Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
1,224
Age
28
Country
Brazil
I think this is the first time I've woken up to 3+ new pages of posts and it wasn't about a new announcement. This is easily in the top 5 silliest arguments I've seen since joining.
You think that's Silly?

You should have seem how it was in 2020 and 2021.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Tbh I hope not. The market is so oversaturated with western influenced fantasy series rn.
And I've never found Gotoge to be that strong or unique of a writer tbh. I'd like to see her unique art-style go to a genre that she could at least fill a niche in.
I also wouldn't be against her simply doing the art for a series, but given how insanely popular Kimetsu was, I doubt that'll happen for her next Jump series.
Either way, I think we won’t see Gotouge for a looong time, considering she’s probably set for life and not have to work a single day ever again.
 

Bulju

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2023
Messages
612
Reaction score
1,388
Age
29
Country
Argentina
22-23 votes:

1.Akane-banashi
2.Kagurabachi
3.Drawn to the Fire
4.Roku's House of Oddities
5.Blue Box
 

Pedroland17

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
51
Age
29
Country
Brazil
Commenting on the debuts:

Drawn to the Fire is surprising me a lot in a very positive way. It’s the classic practice-match chapter you often see early in sports manga, but here they just decided to invade the opposing team’s practice instead lol. It’s those little touches that make you feel a series is genuinely original. I hope it keeps it up.

Class 2-B, with its poop jokes, has been entertaining me a lot too. Sure, I’m still curious to see where the story is going, but honestly, I’d be perfectly satisfied if it stayed just this kind of dumb comedy. I’m not asking for anything more.

As for the others, I thought this week’s One Piece chapter was absurrrrdly good. Ichi the Witch and Kagurabachi, on the other hand, felt a bit below their usual level. And Sakamoto Days was very much Sakamoto Days. I’m not that attached to the characters in that manga, but the fight choreography is always great.

I’ll be catching up to the weekly chapters of Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi soon too. I have things to say about that manga.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom

All the Megumi fans drop to their knees simultaneously
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Also seems we have our KGB composer :hee
 

Broseph

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
934
Reaction score
1,518
Age
31
Country
United States
Ay I said it was about Todo. Just made sense to me since he’s the one old school dude we know is still alive but didn’t appear. Megumi is was confirmed dead by Nobara in the last chapter so I didn’t think it was him
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,559
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
4,808
Age
29
Country
Malaysia

All the Megumi fans drop to their knees simultaneously
:cheez

Based Gege knows that everyone wants more Todo. Megumi who? That absolute bum that caused Grade 4 to enter the system just to accommodate him? Unlike Megumi, Todo actually wins fights and reaches his full potential. Todobros have won this day once again.

I will now proceed to laugh at the Megumicopers.

Ha. Ha. Ha.
 

Cerclox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
2,043
Age
27
Country
Costa Rica
I probably will make a post about Black Clover once it officialy ends, for sure my fav series of the 2010s and also is the reason why I found this place, it truly will be missed

The 2010s is officially over,ig World Trigger still there haha
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,032
Reaction score
2,457
Age
35
Country
Avatar
Alright, I will give my top 10 artists I would like to see return, but while I do so, I will be going through each artist who came out from 2016-2025, and give any updates on where they are now but also list possible yes or no options on their return. Furthermore any veterans who have made hits before and haven’t come back yet or failed with a new title (ex. Tsutsui with Syd Craft), I have to give my reason for their return. The only catch is, it can only be vets up to 2024, since it would be way too early to see them make a return to soon and they need time to cook on a new story.

So having said that, here are my thoughts. Well I will rule out Furudate and Gotouge because they are both waiting to finish their recent works with their anime adaptations. Also Tabata is out because he finished Black Clover and want them to rest, spend time with his wife and daughter, along with him figuring out his next work, but hopefully much shorter so he doesn’t overwork himself, and not get caught up in the drama after how it got rough by his 5th or 6th year in publication. Tadahiro Miura is a huge question mark, mainly due to Jump not wanting to do ecchi works in Jump again, along with Yabuki and if he will go back to writing how he did in Black Cat before he illustrated To Love Ru. Shirai and Demizu are also out due to the latter working on a Beyblayde spinoff and the former being a free agent, but we know they are working on that Promised Neverland spinoff. As for the rest of the 2016 artists that came, Kentaro Itani is a mystery and I don’t know where they are, Ryohei Yamamoto is one I’m nervous about since I didn’t like the premise of Love Rush!, and am not sure I want them back. Tomohiro Yagi is in Jump+ now so I don’t expect their return. Ryo Ishiyami is a mystery, and while Tomohiro Hasegawa had a modest success with Spring Weapon #1, I wonder if he has been affected by the three strike rule, but is content in Study Jump. Then there is Yoshimichi Okamoto, after Demon’s Plan, I don’t know where they are now.

