward. It continues next week, but it can also end in disappointment, so let's see. Hono-mope!
17. Kinato's Magic: The first half wasn't that bad and seemed to bring the series back to the right track of having the protagonist working on his support skills rather than wanting to play the hero. Then the protagonist decides to not work on his support skills and to try playing the hero, and suddenly a training arc was born. That was disappointing.
18. Class 2-B Hero Destroyerz: Not impressed by the second chapter. The toilet humour can get old very fast and apparently is one of the key features of the series, so that worries me. The best gag was him having that face at fourth grade, that is very typical Sorachi humour. But Gintama had also many lackluster comedy chapters, and my fear is that it will be the case for the whole new series if some variety isn't added very fast.
19. Alien Headbutt: It's a pity, but I have to declare that the shark has been jumped. The worst part? There wasn't any wrestling in this chapter. Boo.
 

Hawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,930
Age
28
Country
Vandenreich
Still finishing up this week's issue because I had a swamped week irl but holy fuck, I've been non-stop frothing at the mouth and feral since the Kagurabachi teaser dropped. Everyone in my life has to be looking at this shit with me now (and non-zero chance I can unironically make my birthday party next year just a group watch of episode 1)
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Issue #22-23 votes:
1 - Alien Headbutt
2 - Witch Watch
3 - Roku's House of Oddities
4 - Me & Roboco
5 - Ichi The Witch
 

Lord Anubis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
457
Reaction score
594
Age
23
Country
United States
If Roku doesn't work out, Nakamura should try his hand on battle shonen next.
He has the battle shonen artstyle down now.
I think he did one for his very first serial called "Kurokuroku", which is more of a supernatural action comedy series which only lasted for 17 chapters
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm also going to miss Black Clover, a lot...
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I always forget Kurokuroku was him... I liked the leads, but it wasn't very good from what I read.
 

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
127
Reaction score
247
Age
23
Country
United States
That bachi teaser looked great but I honestly believe it was pre animated ngl.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
3,847
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
That bachi teaser looked great but I honestly believe it was pre animated ngl.
I've seen a couple people say that but I wonder what the logistics of it would even be, since the first episode is being shown in a couple months and is from what we know extended.
 

DKong

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 9, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
42
Age
18
Country
England
MONDAY REPORT
BUZZERBEATER lol



Sakamoto Days
Hey, it's Tenkyu, I actually know this guy. I don't remember why or how he's here but I remember I liked him when he was here before so that's definitely good for my investment, also he just broke up the twin vs. twin fight so he gets an A+ in my book as of now lol. Unfortunately though, I feel like I might need to start just copy-pasting my previous chapter thoughts every week, y'know "cool visuals, cool moves, ultimately i don't really care" . It was nice to see the best fight results and art too ( but not entirely surprising that the best fight from the best arc won).

Ichi the Witch
Aww poor Tottie I definitely see why Fujimine was exiled now I mean lil Toxiterror was such a cutie, it is interesting that she was only kicked out for essentially doing her job and capturing magiks, putting aside the murder of course, but that makes me even more curious as to why world hater has teamed up with her and vice versa as neither seems to have any remorse for the other species. I'm starting to think they're not even enjoying their little tea party, just angrily eating eclairs lol. Also traitor arc incoming..and traitor arc resolved, its the hot butch one with the gold sideburn thingies I mean I know why I would want to show her immediately but story wise idk. I guess Nishi didn't want to have to introduce every other witch because we've only really "met" like 3 in any meaningful way so cutting straight to the chase might be for the best ,but it would've been cool to see an investigation-like arc with both the magikeepers and Ichi's squad looking into the mantinels, but nevermind. I wonder why their in cahoots though and this has got me thinking more and more about a magik PETA again for some reason like could a similar group they have worked with world hater before or would they have just been killed also also how old are the mantinel witches and if they're super old are the witches operating against them as organised or is it just some rogue traitors like Amadoro.