For 2017, I know that artists debuted and returned (successfully and not) and their return years later would bring new results (successfully and not). Tsutsui was successful with We Never Learn, but failed with Syd Craft. I do want him back, but he needs to explore and expand his tool set and genres so he isn’t stuck in doing silly romcoms. But I agree that I like We Never Learn and was better than Nisekoi, but needs to evolve to show that he isn’t a one hit wonder. Gondaira is someone I would love to see return. I just read Demon Prince Poro’s Diaries and to see his growth from that to Yozakura, absolutely amazing. However due to the anime airing right now, I don’t expect a major return soon. Yuji Kimura is probably not coming back. When your manga becomes a meme in the worst way possible and is considered the worst due to how cringingly edgy it tries to be, of course it can scar a person. Tamura is out due to working on Cosmos, Fujimaki is also out but not entirely if the Kill Blue anime gains success, then maybe a return to make a sequel for it? But only if he wants to, and that is fandom’s talking, not me. Then there is Inagaki and Boichi. I don’t expect Boichi to return mainly due to him working on other projects like a Morita spinoff for Rokudenashi Blues and possibly going back to Marshal King afterwards. For Inagaki, he just finished Trillion Game and the final season of the Dr. Stone anime is out. A return isn’t impossible, but the gap between when Eyeshield 21 concluded and then his return with Dr. Stone, I would expect that he would slow down to figure out his next work along with finding a new artist as his former colleagues are working on different projects. Takuma Yokota is another enigma after the failure of Shudan and coming off his previous yet modest success of Straighten Up. Date is working in Young Jump, but his former writing partners are a different story. Oishi is still in Jump+ after the move, and Osuka with his two failures, brings the question of his return into question. I still think his writing is immature in a sense of not experiencing life nor having that sense to communicate his youthfulness in the way it’s written for readers to latch onto. Also he is becoming indecisive to me in some way.

2018, Royji Hirano has disappeared, and Matsuki…F$@K NO!!! And for good reason. Akutami is going to be a while, unless he wants to do more JJK spinoff sequels. Imezawa is speculated to work on 2.5D Seduction under a new pen name, and I wouldn’t go past that because of his hot take in the past (if that was the reason). I need to read his past works but a part of me wonders if he had what it took, but if Noah’s Notes did them in. Kentaro Hidano is someone I want to see return, but he needs a solid writing partner. They have a fun art style, but it would be a shame if it went to waste. Inaoka is someone who I expect will not return to Jump. They are working in other publications and after i tell c, I don’t think their return is likely. Keiji Amatsuka went missing after Tanaka Seiji which I wouldn’t be surprised due to how big of a failure it was. Takahide Totsuno is a possibility since after Alice and Taiyo they did a oneshot that has a vomic, but I don’t know. Yushin Kuroki is a mystery as well but I keep hearing they are active on social media. As for Seiji Hayashi,


I will take a break and continue once I get myself ready for the day, and that my phone is recharged.
 

Shonenfan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
435
Reaction score
261
Gender
Male
Country
United States
However, this week the chapter will not be released, since it is Golden Week.
Likely we have a break for golden week and then Oda’s regular break making a 2 week break. This happened before where we thought we’d have a chapter post break but we get a back to back instead
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gotouge’s return would probably be the biggest and most hyped return since kishimoto’s return. What kind of series have the big names
mentioned they wanted to draw next or what would you like to see them do next?

Gotouge doing sci fi is fascinating. I’d like to see a big adventure one piece lite series from hotikoshi, no leash. I’d like to see tabata do a sci fi again. Furudate is hard to say; I can’t see his art doing battle, but maybe a non battle battle manga? Fujimoto is unpredictable. Fujimaki will likely do something action related.

Do you guys foresee any big name poaching by jump? I could see AOT’s author being nabbed for something.
 

Pedroland17

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
51
Age
29
Country
Brazil
I think I’m starting to understand Kiyoshi biggest strength. Even though it falls into many of the same traps as other contemporary series, like rushing the narrative and not having a very clear core dynamic for the story, it also feels like a huge festival of references to other shonen. And honestly, that might be part of its charm.

I feel like if the author leaned into that more intentionally, the series could genuinely become a big success. But as it is, it comes across less like a deliberate meta approach and more like the author throwing everything at the wall out of desperation lol. Even so, that ends up making the read surprisingly fun in its own way. I’m already close to chapter 40.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
693
Reaction score
965
Age
33
Country
Brazil
Legitimately sick of these quirky ass authors like gege, fujimoto and aka akasaka.
They love smelling their own fart.
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The newest Kinato's magic chapter was great, especially if Zeo sticks around. I have faith that things will turn around.
 

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
To this day, I still have no idea why so many people believe "a proper funeral scene" is something that objectively needs to exist in a story when an important character dies.
 
Top