Hero Destroyerz
Still on this poop thing, maybe Sorachi will realise his true potential next chapter and start making some much needed piss jokes to break up the monotony . Honestly there were still some pretty good gags in this one , the super mega ultra formula for " I don't know " and Kumon becoming a 38 yr old yakuza boss in elementary were pretty funny too honestly. I'm just a bit worried this might turn into poop jokes with a side of demon lord but it wasn't egregious or anything just a joke wearing a bit thin. (tbh I think I just wanted more Vallaris )

Kagurababchi
Mashiro seems quite determined to make me look like an ass for deathflagging him huh, he has a hole in his chest but he's still pulling off crazy plays, he really said "F the boat I'm not making it home anyways" lol. It was crazy to hear then Ariu is impervious to sorcery, like all of it or just Shiba's. This battle really is working well as a pre enchanted blade scuffle too, seeing how outclassed even the strongest sorcerers are against the datenseki and Mikaboshi ,the elder Soga's tongue bite thing was cool too, even with all these new characters Hokazono is still producing hype. I agree with what some of you said tho,
i am liking this battle very much so far but the slower lore heavy part of this arc is the main attraction but I doubt the arc is gonna be that short tho so we still have time for more, I mean we still need to meet the sword bearers and Azami so were not leaving flashback land anytime soon....also. KAGURBACHI ANIME YIPEEEEE I am so exited man I watched the PV on my walk home and my reactions must have made me seem crazy lol but it looks so cool and Chihiro's voice too wow, I'm glad it's a relative newbie too, he gets to establish himself alongside Chihiro ,I hope they do keep some of the voice comic guys tho they were good. Some people were iffy on the visuals and I kind of get it, the lines seem maybe too thin to me on facial shots and it all looks very "clean/non gritty" I guess but at the end of the day I thought it looked alright and isn't that what really matters ;)

Roku's House of Oddities
Sachiko chapter, just what I wanted, and Roku is continuing the trend of good chapters. It's less funny than last time but still solid ,Sachiko remembering parts of her self as she goes in to see Roku was good and it was nice to have a follow up on the whole science club thing, though I cant imagine that the ghosts swill be secret for long at least not Sachiko. The occult club being a bunch of dweebs is funny too I wouldn't let them in on my ghost flatmate situation either. Roku's also coming together more as a character for me too, he's still a bog standard highschool boy but he's making faces and bantering more with the ghosts outside of yelling " WHOA YOU GHOSTS SURE ARE STRANGE AND LOOK HOW LARGE THAT DOG IS" so were on the right path. I wonder if Sachiko will start remembering more of her past faster now she knows what kind of curse she is like have we unlocked level 1 of her memory. Another thought since shes a bit of an otaku I wonder what she'd think of newer jump titles since she didn't even know about Dragonball just how old is she ? Do you think she'd be a poster? Maybe she's haunting the forum right now, possessing people and posting bad takes OOOOooooOO very spooky.

Drawn to the Fire
Why are they acting like we already know these randos on the team, like who are these guys? It's kind of jarring having them act close with everyone I get Akane but why Keiki like you guys met a week ago and got no character intro,maybe their just place holders for future members but I'd rather not feel like the story also seems them as NPCs. Apart from this really solid chapter for me,an interesting way to introduce the new rival school with this undercover training bit, it also helps characterise these 2 new guys who I like fine enough and now we have a goal for this match too, prove Akane belongs at their school and prove Keiki is worth their attention. It feels pretty Haikyuu but its making me feel something so that's good at least. Also question to basketball fans here I wonder how well do you think basketball lends itself to sports manga,specifically what aspects of the game or surrounding culture. with Haikyuu I think was able to utilise aspects of volleyball pretty well (I really don't know anything about most team sports tho lol) ,serves and their impact on the game as well as Hinata's height limiting him, to create unique drama that wouldn’t appear in other series. I know almost anything can be "shonen-ified" by just having some kid scream" I'm gonna go for it RAAAH" while competitive knitting or whatever,but I do wonder if certain sports have a chokehold on the genre simply due to their popularity (baseball, basketball, football) so they don't need to explain too much or rather an aspect of the sport that really gels with shonen storytelling.

UNDERDOCTOR
Wait dont go Maxell go i still need you for like 2 more chapters dude. Aww man ig it's the right time to stop and this was an alright little fight but what I'm feeling with this is it should have been longer or more built up to I want more out of this series, the writing and art in this chapter was obviously good but it's just that it wasn't set up properly enough to have me bawling over Maxell crying for his 3 wives, like we need a longer arc for this to mean something . Also whats with that Haiji flashback " there’s someone i promised to heal" what are you doing Tanimoto you should’ve put this in ages ago. What do you mean this is our first glimpse into Haji's past and his motivation to become a doctor? This one page is way more compelling than just "gotta get more money to fight niche diseases” from a story standpoint,like who does that,why here and not before that would've worked way better no? The author can write it just seems like he cant order the story , at least to me. Please just 1 multi chapter arc no more one and done cases just pick an idea and run dude cmon.

Shinobi Undercover
Yay operation save Yoichi is a go I wanted more of him anyway so that's great.its also cool to see squad 7 in action too very cool.. not really much to say outside of just wanting more Yoichi ,he’s the most interesting part of this arc by far, his personality and back story are pretty compelling . He's just super duper loyal and trusting, mix in a psychotic ninja family and boom great villain. Also did anyone else think this would be a longer arc,we were talking about infiltration one chapter and then boom were in the very next one. I thought I'd see more ninja-ing before this point but I have yet to read many manga where the ninjas do covert op or recon for the entire story tbh.

Kitano's Magic
Linae is crying, pretty sad.. it would have hit way harder if she had BEEN THERE tho. Referring back to my previous Kitano rant but it would be so much better if she was there and saw Kitano try and use his sorcery more and get hurt because if it, her blaming herself for having encouraged him would also be better because she would’ve been encouraging him all the way and not just said something nice to him 12 chapters ago. Can anyone even give a reason why she couldn't have been going on adventures with Kitano all this time,like were the guildhouse beer drums really that vital that you needed 10 chapters to get them organised. Apart from that this chapter is pretty light-hearted, we see more of Zeo and this new octo-nurse girl with a crush on Jien and guess what its good.Who woulda thunk if you do what you set your story up to do it works pretty well. And all that goodness only for Kitano to go to see some new amazon ladies for a training arc...PINGPONGED again hopefully hes not going alone and we have to completely rely on him too keep our interest. I still believe everything I said in my post before, so I'll keep reading but its not looking too good.

Alien Headbutt
Torture chamber new alien lore and digivolved Lil Mei , interesting developments. I thought we might spend more time in this soldier factory before the jailbreak but this arc will probably run for at least 2 more chapters so we might still get more interesting alien info or we might see Haruya, Yuki and more survivors on the outside . Also Ouga must feel like a real silly goose now, fighting desperately to give your friend an alien tapeworm only to find out it might be just a little unhealthy, smh. Jokes aside the emotions and interest I feel for this series aren't anything mindblowing but it remains the most solid and thought of out of the batch, if it fails it fails but at least it wasn’t so obviously flying by the seat of its magical scrubs


Overall pretty solid week this time,we're on break next week so that'll be something ig. Oh yeah before I forget I have begun my 2000's jump pilgrimage - I am gonna try to read through a bunch of quintessential 00’s jump titles to get a better impression of the manga ( and finally get some references), I'm starting with Bleach I'm up to where Ichigo has just saved Rukia and is about to clash with Byakuya and wow this arc is so good, its so well thought out nothing feels wasted whatsoever, just all heat no fat ,personally I feel like we could've gotten here sooner but whatever. I've got a couple other series in mind like Yugioh and Shaman King but I am curious as to what other people consider true 00s jump.


anyway it's a bit late but thanks for reading x
 

shillin65

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2024
Messages
189
Reaction score
489
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Issue 22/23 votes
1. Himaten
2. Hero Destroyerz
3. Roku
4. Hertz
5. Ichi

Thoughts
I predicted that Kiyoshi would get the Kill Blue treatment this year but by the looks of both series it's seeming more and more likely that Himaten will

Sorry Valaris and basketball chick I forgot the name of, Sachiko is best girl of the batch

I hope Sorachi can introduce some new characters soon, I can't live off of just the duo we currently have

It's a shame Alien Headbutt's only just started getting interesting, given that it's probably too late for it at this point

Kagurabachi anime looks fire, as someone who's been reading from chapter 1 it's lowk emotional seeing it come this far

Speaking of anime, the Beelzebub anime (as infamous as it is) recently got an English dub uncovered and it might be one of the most hilariously awful English dubs I've ever heard; genuinely insane considering the streaming service that uncovered it found another lost dub (Magic Kaito 1412) that's far better in comparison
 

Aqyurs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2025
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,663
Country
Akatsuki
Also question to basketball fans here I wonder how well do you think basketball lends itself to sports manga,specifically what aspects of the game or surrounding culture.
Of all the "main" team sports, I think basketball is probably the best suited for sports manga. It's a team sport still, so you still get the teamwork and camaraderie aspects that make classic sports series hit. It's 5v5, with usually 2-3 relevant bench players, so there's enough people for a game to have multiple storylines without feeling like there's too many people to keep track of like soccer or baseball. And if you have to introduce a team from scratch, 5 is a lot less than 10 new members, so the intro probably won't drag as much. Despite being a team sport though, it's also the team sport that's easiest for one person to completely shift the complexion of a game. So when the "oh crap, this guy is on fire and changing the whole game" part happens in basketball, it feels more realistic. Many games really are won when one player decides they're the main character that day, which is prime "comeback" material.

For the technical aspects, it might just be me, but having bigger numbers for point totals also makes it easier to drive home feelings you want about how the game is going. 7-1 in soccer sounds bad obviously, but if you don't understand how hard it is to actually get a goal for example, you might not appreciate how dominate that score actually is. Compare that to basketball, I think seeing a game quickly go from 10-6 to 24-12, to 40-16, even if you don't follow basketball religiously, you can quickly grasp that the losing team is spiraling and getting completely outclassed. 7-1 sounds really bad, a basketball game ending 100-73 sounds like the game was hopeless.

Also, I think basketball is a paneling dream. We already have posterizing, which is basically a dunk so good you would hang it on your wall if it was made into a poster. An alley oop picture looks great. Getting the moment someone blocks a shot is always hype, especially when the picture or video shows it was all ball and not hitting the shooter's arm. A lot of the most iconic pictures in sports are buzzer beating shots. Basketball just lends itself well to good panels or double page spreads.

And like how Haikyu! had things like serving style or height limitations that made it feel more immersive, I think basketball is pretty flexible in how it portrays problems people can face playing it. The crux of Ahiru no Sora for example, is if a short player with a unique shooting form can actually meaningfully contribute to winning basketball. How you shoot the ball is something that comes up even in the top level of basketball play. Slam Dunk shows how the fundamentals are key to doing anything cool in basketball. You can't be a good dunker if you can't get a rebound or you can't dribble; you need to be good at least one of those things.

We'll see how Drawn to the Fire keeps up, but on paper, basketball is a really easy sport to translate into manga.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,011
Reaction score
1,654
Age
36
Country
Australia
Of all the "main" team sports, I think basketball is probably the best suited for sports manga. It's a team sport still, so you still get the teamwork and camaraderie aspects that make classic sports series hit. It's 5v5, with usually 2-3 relevant bench players, so there's enough people for a game to have multiple storylines without feeling like there's too many people to keep track of like soccer or baseball. And if you have to introduce a team from scratch, 5 is a lot less than 10 new members, so the intro probably won't drag as much. Despite being a team sport though, it's also the team sport that's easiest for one person to completely shift the complexion of a game. So when the "oh crap, this guy is on fire and changing the whole game" part happens in basketball, it feels more realistic. Many games really are won when one player decides they're the main character that day, which is prime "comeback" material.

For the technical aspects, it might just be me, but having bigger numbers for point totals also makes it easier to drive home feelings you want about how the game is going. 7-1 in soccer sounds bad obviously, but if you don't understand how hard it is to actually get a goal for example, you might not appreciate how dominate that score actually is. Compare that to basketball, I think seeing a game quickly go from 10-6 to 24-12, to 40-16, even if you don't follow basketball religiously, you can quickly grasp that the losing team is spiraling and getting completely outclassed. 7-1 sounds really bad, a basketball game ending 100-73 sounds like the game was hopeless.

Also, I think basketball is a paneling dream. We already have posterizing, which is basically a dunk so good you would hang it on your wall if it was made into a poster. An alley oop picture looks great. Getting the moment someone blocks a shot is always hype, especially when the picture or video shows it was all ball and not hitting the shooter's arm. A lot of the most iconic pictures in sports are buzzer beating shots. Basketball just lends itself well to good panels or double page spreads.

And like how Haikyu! had things like serving style or height limitations that made it feel more immersive, I think basketball is pretty flexible in how it portrays problems people can face playing it. The crux of Ahiru no Sora for example, is if a short player with a unique shooting form can actually meaningfully contribute to winning basketball. How you shoot the ball is something that comes up even in the top level of basketball play. Slam Dunk shows how the fundamentals are key to doing anything cool in basketball. You can't be a good dunker if you can't get a rebound or you can't dribble; you need to be good at least one of those things.

We'll see how Drawn to the Fire keeps up, but on paper, basketball is a really easy sport to translate into manga.
Don't forget ypu can play basketball as a 3 vs 3 as well. The game configuration is endless
 

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
127
Reaction score
247
Age
23
Country
United States
This week most tweeted Jump chapters:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know, i'm starting to feel like some are forgetting Kinato's Magic is a battle shounen, be for real, did anyone expected Kinato to not develop his magic into a offensive one? Did anyone seriously expected this battle shounen main character to stay in the back of battles only healing people while the other characters do everything else? LOL

This week most tweeted Jump chapters:
Yeah as expected Sachiko made Roku go back in the top 10! :hee
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Finished Eggehead. Don't understand the hate this arc gets either. Thought it was absolutely fantastic. So many wild lore drops, a lot more focus on the politics of the world, and just loved all the focus on the history of the world in general, contrasted with all the high tech shit.
Also, Bonney is precious and should join the Strawhats. Please don't pull another Yamato rugpull on me Oda.
 

Bulju

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2023
Messages
612
Reaction score
1,388
Age
29
Country
Argentina
I don't know, i'm starting to feel like some are forgetting Kinato's Magic is a battle shounen, be for real, did anyone expected Kinato to not develop his magic into a offensive one? Did anyone seriously expected this battle shounen main character to stay in the back of battles only healing people while the other characters do everything else? LOL



Yeah as expected Sachiko made Roku go back in the top 10! :hee
Well yeah, he was presented as a support member with an exclusively support-oriented ability. I don't see why it's so crazy to think that the premise of the manga as it was introduced to us would be about a typical adventure story being told from the point of view of someone who isn't the main damage dealer, or that you can't see why people feel so betrayed over him being turned into just another stereotypical diet deku after just one arc.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well yeah, he was presented as a support member with an exclusively support-oriented ability. I don't see why it's so crazy to think that the premise of the manga as it was introduced to us would be about a typical adventure story being told from the point of view of someone who isn't the main damage dealer.
It's a traditional Shonen Jump battle shounen, in the first chapter Kinato literally defeats a big dragon with his magical/healing ball (There's no way to make this dont sound wrong lol), his dream is to be a classic guild adventurer that protects everybody how can anyone not expect the character to develop his ability into a offensive one instead of being stuck forever into just healing his partners? I do agree that at least he could have kept like that for longer before going offensive but it was just a matter of (short) time before that would happen.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That bachi teaser looked great but I honestly believe it was pre animated ngl.
Yeah that's how it felt to me, feels like pre animated.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Black Clover has ended with chapter 392!
Gonna make a post when the chapter officially releases but yeah, the end of the 2010's era.
 
Top